Dublin crew!!!

Comments

• V VV V Posts: 5,191
    oh and I need to say

What a FUCKING great night :D:D:D:D:D
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    V V wrote:
    Dave ~ I O U a pint ;)
    I believe I do too.. Wembley pre-show..
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    V V wrote:
    Oh i did make a point of looking ! hahahaha i mean with Ed its in ur face :eek: :D needed to know where my other fav man was hanging :D hahahaha
    :D Not as in your face as Ed! :o
  • wash_wash_ Posts: 1,073
    Rita, the M&G sounds brilliant!

Hopefully your mention of the 18th has given him something to think about! :D:D

Awesome night. Wasn't expecting it to be THAT great. My neck still hurts :)
    2006 ░▒▓ Astoria, Dublin, Leeds, Reading, Lisbon, Paris, Verona, Athens
    2007 ░▒▓ London, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009 ░▒▓ Manchester, London
    2010 ░▒▓ Hyde Park

*§* Music is all the juice i'll need *§*
  • Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    Anyone listen to incubus? I've just decided I really really like them. I've had light grenades in my discman for a couple of weeks now and I'm still not even CLOSE to sick of it :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861
    Anyone listen to incubus? I've just decided I really really like them. I've had light grenades in my discman for a couple of weeks now and I'm still not even CLOSE to sick of it :)

i love morning view, great album.
    They put on a good show as well, saw them back in 02 or 03 or something like that. Whenever they did the morning view tour in australia
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Anyone listen to incubus?

no
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861
    dunkman wrote:
    no
    i beg to differ. i listen occasionaly :p
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
    i beg to differ. i listen occasionaly :p

fine
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340

They're playing Ireland in October, Hells, in the National Stadium! Ligth Grenades is a good album, but I recommend Morning View, Make Yourself and pretty much all their other albums too!!
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • BuruBuru Posts: 8,473
    redrock wrote:
    Well....
    This is how the evening went.... met up with Pip, went to the George (Wash was already there), ate, drank, other people arriving, drank, chatted, drank, went to sell my spare tickets.... then finally just before 7 joined the queue....
    Being the important person I am, went into a separate queue (heather was in that one too!)
    Got to the front... facepollution and his friend nick were there....
    Pippa and V were a couple of rows back but got pippa in front of me in between face and nick... then...... THE MAN CAME OUT.. Woot!!!!! What a gig!

Looooooooooovely Chris..... loooooooooovely tummy..... V.. he dresses on the right ;):o

Then..... the M&G... :D (have to use smilies sparsley)

we were led to the balcony area and, when we queued, the NME winners got AN ADVANCE COPY OF THE CD! :D
    then we got up and they were on the balcony behind a table... all in a row starting with yogi, then chris, then the other guitar player, the drummer and the bass player (don't know their names)...
    Chatted to all of them over the table.. yogi is REALLY sweet
    told him he NEEDED to be in wembley with PJ.. he laughed and said 'now why would I want to do that?'... (He knew damn well why!)
    I said because we would REALLY like him to. Laughed again (ooOOoo.. his laugh!) Said he wasn't doing anything that day.. was supposed to be in Paris... so you never know!
    Also joked about with the bass player and the drummer... they were saying they were insane.... I believe them.
    The other guitar player was a bit quiter.
    Got the temple of the dog insert signed by Chris for Gabrielle, He asked how old she was and does she really like TOD and the rest. Said , sings the songs in her shower.. He asked why wasn't she at the concert, told him because she was only 12, Then he said he had two kids (like who doesn't know!) and they can come to his gigs..Got Carry On signed by all!

And Yogi is playing his own gig in Notting Hill tonight.. he said we must all go see him.. it's free.

They were all sooooo chilled and relaxed.. it was lovely... Oh.. heather... not showered!

Of course security guys were a bit shit.... but hey.. they always are at the astoria!

Wow... that is brilliant, Rita!
    Wow wow wow :D
    y la banda de Guille... cuando toca?
    Jennytree wrote:
    They're playing Ireland in October, Hells, in the National Stadium! Ligth Grenades is a good album, but I recommend Morning View, Make Yourself and pretty much all their other albums too!!
    Really? Is it sold out? I have morning view at home, listened to it a couple years back and didn't really fall for it :o but that's me.

My neighbour just called me to see if I ordered a load of sand and cement cos apparently there's 15 bags of cement on my doorstep and a mountain of sand in the driveway :eek:

Lol, nobody obviously ordered it :D I rang my housemate who's off today and he was just laughing... he can't get his car out cos they dumped it in front of it :confused: what the fuck?
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Still on a high. What an amazing night. Thanks Rita for getting me to the front row :)

Can't believe he winked at me during Hunger Strike *swoons* and everytime he lifted his arms *swoons again* ... from the first time he did it I couldn't wait for Jesus Christ Pose ;)

The band were amazing drummer is mental and the bass player just looked like he was having the best time ... in fact all of them did ... messing around the whole show. Loved it when Yogi ran round the bassist trying to trap him in his lead and the guitar tech had to release him :D

Again, again I wanna do it again :p
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    Jennytree wrote:

I've only got Make Yourself and Crow Left Of The Murder, out of which I absolutely LOVE Make Yourself!!!! there are some brilliant tunes on CLOTM aswell though. :)
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
    dunkman wrote:
    no
    so what are ya waiting for then? :cool:

I listened to KOL and Arcade Fire cos you made me... so I'm making ya listen to incubus :cool:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • nutmeg81nutmeg81 Posts: 627
    well now helen they cancelled their olympia gig....and re-scheduled for the
    national stadium.....dont think it sold out!

saw em in the point in '03 or '04 great gig!
    26/10/96 dublin
    01/06/00 dublin
    23/08/06 dublin
    11/09/06 paris
    18/06/07 london
    17/08/09 manchester
    18/08/09 london
    nutmeg81 wrote:
    well now helen they cancelled their olympia gig....and re-scheduled for the
    national stadium.....dont think it sold out!

saw em in the point in '03 or '04 great gig!
    shite, well I think that's gonna have to be added to my 'concerts to go to this year' list :o

Well, off home with me :) Bye y'all.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • nutmeg81nutmeg81 Posts: 627
    u headin to apples in stereo tonight?
    26/10/96 dublin
    01/06/00 dublin
    23/08/06 dublin
    11/09/06 paris
    18/06/07 london
    17/08/09 manchester
    18/08/09 london
  • darkcrowdarkcrow Posts: 1,102
    redrock wrote:
    Well....
    This is how the evening went.... met up with Pip, went to the George (Wash was already there), ate, drank, other people arriving, drank, chatted, drank, went to sell my spare tickets.... then finally just before 7 joined the queue....
    Being the important person I am, went into a separate queue (heather was in that one too!)
    Got to the front... facepollution and his friend nick were there....
    Pippa and V were a couple of rows back but got pippa in front of me in between face and nick... then...... THE MAN CAME OUT.. Woot!!!!! What a gig!

Looooooooooovely Chris..... loooooooooovely tummy..... V.. he dresses on the right ;):o

Then..... the M&G... :D (have to use smilies sparsley)

we were led to the balcony area and, when we queued, the NME winners got AN ADVANCE COPY OF THE CD! :D
    then we got up and they were on the balcony behind a table... all in a row starting with yogi, then chris, then the other guitar player, the drummer and the bass player (don't know their names)...
    Chatted to all of them over the table.. yogi is REALLY sweet
    told him he NEEDED to be in wembley with PJ.. he laughed and said 'now why would I want to do that?'... (He knew damn well why!)
    I said because we would REALLY like him to. Laughed again (ooOOoo.. his laugh!) Said he wasn't doing anything that day.. was supposed to be in Paris... so you never know!
    Also joked about with the bass player and the drummer... they were saying they were insane.... I believe them.
    The other guitar player was a bit quiter.
    Got the temple of the dog insert signed by Chris for Gabrielle, He asked how old she was and does she really like TOD and the rest. Said , sings the songs in her shower.. He asked why wasn't she at the concert, told him because she was only 12, Then he said he had two kids (like who doesn't know!) and they can come to his gigs..Got Carry On signed by all!

And Yogi is playing his own gig in Notting Hill tonight.. he said we must all go see him.. it's free.

They were all sooooo chilled and relaxed.. it was lovely... Oh.. heather... not showered!

Of course security guys were a bit shit.... but hey.. they always are at the astoria!

lucky cow LOL cant beleive you met the legend!!! why oh why did they have to play during my exams? damn it... oh well exams are over now :D yay...
  • UKDaveUKDave Posts: 5,557
    V V wrote:
    Dave ~ I O U a pint ;)

I owe some Brazilian guy a pint, who was he? :o
    Astoria Crew
    Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight...
    Astoria, Dublin, Reading 06
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    This is just g'bye for now...
    so what are ya waiting for then? :cool:

I listened to KOL and Arcade Fire cos you made me... so I'm making ya listen to incubus :cool:

ok... just for you i will :)
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    UKDave wrote:
    I owe some Brazilian guy a pint, who was he? :o

Claudio I think :confused: he was at Dunk's drinks.

I owe you for the taxi :o
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • UKDaveUKDave Posts: 5,557
    Chime wrote:
    Claudio I think :confused: he was at Dunk's drinks.

I owe you for the taxi :o

Nah... think that's only fair as the stayer overer... ;):D
    Astoria Crew
    Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight...
    Astoria, Dublin, Reading 06
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    This is just g'bye for now...
  • stonesgstringstonesgstring Posts: 4,613
    *tsk tsk* Chris has three kids. Naughty man. Typical man I suppose I should say :rolleyes: :D
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
    *tsk tsk* Chris has three kids. Naughty man. Typical man I suppose I should say :rolleyes: :D

am i the only person confused by this post :confused:

he's typical cos he has 3 kids? :confused:
    Morning everyone!
    Hey Dunk!
    Stoney... that is a confusing post.... Nevertheless, lovely hearing from you! :D
  • Morning...Going to the doctors in a bit, to try and determine what the swelling in my neck is. I'm REALLY nervous.

Hi Caz, Dunk, Red :)
    Hey Rob... thought you were going to the doctor's days ago!
  • redrock wrote:
    Hey Rob... thought you were going to the doctor's days ago!
    This is the earliest they could get me an appointment, seeing as I wasn't bleeding or anything. Good old NHS eh?
  • V VV V Posts: 5,191

he had a child with his first wife ? i think he did
    yeah a little naughty to forget but maybe he didnt really raise them **shrugs**
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!