Options

Fan Club Scalpers

Comments

• Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    Get nowhere if you fight about it lol....
  • Options
    voodoopugvoodoopug Posts: 1,011
    Correct. We need to trust that notifying Santos is the best course and they'll take care of it like the always do! Getting angry only leads to elevated stress
    There's Pearl Jam, The Rolling Stones, Chuck Berry, Robert Johnson......and then everybody else.
  • Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,846

Scalper will be identified and dealt with. Please forward any scalper info to: santos_l_halper@tenclub.net
    slh

=D> :>
  • Options
    foodboyfoodboy Posts: 988
    these instances are not the majority.don't get your knickers in a knot over a couple of seats.cool down . if it was rampant then yes. but i think 98 percent or 99 percent will use what they got. even with ticketless option there is still ways around it. best thing is to just get him kicked out. one and done. how many of you are really willing to spend 2000 for a pair of seats that doesn't guarantee being first row . its still ga. relax and enjoy the tour and the shows. its not an epidemic. 10club find this guy and post that he is now out. that will be the biggest deterrent .
  • Options
    it would be fun to see it all go down...like with the photographer in the "secret" movie...I loved watching that guy squirm
    "No way to save someone who won't take the rope,and just lets go..."
  • Options
    quimby20quimby20 Posts: 823
    I like that idea^^^^^. Show 10c takes this seriously
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,772
    Just to add...the no-scalping policy applies to any tickets that are offered here in the forums. Just let us know if you see non-fan club tix scalping, thanks. We only support face-value.
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,307
    Even if this person gets caught and banned from the club , he/she can allways have some one else from his family/friends join the club and do the same thing again , this system is not scalper proof ....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,822
    one possibility is its all bullshit. playing on the rabidness that is our entitled fanbase.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Glad to see our Ten Club funds in action. Thanks Kat and Santos!
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    edited May 2014

The person is a douche, plain and simple. I've made decent $ over the years as a re-seller, including VH (3rd Row Center) and Prince (2nd Row Center) tickets that I sold for over $1,000 each. As my name here implies, I'm an addict... I use my profits to fund my concert addiction. In the case of VH, I netted about $650 after buying another really good seat, and Prince I netted a little over $100 and got a 2nd Row Left seat. (face on Prince's "VIPs" was about $450.... and the VIP was meaningless... no extras.)

That said, the two times I got GA from PJ were for Missoula and Seattle, which were very far from home. It was very tempting to list one of them on CL for a large profit to help defray my travel costs, but I respected the band's wishes. I sold both at cost to a 10C fan, and Seattle I could have gotten $500 from a guy standing by the Will Call window... I still didn't have the other guy's $, but I wasn't going to fuck him and take the extra $400+.

Fuck this Detroit douche. Karma, Bay-BEE... Karma.

this is funny...sorry but your wrong on so many counts
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,869
    seriously folks, yes he/she is a jag for violating the sacred no scalp pact, but physical violence really? Joke or not, call for his membership to be revoked, but Santos violence requests, this is not the mafia, and Santos is not Don Corleone
  • Options
    EddieshometownEddieshometown Evanston, IL Posts: 974
    I thought Pearl Jam would never tour again after their fight to bring affordable tickets to their fans.. The tickets that he's selling should be in the hands of someone who was shut out in the lottery.
    6/26/98 & 6/27/98 - Alpine Valley, 10/9/00 - Allstate Arena - Rosemont, IL 6/18/2003 - United Center, 5/16/2006 - United Center,
    5/17/2006 - United Center (7th row center, caught Eddie's pick), 6/29/2006 - Summerfest with Tom Petty,
    8/24/2009 - United Center, 7/19/2013 - Wrigley Field, 10/3/2014 - St Louis, 10/17/2014 - Moline (GA), 10/20/2014 - Milwaukee,
    5/14/2015 - Pete Townshend/EV, 8/20/16 & 8/22/16 Wrigley Field Part 2&3, 8/18/18 & 8/20/18 Wrigley Parts 4 & 5, 9/18/2022 - St Louis
  • Options
    dkast85dkast85 NYC area Posts: 99
    Email the guy asking him to buy the tickets. Get his email address and contact 10C. Problem solved.
    @DaveKast
    "Memory is the only paradise from which we cannot be driven." - Jean P. Richter
    Phoenix 2013, LA 1 2013, Ft. Lauderdale 2016, Miami 2016, Philly 1 2016, MSG 1 2016, MSG 2 2016, Fenway 2 2016.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,559
    edited May 2014
    10C really needs to tweek its ticket pickup policy - force people to enter the venue and then pick up their tix/wristband inside the door, and put on said wristband there too. That would make it impossible to scalp GA tix. Sure it would take a bit more manpower to make sure it went smoothly, but big deal. I've seen it work, so it's totally doable. But meanwhile, incentives see that SLH is going to try and take some action!
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,559
    hrd2imgn said:

seriously folks, yes he/she is a jag for violating the sacred no scalp pact, but physical violence really? Joke or not, call for his membership to be revoked, but Santos violence requests, this is not the mafia, and Santos is not Don Corleone

Pretty sure they were just kidding.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Nami said:

The person is a douche, plain and simple. I've made decent $ over the years as a re-seller, including VH (3rd Row Center) and Prince (2nd Row Center) tickets that I sold for over $1,000 each. As my name here implies, I'm an addict... I use my profits to fund my concert addiction. In the case of VH, I netted about $650 after buying another really good seat, and Prince I netted a little over $100 and got a 2nd Row Left seat. (face on Prince's "VIPs" was about $450.... and the VIP was meaningless... no extras.)

That said, the two times I got GA from PJ were for Missoula and Seattle, which were very far from home. It was very tempting to list one of them on CL for a large profit to help defray my travel costs, but I respected the band's wishes. I sold both at cost to a 10C fan, and Seattle I could have gotten $500 from a guy standing by the Will Call window... I still didn't have the other guy's $, but I wasn't going to fuck him and take the extra $400+.

Fuck this Detroit douche. Karma, Bay-BEE... Karma.

this is funny...sorry but your wrong on so many counts
    Didn't realize I had more than a few counts ;) Where did I really drop the ball?
    Last Philly Spectrum Show - Halloween 2009
    MSG 1 & 2 2010
    Montreal 2011
    Missoula 2012
    Seattle 2013
    Denver 2014
    Central Park NYC 2015
    Sunrise 2016
    Wrigley 2 2016
    Seattle 1 2018
    ~~~~~~~
    EV NYC 2 2011
    RNDM NYC 2012
    TOTD SF 2016

Highlights Of Last Spectrum Show
    Mike DESTROYING in Seattle 2013

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro" - HST

Instagram (great concert shots of many bands):  concertaholic
  • Options
    whitepantswhitepants Posts: 723
    And this asshole got the GA tickets I wanted and would have never, ever sold.

In case of an unimaginable emergency that would have prevented me from attending, I would have sold them at face value.

the fool who buys those tickets are as much assholes as the asshole seller.

Dear Ten Clubbers and/or Intrepid Moderators,
    Please take a few moments to check out this abhorrent disgrace:

http://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/tix/4492818865.html

This is a firsthand example of how true fans get shat on. To quote the Craigslist poster, "rock on"...

-Hypnotist Collector

~*~Me and Hippiemom dranketh the red wine in Cleveland 2003~*~

First PJ Show: March 20, 1994 | Ann Arbor | Crisler Arena
  • Options
    zarocatzarocat Posts: 1,901
    edited May 2014

I've never been to a show at "Teh Joe" before.

Exactly.
    1996: Toronto
    1998: Barrie
    2000: Montreal, Toronto, Auburn Hills
    2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal
    2004: Boston X2, Grand Rapids
    2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto
    2006: Toronto X2
    2009: Toronto
    2011: PJ20, Montreal, Toronto X2, Hamilton
    2012: Manchester X2, Amsterdam X2, Prague, Berlin X2, Philadelphia, Missoula
    2013: Pittsburg, Buffalo
    2014: Milan, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo, Detroit
    2016: Ottawa, Toronto X2
    2018: Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona
    2022: Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto
    2023: Chicago X2
    2024: Noblesville 
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,837

ComeToTX said:

There's scalpers now that join to access GA tickets. Not really surprising.

