Dublin crew!!!

Comments

• eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    Chime wrote:
    Also to address the colour part of eMMi's post if they have a family tartan the kilt will be made of that (although some families have more than one tartan eg dress and hunting) although I do know people who don't like the pattern of their own tartan so use their mother's family tartan :) so generally speaking they shouldn't get to choose 'the nice red one' :D

ah.. I knew that too. :o I think. well, that at least sounds familiar. but red is my favourite colour so it just slipped there. :p:D

didn't know that mother part though. :)
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    there's a thread on Porch called "um...who are TBA" or something.. and i put this

according to 'wikipedia' TBA are:-

...an up and coming bunch of insane rockers from the depths of the soul (aka Cork) who play music "that could be the soundtrack to your life.. unless you are a nun, in which case give us a miss". Formed in 2005 by 4 young men with nothing much better to do, they felt their catchy name would get them noticed. Earlier names were "BRA - The Ultimate Support Band" and "The Monkey Felchers," before deciding on TBA! Musical inspiration is from Joe Cocker, Nancy Sinatra and Daniel O' Donnell. Rumoured to be supporting US rockers Pearl Jam in August, they are also planning on opening for many famous names over the coming months and years... see gig listings below:-

TBA! gigs forthcoming

August - tba
    September - tba
    October - tba"

and i think people are buying it... :cool:
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    I can't wait :p

lol. who could?! :p (not talking about meeting me here, talking about the day. :D)
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    eMMI wrote:
    ah.. I knew that too. :o I think. well, that at least sounds familiar. but red is my favourite colour so it just slipped there. :p:D

didn't know that mother part though. :)

Well my Dad cheats as being English we don't have a family tartan my Dad does the general cop out and wears Blackwatch.

May be you can find yourself a nice red one :Dhttp://www.tartans.scotland.net/find_tartan.cfm
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
    Royal Stewart is the red one Emms

edit: Chimeys done a link... but Royal Stewart is the most famus tartan of them all... its the one on the shortbread tins and stuff!!!
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    Chime wrote:
    Well my Dad cheats as being English we don't have a family tartan my Dad does the general cop out and wears Blackwatch.

May be you can find yourself a nice red one :Dhttp://www.tartans.scotland.net/find_tartan.cfm

hmm. a Blackwatch?! :confused:oh, got it now! :D

lol. what would I do with a tartan? :D
    Royal Stewart is the red one Emms

edit: Chimeys done a link... but Royal Stewart is the most famus tartan of them all... its the one on the shortbread tins and stuff!!!

many thanks for that Dunky. :)

there's a Royal Canadian tartan? :confused:
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Just a quick post because I'm HAPPYYYYYYYY!!!! :D:D:D My daughter loves browsing in charity shops and on the way back home, went into one of our local ones and......... I got a 1992 Pearl Jam 'Choices' T-shirt (the one with the little girl on the front with crayons and a gun and the back saying '9 out of 10 kids prefer crayons). Looking good and only £1. Happy bunny :D:D:D:D
    eMMI wrote:
    many thanks for that Dunky. :)

there's a Royal Canadian tartan? :confused:

:confused: there is an American Express tartan http://www.tartans.scotland.net/tartan_info.cfm?tartan_id=1507

Do you wear a family tartan Dunk?
    redrock wrote:
    Just a quick post because I'm HAPPYYYYYYYY!!!! :D:D:D My daughter loves browsing in charity shops and on the way back home, went into one of our local ones and......... I got a 1992 Pearl Jam 'Choices' T-shirt (the one with the little girl on the front with crayons and a gun and the back saying '9 out of 10 kids prefer crayons). Looking good and only £1. Happy bunny :D:D:D:D

oooo!! :D:D that's quite very cool indeedy! :D:D congrats! :p
    redrock wrote:

Now you and Keith can go out in matching t-shirts :D:p
    He's got one as well??? Mine is XL so it will probably be a nighty!
    Chime wrote:

Do you wear a family tartan Dunk?

i usually hire a graham tartan or whatever i like the look of... i have a MacBeth drinking kilt, cos it was Macbeth.. :cool:

but it should really be this:-
    http://www.tartans.scotland.net/tartan_info.cfm?tartan_id=1501
    i usually hire a graham tartan or whatever i like the look of... i have a MacBeth drinking kilt, cos it was Macbeth.. :cool:

but it should really be this:-
    http://www.tartans.scotland.net/tartan_info.cfm?tartan_id=1501

