Options

*** Amsterdam 1 Fanviews Here 6/16/14 ***

Comments

• Options
    NN145275NN145275 Portugal Posts: 1
    Ahh people bitching about Evacuation! There's no horrible PJ songs for me, simply i listen to some songs more than others! :P
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,632
    We should start a "Call Me, maybe" or "Evacuation" poll.
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,772
    Please keep the Fanview threads for Fanviews. Some posts will be removed to keep it about the show people attended. Thanks. :)

Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,772
    milan said:

what time did they come on stage
    thinking about san siro - early start will be broad daylight - longest day and all that

8:13 pm

Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    PorchgirlCOPorchgirlCO Colorado Posts: 1,375
    Wow....who you are, light years, thin air and breakerfall? Amazing! Can't wait until October!!!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me...

Orlando 4/24/92 & 8/23/92, Miami 3/28/94, Ft Laud 10/7/96, Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Missoula 9/30/12, EV Jax 11/24/12 & 11/25/12, Chicago (Wrigley) 7/19/13, Charlottesville 10/29/13, Charlotte 10/30/13, Tulsa 10/8/14, Lincoln 10/9/14, Denver 10/22/14, Jacksonville 4/12/16, Greenville 4/16/16, Telluride 7/9/16, Boston (Fenway) 8/5/16 & 8/7/16, Seattle (Safeco) 8/10/18, Boston (Fenway) 9/2/18 & 9/4/18, Dana Point 10/1/21 & 10/2/21, MSG 9/11/22, Denver 9/22/22, Austin 9/18/23 & 9/19/23.
  • Options
    AnnabelleAnnabelle Posts: 8
    Unfortunately when I have booked my tickets, I did not have tickets for the ground, and I had to take tickets for the seats. yesterday, at the beginning of the show I was standing up and people behind me asked me to stay on my seat because they were not seeing well. I can understand them, but if everybody were standing up they 'll would lived the show as it should be... I felt really frustrated...but I let people in front of me to stand up, I hope they enjoyed, and I hope next time I'll have standing tickets for the ground ! Anyway, it was a real awesome night. Indifference to finish what a dream comes true !!!
    I know I was born and I know that I'll die
    The in between is mine
    I am mine
  • Options
    ChamucoChamuco Posts: 5
    Annabelle said:

Unfortunately when I have booked my tickets, I did not have tickets for the ground, and I had to take tickets for the seats. yesterday, at the beginning of the show I was standing up and people behind me asked me to stay on my seat because they were not seeing well. I can understand them, but if everybody were standing up they 'll would lived the show as it should be... I felt really frustrated...but I let people in front of me to stand up, I hope they enjoyed, and I hope next time I'll have standing tickets for the ground ! Anyway, it was a real awesome night. Indifference to finish what a dream comes true !!!

Totally agree! I was only able to get seats and it was totally dead there. Just don't get how people can sit at a PJ concert! I was also told several times to sit down. In Oslo I have member tickets so I hope to make up for the frustration at the Ziggo dome.

But it was a great show with an interesting mix of songs. I thought however that the concert and crowd took off at the encores. Ed seemed really bothered by his knee, hope he gets better real soon. Sirens sounded wrong, not sure what it was. Great to hear Come back live but missed some classics like Yellow Leadbetter, Unknown Thought or Hail Hail. You can't get it all and have to keep some goodies for the next show! Thanks PJ as usual!
  • Options
    bluegracebluegrace Posts: 2,357
    Ooooh Footsteps! Bring it to Stockholm as well, please!!
    Kool Kat Club 1992, Moderna museet 1992, Globen 2012, Friends arena 2014
  • Options
    palmerspalmers Posts: 4
    The show was simply awesome! Rare setlist, songs well played and interpreted, great sound, Jeremy yesterday was probably the best live Jeremy ever...!

However, I totally agree: the crowd was by far the most boring and most passionless crowd I´ve ever been in on a PJ gig!!!
    Too bad, too sad, the unique PJ live athmosphere was simply missing, not due to the band, but due to the crowd. Big shame!
    I was around 10m from the stage on Mike´s side, people were even not singing along, not to mention the missing excitement and energy.

I defenitely do hope, that this was a rare and single occurence...

Looking forward to Berlin next week, I´ve been there 5 times and the crowd was always amazing ( although Düsseldorf 2007 was probably the best audience ever ).

Keep on rockin´ !!!

