Options

Pearl Jam Bellingham 5/10/2000 Vault Show #4 Vinyl PreSale. CD/Digital on sale now! Free Digital D!

Comments

• Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,882
    PJ_Soul said:

it's hard to miss it that much when you've never even heard the show with it in the first place.

I'm the opposite. I can't listen to an incomplete show. Every Vault release has been been patched by fans to correct the flaws, and those are the only versions I listen to.
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    There's a noticeable between Faithfull and MFC where Dead Man should be. The inclusion of Push Me Pull Me on Vault 3 was just ridiculous. I'd rather they left it off than include half a song.
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,144
    Did the radio broadcast they did years back on PJ Radio play Dead Man?
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options

Did the radio broadcast they did years back on PJ Radio play Dead Man?

Yeah, I just checked it and it's there.
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    TinAntTinAnt Posts: 343
    demetrios said:

ali_burge said:

demetrios said:

boyo79 said:

Dead Man Walking is missing from the vinyl release.

That's disappointing, especially if it wasn't mentioned in the item description when it was for sale. Hopefully the CD/Digital Download includes it.
    It totally is disappointing. Because the complete show, including Dead Man (3:46 running time), has been shared in the trading community for many many years. How did this not make it on the Vault 4 release?

It's a Pearl Jam song. Not a cover song.
    http://pearljam.com/music/lyrics/all/all/20840/dead_man_walking

There's no technical problems with this audio file that we have been sharing.
    It's an Eddie song, not a Pearl Jam song - maybe it's a rights issue as presumably Sony (who put the film's soundtrack out) may not want it issued elsewhere? PJ did leave Sony to start their own label after all...
    COMPOSER: Vedder
    ARTIST: Pearl Jam

The song wasn't used in the Dead Man Walking Soundtrack. The Face of Love & Long Road tracks by Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan & Eddie Vedder were on the films soundtrack. Dead Man which is a B-Side to Off He Goes & the song played @ Bellingham '00 was never played in the films soundtrack. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0112818/soundtrack

Sony may still own all the publishing rights to this song, even though Eddie/Pearl Jam might own the copyright.
  • Options
    skinnyportageeskinnyportagee Texas Posts: 145
    My guess is 10C probably ran the presale before sending off files to the pressing plant. The pressing company lays the tracks for a test press and determines all the songs won't fit on 3 LPs. 10C and the plant then figure out what to cut to make it work.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,835

My guess is 10C probably ran the presale before sending off files to the pressing plant. The pressing company lays the tracks for a test press and determines all the songs won't fit on 3 LPs. 10C and the plant then figure out what to cut to make it work.

in all of the live vinyl sales I've ever seen of any other band, no one else has ever had this issue. My guess is either it was planned from the beginning, or they didn't do their due dilligence (checking track length) before sending it off. either way, and I didn't buy this, it really is laziness and ridiculous. not to mention not giving a shit about those that bought it.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,909

If that's true then they just should of just cut out Black, which was the only song from Ten that was played that night, to keep Dead Man on the vinyl press.

I'm only kidding. :P
  • Options
    The song in question was not completely recorded due to equipment limitations at the time.
  • Options

in all of the live vinyl sales I've ever seen of any other band, no one else has ever had this issue. My guess is either it was planned from the beginning, or they didn't do their due dilligence (checking track length) before sending it off. either way, and I didn't buy this, it really is laziness and ridiculous. not to mention not giving a shit about those that bought it.

all assumptions in this post are wrong.
  • Options
    kg162716kg162716 Posts: 567
    edited December 2014

The song in question was not completely recorded due to equipment limitations at the time.

Not to be rude, why pick that show then Santos?

Also, I've been reading that people have received incomplete Vault 4 packages...Missing records and getting two of the same Lps in the jackets..

Maybe bull, but the facebook page has quite a few ppl complaining...

Just wondering if you want to weigh in on this??

