Dublin crew!!!

Comments

• eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    :D

genuinely hilarious isnt it?!?!??! :D

it is. :D:D I mean, I laugh out loud. then feel bad about laughing. and then can't help but laugh again. :o:D:D

lol. Rita, I never said they weren't real did I? ;):p
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    interesting fact number 1

Contrary to popular belief, Dublin does not experience high rainfall with the west of Ireland receiving twice that of the capital city. Dublin has the same number of rain days, on average, as London.

ok... study time

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dublin
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    eMMI wrote:

lol. Rita, I never said they weren't real did I? ;):p

Your're right! You said "people actually still wondering whether 'TBA' is a band or not". They should know it IS a band - what fools! :D

Contrary to popular belief, Dublin does not experience high rainfall with the west of Ireland receiving twice that of the capital city. Dublin has the same number of rain days, on average, as London.

ok... study time

:eek: Just seems like it then!

Edit: we gotta stop spreading 'untruths' then!!
    oh, I just saw a Special Olympics commercial on TV. it had Baba O'Reilly (the beginnign of it) on it. :D it was cool. :)
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
    redrock wrote:
    Your're right! You said "people actually still wondering whether 'TBA' is a band or not". They should know it IS a band - what fools! :D

I know. :D

Dublin was "Originally founded as a centre for the Viking slave trade". :eek: :D
    Oohhh.... aren't we all erudite today!!!!!
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    A week from now I will be sat in the departure lounge waiting to board/ possibly just bordered (fingers crossed) :)

red shown your daughter the pic so she can see how small it was and how close we were or is that cruel :o Glad you finally got the pic has been sat there for a week waiting for us to be online at the same time :D
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
    Yep... showed it to her (or rather her being so nosy came to the PC to see what I was doing!). Reaction? "It's so unfair....." Hehe....
  • stonesgstringstonesgstring Posts: 4,613
    I guess this time next Helen, myself and some others will be queueing :D:D

That reminds me Helen darling, how will I get from airport to your house?
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646

heee heee.... suckers!!!

the booth doesnt open till 3.30pm though :confused:
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    Stoney - I think you may be arriving an hour or so after me. If you're travelling alone, maybe I could wait and we could hook up?
  • stonesgstringstonesgstring Posts: 4,613
    Sure Rita :D Are you going to Helen's also? Can't remember who is going where! :o
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
    Yep... at Helen's :D
    Oohhhh... we've only got 450 posts until Dublin to make it to 10.000!
  • belfast1belfast1 Posts: 788
    this time next week i'll be on a plane :D:D:D

hey dunk, this time next week you'll be in a departure lounge while your bag gets whisked to southampton or something...:D
    dublin 1996 london 2000 dublin 2006 prague 2006 copenhagen 2007 london 2007 rotterdam 2009 london 2009 dublin 2010 belfast 2010 vienna 2014 amsterdam 2014 london 2018

ok... study time

its all relative - it pissed down here on the east coast yesterday

thanksbetofeck that pj are not playing outdoors like at the RDS!!!
    dublin 1996 london 2000 dublin 2006 prague 2006 copenhagen 2007 london 2007 rotterdam 2009 london 2009 dublin 2010 belfast 2010 vienna 2014 amsterdam 2014 london 2018
  • Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    Hell Yeah!!! and it'll be in the upcoming gigs page of the entertainment section of The Irish Times this Friday. If it isn't listed as Gig of the Week aand get the extra column space I'm writing a letter of complaint :D
    Hahahaha me too :D

I'd already thought of that :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
    redrock wrote:
    Oohhhh... we've only got 450 posts until Dublin to make it to 10.000!

post post post :D

ok... study time

:D Yeh right! :D well yeh the West is worse but we still get a bit of rain here :o
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Hahahaha me too :D

I'd already thought of that :D

i'm just waiting on reading all the pre-gig stuff this weekend

usual stuff y'know - dinosaur grunge band, comparisons with grateful dead etc etc
    :D Yeh right! :D well yeh the West is worse but we still get a bit of rain here :o

my mate from germany is touring round ireland on his motorbike and sleeping in bivvy bag (hes in donegal at the minute)

i told him he should really have just submerged the thing into the local swimming pool...
    belfast1 wrote:
    hey dunk, this time next week you'll be in a departure lounge while your bag gets whisked to southampton or something...:D

Apparently 10000 bags went missing in... half have been recovered...

Well, we have to leave the car back to the airport by 6pm. So if you'll be coming through about 5 I suppose we could aim to be there for 5, meet you and rita and we'll all get a taxi back to mine :o

See we'll be travelling back from somewhere but I reckon we will make it. Text me before you get on the flight stoney, even if we're back a bit early we could go to the airport early and have a pint with Rita in the airport bar while waiting for you. Can't imagine we WILL be back early though :o
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    belfast1 wrote:
    i'm just waiting on reading all the pre-gig stuff this weekend

usual stuff y'know - dinosaur grunge band, comparisons with grateful dead etc etc
    Yep, I think they just have a page that they copy all this from... :mad: I'd love to read something original for once.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    I thought stoney was arriving 4ish. What time ARE you landing Stoney?

EDIT: Oops... should this be on the Schedules thread?
    redrock wrote:
    I thought stoney was arriving 4ish. What time ARE you landing Stoney?

EDIT: Oops... should this be on the Schedules thread?
    Oh maybe it was 4ish, I had 4.50 in my head for some reason... BUT there are always huge queues to get through passport control at Dublin airport and they're starting to build another terminal so the queues are supposed to be longer than usual... and with the whole terror bullshit added on... I'd add a half an hour from when the plane lands to when you get out (withOUT having to collect luggage :o )
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • V VV V Posts: 5,191
    morning :)

dont need to say how excited i am :D
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
    V V wrote:
    morning :)

dont need to say how excited i am :D
    Morning :)

Yeh, you do! Give it a go :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Morning VV! Go on tell us how excited you are!!!

HH - Just noticed your sig! My daughter's friend will be seeing Juan next week. I'll tell her what Che said about his drinking......