Best regards!
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    edited June 2014
    great ending!...
    go, why go, supersonic, sonic reducer, alive and indiff.

supersonic is a less than 20 plays song, which in my opinion rocks the eff out (albeit in a backspacer-y kind of way).
    Post edited by ikiT on
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    GerpuGerpu Posts: 18
    just came back from amsterdam (was at the first show), it was great.. i mean, i am a fanboy so it can't be anything but great so it is hard for me to be "objective" :p waiting in line (2x) and things like that were not so great but that has nothing to do with a band.. setlist was something i would choose.. can't wait vienna and berlin :)
    ...the in between is mine...
  • Options
    Went to Amsterdam from DC and I gotta say....just like what Dimitri said, the end of Jeremy and RVM were incredible. Probably the best RVM I ever witnessed. The floor crowd was awesome, the rest of the arena.....WHAT WERE YOU DOING. Overall it was awesome. Can't wait for the crazy Milano crowd
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
  • Options
    Fifi_IrelandFifi_Ireland Posts: 576
    I thought it was amazing. I brought two friends one of whom loves pj and it was their first gig.....the other was not so sure....both thought it was one of the best live gigs they had ever been to. I couldnt see a thing over all the tall dutch people so dedicated my time to singing and dancing instead which seemed to be the general theme around us so great crowd vibes.
    Great set of songs.....I know all the tried and trusted songs didnt feature but in many ways that excited me :-) it shakes it up a little and thats always good.
    We should never have demands or expectations of the band as its their difference that makes them so special each and every time you see them. Ive been to see other bands and they literally roll out the same songs and comments so you might aswell be anywhere. A definite thumbs up from me :-)
    168dcfb.jpg
  • Options
    drbryantdrbryant Posts: 17
    Great show, but Floor was way too crowded. I was in the stands. I would never do the floor in Amsterdam - people are too damn tall!!
  • Options
    LeonoraLeonora Posts: 1
    edited June 2014
    Hi Jammers!
    Is there anyone here who has been to the Ziggo Dome venue on the 16th of June and saw Eddie limping because a knew injury?!
    The older the better Vedder!
  • Options
    DreamyDanDreamyDan netherlands/belgium Posts: 83
    my first ever gig, at the grand old age of mid-forties, and i LOVED it so much!! my son came along, forced into fandom by me {though he is nothing as bad as his old mum}, and we enjoyed ourselves to bits...

obviously can't compare it to anything else {set list was perfect in my eyes..}, only bum note was that we were a bit far away from the stage {which was obscured by loads of really tall dutch blokes... never again!! it'll be Italy next time...}

and poor Eddie seemed a little in pain - any low-down there?

anyway - still buzzing, two days on... can't wait till the next time... ♥

• Options
    SpagsSpags Leigh-on-Sea, UK Posts: 2,935
    10th show, 12 songs for the first time. Great crowd around me. RVM was surprisingly kick arse. Loved Evacuation! Still hoping to hear Oceans at some point. See you at the Wuhlheide next week!
    Nature drunk and High
  • Options
    rdalhuisenrdalhuisen Den Haag Posts: 110
    palmers said:

The show was simply awesome! Rare setlist, songs well played and interpreted, great sound, Jeremy yesterday was probably the best live Jeremy ever...!

However, I totally agree: the crowd was by far the most boring and most passionless crowd I´ve ever been in on a PJ gig!!!
    Too bad, too sad, the unique PJ live athmosphere was simply missing, not due to the band, but due to the crowd. Big shame!
    I was around 10m from the stage on Mike´s side, people were even not singing along, not to mention the missing excitement and energy.

I defenitely do hope, that this was a rare and single occurence...

Looking forward to Berlin next week, I´ve been there 5 times and the crowd was always amazing ( although Düsseldorf 2007 was probably the best audience ever ).

Keep on rockin´ !!!

Best regards!

I agree 100% the Crowd during the first show was the WORST I ever saw. So glad we made up last night.

Arnhem 06, Antwerp 06, Barcelona 06, Paris 06, Munich 07, Copenhagen 07, Nijmegen 07, Hartford 08, Mansfied 08, Rotterdam 09, Berlin 09, Manchester 09, Dublin 10, Belfast 10, Nijmegen 10, Berlin 10, Alpine Valley I & II 11, Toronto II 11, Hamilton 11, Manchester I & II 12, Amsterdam I & II 12, Stockholm 12, Worcester I & II 13, Philly I & II 13, Hartford 13
  • Options
    KC2917KC2917 Posts: 871
    What's all this shit about a lousy crowd? We (all my new friends and I) were floor, stones side, and it fucking rocked!!!