Post edited by kg162716 on
    Toronto '03, Boston '04, Halifax '05, Boston 1&2 '06, Mansfield 1&2 '08, Boston '10, Toronto 1&2 '11, Brooklyn 1&2 13, Sao Paulo '15, Brasilia '15, Belo Horizonte '15, Rio '15, Quebec '16, Fenway '1&2 16', Seattle 1 & 2 18', Quebec ‘22
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    It's true. I just compared the broadcast version to the audience recording and Dead Man on the broadcast version is indeed incomplete. It's there until the "hallways are all mocking me" and then his vocals cut out.
    Post edited by given2fly23 on
  • Options
    darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,480

Was this disclosed at the time of the sale?
  • Options
    EnterThanmanEnterThanman London, ON Posts: 1,057
    edited December 2014

If Josh's assumption is wrong, that implies the song was never going to be included, so why can't whoever makes these decisions for the 10C just be up front about it? People would still buy it, and you'd avoid the disappointment now. Everyone wins (minus the people who really like Dead Man, of course).

Post edited by EnterThanman on
    The member formerly known as Scratched Vinyl
  • Options

Was this disclosed at the time of the sale?

Negative.
  • Options
    SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 1,998
    I didn't order one of these because I haven't had a record player in over 25 years. Sure enough I've since gotten one, but it's too late for this item. They're flipping $200 on ebay already :(
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    Sarava said:

I didn't order one of these because I haven't had a record player in over 25 years. Sure enough I've since gotten one, but it's too late for this item. They're flipping $200 on ebay already :(

Maybe try posting a thread in lost dogs. I am sure there are some kind souls on here who bought extras. Most places I would say tough shit, but there are all kinds of great people on here not looking to turn a buck. You never know.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,570
    edited December 2014
    Thanks for clearing that up Santos.
    It sounds like it will be an awesome bootleg, with or without half of Dead Man on it, lol... It's got all of Binaural played live on it folks. That would be why they picked it maybe? Because that is the main reason I am so excited about this album.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Did they ever issue a disclaimer about missing songs on any prior releases? Orpheum? DITP? Bootlegs? Seems silly to get all riled up over it. Opinion. Don't flame me over it.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options

Did they ever issue a disclaimer about missing songs on any prior releases? Orpheum? DITP? Bootlegs? Seems silly to get all riled up over it. Opinion. Don't flame me over it.

Yeah, they said something for vault 3.
    Anyway, tech issue - better to cut it out and give us what theu obviously think is an awesome show than not do it just because of one song, IMO.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    RD171825RD171825 Posts: 440

Its on the mp3 of the original PJ radio broadcast. Should have left it on, no need to be perfectionists...
  • Options
    RD171825 said:

Its on the mp3 of the original PJ radio broadcast. Should have left it on, no need to be perfectionists...
    To each their own. I would way rather have it cut out completely than have a song suddenly stop halfway through while I'm spinning a record. That would be jarring.
  • Options
    RD171825 said:

It cuts out on that broadcast. Only half the song is there. Want the full show? Grab an AUD boot. Otherwise, I'm excited to hear a better mix of a classic 00' show!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    NormanNorman Posts: 109
    Super excited for this. Keep the vaults coming!!!
  • Options

I didn't buy one so don't care personally if the song is there or not. It just seems like good business practise to be honest up front to let people know what they're buying so as to avoid the dissapointment when the product arrives. This goes for all the releases you listed. It's just so easy to let people know the official track list at the time of release, to not do so is misleading. They don't have to specifically point out that it's not there, just list the actual track list that will be on the record.
    Definitely not a big deal from my perspective, but I understand why people would be dissapointed.

• Options
    PJ_Soul said:

RD171825 said:

To each their own. I would way rather have it cut out completely than have a song suddenly stop halfway through while I'm spinning a record. That would be jarring.
    I agree with that. I'd rather not have the song at all than cut off. I'd skip over it anyways.
  • Options
    skinnyportageeskinnyportagee Texas Posts: 145

If Josh's assumption is wrong, that implies the song was never going to be included, so why can't whoever makes these decisions for the 10C just be up front about it? People would still buy it, and you'd avoid the disappointment now. Everyone wins (minus the people who really like Dead Man, of course).

I think Santos was talking about paulonious' post not all assumptions from everyone in the whole thread.

Regardless, I see you point though. It would have been nice to know up front but oh well. I still look forward to getting my copy. :)
  • Options

well when there is zero disclosure on the part of the club, the only thing left available is assumptions, isn't it? why keep picking vinyl releases that have technical issues?

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

I disagree. if they advertise for a full show release, then at least be up front about it. why not? they keep waiting until people find out/bitch to give an explanation. I can totally understand why people get annoyed at this shit.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

well when there is zero disclosure on the part of the club, the only thing left available is assumptions, isn't it? why keep picking vinyl releases that have technical issues?

Because it's still awesome?