Options

Pearl Jam Bellingham 5/10/2000 Vault Show #4 Vinyl PreSale. CD/Digital on sale now! Free Digital D!

Comments

• Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117

my2hands said:

my2hands said:

my2hands said:

People are upset they didn't include an incomplete version of Dead Man?

You guys are ridiculous, something tells me you will survive

no, you missed the point. the point was not that the show is incomplete. it's about the band/club not telling potential buyers the details of it. that's all.

of course we'll survive. I probably won't even buy it. I generally only buy shows I've been to, or older ones from the early 90's.

it just doesn't make sense to me to keep releasing shows that have technical issues and/or are not complete. I just find it weird. it takes something away from the listening experience for me knowing there were other songs not included. it's not being a "whiner", it's just how the listening experience is for some. Some care about it, some don't. I happen to be one of the former.

Back when they were going to launch the digital vault, they released that 1993 Vegas show for free, and it was complete. And it was awesome and appreciated. why not release that one on vinyl for the vault? or another show that is complete?

so you didnt even buy this and you are complaining that an incomplete version of dead man isnt included? lol

this band releases nearly EVERY live performance for our consumption and enjoyment over the last 15 years, more than anyone in the modern history of fucking music, and people still want to complain over little shit like this, it really is amazing to me

i know there are a lot of people around here that only listen to PJ for some reason, but the grateful dead have released an endless number of live albums that have incomplete setlists for various reasons, so it is not like pearl jam are the first band to not have a fully perfect recording of a show they are putting out

i bought this, actually it was a gift from my amazing gf, and i have zero issue that dead man is not included... it is just a rock band folks... i do not expect perfection

bottom line = shit happens, get over it, it's only rock and roll

bottom line: you missed the entire point AGAIN. the main issue was lack of disclosure.

I'm not upset about anything. But I can understand why others would be. no one here expects perfection, either, just communication.

I don't think anyone is upset about the exclusion of dead man. glitches happen. it's a live environment where stuff like this occurs. I, and others, just think it's odd that for a big live vinyl release, they keep choosing shows that got fucked up during recording. that's all. the only one who appears to be upset is you. Ironically, at your own incorrect perception of others being upset.

Are you positive there was no disclosure? Right on every single setlist where you click to buy the boot it clearly says "track listing may differ from original setlist"... and that is clearly stated on this shows setlist as well... I do not remember the original listing, but it is clearly stated on every single setlist page my friend

And believe me, I am not upset... I am just tired of grown adults bitching about stupid shit on a rock bands message board, they suck the life out of this place, it is supposed to be fun
    I'm just not a big fan of partial shows, never have been. Especially for the trouble and effort a release like this obviously would have taken.

and you didnt buy this "partial show" but continue to make a big deal out of it?

meanwhile i actually bought it and have no issue with it, at all...

i think i will just leave it at that my friend, to each his own... rock on

• Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117

PJ_Soul said:

RD171825 said:

The song in question was not completely recorded due to equipment limitations at the time.

Its on the mp3 of the original PJ radio broadcast. Should have left it on, no need to be perfectionists...
    To each their own. I would way rather have it cut out completely than have a song suddenly stop halfway through while I'm spinning a record. That would be jarring.
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    Hoping to be spinning this baby for the holidays.
    Gonna be one of the BEST gifts I've received...
    from myself!!! ;)
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,990
    my2hands said:

All of this has been said before, but I'll still reiterate. For everyone complaining about the complainers, keep in mind that this is a band that has scores of COMPLETE, TECHNICALLY SOUND, UNRELEASED shows to pick from. Why they simply can't pick one of those is what's so baffling. Yes this show is still great but get over yourselves and realize that there is a really weird pattern to these vault releases. I can't wait for MSG II 98 to get released only to find someone spilled their beer on the recording deck in excitement when they broke out "Breath".

I'm thinking the band members' kids take turns picking shows "pin the tail on the donkey" style. That's the only logical answer.

that is overly simplified if you ask me... lets break it down a little deeper...

