Dublin crew!!!

Comments

• JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    I booked my flight to Manchester on the 20th just now (15.10 with Aer Lingus) - time to get booking even more things :D
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861
    Jennytree wrote:
    I booked my flight to Manchester on the 20th just now (15.10 with Aer Lingus) - time to get booking even more things :D

see you at the pub at 16.00 8-)
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    Jennytree wrote:

see you at the pub at 16.00 8-)

you'll be late, i'll have had my half by then... ;)

by the way Al, i see your Gemma Hayes half-developed youngster and raise you a fully formed Dutch MILF...

...and i apologise for lowering the tone of this august thread. :oops:

no, actually i don't. :-P
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
    jrd wrote:

by the way Al, i see your Gemma Hayes half-developed youngster and raise you a fully formed Dutch MILF...

Ah Sharon! Feckin' despise Symphonic Metal, but she sings with Anneke Van Giersbergen in the song below. Anneke is one of my fave people of all time - she has a fuckin' awesome voice!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IR_mBh5m ... re=related
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    'ello lovelies!
  • jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    Jennytree wrote:
    jrd wrote:

Ah Sharon! Feckin' despise Symphonic Metal, but she sings with Anneke Van Giersbergen in the song below. Anneke is one of my fave people of all time - she has a fuckin' awesome voice!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IR_mBh5m ... re=related

oooOOOooo cheesy-handwavey-sparkler-naffness!!! :D

no, can't say any of their other stuff has made me want to go out and buy it but i do like that acoustic version of Faster. TBH i'd never heard of Within Temptation until i heard that track on Planet Rock last year sometime, and they've been around since 1995 or so!! :oops:
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    We're good to go Jen!!

jrd she's no where near as good as Gemma...ask elderion!!

Oh and Jen why the fuck have you been hiding Mastadon from me...loving them since I saw your post!! Just discovered Clutch tonight as well.

Can barely breath with work at the moment...fuckin mental!

Roll on June!
    I need a coffee!
  • vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861
    Mastadon a great Al, surprised it has taken so long to discover them
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
    Well, Mastodon are pretty big right now, I didn't know anyone had missed them :lol: They had this awesome tshirt that looked like it glowed-in-the-dark at the merch stand, but I'm not really one for spending much money on such things. Himself spent the last of his pounds on it for me though, bless his cotton socks :oops:

Definitely looking forward to June. I miss you guys somethin' shockin' sometimes! Will be workin' my ass off till then.

My place have announced more redundancies (including that office in the Drog and Galway), but my job is safe (for the moment). It's sad to see people who are with the company years and have been so nice to me have to leave though. I'm gonna finish off this PHP/MySQL course and hopefully get started on something else then as my lot are quite forthcoming when it comes to supporting such matters. Can't believe I haven't been outsourced yet tbh!
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
    'morning all!

I do like Mastodon though have never seen them live. Watched them a bit on TV the other day!

Lovely cotton socks he has 'himself'!!!

Redundancies have been announced at my site as well. I think about 8 people going this time - it's a lot for a small site. Jobs being centralised (going up north where jobs are needed apparently!) I'm safe as well. All production related jobs are safe (ie they need the staff on site and these can't be done remotely).
  • Irish Al wrote:
    Just discovered Clutch tonight as well.

Why is no-one else picking up on the awesomeness inherent in the sentence? :mrgreen:

Anyhoo, Mr Al... I've heard this crazy rumour that you might have been after a Manc night 2 standing ticket?
    ...London Doesn't Call Anymore... (rip joe)

Yes, I have been to some Pearl Jam concerts. Several of them.
    Irish Al wrote:
    Just discovered Clutch tonight as well.

