• Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,495
    edited January 2023
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    DewieCox said:
    mace1229 said:

"Blue lives matter" was always just code for "No, black lives don't matter". 
    A lot of people take it that way. I never have. I always took that phrase in response to the cops that get ambushed and killed as part of "protests," then ignored by the media and officials. It’s a way of saying don't support one group by killing others. 
    If it was ever meant to be that, why didn’t people say it before “blacks lives matter” became a battle cry?
    Because it wasn't as acceptable to kill police 10 years ago. When I hear Bluer Lives Matter I think of a scenario like those 2 LAPD cops from about 3 or 4 years ago. They were sitting in their patrol car, ambushed from behind and shot in the head. 
    One was a rookie make, mid 20s or something, the other was a new mom, in her early 30s. The make was shot in the head and unresponsive. The female was shot in the face and through the jaw. She made radio calls for help but was unintelligible.
    There was video of bystanders who, after the shooter ran off, stood and mocked the police, made fun of the mom for not having a jaw on her face anymore while also trying to render aide to her partner with a head shot and yelled at them to just die. Then protesters showed up at the hospital and attempted to block the ambulance carrying the 2 cops. As far as I know these cops had not been involved in any questionable behavior and had no complaints, they were just cops in the wrong city and the community supported their attempted murder. 
    Thats what I think of when I hear that. Not black lives don't matter.
    It's still not acceptable. Don't fall for that bullshit.

The police sign up for that job so yeah they are going to encounter some nasty stuff. And now that our gun laws are shit and assault weapons have little or no restriction it gets worse.
    Groups cheering the shooting of 2 cops, protestors blocking the ambulance, that meets the definition of acceptable and encouraged by the community to me. No cop ever signed up to get ambushed in the back of the head and denied medical treatment, don't fall for that bullshit. 
    So 50 years ago you don't think there were "groups" that cheered the killing of police officers or even targeted them? That's a broad definition for "acceptable" by the way. 

There were groups that cheered the killing of Kennedy...MLK, etc. NOT acceptable.
    I'm sure there always have been.
    But the anti-police crowd seems stronger now than even just 10 years ago. I dont think someone who signed up to be a cop 10 or 12 years ago projected what the job would be like today. I dont like the "well they signed up for it" argument in response to police killings. Doesn't make sense to me. No one signed up for that.Sure, maybe they'd thought they'd be cussed out, but never shot in the back of the head while writing a report. 
    Maybe its just because of the internet and we see the videos now, but it seems worse than 10 years ago. I wouldn't have pictured what I saw happening before. If you havent seen those videos, I think its worth watching. 2 innocent people got shot and the witnesses just laugh and mock them trying to bandage themselves and call for help.
    And back to my first point. When I hear blue lives matter its not about being anti black, its protesting killings like that.
    Where has it been said "well they signed up for it" in response to police killings? 

I don't know a single person here or in real life who encourages or approves of police killings. 
    He's referring to my comment but I just meant that if you are going to be a cop you know that your life will be on the line all the time. It's unfortunate that some of them become targets because of the actions of others. But that is likely why cops assault seemingly innocent people as well...because of the actions of others they automatically assume you deserve a beatdown.
    The executions of those cops was horrifying. 

The response of the people who blocked the ambulances etc was equally horrifying. Our society's deeply fucked, no argument there... but to suggest "the community" encourages or finds acceptable the murder of police based on those incidents is nonsense. It's a sweeping generalization, and no different or any less wrong than saying all cops are murderous racists.

The state I've lived in my entire life is as blue as it gets, and literally no one I know or have ever known finds the killing of police officers acceptable. 
    Any of them inner city or impoverish people?

You get quite a different view from people living in different areas.

I've lived in Metro Boston for 17 years (an ok neighborhood... not the best, but definitely not the worst either), went to high school in a pretty shitty neighborhood and worked for 8+ years in that same shitty neighborhood (with people from a variety of classes / backgrounds). Do I know what everyone's beliefs are? No, I sure don't, but we're talking about as extreme a viewpoint as a person can have. 

