Options

Pearl Jam Bellingham 5/10/2000 Vault Show #4 Vinyl PreSale. CD/Digital on sale now! Free Digital D!

Comments

• Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,192
    two words- BULL SHIT
    they can't even throw in a shitty MP3???

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    demetrios said:

demetrios said:

PJ_Soul said:

No free download with the vinyl then I guess?

I was wondering the same thing. I thought I remember it saying we'd get downloads but I could be wrong.
    Once our vinyl copies ship out we'll probably received an email with a direct download code for the MP3. Hopefully ..
    Not according to this post.
    http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/241335/does-bellingham-5-10-2000-vault-show-4-vinyl-come-with-a-digital-dl#latest
    No way? Guess I'll have to wait till the CD arrives & just make a digital EAC > Flac copy of it.
    Your NOT buy the HD-FLAC :-O
  • Options
    Any word if the digital download has all tracks including Dead Man?
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,956
    MedozK said:

demetrios said:

demetrios said:

PJ_Soul said:

I was wondering the same thing. I thought I remember it saying we'd get downloads but I could be wrong.
    Once our vinyl copies ship out we'll probably received an email with a direct download code for the MP3. Hopefully ..
    http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/241335/does-bellingham-5-10-2000-vault-show-4-vinyl-come-with-a-digital-dl#latest
    No way? Guess I'll have to wait till the CD arrives & just make a digital EAC > Flac copy of it.
    The 2.13 Gig Flac-HD download? I'm already hooked up with a copy! :)
  • Options
    darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,483
    edited December 2014

The track list is here:
    http://www.livedownloads.com/live-music/0,11672/Pearl-Jam-mp3-flac-download-5-10-2000-Mt-Baker-Theatre-Bellingham-WA.html

No Dead Man.
    Post edited by darthvedder on
  • Options

The track list is here:
    http://www.livedownloads.com/live-music/0,11672/Pearl-Jam-mp3-flac-download-5-10-2000-Mt-Baker-Theatre-Bellingham-WA.html

No Dead Man.
    Also note on that page .. CDs WILL NOT SHIP UNTIL THE SECOND WEEK OF JANUARY.

So March '15 CD's will arrive in Canada.
  • Options
    demetrios said:

MedozK said:

demetrios said:

demetrios said:

PJ_Soul said:

Ok that's good to hear. Would hate for that streak to end.
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    lolobugg said:

two words- BULL SHIT
    they can't even throw in a shitty MP3???

I can't remember my last vinyl purchase that didn't include a digital download...
    It doesn't make any sense to make your members pay for something twice!!!
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    I am very disappointed like a lot of others that I have bought the vinyl, purchased the CD and still can't listen to it till I get the vinyl..or when the CD ships next month sometime. 8-|
  • Options
    MedozK said:

demetrios said:

MedozK said:

demetrios said:

demetrios said:

PJ_Soul said:

Ok that's good to hear. Would hate for that streak to end.
    The streak will never end. :)

At the moment there's 76 Official Pearl Jam 24 Bit Flac-HD Bootlegs (245 Gigs).
    And counting ..
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,280

The track list is here:

No Dead Man.
    Which is wierd because I have a copy that someone captures from pearl jam radio and I believe it includes deadman. I could sort of understand keeping it off the Vinyl if space was an issue (but not overly happy about it), but it makes no sense why it would be omittied on the digital or cd versions which aren't as limited for space.
  • Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,856
    Not sure if this has been mentioned yet:

Nugs website states the CD's won't be shipped until mid-January.
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,885
    jjflash said:

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet:

Nugs website states the CD's won't be shipped until mid-January.

The 10c Newsletter yesterday said the same too
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,351
    How does the LP sound compared to Vault 3?
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • Options
    I asked this in another thread, but according to this interview with Brett Eliason,

http://www.twofeetthick.com/2011/01/the-mixer-brett-eliason/

the 2000 shows were recorded to 16 bit digital tape. It is bizarre to me that they would produce vinyl and high rez audio files from 16 bit masters. Unless this show is different because it was close to home base? Can anybody set me straight on this?
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,192

I asked this in another thread, but according to this interview with Brett Eliason,

http://www.twofeetthick.com/2011/01/the-mixer-brett-eliason/

the 2000 shows were recorded to 16 bit digital tape. It is bizarre to me that they would produce vinyl and high rez audio files from 16 bit masters. Unless this show is different because it was close to home base? Can anybody set me straight on this?