No Code/Yield reissues (96-98) are clearly in the band's upcoming plans and Vault #3 was DC 1998, so obviously you would not want to "Vault" release anything from that era right now

Vs/Vitalogy reissue (93-95) already happened with the 1994 Orpheum show being a part of that release, so that meas you probably dont want to do another Vault relase from that era yet...

Ten reissue (90-92) already happened with the 1992 Drop in the Park show being a part of that package, and Vault #1 was the 1992 Moore Theater show so i dont think they want to do a Vault release from that era for quite a while...

so i assume that pretty much eliminates doing anything from the 90's for THIS particular vault release...

Vault #2 was The Vic 2007 so that tell's me you dont want to release anything after 2006 as a vault release for a while... not to mention 99% of those shows have been released and are WAY too recent to release as a "Vault" release at this time in my opinion

so that leaves 2000-2005 for Vault #4... 99% of the 2000 tour has been released... 99% of the 2003 tour has been released... 99% of the 2005 tour was released... which leaves them to choose from a handful of shows for Vault #4...

2000 - 2 shows - the Mt Baker show and Vancouver
    2001 - 1 show - Groundwork (10 song set which makes it no-go)
    2002 - 5 shows - 9/23/02 opening for The Who (another 10 song set) and 4 shows from that December which is already reperesented via the 12/6/02 Showbox DVD
    2003 - 0 shows - i think every single show was released
    2004 - 9 shows - entire 2004 VFC tour is available
    2005 - 1 show - HOB Katrina Benefit (Robert Plant performs with them for the entire last encore so i assume that makes that a total no-go)

so really that leaves them with the two 2000 shows and nine 2004 VFC shows (really it should be 8 since i was at Asheville and Ed was sick and they only played 21 songs)...

so with all that being said, they really had about 10 shows to choose from, 2 of them were back-to-back shows in 2000 and 8 of them are all the VFC tour... i would love anything from the VFC tour and i am sure that will happen evenutally... this time they chose to release an "epic" and "legendary" club show that opened the 2000 world tour with the debut of almost the entire Binuaral album...

seem so bad now? what would you release? another early 90's show?

i personally think they nailed this release and dont give a shit if it doesnt have dead man on it... but again i dont expect perfection out of a rock band
    Missoula 2005 was not released officially. It was recorded and used as a test file for the distribution system. It has circulated. I'd be shocked if this wasn't a vault release.
  • Options
    JV130312JV130312 STATE OF LOVE & TRUST Posts: 2,413
    When is the CD available?
    I Know All The Rules But The Rules Do Not Know Me.
  • Options
    H.ChinaskiH.Chinaski Brooklyn, NY Posts: 1,596
    Bummed that Dead Man is missing from the vinyl. Was def looking forward to that track...
    Pine Knob, MI Lollapalooza 1992 / Soldier Field, Chicago 1995 / Savage Hall, Toledo 1996 / Palace, Detroit 1998 / Palace, Detroit 2000 / Pine Knob, MI 2003 / Showbox, Seattle 2004 / MSG, NYC 2008 / Key Arena I & II, Seattle 2009 / Eddie Vedder Beacon, NYC 2011 / Eddie Vedder Benaroya, Hall Seattle 2011 / Barclays, Brooklyn I &II 2013 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia II 2013 / Wuhlheide, Berlin, Germany 2014 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia 1 2016 / Madison Square Garden, NYC 2 2016 / Wrigley 2, Chicago 2016/ Fenway 1, Boston 2018/
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,910
    edited December 2014
    JV130312 said:

When is the CD available?

Cool sig man! Dec 18th '15 is gonna be awesome!!! B-)

The CD? I'm guessing when their vinyl copies have been shipped out here in USA & Canada, the CD & digital formats will be available for order. Can't wait for the 24 Bit Flac-HD download. Will make a fine addition to my collection. B-)

Post edited by demetrios on
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,835
    edited December 2014
    my2hands said:

my2hands said:

my2hands said:

my2hands said:

People are upset they didn't include an incomplete version of Dead Man?

You guys are ridiculous, something tells me you will survive

no, you missed the point. the point was not that the show is incomplete. it's about the band/club not telling potential buyers the details of it. that's all.

of course we'll survive. I probably won't even buy it. I generally only buy shows I've been to, or older ones from the early 90's.

it just doesn't make sense to me to keep releasing shows that have technical issues and/or are not complete. I just find it weird. it takes something away from the listening experience for me knowing there were other songs not included. it's not being a "whiner", it's just how the listening experience is for some. Some care about it, some don't. I happen to be one of the former.

Back when they were going to launch the digital vault, they released that 1993 Vegas show for free, and it was complete. And it was awesome and appreciated. why not release that one on vinyl for the vault? or another show that is complete?

so you didnt even buy this and you are complaining that an incomplete version of dead man isnt included? lol

this band releases nearly EVERY live performance for our consumption and enjoyment over the last 15 years, more than anyone in the modern history of fucking music, and people still want to complain over little shit like this, it really is amazing to me

i know there are a lot of people around here that only listen to PJ for some reason, but the grateful dead have released an endless number of live albums that have incomplete setlists for various reasons, so it is not like pearl jam are the first band to not have a fully perfect recording of a show they are putting out

i bought this, actually it was a gift from my amazing gf, and i have zero issue that dead man is not included... it is just a rock band folks... i do not expect perfection

bottom line = shit happens, get over it, it's only rock and roll

bottom line: you missed the entire point AGAIN. the main issue was lack of disclosure.

I'm not upset about anything. But I can understand why others would be. no one here expects perfection, either, just communication.

I don't think anyone is upset about the exclusion of dead man. glitches happen. it's a live environment where stuff like this occurs. I, and others, just think it's odd that for a big live vinyl release, they keep choosing shows that got fucked up during recording. that's all. the only one who appears to be upset is you. Ironically, at your own incorrect perception of others being upset.

Are you positive there was no disclosure? Right on every single setlist where you click to buy the boot it clearly says "track listing may differ from original setlist"... and that is clearly stated on this shows setlist as well... I do not remember the original listing, but it is clearly stated on every single setlist page my friend

And believe me, I am not upset... I am just tired of grown adults bitching about stupid shit on a rock bands message board, they suck the life out of this place, it is supposed to be fun
    I'm just not a big fan of partial shows, never have been. Especially for the trouble and effort a release like this obviously would have taken.

and you didnt buy this "partial show" but continue to make a big deal out of it?

meanwhile i actually bought it and have no issue with it, at all...

i think i will just leave it at that my friend, to each his own... rock on

making a big deal out of it? all i was doing was responding to you and your inability to read my posts.

well good for you! enjoy it!

Post edited by HughFreakingDillon on
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Final BowFinal Bow flying Posts: 486
    Vault #4 delivered in germany with minor corner damages.
    Packaging is pretty lousy.
    Jun 05, 1992; Nov 04, 1996; Jun 09, 2000; Jun 26, 2000; Aug 29 2006, Sep 16, 2006; Sep 23, 2006; Sep 25, 2006; Sep 30, 2006; Jun 12, 2007; Jun 13, 2007; Jun 18, 2007; Jun 21, 2007; Jun 26, 2007; Jun 28, 2007; Jun 17, 2008; Jun 19, 2008; Jun 20; 2008; Jun 22, 2008; Jun 24, 2008; Jun 25, 2008; Aug 13, 2009; Aug 15; 2009; Aug 18, 2009; Oct 06, 2009; Oct 07, 2009; Oct 09, 2009; Jun 22; 2010; Jun 23, 2010; Jun 25, 2010; Jun 30, 2010; Sept 03, 2011; Sept 04, 2011; Sept 07, 2011; Sept 14, 2011; Sept 15, 2011; Jun 20 2012; Jun 21 2012; Jun 26 2012; Jun 27 2012; Jul 02 2012; Jul 04 2012; Jul 05 2012; Jul 07 2012; Jul 09 2012; Jul 10 2012; Oct 15 2013; Oct 16 2013; Oct 18 2013; Oct 19 2013; Oct 21 2013; Oct 22 2013; Jun 16 2014; Jun 17 2014; Jun 20 2014; Jun 22 2014; Jun 25 2014; Jun 26 2014; Jul 11 2014; Nov 14 2015; Nov 17 2015; Nov 20 2015; Nov 22 2015; Apr 16 2016; Apr 18 2016; Apr 20 2016; Apr 21 2016
  • Options
    Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,697
    My copy arrived yesterday in Ireland. Corners were fine considering they were not protected at all with the lousy bubble wrap that was used but there was a large compressed/damaged area to the top edge of the front cover.
    Kearnsy
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,571
    I am really hoping that 10C repackages these before sending out....
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,148
    PJ_Soul said:

I am really hoping that 10C repackages these before sending out....

I really don't think they will- that's way too much time effort materials and labor $ on their part to do something they never counted on. It's pretty F'd up though that constantly we get screwed on these things.

It really doesn't bother me as much I make it sound, but with their lp releases showing up weeks after they hit the stores, damaged goods like this, crappy LB original presses, etc. it seems 10c needs to rethink their situation with regards to delivery/packaging of goods and who/where they are pressing their vinyl
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    I personally can't stand it when the album cover is damaged, especially when it's a really cool package. A little corner ding bothers me way more than it perhaps should! image
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 1,998
    With all those reports of doubles of one vinyl, and missing one of the others...does that kill the 'sealed' value of these things on ebay? Who would want a sealed copy now? And I ask this as someone who didn't order one, but eventually will need to find a way to get one.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Sarava said:

With all those reports of doubles of one vinyl, and missing one of the others...does that kill the 'sealed' value of these things on ebay? Who would want a sealed copy now? And I ask this as someone who didn't order one, but eventually will need to find a way to get one.

Yeah, it will hurt the sealed value, but that okay, because now an opened but otherwise mint one will take the place of a sealed one. I think that works itself out.
    Remember, 10C couldn't care less if people can't keep records sealed for the secondary market. That is a non-factor as far as they are concerned.
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,148
    Sarava said:

Very good question. I've been wondering the same thing. We'll know more once they drop in the states and we hear how prevalent the issue is. Sealed copies will be able to be looked at for dings and such, but unless it's opened obviously no one will know which discs are in there
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

I personally can't stand it when the album cover is damaged, especially when it's a really cool package. A little corner ding bothers me way more than it perhaps should! image

Like nails on a chalkboard :-q
  • Options
    lotsalemonlotsalemon Boston Posts: 2,734

PJ_Soul said:

I'm in the same boat...it's horrible but I'll always wait for a perfect copy at my local shop. I won't buy anything with dings or splits.
    Mansfield 06.28.2008 | Boston 05.17.2010 | Boston 06.19.2011 EV solo | Wrigley Field 07.19.2013 | Worcester 10.15.2013 | Worcester 10.16.2013 | Hartford 10.25.2013
    Vancouver 12.04.2013 | Seattle 12.06.2013 | Memphis 10.14.2014 | Quebec City 05.05.2016 | Ottawa 05.08.2016 | Toronto 05.11.2016 | Boston 08.05.2016 | Boston 08.07.2016 | Amsterdam 06.12.2018 | Boston 09.02.2018 | Boston 09.04.2018

• Options
    edited December 2014

PJ_Soul said:

I'm in the same boat...it's horrible but I'll always wait for a perfect copy at my local shop. I won't buy anything with dings or splits.
    I don't mind it if it's really used and I get it for $10. But for a brand new album, and especially one that cost me $80+ with the shipping?? I expect it to be absolutely PERFECT. $30+ for shipping from a place that is a 4 hour drive from my house should 100% guarantee that it arrives with no damage at all.... so I'm just hoping that's what happens with the Vault 4. Fingers crossed, because I'm gonna be angry otherwise. :P
  • Options
    Final BowFinal Bow flying Posts: 486
    Sarava said:

With all those reports of doubles of one vinyl, and missing one of the others...

It would say it`s a minority...

Jun 05, 1992; Nov 04, 1996; Jun 09, 2000; Jun 26, 2000; Aug 29 2006, Sep 16, 2006; Sep 23, 2006; Sep 25, 2006; Sep 30, 2006; Jun 12, 2007; Jun 13, 2007; Jun 18, 2007; Jun 21, 2007; Jun 26, 2007; Jun 28, 2007; Jun 17, 2008; Jun 19, 2008; Jun 20; 2008; Jun 22, 2008; Jun 24, 2008; Jun 25, 2008; Aug 13, 2009; Aug 15; 2009; Aug 18, 2009; Oct 06, 2009; Oct 07, 2009; Oct 09, 2009; Jun 22; 2010; Jun 23, 2010; Jun 25, 2010; Jun 30, 2010; Sept 03, 2011; Sept 04, 2011; Sept 07, 2011; Sept 14, 2011; Sept 15, 2011; Jun 20 2012; Jun 21 2012; Jun 26 2012; Jun 27 2012; Jul 02 2012; Jul 04 2012; Jul 05 2012; Jul 07 2012; Jul 09 2012; Jul 10 2012; Oct 15 2013; Oct 16 2013; Oct 18 2013; Oct 19 2013; Oct 21 2013; Oct 22 2013; Jun 16 2014; Jun 17 2014; Jun 20 2014; Jun 22 2014; Jun 25 2014; Jun 26 2014; Jul 11 2014; Nov 14 2015; Nov 17 2015; Nov 20 2015; Nov 22 2015; Apr 16 2016; Apr 18 2016; Apr 20 2016; Apr 21 2016
  • Options
    tino_11tino_11 Posts: 1,968
    It's a minority but unless you open it you will never know. Speaking from experience, I never received the correct vinyl :(
    2010: London
    2012: Manchester I, Manchester II, Manchester (EV) 
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 
    2017: London II (EV) 
    2018: Amsterdam I, London I, Prague, London II 
    2019: London (EV)
    2022: London I, London II, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam
  • Options
    Final Bow said:

Sarava said:

With all those reports of doubles of one vinyl, and missing one of the others...

It would say it`s a minority...

Yeah, but would anyone who knows about this risk buying a sealed version off the secondary market now? I sure wouldn't.
  • Options
    Vault CD & Digital copy on sale now!!
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,884
    edited December 2014
    Dagger that if it won't ship until next month as it says in the newsletter
    Post edited by pjsteelerfan on
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    No free download with the vinyl then I guess?
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

That would be pretty lame if one isn't put in our accounts if we ordered the vinyl.
  • Options
    skinnyportageeskinnyportagee Texas Posts: 145
    PJ_Soul said:

I was wondering the same thing. I thought I remember it saying we'd get downloads but I could be wrong.
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

I was wondering the same thing. I thought I remember it saying we'd get downloads but I could be wrong.
    Once our vinyl copies ship out we'll probably received an email with a direct download code for the MP3. Hopefully ..
  • Options
    demetrios said:

PJ_Soul said:

Once our vinyl copies ship out we'll probably received an email with a direct download code for the MP3. Hopefully ..
    Not according to this post.
    http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/241335/does-bellingham-5-10-2000-vault-show-4-vinyl-come-with-a-digital-dl#latest
  • Options

demetrios said:

PJ_Soul said:

Not according to this post.
    http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/241335/does-bellingham-5-10-2000-vault-show-4-vinyl-come-with-a-digital-dl#latest
    No way? Guess I'll have to wait till the CD arrives & just make a digital EAC > Flac copy of it.