To suggest "the community" encourages or finds the killings of police officers acceptable is a BS claim. 

I'm not saying people out there don't exist / hold the belief that cops deserve to die, but it's just not a prevalent attitude. 

I have no doubt certain media outlets will have you believe it is, but it's just not the case. 
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,008
    edited January 2023
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    DewieCox said:
    mace1229 said:

A lot of people take it that way. I never have. I always took that phrase in response to the cops that get ambushed and killed as part of "protests," then ignored by the media and officials. It’s a way of saying don't support one group by killing others. 
    If it was ever meant to be that, why didn’t people say it before “blacks lives matter” became a battle cry?
    Because it wasn't as acceptable to kill police 10 years ago. When I hear Bluer Lives Matter I think of a scenario like those 2 LAPD cops from about 3 or 4 years ago. They were sitting in their patrol car, ambushed from behind and shot in the head. 
    One was a rookie make, mid 20s or something, the other was a new mom, in her early 30s. The make was shot in the head and unresponsive. The female was shot in the face and through the jaw. She made radio calls for help but was unintelligible.
    There was video of bystanders who, after the shooter ran off, stood and mocked the police, made fun of the mom for not having a jaw on her face anymore while also trying to render aide to her partner with a head shot and yelled at them to just die. Then protesters showed up at the hospital and attempted to block the ambulance carrying the 2 cops. As far as I know these cops had not been involved in any questionable behavior and had no complaints, they were just cops in the wrong city and the community supported their attempted murder. 

The police sign up for that job so yeah they are going to encounter some nasty stuff. And now that our gun laws are shit and assault weapons have little or no restriction it gets worse.
    Groups cheering the shooting of 2 cops, protestors blocking the ambulance, that meets the definition of acceptable and encouraged by the community to me. No cop ever signed up to get ambushed in the back of the head and denied medical treatment, don't fall for that bullshit. 
    So 50 years ago you don't think there were "groups" that cheered the killing of police officers or even targeted them? That's a broad definition for "acceptable" by the way. 

There were groups that cheered the killing of Kennedy...MLK, etc. NOT acceptable.
    But the anti-police crowd seems stronger now than even just 10 years ago. I dont think someone who signed up to be a cop 10 or 12 years ago projected what the job would be like today. I dont like the "well they signed up for it" argument in response to police killings. Doesn't make sense to me. No one signed up for that.Sure, maybe they'd thought they'd be cussed out, but never shot in the back of the head while writing a report. 
    Maybe its just because of the internet and we see the videos now, but it seems worse than 10 years ago. I wouldn't have pictured what I saw happening before. If you havent seen those videos, I think its worth watching. 2 innocent people got shot and the witnesses just laugh and mock them trying to bandage themselves and call for help.
    And back to my first point. When I hear blue lives matter its not about being anti black, its protesting killings like that.
    Where has it been said "well they signed up for it" in response to police killings? 

I don't know a single person here or in real life who encourages or approves of police killings. 
    He's referring to my comment but I just meant that if you are going to be a cop you know that your life will be on the line all the time. It's unfortunate that some of them become targets because of the actions of others. But that is likely why cops assault seemingly innocent people as well...because of the actions of others they automatically assume you deserve a beatdown.

The response of the people who blocked the ambulances etc was equally horrifying. Our society's deeply fucked, no argument there... but to suggest "the community" encourages or finds acceptable the murder of police based on those incidents is nonsense. It's a sweeping generalization, and no different or any less wrong than saying all cops are murderous racists.

