Options

Dublin crew!!!

Comments

• Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    this is the reply i got from my email as below...
    On 4/24/06 2:50 PM, wrote:

> Can you please confirm if that is the complete list for the european tour
    > and that no more UK dates will be added?
    >
    > The quote that mentions more shows to be added has now gone.
    >
    > Thanks

answer from 10club Yes ... This is a confirmed complete list.

Thanks
    10C Staff
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    foxymop79 wrote:
    Just checked on Ticketmaster Uk for Pearl Jam (god knows why?!) and it says "Dates scheduled nationally" and then "Tickets are currently not available online. Check back soon. " Do they know something we don't know or am I being too hopeful? Yesterday the Ticketmaster Ireland one said "DAtes scheduled in the UK and Ireland" but now says "No dates scheduled".

I think I believe they will do some UK gigs at some point!!! I figure if you believe in something enough it'll happen - at least thats what I tell the kids!!!

A true believer in Big Daddy up there!
  • Options
    foxymop79foxymop79 Posts: 460
    tell you what man... been reading other threads and it would seem that every fucker in UK is going for Dublin tickets... i'm geting edgy :(

although i worked out that there is around 800 10club members in UK & Ireland... (this from a previous rumorpit) and thats 1600 tickets if everyone gets through... 10club might have around 200-300 10club tix put aside.... now i aint to hot on maths but people are gonna be dissappointed :(

I think they'll have more than that - if its a 8000 capacity, I think they'll get 1000 tix for 10c! I think they realise that lots of UK and Irish jammers will be after these tix!
    Wembley 1996
    Glasgow 2000
    Astoria 2006
    Leeds Festival 2006
    Dublin 2006 (Wooooot!)

*Astoria Crew in Dublin 2006*
  • Options
    this is the reply i got from my email as below...
    On 4/24/06 2:50 PM, wrote:

> Can you please confirm if that is the complete list for the european tour
    > and that no more UK dates will be added?
    >
    > The quote that mentions more shows to be added has now gone.
    >
    > Thanks

answer from 10club Yes ... This is a confirmed complete list.

Thanks
    10C Staff

Oh bugger....
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    A true believer in Big Daddy up there!

Just when I need to be .....
    Wembley 1996
    Glasgow 2000
    Astoria 2006
    Leeds Festival 2006
    Dublin 2006 (Wooooot!)

• Options
    chimechime Posts: 7,838
    tell you what man... been reading other threads and it would seem that every fucker in UK is going for Dublin tickets... i'm geting edgy :(

although i worked out that there is around 800 10club members in UK & Ireland... (this from a previous rumorpit) and thats 1600 tickets if everyone gets through... 10club might have around 200-300 10club tix put aside.... now i aint to hot on maths but people are gonna be dissappointed :(

Think we need to hit this thread straight after they are all gone to see who was / wasn't successful and therefore who has spares. We should be able to get everyone on this thread there between us ;)

EDIT: Anyway I'm sure Dunk you will be one of the lucky ones ;)
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Options
    I honestly think that if there are no UK dates planned 10c will have secured a fair whack of tix for the Dublin date - they will realise that many UK fans will be heading for Dublin!

The presale is for 3 days so they must have a fair number ...
    Wembley 1996
    Glasgow 2000
    Astoria 2006
    Leeds Festival 2006
    Dublin 2006 (Wooooot!)

• Options
    PaukPauk Posts: 1,084
    They had 100 tickets to the astoria which is 1600 capacity. So if that weighs out they should have over 500 tickets to Dublin.

A lot of fans won't be bothered travelling or will be at Reading/Leeds, then there's always a few who can't afford it or haven't checked their emails all week. A lot of people here are travelling, but the internet generally has more of the hardcore fans. Hopefully it should be that hard to get tickets...

I wouldn't trust the 3 days thing. The WHOLE presale is for 3 days. Of course they're expecting some shows to sell out before others, while some more remote shows might not sell out at all.

Oh well. I'm going in a group of 6, and 4 of us are 10c, so we'll all just try for tickets and see how it works out.
    Paul
    '06 - London, Dublin, Reading
    '07 - Katowice, Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    '09 - London, Manchester, London
    '12 - Manchester, Manchester, Berlin, Stockholm, Copenhagen
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    foxymop79 wrote:
    I honestly think that if there are no UK dates planned 10c will have secured a fair whack of tix for the Dublin date - they will realise that many UK fans will be heading for Dublin!

The presale is for 3 days so they must have a fair number ...

i seriously hope so

i'm an atheist so i cant pray to god, but i'll pray to the god of technology... T3 or whatever the speed of my internet is called.... he'll see me alright :eek: *prays*
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037

Yep...It's all gonna be about speed and a dose of luck. Well just have to see how the cookie crumbles.
  • Options
    V VV V Posts: 5,191
    Dunk. pray to PJ GODS that what i did for Astoria !!!! lol
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • Options
    V VV V Posts: 5,191
    well well well looks like the big puppy dogs eyes on the old man worked

I'm coming to DUBLIN :D:D:D:D:D
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • Options
    stonesgstringstonesgstring Posts: 4,613
    danmac wrote:
    Im going for same as you, let us know how you get on and we can compare notes on travela nd stuff, I aint got a feckin clue about Italy!

