Options

Police abuse

Comments

• Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    I pulled that pic right off of his FB.  He was even commenting on it.  A few of his buddies were telling him to "hang in there" 
    Well there ya have it. Typical.
    Yes, VERY TYPICAL  for around here,   Nice try thou....
    How I pine for the good ol days of bumpy rides and less questions, huh?
    Why do you pine for bumpy rides?  What does that even mean?  Why would you want less questions about this very unfortunate and sad  incident?  

It was a sarcastic imitation of you.
    A "bumpy ride" "rough ride" "joy ride" "nickel ride" is an old cop "joke" expression that describes a common practice of driving erratically with a handcuffed but unbuckled suspect so that they get bashed around on the way to the precinct.  The police were then able to injure suspects as punishment and claim it as unintentional.  It has resulted in unknown numbers of broken bones, paralysis, and death.  Freddie Gray died this way in Baltimore a few years ago, how did you miss that?  
    Most departments now have rules regarding proper restraint of suspects in transit after tens of millions of dollars had to be paid out when police were finally caught.  
    We used to have an openly racist Chicago cop here on the boards and he was known to make "jokes" about giving suspects a bumpy ride.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,730
    I pulled that pic right off of his FB.  He was even commenting on it.  A few of his buddies were telling him to "hang in there" 
    Well there ya have it. Typical.
    Yes, VERY TYPICAL  for around here,   Nice try thou....
    Nice try at what? Thinking that it’s typical that the cop that held his knee on the back of a black dude’s neck until he died would wear a “Make Whites Great Again” hat? Yeah, I do think that’s typical. Sorry if it gives you and the rest of the MAGA crowd a bad look.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    ParksyParksy Posts: 1,678
    rgambs said:
    This is from the cop's facebook page....he doesn't even hide it

Are we sure this is real?  Usually cops attempt to hide this stuff, to see it in the open makes me suspicious.
    I know a bit about cops and a bit about people in general. 

I read about that Arbery situation in Georgia. And recently it was determined that the suspects in his killing had contacted police about break ins in the area and according to a report, a police officer that took the report TOLD the suspects to contact a retired cop (McMichael) who lives in the area if they see anything suspicious.  McMichael and his son were the ones who ended up shooting Arbery.

Now... I know what cops SHOULD do.  And in this case, the cop should have NEVER NEVER NEVER told the guy to contact McMcihael who lives in the neighbourhood. When I read that it absolutely shocked me but it also showed me that the way police SHOULD act, isn't necessarily the way they DO act. 
    Toronto 2000
    Buffalo, Phoenix, Toronto 2003
    Boston I&II 2004
    Kitchener, Hamilton, London, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2005
    Toronto I&II, Las Vegas 2006
    Chicago Lollapalooza 2007
    Toronto, Seattle I&II, Vancouver, Philly I,II,III,IV 2009
    Cleveland, Buffalo 2010
    Toronto I&II 2011
    Buffalo 2013
    Toronto I&II 2016
    10C: 220xxx
  • Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,793
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,984
    edited May 2020
    tbergs said:
    I pulled that pic right off of his FB.  He was even commenting on it.  A few of his buddies were telling him to "hang in there" and shit.

Now I can't seem to find his FB page.  I'm guessing his attorney must have told him to take it down.
    Could it have been a fake account created by someone else to stir shit up even more and then it got pulled down? If it's true, what a pile of shit, but it seems to be unconfirmed at this time.

Fucking social media, continues to be a cesspool of either completely made up shit or completely exaggerated shit people try to sell as their true self/life.
    I don't think so....it had a lot of history to it and a lot of "friends"

But yes...it does not seem to be him in the picture but very odd that he posted it himself.

There were quite a few people posting that he was going to prison, etc. so it was open for comments to a certain point.  When I did the screen shot it would not let me comment so he must have turned off comments for it and then took down his FB completely.
    Post edited by Gern Blansten on
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,793
    They said it was for the black man,
    They said it was for the mexican
    And not for the white man
    But if you look at the streets
    It wasn't about George Floyd
    It's bout this fucked up situation and these fucked up police
    It's about coming up
    And staying on top
    And screamin' 187 on a mother fuckin' cop

https://youtu.be/4ttchToDa7Y

WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,053
    This is from the cop's facebook page....he doesn't even hide it

Well then, there goes my difference of opinion now.

