Options

Police abuse

Comments

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    i understand the dangers of a guy with a weapon, but i thought cops weren't supposed to shoot until it's pointed at them or being fired upon? they straight up shot the guy running away in the fucking back. wtf?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Good ole Google suppressing search results. Bing and Yahoo have "criminal record" as a top suggestion when you type in "Jacob Blake." But Google doesn't, and doesn't even show it if you begin to type in "Jacob Blake Cr...." 

2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    edited September 2020
    DewieCox said:
    That cop should not have kicked that guy in the back.  That is NEVER warranted.

The comment about handcuffing someone as "Shackling" is race baiting.  Good job.
    Handcuffs are used on your wrists to control your hands and arms. Shackles are used on your ankles to control your feet and legs. He was shackled at his ankle on legs and feet that are paralyzed. Nice reminder to him and his family of times of yore. Have you heard the sheriff of Kenosha speak to warehousing blacks and preventing them from having kids? Nice race baiting. Oh, he was comatose too and a real flight risk and threat.
    Is it SOP to shackle someone in a bed  connected to a bunch of machines by way of upper body. I can understand why the staff would want to keep that area free while still following the protocol for a flight risk. 

Someone in a coma and paralyzed from the waist down is not a flight risk, never mind having had their colon removed and suffering from liver and kidney damage.
    It’s my understanding that when the warrant for his arrest was lifted, the cuffs were removed. I think it’s kinda silly but it sounds like they were simply following protocol. 
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,824
    Smellyman said:
    Yikes.  If true......Not surprising.

Whistleblower: California Deputy Killed Teen to Join Department’s “Gang”

Los Angeles – The deputy who shot and killed 18-year-old Andres Guardado outside a car shop in Gardena was a prospective member of a violent clique inside the Compton Sheriff’s station, according to the sworn testimony of a whistleblower.

Miguel Vega’s attorney did not respond to a request for comment but the law firm working with Guardado’s family, Panish Shea and Boyle LLP, confirmed they are looking into the allegations.

Americans who support this (and many do) will paint this as untrue. Nothing to see here. #backtheblue
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,611
    edited September 2020
    Seems Team trump Treason is abusing the police with his total and complete mishandling of the covid response. Buh, buh, buh, ANTEEEEEEEEEEFA!

In a speech this week in Pittsburgh, Joe Biden linked the Trump administration’s mismanagement of the coronavirus to its handling of protests and riots with a surprising statistic: “More cops have died from covid this year than have been killed on patrol,” he said.

The Democratic presidential nominee’s claim is true, according to data compiled by the Officer Down Memorial Page and the National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund, two nonprofits that have tracked law enforcement fatalities for decades.

As of Sept. 2, on-the-job coronavirus infections were responsible for a least 100 officer deaths, more than gun violence, car accidents and all other causes combined, according to the Officer Down group. NLEOMF reported a nearly identical number of covid-related law enforcement deaths.

NLEOMF reported a nearly identical number of covid-related law enforcement deaths. It also noted that fatalities due to non-covid causes are actually down year-over-year, undermining President Trump’s claims that “law enforcement has become the target of a dangerous assault by the radical left.”

Both organizations only count covid deaths “if it is determined that the officer died as a result of exposure to the virus while performing official duties,” as the National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund put it. “Substantive evidence will be required to show the death was more than likely due to the direct and proximate result of a duty-related incident.”

In addition to the 100 confirmed coronavirus fatalities listed on the Officer Down website, the nonprofit said it is in the process of verifying an additional 150 officer deaths due to covid-19 and presumed to have been contracted in the line of duty, said Chris Cosgriff, executive director of ODMP, in an email.

“By the end of this pandemic, it is very likely that COVID will surpass 9/11 as the single largest incident cause of death for law enforcement officers,” he wrote. Seventy-one officers were killed in the attacks on the twin towers, one officer was killed on United Flight 93, and more than 300 have passed away since then as a result of cancer contracted in the wake of the attacks, according to ODMP.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2020/09/02/coronavirus-deaths-police-officers-2020/?hpid=hp_hp-banner-low_covid-police-145pm%3Ahomepage%2Fstory-ans

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,014
    Good ole Google suppressing search results. Bing and Yahoo have "criminal record" as a top suggestion when you type in "Jacob Blake." But Google doesn't, and doesn't even show it if you begin to type in "Jacob Blake Cr...." 

