Options

Michael Brown Shooting

Comments

• Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    I want to wish Darren and Barbara a happy 1 month anniversary!
  • Options
    Oh boy, not liking what I'm hearing. I hope things don't turn violent but unfortunately I'm hearing otherwise. Some groups are planning on "disrupting" lives in wealthier white areas around STL. Lets hope disrupting is blocking streets and not burning things.
    Decision made, press conference today and official announcement tomorrow.
  • Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    JC29856 said:

Oh boy, not liking what I'm hearing. I hope things don't turn violent but unfortunately I'm hearing otherwise. Some groups are planning on "disrupting" lives in wealthier white areas around STL. Lets hope disrupting is blocking streets and not burning things.

no suprise, just take a look back in history...

Godfather.

• Options
    muskydanmuskydan Posts: 1,013
    JC29856 said:

Pants up, Don't Loot!!!!!!
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    What is the press conference for if they won't announce it until tomorrow?
  • Options

What is the press conference for if they won't announce it until tomorrow?

Probably to advise area residents to stay calm and go about business as usual while army tanks patrol the streets.
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,124
    My money is on the Baseball Furies to take over leadership of the city's gangs.
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,304
    Jason P said:

My money is on the Baseball Furies to take over leadership of the city's gangs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eF6ZSLDwLhM
  • Options
    Get ready for this Ferguson. I'm sure this will change the mind of the grand jury if no charges are filed:

• Options
    I believe that they're going to announce it tonight. I'm not sure what the difference is, but the decision is coming tonight.
  • Options
    The fact that they're waiting until after 5 and basically letting the city clear out leads me to believe that there will not be an indictment.
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,124
    They should wait until 4 am to release the statement.
  • Options
    Always makes me laugh when people get worked up over things like welfare looting and etc which pales in comparison to the theft and looting of pensions savings and the homes of ordinary Americans by wall street banksters while enslaving us (white black brown green and purple) with revolving debt and perpetual monthly payments.

Ask yourself am i enslaved, how in debt am I, how many monthly payments do i have and what are they paying for?
    Does my situation more resemble those welfare recipients and looters or the wall street banksters?

Anyway back to the distractions at hand...
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    JC29856 said:

Always makes me laugh when people get worked up over things like welfare looting and etc which pales in comparison to the theft and looting of pensions savings and the homes of ordinary Americans by wall street banksters while enslaving us (white black brown green and purple) with revolving debt and perpetual monthly payments.

Ask yourself am i enslaved, how in debt am I, how many monthly payments do i have and what are they paying for?
    Does my situation more resemble those welfare recipients and looters or the wall street banksters?

Only debt we have is our mortgage, so I know where our payments are going.

We wised up several years ago to not buy what we can't afford, and to pay for everything upfront. It works pretty well for us.

So...can't say that I am enslaved or not, but I certainly don't feel as such.

PS - I don't like stealing - or looting (semantics?) - period. If it's not yours, don't fucking take it. I learned that shit as a kid. Net worth, or position in a company, or not earning much - same applies to all.

• Options
    Jason P said:

They should wait until 4 am to release the statement.

Well, that IS after 5! Really hope this turns out to be anti-climactic.

• Options
    rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    hedonist said:

JC29856 said:

We wised up several years ago to not buy what we can't afford, and to pay for everything upfront. It works pretty well for us.

PS - I don't like stealing - or looting (semantics?) - period. If it's not yours, don't fucking take it. I learned that shit as a kid. Net worth, or position in a company, or not earning much - same applies to all.

Thank you Hedo !! You are spot on.If you can't afford it don't buy it,period.And I agree on all the rest.
  • Options

Get ready for this Ferguson. I'm sure this will change the mind of the grand jury if no charges are filed:

Last 12 I love the top picture,it speaks a thousand words.Fucking idiot criminals.I bet that business owner has some rights also.I can't hear his voice.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    And is that a gun in the pants of the fat piece of shit in the second pic?Yep it is.Muskydan is that considered a peaceful protester???Hes not a threat is he?
  • Options
    JC29856 said:

Except that people who find themselves in debt usually made choices to be there. Borrowing money to buy a house is necessary... if you want a house.

The store owner that has his store broken into doesn't really get a lot of choice there, huh?

