Options

Police abuse

Comments

• Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    mace1229 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mace1229 said:
    The woman was a new mother just returning from maternity leave, shot in the jaw and will need reconstructive surgery. The man was shot twice in the head. Both were also shot multiple times in the arms, shoulder, hands.
    I hope they fully recover and I hope the shooter is brought to justice.  
    The assholes that were trying to prevent them from getting treatment are just as disgusting as the shooter.  I’d rather be with animals.
    They should be arrested and charged with aiding in attempted murder if they tried to prevent life safe saving medical treatment.

mace1229 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mace1229 said:
    The woman was a new mother just returning from maternity leave, shot in the jaw and will need reconstructive surgery. The man was shot twice in the head. Both were also shot multiple times in the arms, shoulder, hands.
    The assholes that were trying to prevent them from getting treatment are just as disgusting as the shooter.  I’d rather be with animals.
    They should be arrested and charged with aiding in attempted murder if they tried to prevent life safe saving medical treatment.
    Has this been independently verified? Did they actually attempt to prevent life saving treatment?
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,993
    static111 said:
    mace1229 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mace1229 said:

mace1229 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mace1229 said:
    Has this been independently verified? Did they actually attempt to prevent life saving treatment?
    Well when 2 people are shot in the head and they are blocking the entrance to the ER, wouldnt you call it that? I would
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,840
    static111 said:
    mace1229 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mace1229 said:

mace1229 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mace1229 said:
    They attempted to block an ambulance, this has to be the lowest of low.  Complete pos.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    static111 said:
    mace1229 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mace1229 said:

mace1229 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mace1229 said:
    Well when 2 people are shot in the head and they are blocking the entrance to the ER, wouldnt you call it that? I would
    mcgruff10 said:
    static111 said:
    mace1229 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mace1229 said:

mace1229 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mace1229 said:
    They attempted to block an ambulance, this has to be the lowest of low.  Complete pos.  
    According to whom?  Also how could they have got to the hospital to block the ambulances carrying the officers before the officers got there?  I understand that several people showed up after the officers were already there and began shouting nasty stuff.  It is only the word of the lapd at this point that anyone was blocking anything no?
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    static111 said:
    mace1229 said:
    static111 said:
    mace1229 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mace1229 said:

mace1229 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mace1229 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    static111 said:
    mace1229 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mace1229 said:

mace1229 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mace1229 said:
    According to whom?  Also how could they have got to the hospital to block the ambulances carrying the officers before the officers got there?  I understand that several people showed up after the officers were already there and began shouting nasty stuff.  It is only the word of the lapd at this point that anyone was blocking anything no?
    BBC news: https://apple.news/AFfmlxdORRpqv9auKOQhRVw

• Options
    static111 said:
    mace1229 said:
    static111 said:
    mace1229 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mace1229 said:

mace1229 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mace1229 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    static111 said:
    mace1229 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mace1229 said:

mace1229 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mace1229 said:
    I’ve seen multiple news outlets report this, I linked one earlier.
    I guess they could have blocked the entrance and exit after they arrived, but they were still trying to break into the ER and disrupt the life saving treatment even. I mean, do you think they were trying to break in and chanting death to the cops so they could offer prays and drop off flowers?
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    static111 said:
    mace1229 said:
    static111 said:
    mace1229 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mace1229 said:

mace1229 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mace1229 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    static111 said:
    mace1229 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mace1229 said:

mace1229 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mace1229 said:
    I guess they could have blocked the entrance and exit after they arrived, but they were still trying to break into the ER and disrupt the life saving treatment even. I mean, do you think they were trying to break in and chanting death to the cops so they could offer prays and drop off flowers?
    You are wrong. The left is not capable of this.  They are 93% peaceful.   ;)

• Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    mace1229 said:
    static111 said:
    mace1229 said:
    static111 said:
    mace1229 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mace1229 said:

mace1229 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mace1229 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    static111 said:
    mace1229 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mace1229 said:

mace1229 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mace1229 said:

Yeah, and 99.9% of the audience didn’t shoot at Kennedy’s motorcade either.
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mace1229 said:
    static111 said:
    mace1229 said:
    static111 said:
    mace1229 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mace1229 said:

mace1229 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mace1229 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    static111 said:
    mace1229 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mace1229 said:

mace1229 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mace1229 said:

Just like 99.99 % of gun owners are responsible. 
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    static111 said:
    mace1229 said:
    static111 said:
    mace1229 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mace1229 said:

mace1229 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mace1229 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    static111 said:
    mace1229 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mace1229 said:

mace1229 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mace1229 said:
    BBC news: https://apple.news/AFfmlxdORRpqv9auKOQhRVw