Arrest them.
  • Options
    CM189191 said:
    It's about coming up
    And staying on top

I don't condone killing cops ever so I never did like that 187 line...  Also If you were in LA during the actual riots you weren't in the thick of it because you would have been Reginald Dennied for being white so another line form that song besides the wrong date that I wondered if it was embellished or he was out in the desert committing crimes?
  • Options
    CM189191 said:
    It's about coming up
    And staying on top

I don't condone killing cops ever so I never did like that 187 line...  Also If you were in LA during the actual riots you weren't in the thick of it because you would have been Reginald Dennied for being white so another line form that song besides the wrong date that I wondered if it was embellished or he was out in the desert committing crimes?
    I'm not sure he meant "kill cops" as opposed to "that cop killed someone." 
    Toronto 2000
    Boston I&II 2004
    Cleveland, Buffalo 2010
    Toronto I&II 2011
    Buffalo 2013
    Toronto I&II 2016
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,555
    edited May 2020
    There is a racist piece of shit in the white house supported by too damn many "american" racist pieces of shit.
    So the racist cops feel safe and secure in their overt racism and abuse.

When you support a racist in any way shape or form, including voting, that makes you a racist as well 
  • Options
    mlcoon23mlcoon23 Posts: 27
    So my daughter asked me this today. “If there is a break in do I call the police, and if so should I tell them two of my brothers are black?” Fucked up world...
  • Options
    mlcoon23 said:
    So my daughter asked me this today. “If there is a break in do I call the police, and if so should I tell them two of my brothers are black?” Fucked up world...
    Smart girl.  It's never been wise for people of color to call the police unless they really, really need emergency help.  Sad, but true.
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,247
    CNN reporter and crew were arrested this morning. Waiting for a stupid Trump tweet. I'm sure he loves that

https://www.cnn.com/us/live-news/george-floyd-protest-updates-05-28-20/index.html
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    Parksy said:
    CM189191 said:
    It's about coming up
    And staying on top

No, 187 on a muthafuckin cop means a homicide on an officer.  They took that line from the Dre song.  
  • Options
    I'll ask a question.

If the 4 officers get arrested, is there civil unrest in Minneapolis?

I'll add to that, should there be either way?
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,801
    So much for non violent, peaceful protests. This whole situation is fucking disgraceful. From the cop straight to the idiots who have to break the law and vandalize. Way to prove a point. 
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122
    tbergs said:
    CNN reporter and crew were arrested this morning. Waiting for a stupid Trump tweet. I'm sure he loves that

https://www.cnn.com/us/live-news/george-floyd-protest-updates-05-28-20/index.html
    Around the corner from that scene was another CNN reporter and crew who happened to be white and absolutely nothing happened  to them.

The reporter who was arrested he happened to be black and reporting live on the air. A very interesting development kind of odd what happened to one crew and nothing to the other, at least be consistent.

Sad times in America.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    I'll ask a question.

If you haven't been a black male in America for the last 50 years can you really understand when enough is enough? It's not just the officer or officers in this one incident, it's an entire system that continues to fail minorities in general.
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    So much for non violent, peaceful protests. This whole situation is fucking disgraceful. From the cop straight to the idiots who have to break the law and vandalize. Way to prove a point. 
    It is terrible for sure, but when the same thing continues to happen year after year all over the country, there is a tipping point where people will resort to violence because quietly protesting hasn't resulted in the change required. Imagine if nationwide riots erupted after events like Sandy Hook or Parkland? People get fed up, especially in a time of quarantine and unemployment and then you throw this on top of it.
  • Options
    tbergs said:
    I'll ask a question.

If you haven't been a black male in America for the last 50 years can you really understand when enough is enough? It's not just the officer or officers in this one incident, it's an entire system that continues to fail minorities in general.
    I am not but I can ask the question to get an understanding of it.
  • Options
    tbergs said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    It is terrible for sure, but when the same thing continues to happen year after year all over the country, there is a tipping point where people will resort to violence because quietly protesting hasn't resulted in the change required. Imagine if nationwide riots erupted after events like Sandy Hook or Parkland? People get fed up, especially in a time of quarantine and unemployment and then you throw this on top of it.
    Two wrongs don’t make a right. Setting fire to a police station , walking up to an officer and executing them (no protests for that) , will not make any positive difference. It will only make things worse. There absolutely no excuse for the behavior from the cop or these violent rioters. It’s lose , lose 
  • Options
    Parksy said:
    CM189191 said:
    It's about coming up
    And staying on top

