Options

Michael Brown Shooting

Comments

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,766
    chadwick said:

check out sean hannity acting the fool as usual
    http://youtu.be/YG1kQNK2rOc

He's such a motherfucker - I hate that guy so much.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Thirtybills my quote button isn't working but I would like to point out that those figures don't add anything but confusion to the debate. As pointed out, the police fatality figures are very vague and the wikipedia link you posted says that "The list below is incomplete, as the annual average number of SELF-REPORTED justifiable homicides...is estimated to be near 400.". And "An incomplete survey using internet sources puts the figure at 607(4)." Where the hell did 161 come from?

That being said, the invalid figures do not refute your point that the overwhelming majority of incidences between police and civilians are on the up and up. That point is clearly irrefutable.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    rgambs said:

Thirtybills my quote button isn't working but I would like to point out that those figures don't add anything but confusion to the debate. As pointed out, the police fatality figures are very vague and the wikipedia link you posted says that "The list below is incomplete, as the annual average number of SELF-REPORTED justifiable homicides...is estimated to be near 400.". And "An incomplete survey using internet sources puts the figure at 607(4)." Where the hell did 161 come from?

That being said, the invalid figures do not refute your point that the overwhelming majority of incidences between police and civilians are on the up and up. That point is clearly irrefutable.

I had a difficult time finding a comprehensive collection of data to refer to. I counted the cases cited for the total of 161. The list is prefaced with what you say, but I wasn't prepared to offer what the contributor said was an 'estimate'- although I'd admit it very well could be.

I used the data- as flawed as it might be- to frame my point which is the Michael Brown cases that dominate the headlines are very rare statistical oddities given the amount of police work that occurs daily without incident.

I would be inclined to agree that incidents between police and civilians that do not work out so well for civilians saturate the various forms of media more than ever before. For such a savvy group that frequents this forum, I struggle with the growing propensity to paint a country's entire police force as a rogue and militant force that is out of control based on these outliers that we are presented with periodically.

I still hold fast to the notion that police are good and criminals are bad. That being said, once again qualifying myself, if it is found that a police officer has acted maliciously... they need to face the consequences of their actions.

* By the way... I'm well past the 'failed quote feature and unanswered question' exchanges. I noticed a tongue in cheek reference to it- I hope you're past it too and that was good natured.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    Oh yes I'm past it as well, I meant it as a simple statement. Perhaps my tongue was resting lightly on my cheek. :-) I really do have technological problems out here in the boonies!

If they wore cameras, and the FBI kept comprehensive figures we would have a better idea how big of a problem police brutality is, and we would be able to work toward solutions more effectively. I think it's simple... More/better training, more/better regulation, and more/better compensation. It seems to me, if police made as much as doctors we would have less trouble holding them to exacting standards.
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    PJ_Soul said:

chadwick said:

Don't hate him, he is supposed to be on tv doing what he does, men need whores, he's the best money can buy
  • Options
    rgambs said:

Oh yes I'm past it as well, I meant it as a simple statement. Perhaps my tongue was resting lightly on my cheek. :-) I really do have technological problems out here in the boonies!

If they wore cameras, and the FBI kept comprehensive figures we would have a better idea how big of a problem police brutality is, and we would be able to work toward solutions more effectively. I think it's simple... More/better training, more/better regulation, and more/better compensation. It seems to me, if police made as much as doctors we would have less trouble holding them to exacting standards.

If officers wore cameras, I wonder how much of the footage they collect would mysteriously go missing?
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 19,001

rgambs said:

If officers wore cameras, I wonder how much of the footage they collect would mysteriously go missing?
    There would be many Nixonian gaps, no doubt.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    Missing like Ms Mya Aaten-White forehead bullet!
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

chadwick said:

Why do you think his mouth is so big? How you think those hairstains got there? You
    prob thought that was grey? He is just for men!
  • Options
    Speaking of the best whores money can buy.....
    http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2014/09/01/friends-israel
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    Wow, just heard on CNN a guy that was skyping and got the audio of the gunshots from the shooting. The FBI are trying to verify the audio now. There were 11 shots fired. 6 rounds, then about a 4-5 second pause, then 5 more rounds.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    If this audio is legit, that pause is going to nail that cop. Sorry I don't have a link. I just heard it 7 times on CNN.
  • Options
    There is something recording everywhere at all times. If this is real, it is real evidence that we have all been waiting for.
    This cop may be in some big trouble.
  • Options
    Dirtie_FrankDirtie_Frank Posts: 1,348
    Just curious does Skype record the audio from the calls? I have Skyped and face timed with my family and just curious. Why would that be recorded? Interesting.
    96 Randall's Island II
    98 CAA
    00 Virginia Beach;Camden I; Jones Beach III
    05 Borgata Night I; Wachovia Center
    06 Letterman Show; Webcast (guy in blue shirt), Camden I; DC
    08 Camden I; Camden II; DC
    09 Phillie III
    10 MSG II
    13 Wrigley Field
    16 Phillie II
  • Options
    I don't know if it was Skype. CNN just said the man was recording a video chat. I jumped the gun and said it was Skype. My apologies.
  • Options
    No worries. I just seen it. I was just worried that someone else is recording us now.
    96 Randall's Island II
    98 CAA
    09 Phillie III
    10 MSG II
    13 Wrigley Field
    16 Phillie II
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,306

If this audio is legit, that pause is going to nail that cop. Sorry I don't have a link. I just heard it 7 times on CNN.

http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video/us/2014/08/26/ctn-intv-brown-shoot-new-audio.cnn.html
  • Options
    Ok, why would you record a Skype conversation? Also those shots are fucking loud wouldn't that make someone jump and say WTF? I would have.
    96 Randall's Island II
    98 CAA
    09 Phillie III
    10 MSG II
    13 Wrigley Field
    16 Phillie II
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,306

Ok, why would you record a Skype conversation? Also those shots are fucking loud wouldn't that make someone jump and say WTF? I would have.

Who knows.....people are strange.

• Options
    With all of the things that transpired there is no way Wilson could receive a fair trial, if convicted, zero chance.
    Ingenius!
  • Options
    norm said:
    I'm not trying to discount this, but this would make preced

This is an incrediblly difficult recording to take at face value. It might be legitimate, but it certainly is strange in so many ways.
  • Options
    What's strange is that there is no incident report? Strange that the officer that took justifiable action is hiding? Strange that medics were not called after the shooting?Strange that the body was left uncovered on display in the street for hours? Strange that the only thing released by police is Brown character assassination? Strange that police were given stand down orders to the looting? On and on and on and on....
  • Options
    Everything is recorded, everywhere, we live in 1984 lol
    If you have a smartphone pretty much every app (Chrome, FB etc.) has permission to record photo/video/audio without authorization. Seems like that's going to be a problem at some point!
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,198
    edited August 2014
    Yeah add this recording to the other existing evidence and we still have murder at this point.

This recording backs up the eyewitnesses accounts. The cop was shooting as Brown and Johnson were running away. Brown turns with his arms up and gets four more bullets...two of which are head shots...the final entering the top of his skull NOT because he was charging the officer but because he was dying

To me the biggest piece of evidence backing up the eyewitnesses accounts is that the body was 35 feet from the police car. Whatever "struggle" might have occurred was done and the kid was running away.
    Post edited by Gern Blansten on
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    rgambs said:

Everything is recorded, everywhere, we live in 1984 lol
    If you have a smartphone pretty much every app (Chrome, FB etc.) has permission to record photo/video/audio without authorization. Seems like that's going to be a problem at some point!

It seems to me that it's a bigger problem when you have something to hide. If the recording is verified (and I suspect it will be), it certainly isn't something that Officer Wilson wants out there. While I hope to maintain a certain level of privacy in my life, I appreciate that with today's technology that such expectations are no longer realistic.
  • Options
    As much as I want to give the officer the benefit of the doubt, with everything that is piling up... it's hard to do.

At this stage, I'm not completely sold on the audio recording- I don't think it would be admissible in a court of law given the ambiguity of it. But the rest of what we know looks pretty bad.

It's becoming evident that Brown and the officer got into a conflict and the officer didn't like the way it went down for himself. He got angry and shot the kid dead. It's becoming indefensible based on what we have been fed.
  • Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    edited August 2014
    rapid shots fired in that online recording. funny thing is two things... one - why didn't this come out two weeks ago or did it? & second - i thought mike brown's little buddy said the cop fired once while wrestling around w/ mike inside the car? or something very close to that

something stinks
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
  • Options
    chadwick said:

rapid shots fired in that online recording. funny thing is two things... one - why didn't this come out two weeks ago or did it? & second - i thought mike brown's little buddy said the cop fired once while wrestling around w/ mike inside the car? or something very close to that

something stinks

The whole thing stinks! I don't think ANYBODY involved is telling the complete truth. :(