Options

Police abuse

Comments

• Options
    Taylors family gets 12 million from the city.

You think they want this to go away?
    I bet they gladly throw that dirty$$ away if they could have their daughter alive again , I know I would screw the $$$ the cops need to be charged and careers ended today! 

You think they’d like to have their daughter/sister back?
    Boy, you two are just 2 peas in a fucking pod...

You think they (LOUISVILLE) wants this to go away?
    It could have been as easy as using “city” in place of “they.” In which case the answer should have been obvious, of course they do.
    My statement is written poorly and u are 100% correct.
  • Options
    I thought it was pretty obvious you meant that the city wanted it to go away. Whenever someone or something accused of something pays off the accuser, the one making the payment is the one that "wants it to go away." 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    wndowpaynewndowpayne Posts: 1,469
    I would take the money and put up billboards, start a college scholarship perhaps...Give to charities..,,,I couldnt spend a dime of it on myself knowing how I got it..
    Charlottesville 2013
    Hampton 2016

• Options
    Am I the only one that thinks it was a little person that shot those cops..really looks like a midget, if you will.
    Charlottesville 2013
    Hampton 2016

• Options
    DarthMaeglinDarthMaeglin Toronto Posts: 2,414
    Am I the only one that thinks it was a little person that shot those cops..really looks like a midget, if you will.
    My first thought was it was a child, but wasn’t sure if it was the camera angle or vertical compression of the footage.
    "The world is full of idiots and I am but one of them."

10-30-1991 Toronto, Toronto 1 & 2 2016, Toronto 2022
  • Options
    My first thought was it was a child, but wasn’t sure if it was the camera angle or vertical compression of the footage.

Not taller than the car and when running looks like their legs are 2' long at best
    Charlottesville 2013
    Hampton 2016

• Options
    DarthMaeglinDarthMaeglin Toronto Posts: 2,414

Not taller than the car and when running looks like their legs are 2' long at best
    Your suggestion probably makes better sense as it better explains the shooter’s awkward run.
    "The world is full of idiots and I am but one of them."

10-30-1991 Toronto, Toronto 1 & 2 2016, Toronto 2022
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,243

Your suggestion probably makes better sense as it better explains the shooter’s awkward run.
    I saw somewhere in a news release that the image is distorted due to it being a fish eye type camera lens.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499

Looks like they are “saggin’”
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:

Pants look below the buttocks, yes.
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    edited September 2020
    PJPOWER said:

Preparing for some prison rape.  Hopefully the wish is granted soon.
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    PJPOWER said:

PANTS ON THE GROUND
    PANTS ON THE GROUND
    YOU LOOK LIKE A FOO
    WITCH YO PANTS ON THE GROUND
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

I bet they gladly throw that dirty$$ away if they could have their daughter alive again , I know I would screw the $$$ the cops need to be charged and careers ended today! 

You think they’d like to have their daughter/sister back?
    Boy, you two are just 2 peas in a fucking pod...

You think they (LOUISVILLE) wants this to go away?
    It could have been as easy as using “city” in place of “they.” In which case the answer should have been obvious, of course they do.
    My statement is written poorly and u are 100% correct.
    Yeah I read it as you meaning the family so I agree if you meant the state duh! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,886
    PJPOWER said:

PANTS ON THE GROUND
    PANTS ON THE GROUND
    YOU LOOK LIKE A FOO
    Hugh what is that from?!  I can't place it.......was it chappelle?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095
    Ha! American Idol

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

• Options
    Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095
    Sorry for butting in, I’ve been singing that song all week and I got really excited when I seen it mentioned.

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

• Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJPOWER said:

PANTS ON THE GROUND
    PANTS ON THE GROUND
    YOU LOOK LIKE A FOO
    Hugh what is that from?!  I can't place it.......was it chappelle?
    some guy who auditioned for american idol back in the day. i hadn't heard about it (never watched that show) until there was this big deal made about brett favre singing it in the packers dressing room prior to the game to pump up the team. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    edited September 2020
    cutz said:
    a child. 
    walking away. 
    unarmed. 
    multiple shots fired. 
    SHOW ME YOUR HANDS. 
    "I don't feel good"
    SHOW ME YOUR HANDS
    SHOW ME YOUR HANDS
    "tell my mom i love her"
    Post edited by HughFreakingDillon on
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,824
    An unarmed WHITE* 13-year-old autistic boy.  This is a prime example of how we overuse armed cops.  “Maybe just send a social worker.”  Actually, yeah.

*yeah it matters.  Not sure how.  Maybe it wakes some people up...or maybe it leads them to say “see it’s not race.”
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    That's just terrible. I can't fathom what threat the officer could claim he saw to justify using his gun. Now we don't know the whole story from this video. But let's say, hypothetically, that the mother said the kid had a knife and that's why she needed help. Well ya still don't have to shoot him. Pepper spray or a taser, both of which can stop someone in their tracks, would work just fine. Just crazy. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    OnWis97 said:
    An unarmed WHITE* 13-year-old autistic boy.  This is a prime example of how we overuse armed cops.  “Maybe just send a social worker.”  Actually, yeah.

*yeah it matters.  Not sure how.  Maybe it wakes some people up...or maybe it leads them to say “see it’s not race.”
    this is exactly what it will lead them to say. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,160
    Breonna Taylor officers update. only one charged, and it is of a lesser crime. wtf.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    wanton endangerment? wtf indeed. that's disgusting. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,160
    wanton endangerment? wtf indeed. that's disgusting. 
    not even charged in her death. $15,000 cash bond. 

unbelievable.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,013
    edited September 2020
    I haven't read up on this case too closely, but it always seemed more like bad procedures than murder or manslaughter charges. Wasn't it a no-knock warrant, and the guy inside thought someone was breaking in and fired a gun so the cops returned fire? The warrant was questionable. Seems like a strong case for no-knock warrants, but I can't blame a cop for returning fire. Not surprised there wasn't more charges. Except for maybe the cop that shot from outside the house, but he may have had the lesser charge, not sure what wonton endangerment is.
    Post edited by mace1229 on
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,243
    There was no chance of homicide being charged. Wanton endangerment fits the most based on the circumstances. Unfortunately fucking up so bad that you shoot and kill people as a cop rarely will ever be charged as murder unless you can prove intention. These are the rules we've agreed to as a society when we let police officers carry a gun and determine a threat based on perceived actions of another individual, whether armed or not. The only way this will ever end is if gun reform happens and in turn police reform that severely limits the ability to use a firearm. These cops are people and they fuck up as people are prone to do. There's no way to know how most cops will ultimately act when placed in highly intense, emotionally charged situations. It's definitely fight or flight and when you are already armed, it's usually fight. 
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    mace1229 said:
    I haven't read up on this case too closely, but it always seemed more like bad procedures than murder or manslaughter charges. Wasn't it a no-knock warrant, and the guy inside thought someone was breaking in and fired a gun so the cops returned fire? The warrant was questionable. Seems like a strong case for no-knock warrants, but I can't blame a cop for returning fire. Not surprised there wasn't more charges. 
    one of the officers fired 10 times through a patio door that was covered by curtains. he was the one charged with wanton endangerment. 

the cops are also probably lying. they claim they yelled several times while banging on the door identifying themselves, even though it was a no knock warrant. her neighbour and several witnesses all said there was no yelling by police, only banging and then forced entry and then gunfire. 

in a country that allows people to stand their ground, no knock warrants should be illegal. it's just encouraging a fatal gun fight. 

it was bad intel. the guy they suspected of running the drugs hadn't dated her in months. 

i'm on the fence about this now that i've read more facts about it. you're right in that, if the cops were merely returning fire, they had justification and they were merely following bad instruction/intel. 

who gets charged? who presented the bad intel to the judge to get the warrant?
    Post edited by HughFreakingDillon on
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,013
    I would imagine there will be changes that involve restrictions on no knock warrants, and video of all warrants. Really no reason to not have video, if not body cameras you could easily have 1 officer video with a phone, because isn't there some dispute about making an announcement when breaking in?
This discussion has been closed.