Thanks.  So they were blocking the ER entrance after the police were already there. That is odd what does that even accomplish besides interfering with someone else that may have to get in for treatment? That’s just stupid. Of course we’ve seen a lot of stupid this year.
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    mace1229 said:
    static111 said:
    mace1229 said:
    static111 said:
    mace1229 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mace1229 said:

mace1229 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mace1229 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    static111 said:
    mace1229 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mace1229 said:

mace1229 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mace1229 said:
    I haven’t seen any reports that said they were trying to break into the hospital.  I’ve looked but to no avail.  So far the best report I’ve seen was the one McGruff just shared.
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    Looking forward to seeing the video from Josie Huang of NPR to see what she captured at the ER
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    https://apple.news/Aoqaq3EPrTZy-RH_BhcKTvg This article is in reference to Huang’s arrest.
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    These were the first 2 search results for “LA police shooting ER”
    both mention people trying to break into the hospital.
    These were just the top 2 results. Lots more on it.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/6abc.com/amp/la-deputies-shot-los-angeles-shooting-compton-ambush/6421087/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/abc7.com/amp/lasd-sheriffs-deputy-shot-deputy-involved-shooting-compton-blue-line-metro/6420532/

• Options
    Here is Huang’s account of her arrest with footage of the “protestors” Maybe 4-6 people total. 

Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    mace1229 said:
    These were the first 2 search results for “LA police shooting ER”
    both mention people trying to break into the hospital.
    These were just the top 2 results. Lots more on it.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/6abc.com/amp/la-deputies-shot-los-angeles-shooting-compton-ambush/6421087/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/abc7.com/amp/lasd-sheriffs-deputy-shot-deputy-involved-shooting-compton-blue-line-metro/6420532/

Thanks.  This is disturbing for sure. Even if it was only a handful of people as seen in Huang’s video it’s still abhorrent to go to the hospital and act like this.
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mace1229 said:
    static111 said:
    mace1229 said:
    static111 said:
    mace1229 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mace1229 said:

mace1229 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mace1229 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    static111 said:
    mace1229 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mace1229 said:

mace1229 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mace1229 said:

Yea, fucking right. Link?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mace1229 said:
    static111 said:
    mace1229 said:
    static111 said:
    mace1229 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mace1229 said:

mace1229 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mace1229 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    static111 said:
    mace1229 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mace1229 said:

mace1229 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mace1229 said:

Just do the math.  Not that hard to figure out.  
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mace1229 said:
    static111 said:
    mace1229 said:
    static111 said:
    mace1229 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mace1229 said:

mace1229 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mace1229 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    static111 said:
    mace1229 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mace1229 said:

mace1229 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mace1229 said:

You made the claim, back it up with fuzzy math.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
  • Options
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    mace1229 said:
    static111 said:
    mace1229 said:
    static111 said:
    mace1229 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mace1229 said:

mace1229 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mace1229 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    static111 said:
    mace1229 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mace1229 said:

mace1229 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mace1229 said:

Where’s our resident NY poster to decry just stop with the antagonistic whatever, maybe sit this one out?

PS: whole lotta drooling going on.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412

mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mace1229 said:
    static111 said:
    mace1229 said:
    static111 said:
    mace1229 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mace1229 said:

mace1229 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mace1229 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    static111 said:
    mace1229 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mace1229 said:

mace1229 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mace1229 said:

What level of irresponsibility voids “responsible”? Living smack dab in the middle of 2A country and I know 2 dudes that pro 2A-ers would call “responsible gun owners”. One has put an AR15 through his in laws house because he didn’t know rifle rounds need a pretty vertical wall to stop random deflections and another that conceal carries with a chambered round at all times. Not to say these are bad guys, but they’re cementing my belief that gun owners don’t want to give real legal credence to the term “responsible gun owner” because a lot are way less responsible than they would have others believe. 
  • Options
    https://twitter.com/josie_huang/status/1305261859155505153?s=21 All the protestors...4-5  people 100ft from the building, but sure let’s all just run with the inflammatory LAPD tweet
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,216
    static111 said:
    https://twitter.com/josie_huang/status/1305261859155505153?s=21 All the protestors...4-5  people 100ft from the building, but sure let’s all just run with the inflammatory LAPD tweet
    It's just those looking to mock peaceful protesters and make it sound like law enforcement is the victim in all of this. The shooting was horrific and disgusting, but the way certain people on this board rally around these types of incidents to mock protesters seems eerily similar to people at Trump rallies holding "peaceful protesters" signs. The rhetoric runs deep and is working. 
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,216
    She clearly had her massive press ID around her neck the entire time. You can see it when they are rolling her over after 5 deputies pinned her to the ground and one is seen collapsing his extended baton. I wonder how far away she was. She indicates she had her zoom lens on.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    tbergs said:
    static111 said:
    It's just those looking to mock peaceful protesters and make it sound like law enforcement is the victim in all of this. The shooting was horrific and disgusting, but the way certain people on this board rally around these types of incidents to mock protesters seems eerily similar to people at Trump rallies holding "peaceful protesters" signs. The rhetoric runs deep and is working. 
    Yeah coming up to anyone unaware and shooting them is despicable. The way that some come out as if questioning the police and the official story in anyway is supporting violence is pretty incomprehensible.  
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    Meanwhile, it continues.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/09/14/rockerick-walker-clayton-georgia-video/

