Options

*** Amsterdam 1 Fanviews Here 6/16/14 ***

Comments

• Options
    nycratsnycrats Posts: 1,348
    mrussel1 said:

What happened halfway through Jeremy? Was someone thrown out of the pit or were they pulled out for safety?

I was wonderingje same. Ed was about to toss someone it looked like,then 2 mins later he gave a wave lik " its allright now".
    Also what was the technical difficulties, i think early second song, ed yelled out a little " wtf why is this not working" but couldnt tell what it wasthat had him so perturbed

If youre a father, then youre a mutherfucker, dont quote me on that!

Great show
    Lot of fun, while ga floor was a madhouse, once the show satrted, everyone was friends andit was actuAlly pretty chill

Pretty funny ed called out the heineken beer girl, she was there and working hard!

Was so happy to hear light years. Just loved the binaural stuff we got. Huge plus.
    I didnt know matt wrote evacuation. Good times

Im at times too critical and hard on the lightning bolt stuff but thought it all sounded great last night

I noticed that a lot of the reserved seating was SITTING! Yikes. Europeans just dont like to stand i guess.

Hope everyone was safe and enjoyed themselves. Lots of great people on the floor by us dead center a few feet in front of the barricade. Thanks to everyone near by

Round 2 tonight. Thank you pj. And no one will be upset if you drop another 4 from binaural on us tonight.
    '98: Camden 1 '00: JB2 '03: MSG1 '04: Boston 1 '05: AC1
    '06: Irving Plaza, East Rutherford 1 & 2 '07: Lolla '08: Camden 2, MSG2, Beacon
    '09 :Philly 1 & 2 '10: Buffalo, Newark, MSG1, MSG2
    '11: PJ20 1 & 2 '12: Missoula '13: Wrigley, BK2, Philly 1 & 2, Hartford
    '14: Ams 1 & 2, Cincy, St Louis, Detroit, Moline '15: Central Park
    '16 Philly 1 & 2, MSG 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
    '17 Brooklyn hall of fame ‘18 Fenway 1
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    as jimed14 said...ziggo has fantastic sound...love to be at this venue
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Fantastic show! Who You Are, Thin Air, Light Years were incredible. I'm not a fan of Evacuation to say the least but it was still interesting to hear it live. I was in front and during Breakerfall it got rough but afterwards it was fine. And people around me were fine too. I'm so looking forward to tonight!!
  • Options
    EN307706EN307706 Posts: 3
    Great show yesterday, but I missed the fanzone..... It was there 2 years ago, but not now, pity. I still hear Sirens in my mind. What a great morning after!!!!
  • Options
    LBCLBC Posts: 74
    I was excited about the upcoming Leeds gig, and even more so now.

Bring it on!
    A truant finds home
  • Options
    CharliePCharlieP Copenhagen, Denmark Posts: 1,035
    Great show! Will be a short message for now. Ed did a lot of lyric screw-ups but I think they just need to dust off some of the songs again. Got to hear some songs for the first time and sound was great. Bring on night 2!

Roskilde 2000, Berlin 2006, Athens 2006, Dusseldorf 2007, Copenhagen 2007, New York NY 1 + 2 2008, Berlin 2009, London 2009, London 2010, Berlin 2010, Manchester 2 2012, Berlin 1 2012, Stockholm 2012, Oslo 2012, Copenhagen 2012, Amsterdam 1 + 2 (EV solo) 2012, Amsterdam 1 + 2 2014, Stockholm 2014, Oslo 2014, Leeds 2014, Milton Keynes 2014, Heartland Festival DK (EV solo) 2017, Berlin 2018, Barcelona 2018, Copenhagen 2022, Prague 2022 (Cancelled)

• Options
    corbwinanscorbwinans Litchfield, CT USA Posts: 5

Loved the show, hated the crowd.
    I was at the back of the front pit dead centre and crowd were rubbish back there with no atmosphere whatsoever. Pity, there were a lot (hell of a lot) of Ten Club tickets so expected more from the crowd. I'm sure some others will say it was better down at the very front but just my experience to share.

Still let's not take away from the great show. Let's hope Eddie's leg is better tomorrow!

we were in 105 and i swear the section was a tomb. it was if they were there to see someone else. they didn't stand or move until Alive.

still the show rocked and today should be the bomb

see you all there

peace out
  • Options
    IamTomIamTom Posts: 1,138
    pdalowsky said:

jonsey30 said:

nicknyr15 said:

jonsey30 said:

nicknyr15 said:

Amazing how they play Who You Are and the setlist is called typical. Lol. That song alone makes it not typical at all let alone all the other rarities.

I have to agree with KC. Out of the entire first set, I only see 3 non-typical songs, Breakerfall, Who You Are, and Evacuation. Then Footsteps and thin air. So 5 out of 32 weren't played the hell out of during last years tour?
    I completely disagree. 152 songs played last year. What else do u want?? I don't understand.
    Light years?
    Supersonic?
    Sonic reducer?
    Sleeping by Myself?
    All played to death last year? Def not.

I'm guessing u won't be happy till there's a set filled with terrible songs like sweet lew and bugs so u can scratch them off your "list". Sorry fir being a little gruff I just get frustrated with the setlist complaining.

I get it, I am not complaining. I would love to see this setlist any day of the week. I already crossed Bugs off my list at Wrigley, so no that ain't it. I just want to hear good songs, but not the same songs I've seen. I went to 3 shows last year, the only three I've seen, and heard a lot of the same songs at all 3. I know it's a tour in support of an album, so obviously I'm going to hear Lightnight Bolt and Sirens, but bring out Oceans more, bring out Chloe/Crown, bring out Nothing As it Seems, Footsteps, Who You Are (I know, the last two were played at this show), Inside Job, You Are, Last Exit, Immortality, Deep, Garden, Blood, etc. Some songs I want to see at every show, Black, Release, RVM, Indifference, Present Tense, Daughter, Betterman. Songs like Sonic Reducer, Supersonic, Sleeping By Myself, All Night, Leatherman, I can do without.

So to be clear you'd rather they played what is effectively a cover than something from the pj catalogue?

I seen some serious negativity on last nights show ... And I'm incredibly baffled by it all.

Wasnt at the show but had a lot of pals there who had an amazing time ... People who've seen their fair share of shows too. Yet from afar in all the excitement I'm reading certain nonsense on Facebook from people critiquing the show from their sofas. Unreal. The setlist looked pretty solid to me so to base a negative comment on that is just a little odd
    Paul, I loved to show. I could care less about Evac but I'm pretty sure Ed doesn't do the setlist exclusively for me. Tho on the nights I get my personal favs it feels like it.

Jonsey30... is it just the way I'm reading your post but it seems to be saying you're happy for the band to play the same songs at every show you're at so long as they're songs you want them to play? And let's not forget that the majority of bands play the same set every night so we're very blessed to even be having this conversation.

A first timer came with me last night and couldn't believe it was a 2 3/4hr show. She will see them again.

One more thing. I utterly adore Sirens and love watching the band perform this as it's so obvious how important Sirens is to them.

Given To Live -

Latest story - Declan at Slipknot is up on the website now at www.giventolive.com along with Kayleigh at Foo Fighters, Tony at Stereophonics and more.

Inspired by Pearl Jam, making live music dreams come true.
  • Options
    Also i think someone in the front got a song request honored. Was that anyone here? Ed said something like, "are you coming bAck tomorrow? We'll play it then".
  • Options
    IamTomIamTom Posts: 1,138
    edited June 2014
    nycrats said:

Also i think someone in the front got a song request honored. Was that anyone here? Ed said something like, "are you coming bAck tomorrow? We'll play it then".

Took a sign from a friend of mine- Hold On. We know Ed saying he'll play it tomorrow doesn't always work out. If it does I'll be in raptures as Hold On is one of my top 5 PJ songs.
    Given To Live -

Latest story - Declan at Slipknot is up on the website now at www.giventolive.com along with Kayleigh at Foo Fighters, Tony at Stereophonics and more.

Inspired by Pearl Jam, making live music dreams come true.
  • Options
    ^ sickness!
  • Options
    J_Vedder1968J_Vedder1968 portugal Posts: 28
    can anyone post photos of merchandise ?
  • Options
    Sea said:

Pearl Jam
    Ziggo Dome,
    Amsterdam, NL
    June 16, 2014
    Show One Set List

01. Pendulum
    02. Nothingman
    03. Breakerfall
    04. Corduroy
    05. All Night
    06. Animal
    07. Got Some
    08. Mind Your Manners
    09. Given To Fly
    (Ed recognizes a person in the audience. He jokes about meeting them in an elevator in Canada)
    10. Who You Are
    11. Lightning Bolt
    12. Even Flow
    13. Swallowed Whole
    14. Sirens
    15. Light Years (dedicated to Antoinette)
    16. Evacuation
    17. Wishlist
    18. Porch

Encore Break 1

(Ed had looked up some facts about the Ziggo Dome and learned that Pearl Jam was the first foreign band to play here. He thought it might have been just as cool if Shakira had been the first. He declines to belly dance because of a knee injury)
    19. Low Light
    20. Thin Air
    21. Sleeping By Myself
    22. Footsteps
    Ed dedicates Come Back to “Johnny and Tanner and anyone who feels the loss of someone.”)
    23. Come Back
    24. Jeremy
    25. Better Man
    26. Rearviewmirror

Encore Break 2

27. Go
    28. Why Go
    29. Supersonic
    30. Sonic Reducer-(Bators, Blitz, Chrome, Magnum, Thomas, Zero)
    31. Alive (Mike solos while on the floor between the barricade and the stage)
    32. Indifference

Please share your experiences of the show here...the Fanview threads are preserved on the board.

Please keep the Fanview threads for Fanviews. It's ok to begin another thread on discussions of other topics and/or debates.

Thank you! :)

• Options
    Great show. A pitty Eddie feels the need to take in so much alcohol. You don't need it and it doesn't make you better! You're just fine the way you are!
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,881
    The "we'll play it tomorrow" was actually for Leatherman, though I'd prefer Hold On.
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    Sanny said:

So people go to a heck of a lot of shows and start complaining about hearing some songs again and again.
    Of course they'll play some songs more often than others. These are popular songs, they probably still enjoy playing them (am sure I saw them having a good time up there yesterday) and not everybody attends 3 shows per year or more. And these fans love to hear these songs live.
    If you attended three shows from any other band, you would hear the exact same setlist thrice.

Get real, please.

The negativity appears to be from keyboard warriors sat behind their laptop rather than us who were at the gig
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    KloddzKloddz Posts: 2,573
    mrussel1 said:

What happened halfway through Jeremy? Was someone thrown out of the pit or were they pulled out for safety?

Looks like someone got pulled out by the security guard around the 2:50 mark of the video above (right edge of the screen). Hope he's OK.
    Bern - September 13, 2006
    Berlin - August 15, 2009
    Lisbon - July 10, 2010
    Berlin - June 26, 2014
    Zurich - June 23, 2022

http://www.last.fm/user/Kloddz
  • Options
    karmadefectkarmadefect Posts: 806
    edited June 2014
    Oh wow what a night.
    I still feel like an orange that has been squeezed for juice, but I am ready for round two.
    When they started playing Who you are I was amazed. I didn't even dare to hope for it.
    Still it came. That song alone makes the gig a contender for a top three spot.
    The rest of the setlist was very nice as well. 4 Binuaral that's brilliant as well.
    Can't wait for tonight as night two usually is better than the first night.
    Post edited by karmadefect on
    It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

2006 Arnhem 2007 Werchter 2009 Rotterdam 2010 Nijmegen 2010 Werchter
    2012 Amsterdam 1 2012 Amsterdam 2 2014 Amsterdam 1 2014 Amsterdam 2
    2014 Berlijn
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,967
    No Riot Act tunes....crazy

I love Evacuation. I can't believe the hatred from some for that song. Great song from Matt.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,796
    Thats a kick ass version of Jeremy

And that floor looks like a fucking mad house

Nice!
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options

No Riot Act tunes....crazy

I love Evacuation. I can't believe the hatred from some for that song. Great song from Matt.

was not my favo or something..but was really really good live
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    boyo79 said:

Sanny said:

So people go to a heck of a lot of shows and start complaining about hearing some songs again and again.
    Of course they'll play some songs more often than others. These are popular songs, they probably still enjoy playing them (am sure I saw them having a good time up there yesterday) and not everybody attends 3 shows per year or more. And these fans love to hear these songs live.
    If you attended three shows from any other band, you would hear the exact same setlist thrice.

Get real, please.

The negativity appears to be from keyboard warriors sat behind their laptop rather than us who were at the gig
    yep
  • Options
    hailhail8hailhail8 Posts: 269
    What happened to Ed after Porch???
  • Options
    ravilloriasravillorias Paris Posts: 458
    Awesome setlist ! I found it a great show even if some people said Ed was not in good shape/mood.

Crowd sucked ! Ultra sucked. A lot of 10C people that seemed not to know who the f***k was on stage.
    -- rafa
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,846

boyo79 said:

Sanny said:

Get real, please.

yep
    One person says they did not enjoy the show and others run with it. Looks like an awesome set to me and I'm jealous that Evacuation and Thin Air were played.
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR A SINGLE TICKET TO MSG NIGHT 2

• Options
    ravilloriasravillorias Paris Posts: 458

Loved the show, hated the crowd.
    I was at the back of the front pit dead centre and crowd were rubbish back there with no atmosphere whatsoever. Pity, there were a lot (hell of a lot) of Ten Club tickets so expected more from the crowd. I'm sure some others will say it was better down at the very front but just my experience to share.

Still let's not take away from the great show. Let's hope Eddie's leg is better tomorrow!

Yeah man. Crowd sucked ! At the front too... There were only a few guys on Stone side that were on fire :) \m/... I'm glad I ended up there (I started on Mike side... Move to the center and kept going)
    -- rafa
  • Options
    vladsplatvladsplat Posts: 116
    Love the setlist and looking forward to October even more now!!
  • Options
    TigaSefiTigaSefi Posts: 276
    edited June 2014

Awesome setlist ! I found it a great show even if some people said Ed was not in good shape/mood.

Crowd sucked ! Ultra sucked. A lot of 10C people that seemed not to know who the f***k was on stage.

Were you expecting a 1993 mosh pit style? It was great at the rail mike side.
    London 02 18/09/2009 London Hyde Park 25/06/2010 Arras 03/07/2010 Werchter 04/07/2010 Manchester 21/06/2012 Amsterdam 26/06/2012 Stockholm 07/07/2012 Portland 29/11/2013 Spokane 30/11/2013 Amsterdam 16/06/14 Leeds 08/07/14 London 02 Arena 18/06/2018 London 02 Arena 17/07/2018 London Hyde Park 08/07/2022 London Hyde Park 09/07/2022
  • Options
    milanmilan Posts: 447
    what time did they come on stage
    thinking about san siro - early start will be broad daylight - longest day and all that
    '06 Milan
    '07 Madrid
    '08 Virginia Beach / Washington DC
    '09 Shepherds Bush / Berlin / Manchester / London
    Perth / Sydney / Brisbane

'10 London / Berlin / Lisbon
    '11 Rio de Janeiro / Buenos Aires / Lima
    '12 Manchester I / Manchester II / Berlin I / Berlin II
    '13 Baltimore / Charlottesville / Charlotte
    '14 Perth / San Siro / Berlin / "Live at Leeds" / MK
    '15 Rio de Janeiro / Bogota

'18 London I / Berlin / London II

'22 Berlin / London I / London Ii

(37)
  • Options
    lovin the footage of jeremy, bit concerned the way Ed is jumpin about on one leg though hope he gets better real soon
    shows: Shepherds Bush 110809
    Hyde Park 250610
    Bridge School Benefit 23/241010
    Manchester MEN 210612
    Amsterdam Ziggodome 270612
    Berlin '02' 040712