That's actually kind of funny. I always wanted to see that Jacob Blake Crump video.
  • Options
    DewieCox said:
    DewieCox said:
    That cop should not have kicked that guy in the back.  That is NEVER warranted.

The comment about handcuffing someone as "Shackling" is race baiting.  Good job.
    Handcuffs are used on your wrists to control your hands and arms. Shackles are used on your ankles to control your feet and legs. He was shackled at his ankle on legs and feet that are paralyzed. Nice reminder to him and his family of times of yore. Have you heard the sheriff of Kenosha speak to warehousing blacks and preventing them from having kids? Nice race baiting. Oh, he was comatose too and a real flight risk and threat.
    Is it SOP to shackle someone in a bed  connected to a bunch of machines by way of upper body. I can understand why the staff would want to keep that area free while still following the protocol for a flight risk. 

Someone in a coma and paralyzed from the waist down is not a flight risk, never mind having had their colon removed and suffering from liver and kidney damage.
    It’s my understanding that when the warrant for his arrest was lifted, the cuffs were removed. I think it’s kinda silly but it sounds like they were simply following protocol. 
    From what I read it was when he posted bail they removed the cuffs. 
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,550
    And another......

Police put hood on Black man killed by asphyxiation https://news.yahoo.com/video-police-put-hood-black-231021242.html
  • Options

You might be surprised as to how many high profile black individuals report still being regularly stopped and hassled by police. I’m seeing stories about this regularly in the media lately. Being wealthy and even relatively famous doesn’t mean this stops. 

I can’t remember who it was but recently a Black musician posted a story about how often he is stopped when he’s out in his expensive sports car and the general disbelief of the police that he is actually the legal owner. 
    Often, I get it and I read it too and that is part of the point though.  Being pulled over and profiled is different to me than being hunted down and killed but if it is done a certain way then I can see it that way.

I'm thinking about this more and empathizing.

I think that if I were being repeatedly stopped by police when I was doing nothing wrong, simply because they assumed I was a thief or worse because of the colour of my skin, I might start to feel hunted. And each time I was stopped by police I’m sure there would be massive anxiety - what if this is the one? What if this cop is the guy who misinterprets me reaching for my ID as reaching for a gun, what if this is the time that he barks contradictory orders and then decides I’m not complying? What if this is the time the cop shoots? Then I would definitely feel hunted. 
    @oftenreading I took your advice and decided to talk to one of my buddies about this.  I literally had no idea what POC go through when they are pulled over.

We had a long and deep conversation about a few things.  He thanked me after for asking the questions I did and I want to thank you also for challenging me.

I appreciate you letting me (us) know, but much more I appreciate that you had the conversation you had, even though it meant leaving the comfort zone. 
    Talking to more of my friends and there are more that aren't afraid than who are.  

I'm still taken aback from the first conversation but am glad to see that not everyone feels like that.
  • Options
    https://apple.news/ADD1WJAglQBGj4Jwk5u8srw
    So retraining maybe is the answer to these types of shootings!
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    Should have complied!!

Kid has nobody to blame but himself.
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,824
    dignin said:
    Should have complied!!

Kid has nobody to blame but himself.
    I wonder how long it would take me on Facebook and Twitter to find this statement made nu-sarcastically. 

1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    Neighboring county, Facebook post from the victims cousin.

PLEASE READ AND SHARE! 
    I still can’t believe I’m writing this, but here goes. Several years ago my aunt made the brave decision to leave her home city of Chicago. She worried that her young son Kyle would possibly fall prey to gun violence. Once they moved out of the city, for several years things were good. Kyle was safe and well adjusted. 