Sounds very exclusive ;) A member of the Clan or by written permission :o
    Chime wrote:
    Sounds very exclusive ;) A member of the Clan or by written permission :o

i'm not a member... and it does seem a bit exclusive doesnt it!!!!!

actually i;m a member by default.. its my second name... i dont need to be in some wee gang with a certificate from some ponce to know thats my clan name :rolleyes:
    Chime wrote:

American Express!? :confused:
    there's a thread on Porch called "um...who are TBA" or something.. and i put this

according to 'wikipedia' TBA are:-

...an up and coming bunch of insane rockers from the depths of the soul (aka Cork) who play music "that could be the soundtrack to your life.. unless you are a nun, in which case give us a miss". Formed in 2005 by 4 young men with nothing much better to do, they felt their catchy name would get them noticed. Earlier names were "BRA - The Ultimate Support Band" and "The Monkey Felchers," before deciding on TBA! Musical inspiration is from Joe Cocker, Nancy Sinatra and Daniel O' Donnell. Rumoured to be supporting US rockers Pearl Jam in August, they are also planning on opening for many famous names over the coming months and years... see gig listings below:-

TBA! gigs forthcoming

August - tba
    September - tba
    October - tba"

and i think people are buying it... :cool:

seriously.. i think people are believing me :D:D

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?p=3625635#post3625635
    well, all this talk about kilts has truly been splendid but I must flee just now. :o

but I will talk to you people later! :D:D *waves hand* bye!
  • mogmog Posts: 11
    right ye pack a mad bastards

any more word on the support for the point???

i am the loveboat captain in charge of a bunch of belfast reprobates heading down aboard the starship enterprise high as the lord on bottles of stout and buckfast wine
    i believe temple bar is where the pre gig orgy will take place?

i look forward to meeting you all.....

:)
    Hello mog! Support.... well.... we were talking about the vertues of the band TBA on the porch. They have their own thread!!!! :D
  • Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    TBA are gonna RRRAAAAAAWWWWK!!!!
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • Byrnzie wrote:
    I reckon it's a surprise. But then again, does anyone 'really' give a toss if there's a support band or not? It's like going to a meeting with God himself - white beard and all - and asking what cab company will be driving you there. Who gives a fat fuck?? :confused:

And the chances are, I'd probably take the bus anyway coz they're cheaper!

It'd just be cool to know really.

To be honest, I'd much rather there wasn't a support, get PJ on at 8 and they can play a 2 and a half hour show :)
    A democracy on paper, apparently well ordered, regularly subverted by irrational chaos.

Manchester - 4/6/2000
    London - 20/4/2006
    Dublin - 23/8/2006
    London - 18/6/2007
    New York City - 24/6/2008
    New York City - 25/6/2008 - we will be "what is up" New York
    Manchester - 18/8/2009
    Manchester - 20/6/2012
    Leeds - 6/7/2014
    London - 18/6/2018
  • mickaxemickaxe Posts: 59
    It'd just be cool to know really.

To be honest, I'd much rather there wasn't a support, get PJ on at 8 and they can play a 2 and a half hour show :)

Afternoon all!

I'm praying hourly that we don't get a support band anyone else want to light some candles and get down with me?
    My candles are lit and I'll get down with you! :D
    redrock wrote:
    My candles are lit and I'll get down with you! :D

Can I get an AMEN!!
    Amen! Praise the Lord! **happy clappy hands**
    We should start our own religion.

"The Church of Pearl Jam"

(like pearl jam isn't a religion anyway..........)
    Ooohhh!!!! Can I be the 'Great Priestess'?? Please??? Pretty Please????
  • siochansiochan Posts: 304
    mog wrote:
    right ye pack a mad bastards

any more word on the support for the point???

i am the loveboat captain in charge of a bunch of belfast reprobates heading down aboard the starship enterprise high as the lord on bottles of stout and buckfast wine
    i believe temple bar is where the pre gig orgy will take place?

i look forward to meeting you all.....

:)

There was a wee dude on earlier looking for others heading down from Belfast and heading back the same night - dunno if this is the case for you the id was Stipe_81 .........give them a shout if you lot are going home same night ......
    " You cannot throw a rope around the neck of an idea" .....Bobby Sands.
    redrock wrote:
    Ooohhh!!!! Can I be the 'Great Priestess'?? Please??? Pretty Please????

Done.

I now confirm you as the first lady of the Church of Pearl Jam!