Options

Michael Brown Shooting

Comments

• Options
    The officer "tried to thrust his door open but we were so close to it that it ricocheted off us and it bounced back to him."

and...

The officer "reached his arm out the window and grabbed my friend around his neck" (and tried to pull him into the car).

These don't seem plausible.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    edited August 2014
    i am all of a sudden believing the guy skyping his woman, may have engineered this recording. i sure as shit am confused. if that skype recording is a fake, someone is jammed up. im not saying it is, im saying it is not matching what mike brown's buddy says who was right there

it is pretty loud. a lot of ppl in st. louis have windows closed w/ ac on unless dead ass poor & can't afford ac. that's ok the fbi will test sound levels & shit. they have sophisticated equpiment that can tell if that was spliced in or staged or whatever. plus the lady on the other end of skype is a witness i would image too. we'll see what she has to say.

funny though nothing came out about this two weeks ago
    Post edited by chadwick on
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 19,001
    Can we all agree that listening to that guy's Skype convo is something we wish we hadn't done?

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    jimmyv, at first i was like, "what the, some kinda joke" i kept looking at the news logo making sure it looked real

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    edit

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,198
    Seems pretty consistent to me
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    Do you mean because there is no first shot? I'm not sure if we have the whole recording....or maybe the recording started after the first shot was taken?

Johnson said there was 2-3 minutes between the first shot and the next....I'm guessing he misspoke

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    something doesn't seem right about that audio...
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388

callen said:

callen said:

Cop struggles with guy and dies.

If you violently confront a cop as likely brown and idiot with knife did you should expect to die.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/23/us/texas-police-chief-killed/index.html?c=homepage-t

Tired of the bleeding heart bullshit.

violently? Where is the evidence of that?

Said "if".
    ok but assaulting a police officer is not punishable by death....all of the evidence at this point reflects murder in Brown's case

Yeah add this recording to the other existing evidence and we still have murder at this point.

This recording backs up the eyewitnesses accounts. The cop was shooting as Brown and Johnson were running away. Brown turns with his arms up and gets four more bullets...two of which are head shots...the final entering the top of his skull NOT because he was charging the officer but because he was dying

To me the biggest piece of evidence backing up the eyewitnesses accounts is that the body was 35 feet from the police car. Whatever "struggle" might have occurred was done and the kid was running away.

So hitting a guy 6 times with handgun is hard. From 35 feet really hard. Or so I'm told. Think a lot of our speculations will be answered once they release the facts.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,127
    callen said:

callen said:

callen said:

If you violently confront a cop as likely brown and idiot with knife did you should expect to die.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/23/us/texas-police-chief-killed/index.html?c=homepage-t

Said "if".
    ok but assaulting a police officer is not punishable by death....all of the evidence at this point reflects murder in Brown's case

Yeah add this recording to the other existing evidence and we still have murder at this point.

This recording backs up the eyewitnesses accounts. The cop was shooting as Brown and Johnson were running away. Brown turns with his arms up and gets four more bullets...two of which are head shots...the final entering the top of his skull NOT because he was charging the officer but because he was dying

To me the biggest piece of evidence backing up the eyewitnesses accounts is that the body was 35 feet from the police car. Whatever "struggle" might have occurred was done and the kid was running away.

So hitting a guy 6 times with handgun is hard. From 35 feet really hard. Or so I'm told. Think a lot of our speculations will be answered once they release the facts.
    At a gun range 35 feet isn't too hard. But in a confrontation I think it would be much harder with adrenilin flowing. How many total shots were fired?
  • Options
    callen said:

callen said:

callen said:

Said "if".

Huh? That he was 35 feet away from the car suggests that he was running. It doesn't suggest that the officer wasn't walking toward him.

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,766
    Jason P said:

callen said:

callen said:

callen said:

Said "if".

At a gun range 35 feet isn't too hard. But in a confrontation I think it would be much harder with adrenilin flowing. How many total shots were fired?
    I dunno. I've had adrenaline flowing before, and I found that it really focused my senses. I only got all fucked up after the initial rush.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,306
    John Stewart weighs in, and is brilliant as always.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUi2A6tUYQk#t=117
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    That was funny.
  • Options
    dignin said:

Very clever. I'll be forwarding that link to a few friends.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    dignin said:

nicely done. a whole lot of those idiots irritate the hell out of me. oh my god what a fucking group of numb nuts. yet millions of people follow & believe their every word & they respect them too.

unreal
    Post edited by chadwick on

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    chadwick said:

dignin said:

nicely done. a whole lot of those idiots irritate the hell out of me. oh my god what a fucking group of numb nuts. yet millions of people follow & believe their every word & they respect them too.

unreal
    Just entertainers juggling for advertising revenue catering to humans that seek validation of being special. It is sad.

Stewart does the same.

Strife, murder, weapons all great for the news (entertainment) industry.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,869
    callen said:

chadwick said:

dignin said:

unreal
    Just entertainers juggling for advertising revenue catering to humans that seek validation of being special. It is sad.

Stewart does the same.

Gotta agree with you on the violence being great for the entertainment industry. But I gotta defend the Daily show, they call out both sides regularly (yeah one side more than the other, but one side does a lot of stupid things not based in the real world.) This clip also shows how they focus on the bigger point of how being a minority sucks and how there are too many cases of police abuse.
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Options
    edited August 2014
    i'd rather be neighbors with jon stewart than any asshole idiot from that bunk ass fox news. seriously those at fox news are off in some other nonreality & have never had any idea what the fuck is going on

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    oceaninmyeyesoceaninmyeyes Posts: 4,646
    edited August 2014
    The whole thing stinks and it seems like Michael Brown is sadly one more link in a long chain of injustices. I heard about this one last night, but it took place in March. nbcnews.com /news/investigations/handcuffed-black-youth-shot-himself-death-says-coroner-n185016 Victor White"committed suicide" according to the official report with his hands cuffed behind his back, by shooting himself in the chest, while sitting in a police car. Really . . . . really? And the coroner concurred? But didn't test his hands for gun powder residue? His father, a baptist minister, wasn't allowed to view his son from the chin down. The whole system is f*#ked up.
    Post edited by oceaninmyeyes on
    And the sun it may be shining . . . but there's an ocean in my eyes
  • Options

The whole thing stinks and it seems like Michael Brown is sadly one more link in a long chain of injustices. I heard about this one last night, but it took place in March. nbcnews.com /news/investigations/handcuffed-black-youth-shot-himself-death-says-coroner-n185016 Victor White"committed suicide" according to the official report with his hands cuffed behind his back, by shooting himself in the chest, while sitting in a police car. Really . . . . really? And the coroner concurred? But didn't test his hands for gun powder residue? His father, a baptist minister, wasn't allowed to view his son from the chin down. The whole system is f*#ked up.

the other day i found out about chavis carter & his case. check it out

http://youtu.be/17RfnEGaVTk

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    oceaninmyeyesoceaninmyeyes Posts: 4,646
    Chadwick - the cases are eerily similar. Both young men were left handed and their fatal wounds were on the right. Both had two searches with no weapons found. But drugs, both of them had drugs on them. Something smells . . . .
    And the sun it may be shining . . . but there's an ocean in my eyes
  • Options
    a5pj said:

callen said:

chadwick said:

dignin said:

unreal

Stewart does the same.

Gotta agree with you on the violence being great for the entertainment industry. But I gotta defend the Daily show, they call out both sides regularly (yeah one side more than the other, but one side does a lot of stupid things not based in the real world.) This clip also shows how they focus on the bigger point of how being a minority sucks and how there are too many cases of police abuse.
    Love the Daily show....attended even....chated with Jon...but he's also an entertainer and can see his bias as well....though not like Fox or anything....
  • Options
    chadwick said:

i'd rather be neighbors with jon stewart than any asshole idiot from that bunk ass fox news. seriously those at fox news are off in some other nonreality & have never had any idea what the fuck is going on

Me too Chad.
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,306
    callen said:

chadwick said:

dignin said:

unreal

Stewart does the same.

Yeah I mostly agree, but Stewart doesn't pretend to be news.

• Options
    dignin said:

callen said:

chadwick said:

dignin said:

unreal

Stewart does the same.

Yeah I mostly agree, but Stewart doesn't pretend to be news.

Ding ding.

Not even comparable.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    IdrisIdris Posts: 2,317
    Idris said:

rr165892 said:

Idris said:

rr165892 said:

pjhawks said:

Idris said:

And whatever happened to firing 'warning shots' (or is that just in the movies?) or shooting a person's leg(s).

well you don't know if the guy has a gun so if you just fire a warning shot or hit his leg you could end up dead if he does have one.

and i suspect if warning shots were fired the neighbors would complain about firing shots needlessly.
    Or you hit an innocent bystander,ricochet,etc
    You following the story of the cop in downtown Orlando killing a 20 year old with a stray bullet?

Has that been posted on the boards yet?
    No,ill check it out later on line.Thx
    mynews13.com/content/news/cfnews13/news/article.html/content/news/articles/cfn/2014/8/20/orlando_officer_shoo.html

ORLANDO --
    The Orlando police officer who shot and killed a woman during a late-night confrontation with an armed man early Tuesday morning in downtown Orlando fired his agency-issued weapon nine times, according to a report released Wednesday.

Officer Eduardo Sanguino struck the suspect, later identified as 23-year-old Kody Roach, several times, the report states. Roach survived the shooting.

Maria Castillo, 22, was struck by a stray bullet fired from Sanguino's gun, Orlando Police Chief John Mina said Tuesday in a press conference. Police originally said Maria's last name was Godinez, but friends say she actually went by the last name Castillo.
    Castillo later died at Orlando Regional Medical Center.

Witnesses at the time of the shooting said it wasn't likely that Roach fired his weapon. However, further investigation revealed Roach's .40-caliber handgun wasn't loaded and had no ammunition in the magazine or in the chamber, according to the report released Wednesday.

Police said the gun Roach had was stolen out of Orange County and was fully operational.

The shooting happened around 12:45 a.m. Tuesday outside Vixen Bar, 118 S. Orange Ave., when officers responded to a man with a gun.

Witnesses said the suspect, Kody Roach, was a regular at the bar. A man said Roach tried to walk inside the bar with his firearm.

911 calls began to come into dispatchers of a man with a gun outside the nightclub in downtown Orlando.

"He's, like, banging on the door with a gun!" said one caller.

A few minutes later, another caller who identified himself as a Vixen employee said Roach had been giving them trouble earlier.

"There's a guy we kicked out of our bar because he's too drunk and now he's started waiving his handgun around," the caller said.
    Police said there was then a confrontation between the suspect and officers after they arrived and shots were fired.

Witnesses said they heard as many as a half-dozen shots fired at the scene.

The officers involved are on paid administrative leave, which is standard procedure in an officer-involved shooting.
    The Florida Department of Law Enforcement is investigating the shooting.

Did police follow protocol?
    While officers face life or death situations many times in their careers, they also undergo specialized training to learn to cope with the pressure.

James Copenhaver, a private investigator and former Orange County sheriff’s investigator, said the revelation that nine shots were fired at a suspect in front of a crowded nightclub raises red flags about proper procedure.

Copenhaver said he understands the intensity of the situation.

“These cops are on heightened alert," he said. "They know that they are going on a call, that this guy has a gun because someone has seen it.”

But he said that’s when their constant training should kick in.

“It’s drilled in your head and you know before you take that fatal shot or any shot that you want some type of backdrop to protect potential citizens that are behind the suspect,” Copenhaver said.
    Copenhaver said a thorough review of the incident will determine if the shooting was justified.

This is just the latest incident where the actions of Orlando police officers were questioned. Copenhaver he agrees with the recent indictment of the Orlando police officer charged with firing the AR-15 in a local parking garage. He again points to questions in the officer’s training and said maybe it’s time for a review
    (Update)

Man charged with murder after cops shoot bystander

ORLANDO, Fla. – A Florida man was charged with murder on Tuesday in connection with a woman's death at an Orlando bar last week - even though a police officer fired the bullet that killed her, law enforcement officials said.

Police said the actions of Kody Roach, 23, resulted in the bystander's death on Aug. 19 from the stray shot and warranted a first-degree felony murder charge.

Under Florida law, a person can be charged with murder if a death occurs while a crime is being committed.

An officer fired at Roach nine times after unsuccessful attempts to subdue him, Orlando Police Chief John Mina said last week.

One of the bullets missed Roach and instead struck and killed Godinez, who was inside the bar with her friends.

Roach was hit five times, and another police officer on the scene was struck by a bullet that investigators believe ricocheted, according to an arrest affidavit.

The arrest report indicates the gun that was recovered from Roach -- a 40-caliber Ruger semi-automatic handgun -- had been reported stolen by a friend of his the day before the shooting.

That friend told Orange County sheriff's deputies he had been drinking with Roach that night and went to bed. When he awoke the next morning, his gun, ammunition and $30 was missing.

clickorlando.com/news/murder-charge-filed-in-club-shooting/27741346

torontosun.com/2014/08/26/man-charged-with-murder-after-cops-shoot-bystander
  • Options
    Idris said:

Idris said:

rr165892 said:

Idris said:

rr165892 said:

pjhawks said:

Idris said:

And whatever happened to firing 'warning shots' (or is that just in the movies?) or shooting a person's leg(s).

well you don't know if the guy has a gun so if you just fire a warning shot or hit his leg you could end up dead if he does have one.

and i suspect if warning shots were fired the neighbors would complain about firing shots needlessly.
    Or you hit an innocent bystander,ricochet,etc
    You following the story of the cop in downtown Orlando killing a 20 year old with a stray bullet?