The state I've lived in my entire life is as blue as it gets, and literally no one I know or have ever known finds the killing of police officers acceptable. 
    I believe both those cops in that example actually survived. Probably don't live normal lives I would guess.
    And by community it can be just a local neighborhood, and it has become way more normalized to behave in that way.
    When bystanders videotape an attempted murder, cheer on the would be killer and mock the victims in public, how is it nonsense to interpret that as the community, made up of those individuals, has now made violence towards cops acceptable? In. many similiar neighborhoods across the country they marched and chanted to kill police. Not one person offered help to those 2 cops. It wasn't an active scene, the shooter fled, there was plenty of opportunity to offer help. Instead they mocked them as they lay there bleeding. That is almost as disgusting as the shooting. When you can shoot 2 cops in the open and every single bystander cheers you on, then then protest at the hospital to let you die, then yes, the community you are in and serve has accepted violence towards cops. I'm sure the majority of communities are like yours and would would not support that, but the small number that do are growing. 
    Theres a big difference between 1 rapper singing about killing police to sell records and a large group chanting to do it. it has become normalized to commit violence towards cops in some places. A lot more than it used to be it seems like.
    Post edited by mace1229 on
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    DewieCox said:
    mace1229 said:

I believe both those cops in that example actually survived. Probably don't live normal lives I would guess.
    And by community it can be just a local neighborhood, and it has become way more normalized to behave in that way.
    When bystanders videotape an attempted murder, cheer on the would be killer and mock the victims in public, how is it nonsense to interpret that as the community, made up of those individuals, has now made violence towards cops acceptable? In. many similiar neighborhoods across the country they marched and chanted to kill police. 
    Theres a big difference between 1 rapper singing about killing police to sell records and a large group chanting to do it. it has become normalized to commit violence towards cops in some places.

Brutality against police has not been normalized as much as conservative media outlets want you to believe. 
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    DewieCox said:
    mace1229 said:

When bystanders videotape an attempted murder, cheer on the would be killer and mock the victims in public, how is it nonsense to interpret that as the community, made up of those individuals, has now made violence towards cops acceptable? In. many similiar neighborhoods across the country they marched and chanted to kill police. 
    Theres a big difference between 1 rapper singing about killing police to sell records and a large group chanting to do it. it has become normalized to commit violence towards cops in some places.

Brutality against police has not been normalized as much as conservative media outlets want you to believe. 
    You know what has been normalized? Brutality against black people. Rodney King was 32 years ago and here we are. Memphis is up next. And sadly, it won’t be the last.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,401
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    DewieCox said:
    mace1229 said:

You know what has been normalized? Brutality against black people. Rodney King was 32 years ago and here we are. Memphis is up next. And sadly, it won’t be the last.
    You’re completely correct.  

Starting watching the 1619 project on Hulu.  If anyone wants to know the truth just watch it.  First episode talks about how long blacks have been fighting for themselves and how they’re truly the group seeking, and starting democracy.  I sure never learned any of this shit in school.  And here we are, practically back where we started 400 years ago. I’ve written it before, I’m embarrassed to be white. 
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,606
    edited January 2023
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    DewieCox said:
    mace1229 said:

When bystanders videotape an attempted murder, cheer on the would be killer and mock the victims in public, how is it nonsense to interpret that as the community, made up of those individuals, has now made violence towards cops acceptable? In. many similiar neighborhoods across the country they marched and chanted to kill police. Not one person offered help to those 2 cops. It wasn't an active scene, the shooter fled, there was plenty of opportunity to offer help. Instead they mocked them as they lay there bleeding. That is almost as disgusting as the shooting. When you can shoot 2 cops in the open and every single bystander cheers you on, then then protest at the hospital to let you die, then yes, the community you are in and serve has accepted violence towards cops. I'm sure the majority of communities are like yours and would would not support that, but the small number that do are growing. 
    Theres a big difference between 1 rapper singing about killing police to sell records and a large group chanting to do it. it has become normalized to commit violence towards cops in some places. A lot more than it used to be it seems like.
    If you view the two cops being shot as a reflection of a community, how do you view the attack on the US Capitol and the police officers protecting it? As a reflection of a community?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,158
    I actually heard someone comment that the only reason the cops were arrested so quickly was because they were black....let that sink in
    yeah normally the white cops get to go on desk duty for a while. then there is the investigation, and then the white cop is either charged, or given the opportunity to resign and find a job in a new city.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,788

