Options

I Hate Self-Promotion. But Please Buy My Book. Updated - Book Signing in LA.

12346»

Comments

• Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    Enkidu wrote: »
    (Here's a tiny clue -- quack.)

it should come as no surprise to anyone here, but that hint didn't help me :-S :-h
  • Options
    EnkiduEnkidu So Cal Posts: 2,996
    It's funny cause people have been guessing today and only one person has gotten it right. Dooney & Bourke. They have a duck logo.
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,516
    It's funny cause people have been guessing today and only one person has gotten it right. Dooney & Bourke. They have a duck logo.

We....Codie and I.....knew that. Duh!

oh.my.god.....how I hate these smileys!
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    imalive wrote: »

We....Codie and I.....knew that. Duh!

oh.my.god.....how I hate these smileys!

yes, we all believe that codie knew that :P

me, never heard of them...and proud of that! lol
  • Options
    quack!

img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=16193681

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    oh that looks familiar just never noticed the maker
  • Options
    For the 3 or 4 people who have been following the purse saga - Dooney & Bourke sent an email asking me to review the purse I bought (and sent back because it smelled like fish). After 4 emails to their customer service asking what happened to my replacement purse I wrote a nasty review. They emailed and said the review didn't "fit their standards," but I should submit another review. So I did. And they used it today. Why? Who knows?

The review on the Dooney & Bourke site:

1 out of 5 stars.
    RedMosquito
    2 days ago
    Purse smelled like fish and chemicals
    Looked beautiful, but had to send it back because it was stinking up the house.

✘ No, I do not recommend this product.
  • Options
    NatashapearljamfanNatashapearljamfan Australia Posts: 3,777
    =)) I love it!!
  • Options
    Nice! I just saw something on 60 Minutes or somesuch that said online reviews are mostly fraudulent....which I always figured, since Amazon will sometimes have 144,000 reviews on some product that couldn't possibly have more than 20 sales.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    imalive wrote: »
    Nice! I just saw something on 60 Minutes or somesuch that said online reviews are mostly fraudulent....which I always figured, since Amazon will sometimes have 144,000 reviews on some product that couldn't possibly have more than 20 sales.

I finally did a Yelp restaurant review - to help out a mom and pop kebab place in our neighborhood. (My profile photo is Scutaro in the rain, btw.) And Yelp said my review was fraudulent and I was pissed and emailed and said, "No. Not fraudulent. It's good food." And they put the review up. I bet most of the Yelp reviews are fake though.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,652
    I like that they ended up posting your review. The handful of reviews I have written have been all positive except for one and the one that was negative was not posted. This was years and years ago on Pitchfork.
    I used to write letters to the editor for Sports Illustrated, SPORT magazine, comic books and many other publications as a youth. Never saw any published but almost always got some sort of response....does anyone write letters any more? (I do not.)

If someone wrote you a letter through your publisher expressing dissatisfaction with your novel, would you write them back?
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,652
    btw Scutaro is fraudulent.
    (I am a bitter Reds fan, ignore me!)
  • Options
    I like that they ended up posting your review. The handful of reviews I have written have been all positive except for one and the one that was negative was not posted. This was years and years ago on Pitchfork.
    I used to write letters to the editor for Sports Illustrated, SPORT magazine, comic books and many other publications as a youth. Never saw any published but almost always got some sort of response....does anyone write letters any more? (I do not.)

If someone wrote you a letter through your publisher expressing dissatisfaction with your novel, would you write them back?

If they wrote a letter that made sense about my novel I would. There was one negative post on Goodreads I saw (maybe I already wrote about it here) where someone said the book should have been about the couple suing the fertility doctor and I was an idiot to not have written that. What could you say to someone like that - sorry, write your own book.
  • Options

If they wrote a letter that made sense about my novel I would. There was one negative post on Goodreads I saw (maybe I already wrote about it here) where someone said the book should have been about the couple suing the fertility doctor and I was an idiot to not have written that. What could you say to someone like that - sorry, write your own book.

Ha! You are so much nicer than I am. Sorry, write your own book was NOT what I would respond with it I jumped into the mud on that one.