Then recently, their family made the decision to move to Olney, Illinois. Olney, Illinois is a small town in Southern Illinois. It is predominantly Caucasian and from the the day they moved there, they experienced extreme amounts of racism. One of only a few families of color, their family was often bullied by police, neighbors, and even their landlord. It became so intolerable, that they feared they would have to leave Olney and move to a place more diverse. There were fears that Kyle may be targeted by police or towns people in an act of violence. Unfortunately, yesterday morning, those fears were realized. 

Here is the story: while on a break with his longterm girlfriend, Kyle had a friendship with a young woman named Kaila Arnone. Kaila wanted a dating relationship and Kyle did not. At the same time that Kaila was pursuing a relationship with Kyle, she was dating a young man named Ricky Meador. Ricky confronted Kaila about her relationship with Kyle. Around the same time, Kyle ended his friendship with Kaila. Embarrassed that Kyle didn’t want to date her and caught in her lies with Ricky,  Kaila cried rape. As a result, Kaila and Ricky conspired to lure Kyle off and kill him. This is exactly what they did in the early hours of September 6, 2020. Though Kaila and Ricky are both Caucasian, we don’t “believe” that the shooting itself was racially motivated. However, we are concerned that the murder is being undermined by the Olney Police Department because Kyle is Black. 

Kaila and Ricky have currently not been arrested. The police believe they are in a neighboring town of Mt. Vernon, Illinois. But they have yet to be apprehended. As of now, the city of Olney has not mentioned Kyle’s murder on any of their news sites. There has not been an announcement of “be on the lookout” for Kaila or Ricky. 

Right now the city is treating the crime as though it does not exist.  Due to the racism they have encountered by the police department our family is very concerned that the police will not effectively manage the case and that Kaila and Ricky will not be properly prosecuted and sentenced. Currently, Kaila is cruelly taunting our family by putting laughing emojis under RIP Kyle posts. If she is able to do this, we want to understand why her phone can’t be tracked and she can’t be arrested? 

I know that in the media, black victims are often blamed for their own experiences with violence; so with that said, I’d like to put several things in perspective. Kyle had a full time job, with the exception of a short break he had a steady relationship, and was NOT affiliated with gangs. By all accounts he was a normal nineteen year old who was simply living life and finding his place in the world. He was light hearted and funny and a talented musician. Right now, the loss is inconceivable.  Our family has never lost anyone to gun violence, so navigating through this is unbelievably painful. He is the youngest of four siblings and the only boy. The term “devastated” cannot begin to describe the pain our family is feeling. 

We are not trying to make this into a “all white people are evil campaign.” In fact a few people who are not POC have stood up and vouched for Kyle’s character. We deeply appreciate it! However, Please understand that racism is alive and well. This experience has me questioning so many things, such as: where is it safe to be a black man? Where is it safe to have a black family? Where is help when black people are victimized? Where is it safe to be black? Right now, our family just wants answers. 

If you know me or like me or if you’re simply sick of hearing about stories of racial injustice PLEASE SHARE THIS POST. I’m hoping that through gaining enough exposure that the city of Olney will not simply write this case off and will investigate it until Kyle receives justice. We are also hoping that if anyone has connections to a great attorney who can help us navigate though this process (hopefully at a reasonable rate or even pro bono) we would deeply appreciate it! 

To my aunt Kisha, cousins Kenya, Kamari, and Kayla my heart is broken and I grieve with you. Come hell or high water we will rally around you and pursue answers until Kaila and Ricky are brought to justice. 

Kyle, I love you baby cousin. Rest In Peace.

Maybe this can turn some heads in this area but I doubt it. I look around and think about neighbors and people I come across and think that most of them are good people but being so close shakes me to the core. 

• Options
    Not sure when this post was made, but I searched Ricky's name and the first hit was a look out BOLO from the local news on 9/7, a day after the shooting. Seems only he is on the arrest warrant and not the girl, so may be why they haven't tracked her phone? But at least there was some coverage.

https://www.mywabashvalley.com/top-news/suspect-sought-in-olney-homicide-investigation/#:~:text=An arrest warrant was issued for Rick A.,area hospital where he succumbed to his injuries.

