Options

Tomorrows the 10th

Comments

• Options
    TN49724TN49724 Posts: 99
    igotid88 said:
    TN49724 said:
    So is the single coming Tuesday or the entire album?  Or we still don’t know.  
    Single 
    Thank you. And thank you for not sending me a cipher that required decoding.  PJ should hire you. 
  • Options
    whoyouare72whoyouare72 Chicago IL Posts: 2,077
    se7v7en said:
    on2legs said:
    We all knew the info wasn’t dropping until Tuesday so no one should have really expected news today.  I like that the email was blank - I know no one here had that one their scorecard. So it was a good gotcha moment.  Remember…  It’s a tease and we only have to wait until Tuesday.   Well done Pearl Jam.  
    Exactly!
    All those posting about being over 40 certaintly don't sound it based on the crybaby whining.  I mean what is the difference? A tease is a tease.  Would text saying dark matter single released Feb 13th really give you any new info?
    Both of these posts are perfect! I think it’s genius, marketing!!
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,422
    mr_chatr said:
    Hi everyone, 
    what song do you’ll think will be released off the 11 songs that’s part of this album!?
    Something Special
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    OfThePearlOfThePearl Posts: 666
    pjl44 said:
    on2legs said:
    We all knew the info wasn’t dropping until Tuesday so no one should have really expected news today.  I like that the email was blank - I know no one here had that one their scorecard. So it was a good gotcha moment.  Remember…  It’s a tease and we only have to wait until Tuesday.   Well done Pearl Jam.  
    I'm fine with waiting until Tues. I just don't like wasting an hour and a half trying to get something out of a NEWSletter, when its "nothing to see here", and I could have been done with it in 2 minutes. 
    What in the world did you do for an hour and a half?
    The same thing the people on the last several pages were doing.
  • Options
    THEBIBLEISTENTHEBIBLEISTEN Posts: 1,704
    se7v7en said:
    on2legs said:
    Exactly!
    All those posting about being over 40 certaintly don't sound it based on the crybaby whining.  I mean what is the difference? A tease is a tease.  Would text saying dark matter single released Feb 13th really give you any new info?
    Both of these posts are perfect! I think it’s genius, marketing!!
    Genius? Really? 
  • Options
    ChadsStillAliveChadsStillAlive Indianapolis Posts: 450
    Isn’t Marcus king a big maga guy? Can’t see them working/touring with him if that’s the case. Maybe it’s a just a clue?
    I doubt it’s intentional that the link is taking people to King. Probably just an incidental thing on the Universal site and people are making nothing into something. Also see: the entire tour rumor thread.
    To my knowledge he is not a big MAGA guy. Seen him multiple times. Jam band, Allman bros type music. Not really political at all in his music.
    I doubted it when I read this, so I did some research and it looks like he is indeed a MAGA dude. Oh well, great music regardless. 
    I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side.
    I am right by your side.
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,488
    pjl44 said:
    on2legs said:
    I'm fine with waiting until Tues. I just don't like wasting an hour and a half trying to get something out of a NEWSletter, when its "nothing to see here", and I could have been done with it in 2 minutes. 

I was at a basketball game with my daughter.  I checked the email about 130pm and saw it was blank.  I realized it was probably a tease and a play on the Dark Matter theme.  I checked in here and saw some people smarter than me found the hidden text that I didn't even bother to look for so I didn't really have much time invested in it.  So maybe we can both have two different but correct feelings about it.  =)
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    ChadsStillAliveChadsStillAlive Indianapolis Posts: 450
    Absolutely hilarious how flustered people are getting over a simple, thematic tease email. It’s not some incredible idea, but whatever…just a simple wink wink concept. Relax. Or don’t, I guess…we’re all allowed to expend precious energy on whatever we want. 🤷🏻‍♂️
    I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side.
    I am right by your side.
  • Options
    Sack the Manager
    Rock Werchter 4 july - 2010, Arras 3 july - 2010, Berlin Wuhlheide - June 30, 2010, Odyssey arena Belfast - 23 june 2010, O2 arena Dublin - june 22 2010, O2 arena London - Aug 18, 2009, Manchester Evening News Arena - Aug 17, 2009, Berlin Wuhlheide - Aug 15, 2009, Copenhagen 2007-06-26 Forum, London 2007-06-18 Wembley Arena, Prague 2006-09-22 Sazka Arena, Denmark 2000-06-30 Roskilde Festival, Stockholm on August 12th Mirrorball tour with Neil Young, Oslo 1993-06-27 Isle of Calf Festival(Kalvoya), Oslo Secret Club Concert 1993-06-26 Sentrum Scene
  • Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,535
    BR223133 said:
    It's got an Al Capone's vault vibe
    LOL
    You know, that should have been their out to save face when Capone's vault turned up "empty": "No, it's full of dark matter!" (Because dark matter is everywhere, this would have technically been true.)
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options
    spankyMP said:
    spankyMP said:

LOL

Love your screen name!
    Look where all this talking got us, baby...
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,959
    se7v7en said:
    on2legs said:
    Exactly!
    People over 40 can't crybaby whine?  damn.

I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,361
    On the bright side I was out doing errands at 1pm ET today. 
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    What a load of shit
    lol. Agreed.  Harry and Taylor fans would be all over this.  We are all in our 40s and above, just give us new music without scouring the internet.  
    Taylor Swift actually gives her fans real puzzles to solve that lead to actual content.
  • Options
    THEBIBLEISTENTHEBIBLEISTEN Posts: 1,704
    You guys think Boom figured this out? 
  • Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,361
    You guys think Boom figured this out? 
    It was his idea 
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    JimmyV said:
    A simple countdown clock would be cooler than this. No use for either Apple or Spotify. 
    I don't use any music streaming services either, so I just assume this single will show up on YouTube Monday night on Pearl Jam's official account. I'll listen to it there until the CD comes out.
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,152
    edited February 10
    PJlive said:
    Black Hole, maybe that is where our presidents brain can be found? =)

Reported for racism.  Why’s it gotta be black?
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    OfThePearlOfThePearl Posts: 666
    on2legs said:
    pjl44 said:
    on2legs said:

I was at a basketball game with my daughter.  I checked the email about 130pm and saw it was blank.  I realized it was probably a tease and a play on the Dark Matter theme.  I checked in here and saw some people smarter than me found the hidden text that I didn't even bother to look for so I didn't really have much time invested in it.  So maybe we can both have two different but correct feelings about it.  =)
    You spent your time much more wisely than I did! 
  • Options
    JimmyV said:
    Tuesday should be a fun day. 
    I need some work done on my car, and Tuesday is the best day for me to bring it to the mechanic. I originally tried to make an appointment for this Tuesday, then I remembered it was the 13th, and made the appointment for the following Tuesday.
  • Options
    sfrdudersfrduder Posts: 263

• Options
    Vedd Hedd said:
    for those late to the game, the email just looks blank, because its a tease for Dark Matter.  If you click in the email, it will take you to a page where you can pre-save the album on spotify or itunes. Some people looked in the code and saw that it will be available on Feb 13th.   So, we will get more information then.  You aren't missing anything if you cant figure out the email.  I personally enjoyed the easter eggs, of course I would rather have the album and single right now versus later today, tomorrow or on the 13th. But I like that they are messing with people.  I prefer this than a standard 10th of the month email.  
    Is it clear that it's the album you're pre-saving? And not just the song "Dark Matter"? It would be more consistent with music-industry practice for the single to drop Tuesday/Monday night with the album to come later.
  • Options
    Hawk123Hawk123 Posts: 2,006
    The newsletter was going to be nothing anyways, so not really missing out on anything
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,526
    BF25394 said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    for those late to the game, the email just looks blank, because its a tease for Dark Matter.  If you click in the email, it will take you to a page where you can pre-save the album on spotify or itunes. Some people looked in the code and saw that it will be available on Feb 13th.   So, we will get more information then.  You aren't missing anything if you cant figure out the email.  I personally enjoyed the easter eggs, of course I would rather have the album and single right now versus later today, tomorrow or on the 13th. But I like that they are messing with people.  I prefer this than a standard 10th of the month email.  
    Is it clear that it's the album you're pre-saving? And not just the song "Dark Matter"? It would be more consistent with music-industry practice for the single to drop Tuesday/Monday night with the album to come later.
    Someone looked at the code and it seems like there were mutliple singles for future dates too. I think the single is dropping tuesday, and the album announcment is coming tuesday. I don't think we are getting tour dates tuesday, but most people think we are. 
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Options
    To paraphrase a song I heard once or a thousand times:

Confusion is to promotion
    What love is to our devotion
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,959
    BF25394 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    What a load of shit
    lol. Agreed.  Harry and Taylor fans would be all over this.  We are all in our 40s and above, just give us new music without scouring the internet.  
    Taylor Swift actually gives her fans real puzzles to solve that lead to actual content.
    ha ha.  facts!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    BSullyBSully Indiana Posts: 1,075
    Absolutely hilarious how flustered people are getting over a simple, thematic tease email. It’s not some incredible idea, but whatever…just a simple wink wink concept. Relax. Or don’t, I guess…we’re all allowed to expend precious energy on whatever we want. 🤷🏻‍♂️
    I think this is sort of fun. If we didn't have any of this medium to scour over every inch of every post, we would be sitting here with nothing until an announcement happened on the 13th (or whatever day it happens). 
    The fact that we have something to get excited about as fans is good enough for me. 
    I know we are getting an album and a tour and I don't mind how they let me know, as long as I find out. 
    1998: Noblesville, IN 08-17
    2000: Noblesville, IN 08-18
    2003: Noblesville, IN 06-22
    2006: Cincinnati, OH 06-24
    2010: Noblesville, IN 05-07
    2016: Lexington, KY 04-26, Wrigley Field 2 08-22
    2018: Wrigley Field 1 08-18, Wrigley Field 2 08-20
    2022: St. Louis, MO 09-18
    2024: Noblesville, IN 08-26, Wrigley Field 1 08-29, Wrigley Field 2 08-31
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,486
    BF25394 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    What a load of shit
    People were upset with the Backspacer and Gigaton promotions as well
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    Relax, it’s a dark matter black hole email.

Black Holes

Black holes are among the most mysterious cosmic objects, much studied but not fully understood. These objects aren’t really holes. They’re huge concentrations of matter packed into very tiny spaces. A black hole is so dense that gravity just beneath its surface, the event horizon, is strong enough that nothing – not even light – can escape. The event horizon isn’t a surface like Earth’s or even the Sun’s. It’s a boundary that contains all the matter that makes up the black hole.

There is much we don’t know about black holes, like what matter looks like inside their event horizons. However, there is a lot that pearl jam fans do know about black holes.

Let's not confuse black holes and dark matter, which are distinct concepts. Dark matter permeates the universe. Black holes occur throughout the universe, but they are mostly isolated phenomena.
  • Options
    igotid88 said:
    BF25394 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    What a load of shit
    People were upset with the Backspacer and Gigaton promotions as well
    Were people upset about the turtle?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"