I wouldn't call people who do this actual scalpers, more like individuals trying to turn a profit. Scalpers get blocks of tickets to concerts, not a single pair of GA's, it's not worth their time.
    They can make a 100x more getting 50 tickets around the arena and selling those...plus, said scalpers would have to be in the city on the date in question to pick up the tickets, arrange a meeting with the person, etc. This is not how a scalper operates.

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    Im not worry at all..10c take care always this things as did always in the past....thats why u see one or two times tops per tour someone list for sale 10c tickets...10c doing a great job protecting fan club tix...from the other hand ticketmasteris the joy of scalpers.....
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    weddingparadeweddingparade Posts: 1,179
    it only costs $20 to gamble

some people like to gamble because they can make money
  • Options
    know1know1 Posts: 6,763
    When I picked up my Wrigley field seats, I was offered $500a piece for them immediately and the guy didn't even know where they were located. I could have made big money since they were pretty good seats. Seeing this band is worth more to me than that.
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,901

This is a firsthand example of how true fans get shat on. To quote the Craigslist poster, "rock on"...

-Hypnotist Collector

I have a pair of fan club GA tix for the upcoming Pearl Jam show at "Teh Joe"

They don't have spell check over @ Craigslist? Where the hell is "Teh Joe"?

• Options
    silentJsilentJ Columbus, OH Posts: 199
    I am a long time fan (in high school when Ten came out and loved them since). I've been going to shows since 2000 but only joined 10C last year when my good friend led me there. I was very VERY grateful when me and my buddy BOTH won GA for San Diego. He brought his wife and mine had to stay home with the little one. What did I do with my extra ticket? I had my friend search the porch for a long time member who lost the lottery and gave him my extra ticket FREE. Why? Because that is the spirit of Pearl Jam and this excellent community of music lovers that I now feel privileged to be a part of.

I could have scalped it to pay for my expenses from Ohio to San Diego. I didn't because that would have been a slap in the face to the reason a club member newbie was almost touching the stage.

I lost the cinci lottery and bought a TM seat and am just happy to see them again so soon.

I think people like this should be found and kicked out of the 10C
  • Options
    RedMosquito02RedMosquito02 Posts: 2,560

-Hypnotist Collector

The lottery is heaven on earth for scalpers.

Best possible situation for them.
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    Not necessarily lottery as much as the design of the ga option.

Taking the highest 10c numbers and going exclusively for the best seats in the house (and they can sell for that much), while learning months ahead of time is a much better atmosphere for scalpers and fans trying to finance their tours.

I've said it a million times. I apologize but can't help myself. One show option with a check box to opt out of ga. Either handle ga like the 1-2 and 9-10 row lotteries where nobody knows until they pick up tix (would also prevent peeps from lining up in the am)... or just have a ga lottery of the winners right after the lottery for tickets.

Reserved seats with fan club numbers in the 500xxxs aren't nearly as "lucrative" as ga 5 months ahead of time
  • Options
    RedMosquito02RedMosquito02 Posts: 2,560
    MayDay10 said:

Not necessarily lottery as much as the design of the ga option.

Taking the highest 10c numbers and going exclusively for the best seats in the house (and they can sell for that much), while learning months ahead of time is a much better atmosphere for scalpers and fans trying to finance their tours.

I've said it a million times. I apologize but can't help myself. One show option with a check box to opt out of ga. Either handle ga like the 1-2 and 9-10 row lotteries where nobody knows until they pick up tix (would also prevent peeps from lining up in the am)... or just have a ga lottery of the winners right after the lottery for tickets.

Reserved seats with fan club numbers in the 500xxxs aren't nearly as "lucrative" as ga 5 months ahead of time

Great point.

Everyone has the same chance to get tix including thousands and thousands of scalpers.
  • Options
    pledgeagrievancepledgeagrievance Posts: 2,815

Scalper will be identified and dealt with. Please forward any scalper info to: santos_l_halper@tenclub.net
    slh

Holy shit that's bad ass!

• Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,837
    edited May 2014

The lottery is heaven on earth for scalpers.

Best possible situation for them.

No it's not. Lady Gaga and One Direction are heaven on earth for scalpers. Throw in New York, Philly and Boston into this tour and most of the remaining shows wouldn't sell out. Scalper heaven is when an artist sells out the majority of their shows in 10-30 mins on TM.