Dublin crew!!!

Comments

• chimechime Posts: 7,838
    I'm a twixaholic but no more :(

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/6653175.stm - V, Robin when you're in the mood just thought I'd put a warning out there ... seems like a step backwards somehow ... I'm really disappointed :mad:
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    redrock wrote:
    Pippa! Dave!!!!!!! GOT AN E-MAIL!!!!!!! I WON the M&G!!!! :D:D:D:D:D
    Damn.. only 5 smilies.....

really? whoa, niceness lady. *smile*

I mean, I'm not a fan at all but yey for you!

and with that, I think I'll be leaving you girls to your CC talk and check out some other threads. hehe.
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • KeithosKeithos Posts: 853
    Hello folks! What are the meeting plans for today? I presume the George?
  • Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    Well done Red....delighted for ya :D

I see the Scott Matthews revolution has begun....spread the word people :D
    I need a coffee!
  • jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    Chime wrote:
    I'm a twixaholic but no more :(

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/6653175.stm - V, Robin when you're in the mood just thought I'd put a warning out there ... seems like a step backwards somehow ... I'm really disappointed :mad:

i guess if you're a vegetarian that's veal-ly disappointing news... :eek:

:o
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • Irish Al wrote:
    Well done Red....delighted for ya :D

I see the Scott Matthews revolution has begun....spread the word people :D
    If you check "threads started by Scratchin" you'll find I attempted to spread the word quite a few months back. Alas, nobody replied as they'd rather listen to Radiohead or something.

Pip-I don't eat anything of theirs anyway. I know of a guy who worked at the factory in Slough and he had some pretty scary stories about the place..for all know he was telling porkies (pun) but even if so I'm not a fan of their chocolate. M&Ms are alright though I suppose.

So have all the women gone to CC now then?
  • redladyredlady Posts: 602
    redrock wrote:
    OMG...really ?? I would defenetly flip out if i saw this HOT looking chris from close distance...don't forget to take pic and show them inhere ...Have tons of fun tonight then ...
    Pukkelpop '95 Neil Young with Pearl Jam without EV
    Antwerp 30-08-2006
    Berlin 23-09-2006
    Rock Werchter 29-06-2007
    Nijmegen 27-06-2010
    Rock Werchter 04-07-2010
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    redrock wrote:

How the fuck do ye manage all that!
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • given to flygiven to fly Posts: 654
    yay! am off to the pre cc drinks now, if you crazy people haven't started queuing already.
    20.04.06, 23.08.06, 27.08.06, 14.09.06, 16.09.06, 17.09.06, 19.09.06, 20.09.06, 18.06.07
  • vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861
    i would like to be at cc pre drinks, instead i am stuck at work
    will make cc post drinks though
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
    Rita where are you :confused: wanna know what happened :o

Damn my short arms couldn't reach any setlists or picks :( But I'm sure it was me Chris winked at during Hungerstrike and I'm not gonna let anyone tell me otherwise :D
  • Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    Glad you'd a good night Pippa :) yeh, where's Rita, I wanna hear all about this... she's probably staying over with Chris or having breakfast with him or something :D

So who did she bring with her?
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
    Glad you'd a good night Pippa :) yeh, where's Rita, I wanna hear all about this... she's probably staying over with Chris or having breakfast with him or something :D

So who did she bring with her?

Yeah sure she and Chris are busy enjoying breakfast at the moment ... lots to catch up on ;)

She took Rob.

Dave says Hi :D
  • danleridanleri Posts: 497
    Hi guys, what you say if we all meet up somewhere in town for a pint one of these days? the waiting is driving us all mad at this stage I guess so we might as well kill time and enjoy a few pints together! :D
    Verona '00 | Dublin '06 | Barcelona '06 | London '07 | Copenhagen '07 | Berlin '09 | Dublin '10 | Belfast '10 | Berlin '10 | Toronto1 '11 | Toronto2 '11 | Amsterdam1 '12 | Stockholm '12 | Oslo '12 | Copenhagen '12 | Brooklyn1 '13 | Brooklyn2 '13 | Amsterdam1 '14 | Amsterdam2 '14 | Vienna '14 | Berlin '14
    Chime wrote:
    Rita where are you :confused: wanna know what happened :o

Damn my short arms couldn't reach any setlists or picks :( But I'm sure it was me Chris winked at during Hungerstrike and I'm not gonna let anyone tell me otherwise :D

i got a pick, missed plenty thrown my way.
    great night :)
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,

• redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Chime wrote:
    Yeah sure she and Chris are busy enjoying breakfast at the moment ... lots to catch up on ;)

She took Rob.

Yep.. just finished breakfast :D

What a night! :D

Got a lil' prezzie in the sharing folders of CC fans :D
    Chime wrote:

She took Rob.

:D Hi Dave, he stayed with you? ;)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    danleri wrote:
    Hi guys, what you say if we all meet up somewhere in town for a pint one of these days? the waiting is driving us all mad at this stage I guess so we might as well kill time and enjoy a few pints together! :D
    :D Ironically this may be the wrong thread to post it in cos there's only a couple of us posting here who actually LIVE in Dublin :D

Maybe new thread on the AET?
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    redrock wrote:
    Yep.. just finished breakfast :D

What a night! :D

Got a lil' prezzie in the sharing folders of CC fans :D
    So come on :eek: You can elaborate a bit more than that :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Well....
    This is how the evening went.... met up with Pip, went to the George (Wash was already there), ate, drank, other people arriving, drank, chatted, drank, went to sell my spare tickets.... then finally just before 7 joined the queue....
    Being the important person I am, went into a separate queue (heather was in that one too!)
    Got to the front... facepollution and his friend nick were there....
    Pippa and V were a couple of rows back but got pippa in front of me in between face and nick... then...... THE MAN CAME OUT.. Woot!!!!! What a gig!

Looooooooooovely Chris..... loooooooooovely tummy..... V.. he dresses on the right ;):o

Then..... the M&G... :D (have to use smilies sparsley)

we were led to the balcony area and, when we queued, the NME winners got AN ADVANCE COPY OF THE CD! :D
    then we got up and they were on the balcony behind a table... all in a row starting with yogi, then chris, then the other guitar player, the drummer and the bass player (don't know their names)...
    Chatted to all of them over the table.. yogi is REALLY sweet
    told him he NEEDED to be in wembley with PJ.. he laughed and said 'now why would I want to do that?'... (He knew damn well why!)
    I said because we would REALLY like him to. Laughed again (ooOOoo.. his laugh!) Said he wasn't doing anything that day.. was supposed to be in Paris... so you never know!
    Also joked about with the bass player and the drummer... they were saying they were insane.... I believe them.
    The other guitar player was a bit quiter.
    Got the temple of the dog insert signed by Chris for Gabrielle, He asked how old she was and does she really like TOD and the rest. Said , sings the songs in her shower.. He asked why wasn't she at the concert, told him because she was only 12, Then he said he had two kids (like who doesn't know!) and they can come to his gigs..Got Carry On signed by all!

And Yogi is playing his own gig in Notting Hill tonight.. he said we must all go see him.. it's free.

They were all sooooo chilled and relaxed.. it was lovely... Oh.. heather... not showered!

Of course security guys were a bit shit.... but hey.. they always are at the astoria!
    not photos red?
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,

Forgot my camera :o but I do have ONE on a disposable.. if it turns out :(
  • UKDaveUKDave Posts: 5,557
    Nice one Rita!!! will be on msn later ;)

Now really must get to work... :eek: :D
    Astoria Crew
    Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight...
    Astoria, Dublin, Reading 06
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    This is just g'bye for now...
  • given to flygiven to fly Posts: 654
    redrock wrote:
    Oh.. heather... not showered!

i knew it! :D sounds amazing. i'm so happy for you rita.

notting hill is 10 mins from me. maybe i'll go along for a bit tonight.
    20.04.06, 23.08.06, 27.08.06, 14.09.06, 16.09.06, 17.09.06, 19.09.06, 20.09.06, 18.06.07
  • UKDaveUKDave Posts: 5,557
    :D Hi Dave, he stayed with you? ;)

Hi H! :D

...yes stayed at Pip's but Dave is spoken for already... ;):p

Thanks again Pip good to see you again and roll on 27th!!!
    Astoria Crew
    Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight...
    Astoria, Dublin, Reading 06
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    This is just g'bye for now...

No dripping sweat to lick up though! :D

This is Yogi's myspace.... http://www.myspace.com/yogimusic There is a blog entry with details of the show.... He's so sweet! :D

I'd been thinking I might go along but it will be a nightmare getting home :o
    Aw that all sounds excellent :D . Glad it went so well... that's pretty fucking cool :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    redrock wrote:
    Well....
    This is how the evening went.... met up with Pip, went to the George (Wash was already there), ate, drank, other people arriving, drank, chatted, drank, went to sell my spare tickets.... then finally just before 7 joined the queue....
    Being the important person I am, went into a separate queue (heather was in that one too!)
    Got to the front... facepollution and his friend nick were there....
    Pippa and V were a couple of rows back but got pippa in front of me in between face and nick... then...... THE MAN CAME OUT.. Woot!!!!! What a gig!

Looooooooooovely Chris..... loooooooooovely tummy..... V.. he dresses on the right ;):o

Then..... the M&G... :D (have to use smilies sparsley)

we were led to the balcony area and, when we queued, the NME winners got AN ADVANCE COPY OF THE CD! :D
    then we got up and they were on the balcony behind a table... all in a row starting with yogi, then chris, then the other guitar player, the drummer and the bass player (don't know their names)...
    Chatted to all of them over the table.. yogi is REALLY sweet
    told him he NEEDED to be in wembley with PJ.. he laughed and said 'now why would I want to do that?'... (He knew damn well why!)
    I said because we would REALLY like him to. Laughed again (ooOOoo.. his laugh!) Said he wasn't doing anything that day.. was supposed to be in Paris... so you never know!
    Also joked about with the bass player and the drummer... they were saying they were insane.... I believe them.
    The other guitar player was a bit quiter.
    Got the temple of the dog insert signed by Chris for Gabrielle, He asked how old she was and does she really like TOD and the rest. Said , sings the songs in her shower.. He asked why wasn't she at the concert, told him because she was only 12, Then he said he had two kids (like who doesn't know!) and they can come to his gigs..Got Carry On signed by all!

And Yogi is playing his own gig in Notting Hill tonight.. he said we must all go see him.. it's free.

They were all sooooo chilled and relaxed.. it was lovely... Oh.. heather... not showered!

Of course security guys were a bit shit.... but hey.. they always are at the astoria!
    cool!

I'm tempted by Notting Hill tonight.. though I've been out every day this week and was looking forward to a night in.. but really liked him yesterday..mmm maybe if it doesn't rain!
  • V VV V Posts: 5,191
    V.. he dresses on the right

Oh i did make a point of looking ! hahahaha i mean with Ed its in ur face :eek: :D needed to know where my other fav man was hanging :D hahahaha

arrrrr damn that M&G sounds great yay well done you very cool and i like your persitance on wembley

must go to school now and try not to think about licking the sweat from every inch DAMN he is TOOO sexy

Heather ~ pete said it was lovely to meet you !
    Red ~ he said it was great to finaly meet you and see who i get up to mischief with !
    Karim ~ he said he was sorry not to chat to u , next time

Dave ~ I O U a pint ;)
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!