Reading that link and interview- sounds like there would have to be upsampling required for the HDFlac version. All recording and mixing was done in 16Bit 44.1kz.
    I doubt they changed out their setup just for the one show, but who knows? hopefully so

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    got mailed confirmation in US today
  • Options
    Got my MLB confirmation but no Vault vinyl email.
    If nothing is everything, I'll have it all
  • Options
    mrk2mrk2 Finland Posts: 2,026
    edited December 2014
    Or maybe the show was remixed (or at least remastered). You have the source multitracks in 16/44.1, but any post-processing, mixing and mastering can be done in higher bit rates and benefit from it.There's a long discussion of similar cases at :
    http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/a-theory-regarding-24bit-44-1khz-hdtracks-releases-of-albums-recorded-on-16bit-dat.365308/

It could be that the show was not originally mixed and mastered at all back in 2000. They pulled out the multitracks and mixed and mastered those now. Hard to say for sure. Anyway, just got my vinyl and actually opened it this time :D Gonna take it for a spin today.
    Post edited by mrk2 on
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • Options
    BHealyBHealy Flagstaff, Arizona Posts: 466
    Has anyone listened to the vinyl? I'm excited to get mine and spin it! How's the sound!?
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,149
    mrk2 said:

Or maybe the show was remixed (or at least remastered). You have the source multitracks in 16/44.1, but any post-processing, mixing and mastering can be done in higher bit rates and benefit from it.There's a long discussion of similar cases at :
    http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/a-theory-regarding-24bit-44-1khz-hdtracks-releases-of-albums-recorded-on-16bit-dat.365308/

It could be that the show was not originally mixed and mastered at all back in 2000. They pulled out the multitracks and mixed and mastered those now. Hard to say for sure. Anyway, just got my vinyl and actually opened it this time :D Gonna take it for a spin today.

Hey! Good stuff MrK! I'm still learning a lot about the science of sound and this was a great article! Thanks!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Mitch24Mitch24 Newfoundland Posts: 27
    Ahhh, membership renewal. Free mp3 bootleg download. Think I know what ill be using it on! Seeing as I live in Canada and wont see this vinyl for another good couple months!
    2013 : Worcester 1 & 2
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    mrk2 said:

Thanks for the link! Interesting theory. It would be nice if 10C or Nugs gave information about how these recordings were created so that we could make informed decisions about what we buy. I guess one way to check would be to look at a spectogram of the HD files, to see if any frequencies go above 22 kHz. Without such information, I'm inclined to just stick with regular FLAC.

I've heard that the Pono store is trying to be the anti-HD Tracks, giving more information about recordings and their resolutions. We shall see.

Edit: Oops, I forgot about this thread. I guess it explains the process for the most recent boots, so maybe the same techniques were used on this boot:

http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/208463/flac-hd-files-not-really-hd
    Post edited by darthvedder on
  • Options
    [PEARL JAM] Vault #4 Vinyl: Your FREE MP3 Download Code‏

LiveDownloads

THANKS FOR PRE-ORDERING PEARL JAM VAULT #4 ON VINYL!

The code below will allow you one free MP3 download of Pearl Jam Vault #4. Please save a secure copy of the completed files.

1. CLICK HERE to redeem your code.
    2. You will need to LOGIN or REGISTER if you are a new LiveDownloads.com user. After logging in, input your unique code (below) and click REDEEM.
    3. Vault #4 MP3 will be automatically added to your shopping cart for 0.00.
    4. Proceed to Checkout.
    5. Complete the free Checkout by clicking Submit.
    6. Click Download All to start your download.

YOUR MP3 DOWNLOAD CODE
    >>>>>> AH YEAH BABY <<<<<<<<<</b>

Each code is valid for ONE (1) time use to redeem at LiveDownloads.com.

If you have trouble redeeming your code or completing your download please contact http://www.livedownloads.com/support.aspx

Thanks for supporting Pearl Jam!

SWEET!!! B-)
  • Options

• Options
    =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
  • Options
    lotsalemonlotsalemon Boston Posts: 2,734

yes!!!!!! can't wait to listen to this tonight :D
    Mansfield 06.28.2008 | Boston 05.17.2010 | Boston 06.19.2011 EV solo | Wrigley Field 07.19.2013 | Worcester 10.15.2013 | Worcester 10.16.2013 | Hartford 10.25.2013
    Vancouver 12.04.2013 | Seattle 12.06.2013 | Memphis 10.14.2014 | Quebec City 05.05.2016 | Ottawa 05.08.2016 | Toronto 05.11.2016 | Boston 08.05.2016 | Boston 08.07.2016 | Amsterdam 06.12.2018 | Boston 09.02.2018 | Boston 09.04.2018

• Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525

How does the LP sound compared to Vault 3?

I think the vinyl of Vault 3 sounded better than Vault 4. Both pressing and performance wise.
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    got mailed confirmation in US today

ok, I fucked up. I could of sworn I got an email about this shipping but I think I mistook it for the MLB shipping. My bad if I gave hope. Can't wait to get the email that is for real. Looking forward to spinning new vinyl. Have not listen to the boot yet.

:!!
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,630
    edited December 2014
    Shipping notifications not going out yet might be a good sign. It could mean they are repacking them for us to keep them safe from USPS's destructive forces!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata