Options

Pearl Jam Bellingham 5/10/2000 Vault Show #4 Vinyl PreSale. CD/Digital on sale now! Free Digital D!

1141516171820»

Comments

• Options
    EnzedEnzed NZ Posts: 479
    Cool, I guess. My order says it's been shipped, but nothing from UPS/USPS or whomever.
    Auckland 1 1995
    Auckland 1998
    EV (Neil Finn and Friends, April 2, 2001)
    Auckland 2009
    Auckland 2014
  • Options
    october22october22 Posts: 2,533
    I got an email from them January 22 telling me my replacement vinyl had shipped. Still nothing's shown up. 10Club definitely operates more like a "club" than a business and they seem to be getting worse.
  • Options
    By the way, just read an article (on physical paper) about Jizzy Media, the Czech company that presses PJ's vinyl. Apparently they're the biggest in the world right now. They have a pretty interesting story but I'm not very impressed with their quality control.
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Well I was finally able to listen to the 1st LP and I didn't notice anything deficient. There is a greenish/blue discoloration, about the size of a quarter, in the vinyl on side A but it didn't affect anything.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,879
    Still nothing. Maybe next Tuesday? No mail this Monday because for the first time in Nova Scotia history we get a holiday for the month of February. Viola Desmond Day. Still not a long weekend for me cause I gotta work. :angry:
    october22 said:

By the way, just read an article (on physical paper) about Jizzy Media, the Czech company that presses PJ's vinyl. Apparently they're the biggest in the world right now. They have a pretty interesting story but I'm not very impressed with their quality control.

With all these posted & reported problems about the defects of Vault 4, it's probably best to look around for some other vinyl pressing company that will do the job right. Maybe turn to Third Man Records. Haven't heard bad stuff coming from them.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    demetrios said:

Still nothing. Maybe next Tuesday? No mail this Monday because for the first time in Nova Scotia history we get a holiday for the month of February. Viola Desmond Day. Still not a long weekend for me cause I gotta work. :angry:

october22 said:

With all these posted & reported problems about the defects of Vault 4, it's probably best to look around for some other vinyl pressing company that will do the job right. Maybe turn to Third Man Records. Haven't heard bad stuff coming from them.
    Third Man's records are pressed at URP... the company that pressed Lightning Bolt.
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    Had a NICE surprise waiting for me in my mailbox when I got home from work tonight!!!

The replacement records for my damaged Vault #4 discs 1 & 3 arrived...
    gonna be giving these a spin at some point this weekend!!!
    :triumph:
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,554
    Definitely very fast response when it comes to 10C dealing with problems. I sent them a photo of my broken records, and I got an email the very next morning saying the replacements would ship within 2 days and should arrive in 10 - 14 days.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

Definitely very fast response when it comes to 10C dealing with problems. I sent them a photo of my broken records, and I got an email the very next morning saying the replacements would ship within 2 days and should arrive in 10 - 14 days.

Don't get too excited just yet. I got a similar email saying it would ship within 2 days... Then three weeks of silence went by. I had to email them again. They got back to me quickly again but hopefully it actually ships this time. Interesting that they're asking people to destroy them because they didn't ask me to do so. Maybe because I emailed them pictures of all the scratches on mine and that was good enough?
  • Options
    october22 said:

PJ_Soul said:

Don't get too excited just yet. I got a similar email saying it would ship within 2 days... Then three weeks of silence went by. I had to email them again. They got back to me quickly again but hopefully it actually ships this time. Interesting that they're asking people to destroy them because they didn't ask me to do so. Maybe because I emailed them pictures of all the scratches on mine and that was good enough?
    I wonder if it's just because you Contacted them early. I didn't see reports of this smashing thing until fairly recently. Maybe they weren't making the request until they realized just how many records had issues.
    Anyway, I hope you're an exception as far as the speed of delivery goes! I'll hold the faith, since it seems that they're in the replacement groove now. ;)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    I finally had a chance to listen to LP's 2 & 3. I didn't notice any scratches and everything sounded fine.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,088
    Enzed said:

Cool, I guess. My order says it's been shipped, but nothing from UPS/USPS or whomever.

"
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    Received in perfect condition and played beautifully. Thanks tenclub and boys.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    Arrived today in Oz. Haven't spun yet but looks pristine!
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

october22 said:

PJ_Soul said:

I wonder if it's just because you Contacted them early. I didn't see reports of this smashing thing until fairly recently. Maybe they weren't making the request until they realized just how many records had issues.
    Anyway, I hope you're an exception as far as the speed of delivery goes! I'll hold the faith, since it seems that they're in the replacement groove now. ;)
    Thanks! You had an issue with this record too, no?
  • Options
    Will today be the day the Vault 4 vinyl or Vault 4 CD land here in Nova Scotia? Anyone else waiting for their copies to arrive in Atlantic Canada?

East Coast snow storm & UPS delivery? Oh no!!!!

• Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,474
    demetrios said:

Will today be the day the Vault 4 vinyl or Vault 4 CD land here in Nova Scotia? Anyone else waiting for their copies to arrive in Atlantic Canada?

East Coast snow storm & UPS delivery? Oh no!!!!

Good thing they are packaged well! Hope yours isn't in there D
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    october22 said:

PJ_Soul said:

october22 said:

PJ_Soul said:

Thanks! You had an issue with this record too, no?
    Yeah. Discs 2 and 3 had problems (disc 1 was the only one that looked like it would be thrashed because it was covered in grit and filth, but that was actually the only one that played well after I cleaned it). I found it really counterintuitive to be smashing vinyl. A hammer doesn't work at all. I literally found that method impossible, and I was banging at those thing with all my strength (it became an exercise in curiosity, lol). All it did was leave marks on the record. Red marks, oddly enough. What's up with that? But then you just gently hit them on a hard corner and they practically crumble. Huh!
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    CD & Vinyl just arrived! Sweet!!! :)

• Options
    bazzer said:

Enzed said:

"
    Finally arrived in NZ!
  • Options
    Got my replacement - got here fast and they are in good shape. :)
    I really like this boot a lot. A really good setlist IMHO.
  • Options
    Finally had a close listen to the replacement discs.... tons of crackling and popping on side F, and some crackling on much of both replacements. :weary:
  • Options
    Just picked mine up from my old work place after it was delivered there accidentally. Looking forward to giving it a spin tomorrow!

While I was at it I dug out my Vault #3 vinyl. Has anyone noticed the spine coming unstuck on the inside and slightly ripping on theirs?

The packaging looks great but feels very awkward to me when opening and getting the discs out. The weight of the discs seem to be pulling down the inserts from having it standing up all this time.

It looks like it can be easily fixed, but I think I'll need to store them flat from now on. The covers seems to be strong enough to prevent them from warping.

Either way, they look great next to my Drop in the Park and Orpheum Theatre records!

Bring on Vault #5 already!
  • Options
    Yep, but I wouldn't personally store them flat. You could take the records out and put them in new sleeves and store them separately.
  • Options
    bazzer said:

Yep, but I wouldn't personally store them flat. You could take the records out and put them in new sleeves and store them separately.

Great idea!
  • Options
    pijepije Posts: 74
    got my vinyl today in Indonesia, will open and check for any defect...
    it makes more sense...
    to live in a present tense...
  • Options
    nippleholicnippleholic Toronto Posts: 1,083
    Anyone else have glue on theirs? Mine has a small drop stuck on side A.
    2003: Buffalo, Toronto
    2004: Boston (x2), Toledo, Grand Rapids
    2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto
    2006: Toronto (x2), Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit
    2008: New York City (x2), Hartford, Boston II
    2010: Buffalo, Newark, New York City (x2), Nijmegen, Berlin, Werchter
    2011: Alpine Valley I, Alpine Valley II, Montreal, Toronto (x2), Ottawa, Hamilton
    2012: Amsterdam (x2), Berlin (x2)
    2013: London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Brooklyn (x2)
    2014: Detroit
    2016: Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto (x2), Chicago (x2)
    2018: Amsterdam (x2), Padua, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona
    2022: San Diego, Los Angeles (x2), Oakland (x2), Fresno, Sacramento, Las Vegas, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto
    2023: Fort Worth (x2), Austin (x2)

• Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,901
    Question at the end of Light Years (around the 5:12 mark), does Eddie say "Thank you, Mount Bacon"?
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Probably Mount Baker (Theatre)!
  • Options

Question at the end of Light Years (around the 5:12 mark), does Eddie say "Thank you, Mount Bacon"?

Mmm... mount bacon! *drools