Unfortunately I know the feeling of police not wanting to get involved when it seems like a slam dunk. My adopted nephew, who is black in South Carolina, was shot and killed by his girlfriend 2 years ago. Her defense was she didn't know him and he broke into her house. Despite multiple pictures of the 2 of them together in the house, and friends saying they had been a couple for a long time, they still bought her story and moved on pretty quickly. No signs of a struggle or a fight. We're pretty sure he broke up with her and she couldn't take it.
  • Options
    Word is no effort on the local level. It’s pretty big time for this area so inderstanable
    they’d call the big boys in but Richland county is a known Klan center in the area.
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    nicknyr15 said:
    Inexcusable.  I think the article is a bit misleading though.  My understanding from several other sources was that it was a handful of people rather than an inundation of protestors.   I’ll keep checking and look for a video.  Pretty pathetic that anyone was there wishing death on other people.
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,790
    static111 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Inexcusable.  I think the article is a bit misleading though.  My understanding from several other sources was that it was a handful of people rather than an inundation of protestors.   I’ll keep checking and look for a video.  Pretty pathetic that anyone was there wishing death on other people.
    I agree. CNN, Wapo, Post etc always amp up articles towards their political beliefs. But like you said, even just a handful of people doing this is absolutely disgusting. 
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    edited September 2020
    nicknyr15 said:
    The footage of the shooting itself makes me sick. Just sitting in their car outside of the precinct. One of the officers (both were shot in the head/face) is only 24.

It’s been all over the news here since last night. 
    Post edited by hedonist on
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    static111 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    I agree. CNN, Wapo, Post etc always amp up articles towards their political beliefs. But like you said, even just a handful of people doing this is absolutely disgusting. 
    They even wanted to get into the hospital while the officers were being treated, and harassed the police that kept them out. Just outrageous. 

2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    nicknyr15 said:
    static111 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    They even wanted to get into the hospital while the officers were being treated, and harassed the police that kept them out. Just outrageous. 

Terrible people but it looks like the news and various independent journalists are trying to make a mountain out A handful of “protesters”
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    edited September 2020
    nicknyr15 said:
    static111 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

Who are these pathetic deplorable little fuckers that would do this?  “Animals that need to be hit hard” is correct here.  Maybe they can be the new lab rats for the next vaccine trials?
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    PJPOWER said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    static111 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

Who are these pathetic deplorable little fuckers that would do this?  “Animals that need to be hit hard” is correct here.  Maybe they can be the new lab rats for the next vaccine trials?
    Don't let yourself sink to their level, or you're no better than them ;)
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    hedonist said:
    PJPOWER said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    static111 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

Don't let yourself sink to their level, or you're no better than them ;)
    Lives matter to me, so I would never sink to that level.  Well, actually I’ll make an exception, the life of the person that did this doesn’t matter.  Fuck him (or her), they deserve to rot.
  • Options
    The woman was a new mother just returning from maternity leave, shot in the jaw and will need reconstructive surgery. The man was shot twice in the head. Both were also shot multiple times in the arms, shoulder, hands.
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    mace1229 said:
    The woman was a new mother just returning from maternity leave, shot in the jaw and will need reconstructive surgery. The man was shot twice in the head. Both were also shot multiple times in the arms, shoulder, hands.
    I hope they fully recover and I hope the shooter is brought to justice.  
    The assholes that were trying to prevent them from getting treatment are just as disgusting as the shooter.  I’d rather be with animals.
  • Options
    static111 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    static111 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

Terrible people but it looks like the news and various independent journalists are trying to make a mountain out A handful of “protesters”
    No “buts” necessary for these pieces of shit. They’ve got an army’s worth of hate fuel on fill
    display. Just disgusting idiocy. 
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:
    mace1229 said:
    The assholes that were trying to prevent them from getting treatment are just as disgusting as the shooter.  I’d rather be with animals.
    They should be arrested and charged with aiding in attempted murder if they tried to prevent life safe saving medical treatment.
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mace1229 said:
    They should be arrested and charged with aiding in attempted murder if they tried to prevent life safe saving medical treatment.
    I concur.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,889
    mace1229 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mace1229 said:
    Agree 100%. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
This discussion has been closed.