Sure thing! :D Lots of people have already booked flights and accommodation but I thought it was best to wait just in case I can't get a ticket.

For Italy, I think my mate and I will fly over to the first show in Bologna and then take it from there. Not to sure about transport in Italy :) I'll let you know what I find out :D
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • Options
    Sure thing! :D Lots of people have already booked flights and accommodation but I thought it was best to wait just in case I can't get a ticket.

For Italy, I think my mate and I will fly over to the first show in Bologna and then take it from there. Not to sure about transport in Italy :) I'll let you know what I find out :D

Trains are dirt cheap in Italy. Get a rail pass or price up individual trips - see which one is cheaper. Check out the italian trains site: http://www.trenitalia.it/
  • Options
    danmacdanmac Posts: 387
    If there are three or four of us we can hire a car cant we? Though the idead of seeing Italia by train woyuld be cool.

And V V...rock on! Get on Ryanair asap.
    A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects
    are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider
    god-fearing and pious: Aristotle

Viva Zapatista!
  • Options
    JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    I really can't believe that about not having anymore UK dates... but sure anyway!

Can't wait for this gig! If anyone needs a tour guide gimme a shout!
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Yep...It's all gonna be about speed and a dose of luck. Well just have to see how the cookie crumbles.

Which is where I'm screwed my computer has suddenly started playing up, switching itself off and the internet is suddenly very slow - I'm never gonna get tix! Gonna get the IT teacher to try on his at home and then ring me if he manages for my cc details! Might also see if I can get my Uncle out of bed in the states to try - he's a computer scientisty type so he has mega speed -but that all depends on how much Guinness he's had the night before!!!

Oh bollox!
    Wembley 1996
    Glasgow 2000
    Astoria 2006
    Leeds Festival 2006
    Dublin 2006 (Wooooot!)

• Options
    danmac wrote:
    If there are three or four of us we can hire a car cant we? Though the idead of seeing Italia by train woyuld be cool.

Yeah I figures train would be easier as you don't have to worry about parking and insurance and all the crap that goes with it :D

Well when we know we are definitely going we should work something out :)

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • Options
    danmac wrote:

Hiring a car can be OK but think about the driving on italian roads when you have a hangover and all you want to do is sleep!
  • Options
    Just up this morning:
    http://www.mcd.ie/live/fullnews.php3?tname=1040114846&xname=pearljam

It still doesn't mention how much the freakin' tickets are gonna be though!
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    Hiring a car can be OK but think about the driving on italian roads when you have a hangover and all you want to do is sleep!

True...but I dont drink anymore, so ill drive!

Viva Zapatista!
  • Options
    chimechime Posts: 7,838
    V V wrote:
    well well well looks like the big puppy dogs eyes on the old man worked

I'm coming to DUBLIN :D:D:D:D:D

WOOOOHOOOO!!

It's only the money you had been planning on spending on an Astoria ticket any way ;)
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Options
    Jennytree wrote:
    Just up this morning:
    http://www.mcd.ie/live/fullnews.php3?tname=1040114846&xname=pearljam

It still doesn't mention how much the freakin' tickets are gonna be though!

Im hoping to get tix for Dublin and Italy, thats six shows. I've budgeted for 55 eorus a ticket, taking that 55 from a post yesterday about how much tix are in Ireland, which is probably the most expensive country in Europe right now (I think it wil be 44 for Italy)

Viva Zapatista!
  • Options
    What did I say V V?

If i'd have gone to Astoria and spent the two or three hundred getting down and getting in, and the 2 days lost wages, I wouldnt be able to afford the Italy trip and all the tix I want.

I can see the future, believe me!

Viva Zapatista!
  • Options
    Fuck are these prices gonna be in Euro's?!! Anyone know the exchange rate at the moment :)

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • Options
    Ticket prices are so unreliable here though. The Foo's were only €45, while Incubus were only €35, Morrisey €50, Metallica €65... its just really hard to tell!
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    Fuck are these prices gonna be in Euro's?!! Anyone know the exchange rate at the moment :)
    Follow the link to convert your Euros! http://www.expedia.co.uk/daily/resources/currency/default.aspx
  • Options
    ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    foxymop79 wrote:
    Which is where I'm screwed my computer has suddenly started playing up, switching itself off and the internet is suddenly very slow - I'm never gonna get tix! Gonna get the IT teacher to try on his at home and then ring me if he manages for my cc details! Might also see if I can get my Uncle out of bed in the states to try - he's a computer scientisty type so he has mega speed -but that all depends on how much Guinness he's had the night before!!!

Oh bollox!

I'll send you a pm with a few p.c tips.
  • Options
    Byrnzie wrote:
    I'll send you a pm with a few p.c tips.

Thank you! x
    Wembley 1996
    Glasgow 2000
    Astoria 2006
    Leeds Festival 2006
    Dublin 2006 (Wooooot!)

• Options
    redrock wrote:

Thank you! :D Forgot Ireland have been converted also :D

Rockin' out to Creadles