Options

America's Gun Violence

Comments

• Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    edited June 2016

PJPOWER said:

Assholes are assholes. As I said earlier, you can sit on your hands and wait for politicians to agree or you can start doing things on an individual level. Our community has all kinds of free meetings to educate people on gun laws, self defense, situational awareness, life saving techniques, active shooter awareness, etc.
    Countless examples of lives being saved by people that know some of these basic things. Maybe we should give tax or insurance breaks for people that attend these classes, much like they do for defensive driving classes...? People are always looking for "steps in the right direction", but are unwilling to take any steps of their own.

tax breaks for attending safety classes is a fabulous idea.
    Would probably save taxpayers and the government a lot in the long run, in medical bills alone! I'd add parenting classes to the list as well!
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • Options
    Stickman12Stickman12 Posts: 504
    An enemy of our country, our beliefs, our lifestyle attacks us on our land and we want to penalize law abiding citizens. Wish ISIS had the same mentality. We could infiltrate Syria and kill some terrorists. They could blame themselves for the event and ban firearms from the terrorists.
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,847

An enemy of our country, our beliefs, our lifestyle attacks us on our land and we want to penalize law abiding citizens. Wish ISIS had the same mentality. We could infiltrate Syria and kill some terrorists. They could blame themselves for the event and ban firearms from the terrorists.

You talking about the American guy who had a sexual identity issue?
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,040
    eddiec said:

Yes, The same guy that pledged his allegiance to Isis.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,093
    mcgruff10 said:

eddiec said:

because he didn't want to yell "I love men and they don't love me!" to the 911 operator.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,752

mcgruff10 said:

eddiec said:

because he didn't want to yell "I love men and they don't love me!" to the 911 operator.
    Yeah really. Honestly, the guy could have just as easily pledge his allegiance to Satan in this case and it wouldn't make any difference.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

mcgruff10 said:

eddiec said:

Yeah really. Honestly, the guy could have just as easily pledge his allegiance to Satan in this case and it wouldn't make any difference.
    But he didn't. He pledged his allegiance to isis. That s a pretty big deal
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    What might have been the root of his sexual identity issue? Religious based guilt would be my guess. I don't think we can ignore either his sexual identity issues, or his religious identity issues. Both played a role as far as I can tell. One doesn't have sexual identity issues in a vacuum.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,143
    Isis was the scapegoat. Dude was weird and got rejected at that club and decided to take them out.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

PJ_Soul said:

mcgruff10 said:

eddiec said:

Not really, since ISIS actually has nothing to do with him, and he actually has nothing to do with ISIS.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

PJ_Soul said:

mcgruff10 said:

eddiec said:

seems like that was more of a smokescreen than anything. he wanted his 70 male virgins. :loser:
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    jeffbr said:

What might have been the root of his sexual identity issue? Religious based guilt would be my guess. I don't think we can ignore either his sexual identity issues, or his religious identity issues. Both played a role as far as I can tell. One doesn't have sexual identity issues in a vacuum.

Yup.

I see people are eager to dismiss the ISIS affiliation. The ideology ISIS promotes appealed to this loser as he sank. But... I guess since he wasn't a time-tested ISIS soldier... it doesn't count?

Yah. Not sure about that. Placing limitations on ISIS' influence.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,457
    Who wants to bet me we will be debating this issue for the next 15 yrs and nothing will have been done and how many more massacres will have happened in that time ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options

Who wants to bet me we will be debating this issue for the next 15 yrs and nothing will have been done and how many more massacres will have happened in that time ...

This is the reality. It's been said countless times: if Sandy Hook couldn't serve as the catalyst for meaningful legislation- or for changing the mindsets of gun worshippers-... then nothing can.
  • Options

This is the reality. It's been said countless times: if Sandy Hook couldn't serve as the catalyst for meaningful legislation- or for changing the mindsets of gun worshippers-... then nothing can.
    Yep, time to stop wasting so much damn money that could be effective elsewhere!
  • Options

jeffbr said:

Yup.

I see people are eager to dismiss the ISIS affiliation. The ideology ISIS promotes appealed to this loser as he sank. But... I guess since he wasn't a time-tested ISIS soldier... it doesn't count?

I don't think anyone is dismissing it, as much as they/I are questioning his true motives, which we will likely never know either way.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

jeffbr said:

Yup.

I don't think anyone is dismissing it, as much as they/I are questioning his true motives, which we will likely never know either way.
    Maybe. Some comments sure seem to read that way though.

I think Jeffbr nailed it though. A gay guy unable to reconcile his reality with his messed up religious beliefs- ultimately going all in on religion.
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,275
    why would a closeted gay man pledge alliegence to an organization that would have surely tortured and killed him if they knew his sexual orientation?

pledging to isis in that scenario makes no sense at all. that would be like me pledging alliegence to the israeli government before murdering a bunch of people.

this guy knew he was going to die, whether by cop or by suicide. i believe he said it for attention because he knew the worldwide media would report it.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options

jeffbr said:

Yup.

Maybe. Some comments sure seem to read that way though.

I think Jeffbr nailed it though. A gay guy unable to reconcile his reality with his messed up religious beliefs- ultimately going all in on religion.
    yeah, that's probably the way it was.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

why would a closeted gay man pledge alliegence to an organization that would have surely tortured and killed him if they knew his sexual orientation?

pledging to isis in that scenario makes no sense at all. that would be like me pledging alliegence to the israeli government before murdering a bunch of people.

this guy knew he was going to die, whether by cop or by suicide. i believe he said it for attention because he knew the worldwide media would report it.

Guilt and shame leading him to denounce homosexuality- like you can do that- and kill homosexuals in the hopes of salvation.
  • Options

Guilt and shame leading him to denounce homosexuality- like you can do that- and kill homosexuals in the hopes of salvation.
    All in the name of isis. What a Crazy fucking guy.
  • Options
    I am not at all convinced that it was all in the name of ISIS. Not really. Sounds to me like this guy's ideas were all muddled up.
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:

In other words let the massacres keep happening no big deal who cares if every couple of months another 20 or innocent people get mowed down I'm glad you have the stomach for it but I've had my fill of massacres , so yeah let's never do anything about and just keep manufacturing guns guns for everyone!!
  • Options

PJPOWER said:

In other words let the massacres keep happening no big deal who cares if every couple of months another 20 or innocent people get mowed down I'm glad you have the stomach for it but I've had my fill of massacres , so yeah let's never do anything about and just keep manufacturing guns guns for everyone!!
    I do not remember saying what you made up in your head to conclude I was saying... Just suggesting focusing on other ways of curbing gun violence that may be effective instead of wasting money...
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

I do not remember saying what you made up in your head to conclude I was saying... Just suggesting focusing on other ways of curbing gun violence that may be effective instead of wasting money...
    I stand corrected I took your post to mean something else ..
  • Options
    DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    PJ_Soul said:

I am not at all convinced that it was all in the name of ISIS. Not really. Sounds to me like this guy's ideas were all muddled up.

I don't really think ISIS had much to do,with this at all. He used isis as a distraction so, in his mind, people wouldn't find out about his homosexuality.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

I don't really think ISIS had much to do,with this at all. He used isis as a distraction so, in his mind, people wouldn't find out about his homosexuality.
    Either way using ISIS is a fucked up way of thinking.
    To even give way to exonerate that way of thinking is fucked up.
  • Options
    Stickman12Stickman12 Posts: 504
    The ISIS thing must be a late April fools joke then? he was christian then right?? and the FBI was watching him for shits and giggles? now this is making sense.
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    One of my dipshit neighbors was shooting his new "Obama gun" today. Fucking annoying.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,389
    rgambs said:

One of my dipshit neighbors was shooting his new "Obama gun" today. Fucking annoying.

He's a blowhard whom likes his own voice?
This discussion has been closed.