• Options
    karmadefectkarmadefect Posts: 806
    Annabelle said:

I understand your point of view all too well.
    I stood up and lucky for me noone bother to call me on it especially since I was the first to stand I was a bit worried it might happen.
    On the other hand I'm not sure if I would have listend to them if they had. When I went to the bathroom someone did call me on it, but he congratulated me on the way I was enjoying the gig. He didn't say anything about it being a problem that he was a few spots behind me.
    I had ground tickets the second night, but the first night gave me much more dancing space even though I had seats.
    It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

2006 Arnhem 2007 Werchter 2009 Rotterdam 2010 Nijmegen 2010 Werchter
    2012 Amsterdam 1 2012 Amsterdam 2 2014 Amsterdam 1 2014 Amsterdam 2
    2014 Berlijn
  • Options
    radarradar Posts: 769
    edited June 2014
    there is one more thing that no one mentioned yet but for me it was quite important.
    during the encore Eddie brought on stage soccer shirt of the Dutch national team but he brought also a shirt of Tibetan national team. he made a joke about Dalai Lama playing all positions and saving the goal (not that much appropriate) but to sum up he said "hope some day they will win":)
    was it about Tibetan National Football Team or about TIbet is not that important. I have the same hope - some day they will win.
    I though it might be quite important for someone who thrown this shirt onstage to mention what Eddie did. when someone is protecting his rights peacifully (like Tibet) is practically non-existing in media. it is not interesting for media. therefore you have to rise awerness in other way.
    hope someday you will win!
    Post edited by radar on
  • Options
    justdimijustdimi Posts: 256
    my photos of Amsterdam I - 2014 - https://flic.kr/s/aHsjYkhwQPimage

enjoy ;)
    Justdimi,

http://www.pinterest.com/justdimi/
    www.facebook.com/dimitri.sponselee
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/justdimi/
    ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ----
  • Options
    Thin Air! Breakerfall! Light Years! Evacuation! Hopefully the beginning of a Binaural renaissance. Add in Who You Are and Footsteps! I'll take that's setlist any show
  • Options
    Cheo RamirezCheo Ramirez Posts: 676
    Eddie stills wearing Olivia´s rainbow loom, nice
    njnancy said:
    Santiago I 2005
    Santiago II 2005
    West Palm Beach 2008
    Alpine Valley PJ20 I 2011
    Alpine Valley PJ 20 II 2011
    Santiago 2011
    Lima 2011
    Buenos Aires 2013
    Brooklyn I 2013
    Brooklyn II 2013
    Santiago 2015
    Bogota 2015
    Ft Lauderdale 2016
    Miami 2016
    Rio de Janeiro 2018
    Boston 2 2018
  • Options
    alizmializmi Baltimore...MD Posts: 196
    Just watched a Porch vid on youtube and Eddie was noticeably unable to move. Normally its nuts during porch and tambourines are flying all over the place but he seemed to just sit on one of the speakers in the front for a large portion of the song.

Also, I don't see where people are saying the crowd wasn't into it. Granted I wasn't there to see it for myself (wish I was though), but the crowd looked very pumped from the vid I watched. I just hope EV is ok and back to his normal own the stage self!
  • Options
    dottlesdottles Posts: 9,136
    Ok so I am biased, this was a birthday show for me. So they could've played the phone book and I would've loved it.
    It was a great gig, I agree that the GA floor was tight. I was in the barriered section at the beginning but had to go and get water as it was too hot. I couldn't get back through the crowd so ended up further back and it was fine.
    For me the whole night was about footsteps and I know many of you will have heard it plenty of times but I've been waiting a long time. To get it on my birthday was extra special.
    Great to hear Thin Air, light Years etc too!
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Options
    palmerspalmers Posts: 4
    KC2917 said:

What's all this shit about a lousy crowd? We (all my new friends and I) were floor, stones side, and it fucking rocked!!!

So you've never attented a show with a real passionate and supporting crowd...

Too bad for you.

• Options
    KC2917KC2917 Posts: 871
    palmers said:

KC2917 said:

So you've never attented a show with a real passionate and supporting crowd...

Too bad for you.

You're right. Over 40 shows dating back to '94 and I've apparently never experienced a real passionate and supporting crowd. Maybe next time will be the one...
  • Options
    karmadefectkarmadefect Posts: 806

Went to Amsterdam from DC and I gotta say....just like what Dimitri said, the end of Jeremy and RVM were incredible. Probably the best RVM I ever witnessed. The floor crowd was awesome, the rest of the arena.....WHAT WERE YOU DOING. Overall it was awesome. Can't wait for the crazy Milano crowd

You must have missed me in the stands. ;)
    It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

2006 Arnhem 2007 Werchter 2009 Rotterdam 2010 Nijmegen 2010 Werchter
    2012 Amsterdam 1 2012 Amsterdam 2 2014 Amsterdam 1 2014 Amsterdam 2
    2014 Berlijn
  • Options
    binaural2002binaural2002 Germany Posts: 2,367
    This is one of my videos of AMS 1, "Thin air", the rest of my videos You can find HERE

http://youtu.be/q2NfCz_Zdaw
    Pearl Jam 11 / 306 / 121
    96 Zurich - 00 RaR - 07 Munich - 10 Berlin - 12 Berlin² - 14 Amsterdam² Berlin - 18 Berlin - 22 Zurich
    Eddie Vedder 1 / 27 / 27
    19 Düsseldorf
    Watch my videos on YouTube
    Pearl Jam/ Eddie Vedder Setlist-statistics in Google Drive-document >>>click here<<<