Arkansas officers charged in violent arrest caught on video
    By ANDREW DeMILLO
    24 Jan 2023

LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (AP) — Two former Arkansas law enforcement officers are charged with civil rights violations in the violent arrest of a man outside a convenience store that was caught on video and widely shared on social media, the U.S. Justice Department announced Tuesday.

Former Crawford County sheriff's deputies Zack King and Levi White are charged with using excessive force by hitting Randal Worcester multiple times while he was on the ground during an Aug. 21 arrest. A bystander used a cellphone to record the arrest in the small town of Mulberry, about 140 miles (220 kilometers) northwest of Little Rock, near the border with Oklahoma.

The two former deputies pleaded not guilty during an initial court appearance Tuesday afternoon, after the indictment against them was unsealed. An attorney for the former deputies, Russell Woods, said his clients deny the allegations.

If convicted, each deputy faces up to 10 years in prison.

Charges were not announced against Mulberry police officer Thell Riddle, who was also on the video. Former Crawford County Sheriff Jimmy Damante fired King and White in October.

The current sheriff, Daniel Perry, declined to comment on the charges.

Damante has said Worcester, 27, of Goose Creek, South Carolina, was being questioned for threatening a clerk at a nearby convenience store and that he attacked one of deputies. The deputy suffered a concussion, Damante has said.

The three officers were suspended after the video came to light, and state and federal authorities launched investigations. The state's criminal investigation remains open and active, said Emily White, the state special prosecutor assigned to the case.

Worcester filed a federal lawsuit against the officers and local officials, saying they violated his constitutional rights during the arrest. Rachel Bussett, an attorney for Worcester, said she was pleased the two had been arrested.

“Now they’re just going to have to go through the court process," Bussett said.

White and King, who had been taken into custody by U.S. Marshals and the FBI, were released on bond Tuesday. A judge set an April 3 trial date for the men.

Policing experts have said the video raises red flags about the officers’ actions, saying that blows to the head amount to a potentially deadly use of force that’s justified only when someone poses a current and serious threat.

Worcester was treated at a hospital then jailed on charges including second-degree battery and resisting arrest. He was released the following day on a $15,000 bond. Worcester’s lawsuit said he has permanent injuries and will need continued medical treatment.

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Where are all the Back the Blue and Blue Lives Matter crowd applauding this?

Man charged in Jan. 6 assault on officer Brian Sicknick sentenced to 80 months

Julian Khater admitted he used chemical spray on officers defending the U.S. Capitol, including Sicknick, who died the next day. George Tanios also pleaded guilty in the attack.

The night of Jan. 6, 2021, Brian D. Sicknick texted his brother exhausted but in good spirits after an hours long battle defending the U.S. Capitol: “I smell like BO, weed, OC spray and CS gas.”

A day later, Kenneth Sicknick learned from another text message that his youngest brother, a Capitol Police officer, had died at age 42.

On Friday, a man who attacked Brian Sicknick with chemical spray at the Capitol was sentenced to 80 months — nearly seven years — behind bars. Julian Khater, 32, pleaded guilty in March to assaulting officers with a dangerous weapon.

“There are officers who lost their lives, there’s officers who committed suicide after this, there’s officers who can’t go back to work,” Judge Thomas F. Hogan said. “Your actions ... are inexcusable.”

Before the sentence, Kenneth Sicknick told the court Khater at release “will still be free and still be younger than Brian was when he died.”