They are hardly comparable. At all.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,469
    How do you run with pants half way down your legs unreal and pathetic
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    rr165892 said:

And is that a gun in the pants of the fat piece of shit in the second pic?Yep it is.Muskydan is that considered a peaceful protester???Hes not a threat is he?

Yeah made me wonder why the police that were supposed to protect the community were given stand down orders?

I guess they just figured the store owners would be reimbursed by an insurance policy although the old lady that worked at enron for 30 years had no insurance policy on her pension or the municipality that invested in triple a rated junk mortgage backed securities that lost 60% of its value had no insurance policy to cover the losses. I guess it was the choices they made to work for a phony company for 30 years or trust the ratings agency's and the sec, what ever happened to those looters. Huh
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    rr165892 said:

hedonist said:

JC29856 said:

Thank you Hedo !! You are spot on.If you can't afford it don't buy it,period.And I agree on all the rest.
    As do I! I KILLED my credit, and thank god.. Now no one gives a shit about where I am on the value scale, which means I can securely leave the grid and no one would know. None the less I agree with both posters' points.

I pray that things go as smoothly as possible for all involved.
  • Options
    muskydanmuskydan Posts: 1,013
    Ok, so this is what my team just got briefed on. People living near St.louis ghetto areas listen closely. Most places the rioters like to loot and steal from(liqour stores, cellphone electronics stores, and such) are all boarded up and most are closed tonight. This means if they decide to get hostile and act like animals their targets are limited. This opens up a big safety concern for that individual that finds themselves at the wrong place at the wrong time. Do not be in an area where you do NOT belong tonight. That goes for everyone who lives in a big city actually.... Luckily the weather suxs in the Midwest so tonight might be a non issue, but later this week things may get ugly . Even if they do indite . Be safe and keep your head on a swivel.
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,284
    muskydan said:

Ok, so this is what my team just got briefed on. People living near St.louis ghetto areas listen closely. Most places the rioters like to loot and steal from(liqour stores, cellphone electronics stores, and such) are all boarded up and most are closed tonight. This means if they decide to get hostile and act like animals their targets are limited. This opens up a big safety concern for that individual that finds themselves at the wrong place at the wrong time. Do not be in an area where you do NOT belong tonight. That goes for everyone who lives in a big city actually.... Luckily the weather suxs in the Midwest so tonight might be a non issue, but later this week things may get ugly . Even if they do indite . Be safe and keep your head on a swivel.

thanks for the heads up. must you constantly racebait with your codewords?? but please, on behalf of my city, don't come here. we don't want you here.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    Wilson is out of state and hasn't been notified to turn himself in which equals no indictment not even involuntary manslaughter.
    Not shocking given "Wilson's story" versus 8 eyewitnesses!
  • Options
    I personally do not think he's going to be indicted. If he was, they would have announced it this afternoon. They waited until the city is relatively empty of the work force. They are giving time for police to set up in cities across the Midwest.

One thing is for sure, things are going to get violent if he's gets off. Unfortunately you are right muskydan, have your head on a swivel tonight wherever you are.
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,284
    a few tidbits from someone who is here.
    - there is a really eerie feeling in the air tonight. things were tense all day at work today. they sent a lot of people home today, mainly those who use public transportation.

- a family friend who owns "the diamond shop" in clayton boarded up their windows today.

- a lot of schools are closed tomorrow and for the rest of the week. all sporting events at most schools have been canceled as well

- the national guard is here. i saw a ton of police and some hum vees on the way home. people are on edge, blacks and whites alike.

- press conference was pointless. i think they insulted everybody's intelligence by reading their worthless prepared statements.

- michael brown's dad has asked for 4.5 minutes of silence after the announcement. one minute to represent 1 hour that brown's body lay in the street after the shooting

- michael brown's father made a commercial pleading for peace and it is playing on most stations on every 2 or 3 commercial breaks

- i listened to kmox on the way home. it is the popular am station here, the one that airs limbaugh and local conservative programs. all they were doing was slamming brown and the brown family. halfway home i switched over to "make it plain" on xm progress and they were saying that there is going to be no indictment and that the whole country is going to erupt. i don't know who to believe

- i do not think that anybody is expecting an indictment. the local news is trying to prepare everyone for the worst

i am going to try to post some updates as the night goes on, but at this point, i am expecting chaos, and i think a lot of people are going to be in danger :(
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    Keep safe, gimme.

You too, musky.