Options

I Hate Self-Promotion. But Please Buy My Book. Updated - Book Signing in LA.

Comments

• Options
    NatashapearljamfanNatashapearljamfan Australia Posts: 3,777
    Bump for release date, Congratulations Ann. <:-P <:-P
  • Options
    EnkiduEnkidu So Cal Posts: 2,996

Bump for release date, Congratulations Ann. <:-P <:-P </p>

Thanks for the bump. Publication day. Gulp! I have a blog piece that went up today. It's pretty fun reading - plus you can enter to win a free copy of the book.

http://dearreader.typepad.com/

• Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,516
    i'm pretty sure Ann may be a bit depressed.

Buy her book.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    frozenwithsaltfrozenwithsalt Texas Posts: 765
    I will be buying a copy too. There are many that dream of writing a book (myself included), but few that actually do so congrats....
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,657
    pre-order arrived today, buy a copy people!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options

I will be buying a copy too. There are many that dream of writing a book (myself included), but few that actually do so congrats....

Believe me, I still don't think it's real. Is it real? And if I can do it, you can do it. Good luck.

• Options
    My book was shipped 2 days ago to Australia, can't wait to read it. I also saw it is available at Book Depository and Booktopia.
  • Options
    jlaustinjlaustin Ann Arbor, MI Posts: 2,355
    Picking up at my local Barnes and Noble tomorrow! Congrats! Looking forward to reading it!
    2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 Cincy, Detroit, Moline, & Milwaukee
    2015 Central Park
    2016 Lexington, Ottawa, Toronto 1 & 2, Boston 1 & 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2017 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    2018 Seattle 1 & 2, Missoula, Chicago 1

• Options
    More publicity bump :)
  • Options
    Thanks for the bump. Here's a photo a friend posted on FB. Her comment: "How to make a flight go by in the blink of an eye? Read Ann Lewis Hamilton's funny, thought-provoking novel, Expecting. (It even comes with a hand so you don't have to hold it.)"

photo 208ae0d4-4578-404b-9ddb-e283b79dbcfb_zps6b102cd1.jpg
  • Options
    bumpity bump.

have we cracked amazon's Hot 100 yet??

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    imalive said:

bumpity bump.

have we cracked amazon's Hot 100 yet??

I wish. Now I have to beg people to write nice reviews on Amazon and Goodreads. Who knew writing a book was such hard work?
  • Options
    I'm still waiting on mine :-( it should be here next week, I can't wait to read it. I'll leave a review on Amazon.
  • Options
    Should of added I'll leave an awesome review :)
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,657
    Will review after I read -- just finished the book I was reading last night. (I thought having a newborn that there would be hours where I would be unable to sleep but able to read. What a fool! Every time I can I am trying to steal back sleep time and it is getting in the way of reading. You are up next!)
  • Options

Will review after I read -- just finished the book I was reading last night. (I thought having a newborn that there would be hours where I would be unable to sleep but able to read. What a fool! Every time I can I am trying to steal back sleep time and it is getting in the way of reading. You are up next!)

sounds just like me and our puppy! :))

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217
    Hey Ann, what link is best to order from?
    Or are you sending out signed copies?

everyone be sure to go to amazon and/or goodreads to submit a review when you've completed the book! :D
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options

everyone be sure to go to amazon and/or goodreads to submit a review when you've completed the book! :D

Amazon, Barnes and Noble, IndieBound.com. I'm supposed to sign some sort of book plates to autograph and send to people who bought the book but they haven't come yet.

Thanks for the bump. And anybody reading this who hasn't checked out Jonny Bails Floatin, check that out on Amazon. And leave a good review.
  • Options
    Bump
  • Options
    Enkidu said:

Amazon, Barnes and Noble, IndieBound.com. I'm supposed to sign some sort of book plates to autograph and send to people who bought the book but they haven't come yet.

Thanks for the bump. And anybody reading this who hasn't checked out Jonny Bails Floatin, check that out on Amazon. And leave a good review.
    we want a signed book plate! :D

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    jlaustinjlaustin Ann Arbor, MI Posts: 2,355
    Will finish today or tomorrow - really enjoying it! Great read! I'll be sure to leave a 5 star review! Congrats!
    2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 Cincy, Detroit, Moline, & Milwaukee
    2015 Central Park
    2016 Lexington, Ottawa, Toronto 1 & 2, Boston 1 & 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2017 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    2018 Seattle 1 & 2, Missoula, Chicago 1

• Options
    Bump...book arrived in Australia <:-P can't wait to start reading it.
  • Options

Bump...book arrived in Australia <:-P can't wait to start reading it. </p>

Yay. Hope you like it. I have yet another blog post.
    http://girlslovetoread.com/2014/07/how-being-a-screen-writer-helped-me-write-a-novel-by-ann-lewis-hamilton/
  • Options
    Finished, embarrassed to say it took me 10 days to read. This new child thing is killing my reading time! :))

Loved it! Not my typical book, have to tell you -- if there wasn't the 10C connection I would never have picked it up based on the cover and the description. This would much more likely have popped up on my wife's nightstand than mine. That being stated, it was a great book. Seriously impressed that this is your first novel and it must be the years of practice screenwriting that find a first effort so polished. Your tone is so comfortable and the environment as a reader opening the book is so comfortable -- if I picked this book up prior to my wife getting pregnant and all of those changes on my sleep level I would have read it in a day or two.
    The best part of the book was the characters -- and I was able to get past the fact that some of this revolves around a UCLA student/scene. (I went to SC...) Laughed out loud many times and having just reached the conclusion of our 7 year effort to have a child there were many items that really hit home personally.
    Bravo -- really, this was a great read. Looking forward to what comes next!

People always make comparisons when they read a new author -- I struggle here but I think the comparison that popped into my head when I first started the book was one that makes very little sense content-wise....but is strictly based on readability and pace....Chuck Palahniuk. (Strange, right? Have you read him?)

^:)^
  • Options

Finished, embarrassed to say it took me 10 days to read. This new child thing is killing my reading time! :))

Loved it! Not my typical book, have to tell you -- if there wasn't the 10C connection I would never have picked it up based on the cover and the description. This would much more likely have popped up on my wife's nightstand than mine. That being stated, it was a great book. Seriously impressed that this is your first novel and it must be the years of practice screenwriting that find a first effort so polished. Your tone is so comfortable and the environment as a reader opening the book is so comfortable -- if I picked this book up prior to my wife getting pregnant and all of those changes on my sleep level I would have read it in a day or two.
    The best part of the book was the characters -- and I was able to get past the fact that some of this revolves around a UCLA student/scene. (I went to SC...) Laughed out loud many times and having just reached the conclusion of our 7 year effort to have a child there were many items that really hit home personally.
    Bravo -- really, this was a great read. Looking forward to what comes next!

People always make comparisons when they read a new author -- I struggle here but I think the comparison that popped into my head when I first started the book was one that makes very little sense content-wise....but is strictly based on readability and pace....Chuck Palahniuk. (Strange, right? Have you read him?)

^:)^

Wow, Chuck Palahniuk. That makes me feel good. My agent likes the female Nick Hornby comparison. That makes me feel good, too.

Thanks for reading it and I'm glad you liked it. The fertility journey sucks, but it's nice to be able to go back and laugh at some of it. I'm guessing you met with some arrogant fertility doctors. Plus all those awful tests...

Thanks again!
  • Options
    Thank you Ann, a very enjoyable book. Once I started I couldn't put it down. I can't wait for the PJ book :D
    We get those arrogant fertility Drs in Australia too!!!
  • Options

Thank you Ann, a very enjoyable book. Once I started I couldn't put it down. I can't wait for the PJ book :D
    We get those arrogant fertility Drs in Australia too!!!

Thanks, Natasha. Come to LA for the book signing!
  • Options
    Please don't tempt me, I would love to but can't afford it :) when is the book signing? I hope you have an awesome time.
  • Options
    Hey Ann - if you go to your book signing place 4 days prior....tell Ralph Nader thanks a lot for handing the 2000 election to Bush :)) >:P

My wife is reading Expecting and loving it!

I am reading a sneak peek of the "other" book :-$ :D

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14