D.C.’s chief medical examiner previously ruled that Sicknick suffered two strokes and died of natural causes a day after he confronted rioters, and that “all that transpired on that day played a role in his condition.” George Tanios, who was with Khater that day and admitted buying and handing chemical spray to Khater, is also being sentenced Friday. Neither Khater nor Tanios, 41, was charged in Sicknick’s death. Sandra Garza, Sicknick’s girlfriend, has filed a civil suit alleging Trump, Khater and Tanios bear responsibility.

Scores of Capitol Police officers attended the hearing Friday, filling the courtroom where Khater and Tanios were sentenced. Garza, came with the Virginia state trooper who escorted her from the hospital where her partner for the past 11 years died. She and Sicknick’s two brothers and mother broke open in court the pain and anger they feel over his death — blaming Khater and other rioters, in addition to then-President Donald Trump.

“How does it feel to be headed to jail for a baldfaced lie?” Gladys Sicknick asked the two defendants. She wore a shirt that had belonged to her son, describing him as “a good boy who grew up to be a good man,” killed by “lawlessness, misplaced loyalty to a deranged autocratic ideal and hate.”

A clinical social worker, Garza said she initially had “some empathy’ for two men “brainwashed by our former president.” But she said their lack of apparent remorse “shows a callousness and maliciousness that disgusts me.”

In court, Khater said what happened on Jan. 6 was “extremely unfortunate,” and that the officers and their families didn’t deserve it. “I wish I could take it all back,” he said.

But as Hogan told him, the “self-centered” pronouncement "did not include any apology to the officers who you sprayed.” While Sicknick’s loved ones marked the 751 days since Jan. 6, Khater began his statement by counting the 684 “agonizing” days he has spent in jail.

Khater said he was advised not apologize directly due to the pending civil suit.

The family said that they can never know all the details of Sicknick’s death, because it is too painful to delve into what happened that day and they don’t want to force other police officers to relive the experience.

“The United States Capitol Police are so busy taking care of my family, I wonder who is taking care of them,” Kenneth Sicknick said.

Hogan said that if not for the coroner’s report, Khater might be facing a murder charge. “I am concerned about what you did do regardless of whether you’re responsible directly for the death of Officer Sicknick,” he said.

The average sentence for those convicted of assaulting law enforcement officers is more than 48 months, in line with the nationwide average for that offense in recent years, according to a Washington Post database and data from the U.S. Sentencing Commission. The longest Jan. 6 sentence issued so far has been 10 years to retired New York Police Department officer Thomas Webster, who swung a flagpole at police before tackling one officer and pulling his gas mask off his face.

Khater’s defense attorneys, in court filings, also blamed Trump.

“A climate of mass hysteria, fueled by the dissemination of misinformation about the 2020 election, originating at the highest level, gave rise to a visceral powder keg waiting to ignited,” Khater’s attorneys Joseph Tacopina and Chad Siegel wrote. They asked for a sentence of time served.

Tacopina represented Kimberly Guilfoyle, Donald Trump Jr.’s fiancee, in front of the House committee investigating the attack on the Capitol. Guilfoyle, a Trump fundraiser, spoke at the Jan. 6 rally that preceded the attack, saying that “patriots ... will not let them steal this election.” Tacopina is also representing Trump in a dispute over a book written by a former prosecutor in New York.

Continues..............

Sentencing for men charged in Jan. 6 attack on officer Brian Sicknick - The Washington Post

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,401
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    DewieCox said:
    mace1229 said:

Not disagreeing and I don’t condone violence against anyone including the police, but why should violence against a cop be any less normal than blacks, Jews, Asians, etc. being treated as they are? 
  • Options
    attacking and killing unarmed poc seems to be the normal thats accepted by the broader LE community.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    DewieCox said:
    mace1229 said:

If you view the two cops being shot as a reflection of a community, how do you view the attack on the US Capitol and the police officers protecting it? As a reflection of a community?
    Yeah, I’ve never once defended the 1/6 attack.  They were idiots.
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    DewieCox said:
    mace1229 said:

Not disagreeing and I don’t condone violence against anyone including the police, but why should violence against a cop be any less normal than blacks, Jews, Asians, etc. being treated as they are? 
    It shouldn’t be. And that’s part of the point. They should all equally regarded. But the problem is you can’t defend a cop’s life (by saying blue lives matter) without someone accusing you of racism. Even though the probability of a cop being killed on duty is exponentially higher than a black person being killed by a cop. That’s what doesn’t make sense to me. It’s okay to honor one group, but not another that is at a far greater risk.
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    DewieCox said:
    mace1229 said:

Did you watch those videos? Can you show me one single example of a shooter ER killing a random innocent stranger and bystanders cheering him on?
    I didn’t get that perspective from the media. I don’t even recall the media even covering those shootings. I just remember them covering the protest at the hospital, but. It the shooting and what the witnesses were doing. It was disgusting. No where else can anyone shoot any other group and have the witnesses cheer and mock the victims. Show me one video of a mall shooting where that happened. The anti police crowd is definitely growing. I never said they are the majority of the country, but it seems worse than it used to be.
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    Just to backtrack where this is all coming from. 
    Someone commented Blue Lives Matter is just an anti-black movement. I disagreed, to me it’s simply a call to stop all the violence and a reminder of the dangers police face.
    It doesn’t matter if I’m wrong and that police violence is actually worse or not. If it was just as bad 50 years ago or it. The reality is they have a thankless and dangerous job and out their lives in the line every day. The anti cop crowd is growing so quickly that to merely just support police gets you accused of racism now.
    My dad was a deputy sheriff in LASD for 33 years. He could probably name at least 5 or 6 people, maybe more, he worked with and knew that were killed on duty. He keeps a picture of a few of them in his office. My brother worked there 20 years and decided to retire the day those 2 cops were killed. Do you know several people you’ve worked with that’s been killed on the job? Unless you're military, I doubt it.
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    Being a cop is a thankless job? 

That’s also nonsense. I can’t recall LEOs or first responders ever having more support at any other point in my life.
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    DewieCox said:
    mace1229 said:

Didn’t you at the time blame it on lingering resentment over the BLM protests? 
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    DewieCox said:
    mace1229 said:

Not lingering resentment. I think I said something along the lines as they may have felt empowered by the 2020 riots. That’s not defending them. It’s still wrong.
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    DewieCox said:
    mace1229 said:

Not lingering resentment. I think I said something along the lines as they may have felt empowered by the 2020 riots. That’s not defending them. It’s still wrong.
    Ah, didn’t defend them, but put some blame for 1/6 on the BLM riots all the same. 

Got it. 
  • Options

• Options
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    DewieCox said:
    mace1229 said:

Ah, didn’t defend them, but put some blame for 1/6 on the BLM riots all the same. 

Got it. 
    Correction: for the riots that followed the BLM protests. 
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    DewieCox said:
    mace1229 said:

Got it. 
    No, just stated an opinion that’s 2 years old now. Saying 1 group watching another group protest and feel empowered to do so doesn’t put blame on anyone. Just an opinion. Breaching the Capitol is wrong, I’ve never said otherwise. You have a great memory, I won’t remember this conversation in 2 days.
  • Options

• Options
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    DewieCox said:
    mace1229 said:

Got it. 
    No, just stated an opinion that’s 2 years old now. Saying 1 group watching another group protest and feel empowered to do so doesn’t put blame on anyone. Just an opinion. Breaching the Capitol is wrong, I’ve never said otherwise. You have a great memory, I won’t remember this conversation in 2 days.
    Cool. 
  • Options

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,158
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    Great job usa.  Those dirty  cowards  fist bumping  after beating this man to death. Shameful
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,299
    Back the blue is totally a rally call against BLM protesters! Back the blue says zero about stopping the violence.
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    What drugs was Tyre on?
    What was his criminal record? Why resist arrest?

This discussion has been closed.