Has that been posted on the boards yet?
    No,ill check it out later on line.Thx
    mynews13.com/content/news/cfnews13/news/article.html/content/news/articles/cfn/2014/8/20/orlando_officer_shoo.html

ORLANDO --
    The Orlando police officer who shot and killed a woman during a late-night confrontation with an armed man early Tuesday morning in downtown Orlando fired his agency-issued weapon nine times, according to a report released Wednesday.

Officer Eduardo Sanguino struck the suspect, later identified as 23-year-old Kody Roach, several times, the report states. Roach survived the shooting.

Maria Castillo, 22, was struck by a stray bullet fired from Sanguino's gun, Orlando Police Chief John Mina said Tuesday in a press conference. Police originally said Maria's last name was Godinez, but friends say she actually went by the last name Castillo.
    Castillo later died at Orlando Regional Medical Center.

Witnesses at the time of the shooting said it wasn't likely that Roach fired his weapon. However, further investigation revealed Roach's .40-caliber handgun wasn't loaded and had no ammunition in the magazine or in the chamber, according to the report released Wednesday.

Police said the gun Roach had was stolen out of Orange County and was fully operational.

The shooting happened around 12:45 a.m. Tuesday outside Vixen Bar, 118 S. Orange Ave., when officers responded to a man with a gun.

Witnesses said the suspect, Kody Roach, was a regular at the bar. A man said Roach tried to walk inside the bar with his firearm.

911 calls began to come into dispatchers of a man with a gun outside the nightclub in downtown Orlando.

"He's, like, banging on the door with a gun!" said one caller.

A few minutes later, another caller who identified himself as a Vixen employee said Roach had been giving them trouble earlier.

"There's a guy we kicked out of our bar because he's too drunk and now he's started waiving his handgun around," the caller said.
    Police said there was then a confrontation between the suspect and officers after they arrived and shots were fired.

Witnesses said they heard as many as a half-dozen shots fired at the scene.

The officers involved are on paid administrative leave, which is standard procedure in an officer-involved shooting.
    The Florida Department of Law Enforcement is investigating the shooting.

Did police follow protocol?
    While officers face life or death situations many times in their careers, they also undergo specialized training to learn to cope with the pressure.

James Copenhaver, a private investigator and former Orange County sheriff’s investigator, said the revelation that nine shots were fired at a suspect in front of a crowded nightclub raises red flags about proper procedure.

Copenhaver said he understands the intensity of the situation.

“These cops are on heightened alert," he said. "They know that they are going on a call, that this guy has a gun because someone has seen it.”

But he said that’s when their constant training should kick in.

“It’s drilled in your head and you know before you take that fatal shot or any shot that you want some type of backdrop to protect potential citizens that are behind the suspect,” Copenhaver said.
    Copenhaver said a thorough review of the incident will determine if the shooting was justified.

This is just the latest incident where the actions of Orlando police officers were questioned. Copenhaver he agrees with the recent indictment of the Orlando police officer charged with firing the AR-15 in a local parking garage. He again points to questions in the officer’s training and said maybe it’s time for a review
    (Update)

Man charged with murder after cops shoot bystander

ORLANDO, Fla. – A Florida man was charged with murder on Tuesday in connection with a woman's death at an Orlando bar last week - even though a police officer fired the bullet that killed her, law enforcement officials said.

Police said the actions of Kody Roach, 23, resulted in the bystander's death on Aug. 19 from the stray shot and warranted a first-degree felony murder charge.

Under Florida law, a person can be charged with murder if a death occurs while a crime is being committed.

An officer fired at Roach nine times after unsuccessful attempts to subdue him, Orlando Police Chief John Mina said last week.

One of the bullets missed Roach and instead struck and killed Godinez, who was inside the bar with her friends.

Roach was hit five times, and another police officer on the scene was struck by a bullet that investigators believe ricocheted, according to an arrest affidavit.

The arrest report indicates the gun that was recovered from Roach -- a 40-caliber Ruger semi-automatic handgun -- had been reported stolen by a friend of his the day before the shooting.

That friend told Orange County sheriff's deputies he had been drinking with Roach that night and went to bed. When he awoke the next morning, his gun, ammunition and $30 was missing.

clickorlando.com/news/murder-charge-filed-in-club-shooting/27741346

torontosun.com/2014/08/26/man-charged-with-murder-after-cops-shoot-bystander
    Wtf? First degree murder? That makes no sense.
    The cop fired nine times? Either he's a terrible shot or that is overkill.