No, 187 on a muthafuckin cop means a homicide on an officer.  They took that line from the Dre song.  
    Ahhhh  I always thought it meant accuse a cop of homicide.  
    Toronto 2000
    Boston I&II 2004
    Cleveland, Buffalo 2010
    Toronto I&II 2011
    Buffalo 2013
    Toronto I&II 2016
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    tbergs said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Two wrongs don’t make a right. Setting fire to a police station , walking up to an officer and executing them (no protests for that) , will not make any positive difference. It will only make things worse. There absolutely no excuse for the behavior from the cop or these violent rioters. It’s lose , lose 
    Rag on me for this all you want, but that's an easy thing to say as a white male. When has the system ever not been in your favor?
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    I don't disagree that the unrest and violence is awful.  That said... do peaceful protests work?  Me thinks not. The 'right' to peaceful assembly (which in Canada is basically our right to protest) means very little.  I would argue that the longer politicians and businesses fail to listen to peaceful protests, it's only going to make things worse. 

We had a similar story in Canada where Indigenous people blocked rail lines causing economic problems across the country. It wasn't violent, but it also wasn't legal.  It got people paying attention though. My fear was that if people were willing to start causing that kind of damage... if what they thought they were fighting for was worth it, they may escalate even further. <- that's something I think America should be thinking about as well with regards to the BLM movement. It's like a volcano. How many more George Floyd's before people start getting organized? 

Speaking of Canada... I'm interested in seeing a potential backlash in the USA similar to what took place in Toronto during the G8 summit.  Protests got out of hand on night one... people torched police cars.  The next day, cops weren't having ANY of that and illegally detained a bunch of folks and arrested a bunch, etc.  Liberties and rights were thrown out the window and to me it showed just how fragile and ineffective our policing was at the time. I interpreted it as an entire police organization pushing back in a vengeful and illegal way. 
    Toronto 2000
    Boston I&II 2004
    Cleveland, Buffalo 2010
    Toronto I&II 2011
    Buffalo 2013
    Toronto I&II 2016
  • Options
    tbergs said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    tbergs said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Rag on me for this all you want, but that's an easy thing to say as a white male. When has the system ever not been in your favor?
    Oh please. What does this have to do with what I said? It’s ok to execute a cop as a black male? Or set fire to a precinct? You said quietly protesting hasn’t worked. I’m saying whatever the fuck is happening there now isn’t going to work either. In fact, it will make things worse because I’m sure cops feel like they have a target on their back. Which will make them more violent and jumpy. None of this is ok. 
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    nicknyr15 said:
    tbergs said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    tbergs said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Oh please. What does this have to do with what I said? It’s ok to execute a cop as a black male? Or set fire to a precinct? You said quietly protesting hasn’t worked. I’m saying whatever the fuck is happening there now isn’t going to work either. In fact, it will make things worse because I’m sure cops feel like they have a target on their back. Which will make them more violent and jumpy. None of this is ok. 
    Did a black protester execute a cop yesterday? What am I missing?
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    tbergs said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    tbergs said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    His point is valid, though, and that point is that it's real easy to put it all on equal terms of "not OK" when you haven't had to live in fear and anger for your entire life.
  • Options
    dignin said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    tbergs said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    tbergs said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Did a black protester execute a cop yesterday? What am I missing?
    No. But it’s happened here in NY. And it could happen again. 
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,730
    tbergs said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    tbergs said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    How is he ragging on you by saying he thinks both the cop and the rioters are wrong? 

As for the riots, I can't blame them. If I was black, I'd probably want to burn down the city too when this sort of thing happens. It's horrible for business owners that don't deserve to have their livelihoods destroyed. But as far as them setting the police station on fire? Oh well. Maybe if they at least arrested the officer, the riots wouldn't have happened.....

Or at least wouldn't happen on this scale. Let's be real, there are some people that don't care one way or another about Floyd's murder, they just look at this as an opportunity to loot. And again, I can't really say I blame them. It's hard to tell legitimately angry people exactly HOW they should be angry. Should you tell a looter who's lighting Target on fire that he'd be better off writing to his local congressman about police brutality? Obviously that doesn't work. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    rgambs said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    tbergs said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    tbergs said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    His point is valid, though, and that point is that it's real easy to put it all on equal terms of "not OK" when you haven't had to live in fear and anger for your entire life.
    Ok cool. So I guess as a white guy I can’t have an opinion on this unless I’m out there protesting. Thankfully I can still have an opinion on the new Pearl Jam album, as a white guy. A lot of things make me angry. You know nothing about me. As angry as I’ve been I’ve never shown extreme violence towards the problem. 
This discussion has been closed.