Roderick Walker’s legs flailed as a Clayton County, Ga., sheriff deputy, who had pulled over the car he was riding in for a broken taillight, pinned him down on the street on Friday. While the officer leaned his full body weight onto Walker, who is Black, a second officer repeatedly punched his head.

“Get off him!” Walker’s girlfriend screamed, in a video of the violent arrest shot by a bystander.

When the officers, both of whom are White, finally stood up, Walker was unconscious, his face bloodied and swollen as the deputies flipped him over and put his wrists in cuffs.

On Sunday, the Clayton County sheriff fired the officer seen punching Walker, 26, “for excessive use of force.” Walker, who was charged with battery and obstructing officers, remains in custody, with the sheriff’s office saying he can’t be released due to a felony probation warrant from another county.

But Shean Williams, his attorney, noted he wasn’t “detained or arrested for being on probation or having an open case in another county.”

“Roderick Walker is in jail solely because he was illegally arrested after being assaulted by Clayton County Sheriff deputies, not because of anything he did during that incident or in the past,” he said. “Mr. Walker would not be in jail if it were not for this unlawful arrest that violated his legal and constitutional rights.”

Walker’s case is the latest civil rights flash point in Georgia. In late February, Ahmaud Arbery was fatally shot while running in Brunswick, Ga., and it took 74 days for authorities to arrest the suspects. The state has been racked with protests after George Floyd’s death in May, and again when Rayshard Brooks was shot and killed by Atlanta police officers in June.

Walker’s altercation with police started with a traffic stop. Walker and his girlfriend, Juanita Davis, had dropped off a rental car Friday and found someone to drive them, their 5-month old child, and Walker’s stepson home for a small fee, his lawyer said.

A sheriff’s deputy, who was in an unmarked car, pulled them over and asked for Walker’s identification. When he questioned why, since he was a passenger, the officers ordered him to exit the car, Williams said. Soon more deputies arrived at the scene.

Moments later Walker was on the ground with one officer pinning him down as the other punched him. He became unconscious at least twice during the struggle, according to Williams. Bystanders, including Davis, began recording the altercation and videos soon circulated online.

In video of the incident, one officer accuses Walker of biting his hand — a claim Williams denied. The officers arrested Walker and brought him to the Clayton County Jail.

“Roderick was doing nothing wrong,” Williams said in a news conference Saturday outside the county jail. “How does a taillight being broke end up with a man being beaten, in the way he was beaten, in a chokehold, almost dying?”

On Saturday, Clayton County Sheriff Victor Hill suspended the officer who punched Walker and ordered an internal investigation. On Sunday, the sheriff fired the officer. In a statement, the sheriff’s office said the Clayton County District Attorney’s office would take over a criminal investigation.

The Sheriff’s office also said Walker couldn’t be released on bond because he “has a felony probation warrant out of Fulton County for Cruelty to Children, Possession of a Firearm by a Convicted Felon, and a Failure to Appear warrant out of Hapeville.”

But at a rally on Sunday outside the county jail, Williams argued Walker never should have been arrested in the first place, saying deputies “lied and falsified a warrant for his arrest.”

The Georgia NAACP also urged the district attorney’s office to dismiss the charges against Walker and called for an independent investigation from the Georgia Bureau of Investigations.

“This issue is not just about Roderick Walker,” Williams said on Saturday. “This issue that we’re here about tonight, is something that unfortunately has come upon too many members of our community and Black members of our families.”

Williams added the news conference could have been like many others this summer, mourning the death of someone killed by police. “We have seen this happen [with] George Floyd, we’ve seen it happen on too many occasions and we are tired of it,” Williams said.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    mace1229 said:

Where’s our resident NY poster to decry just stop with the antagonistic whatever, maybe sit this one out?

Which NY'er are you referring to?
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,711
    edited September 2020
    mcgruff10 said:
    mace1229 said:

Which NY'er are you referring to?
    Me. He clings on to things people say then repeats them for a few days. Hes just repeating back what I said to him a few posts ago. 
    Post edited by nicknyr15 on
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    lol. a few days? I'll take the over on that one, bookie. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

This discussion has been closed.