Why is no-one else picking up on the awesomeness inherent in the sentence? :mrgreen:

I was just ignoring the fact that it took him so long to hear of them in the first place!
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
    Weird thing about Clutch... love the band but don't have any of their 'proper' cds. Some downloaded songs, etc. but nothing proper!
    Yeah its kinda funny, around the turn of the millennium I kinda fell out of love with the heavy scene as I felt that most of the bands around were just pure shite and nobody did it for me (apart from Tool obviously). I dipped into American head charge for a bit and then got into SOAD but nothing really solid so I kinda took me eye off the ball. I suppose I just took it that everything coming out was shite given that I wasnt listening to rock radio or anything like that...I guess I became the dreaded 'mainstream' :lol: But the yearning for a good fuck off heavy rock band never left me (am I sounding like an auld lad yet :P )

Then Jen sent me a few different bands that got the juices flowing...then I decided to give mastadon a shot the other day and loved it and then Boyo mentioned clutch and I gave them a lash...well fuck me, they blew me away..I do think I'm back in the zone (as I currently sit and rock out to me Into the Wild vinyl :lol: )

Sorry to hear about all the job loses goin on...its gonna be an even tougher year economically this year for everyone but at least we have Pearl Jam!!!!

Chris I'm looking for 2 tix, either standing or seating to either night 1 and/or 2 for a friend...any going?
    I need a coffee!
    Dave still needs a manchester 1 for one of his sons!
  • Irish Al wrote:
    Chris I'm looking for 2 tix, either standing or seating to either night 1 and/or 2 for a friend...any going?

I have 1 standing for night 2... it's been promised to a guy on here, but he's not replied to any of my PM's for the last three weeks (after promising to send monies before the end of the week) :? In the last one I sent I gave him till tomorrow to get back to me, otherwise I was gonna offer it back up... If I havent heard owt from him by tomorrow evening you can have first dibs if ya need it :)

Christoff, I get paid next Friday! Let me know if you need me to send ye monies then! It'll have to be through paypal though!
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • Jennytree wrote:
    Christoff, I get paid next Friday! Let me know if you need me to send ye monies then! It'll have to be through paypal though!
    Yes pleases Jennster! :mrgreen: I'll pm you details :)

Cool, my friend my be sorted..I'll know early next week! Cheers dude!
    I need a coffee!
    Last out, first in!!

So what's the news folks? All good here. Can't believe that my eldest baby is 6 on Monday..to think its also 6 years since I met most of you! Jaysus I feel fairly lucky!

This time 6 years ago I'd been to 3 PJ shows, this year I'll be hitting 15 & 16...never thought I'd get to this many...we've been seriously spoilt over the last 6 years!

Love you guys!!!
    I need a coffee!
    'morning my friends!

6 years old Al, wow - that will be 6 going on 13!!! Lots of lovely birthday wishes to your baby for tomorrow!

Going down memory lane... nearly 6 years ago for us too! Sighs... time flies!
    **tries to open eyes completely**.

'morning guys. Back to the 'crack of dawn' rut.
    :(
    Mornin' folks!

Nearly at the point where I can see sunrise over Dublin Bay in the mornings - I like this time of year!

My friend has invited me over to Madrid for Sonisphere in May. Metallica, Soundgarden, Gojira, Clutch, Mastodon... hopefully himself can get holidays!
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • Jennytree wrote:
    My friend has invited me over to Madrid for Sonisphere in May. Metallica, Soundgarden, Gojira, Clutch, Mastodon... hopefully himself can get holidays!

I haven't heard of Gojira but that's a great lineup. I would consider Download this year as soon as my summer is all sorted.
    http://es.sonisphere.eu/

More bands have been added since - The Offspring, Machine Head, Slayyyuuuuur, Kyuss Lives...
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
    Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo tired! Hate this 5am business!!!

'morning all!
    Feckin' shattered meself, R. I spend all my day tired then can't sleep when I get to bed - feckin' typical!
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
    Same here Jenny. Try to go up at a reasonable time (around 10.30) but I'm just tossing and turning and then it's past midnight and I start panicking because I have less than 5 hours sleep!

Anyway... starting to think the next cake I need to make - an all partied out cat on a chair/sofa! That will keep me busy for a bit!
  • eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    redrock wrote:
    Same here Jenny. Try to go up at a reasonable time (around 10.30) but I'm just tossing and turning and then it's past midnight and I start panicking because I have less than 5 hours sleep!

My sleeping rhythm gets all out of whack more often than not, and lately I've started not looking at the time after I've set my alarm and gone to bed. Cause all I'll be thinking about is how long/little I have before I need to get up. It helps.. A little.. I think.. :| :thumbup:

:wave: everyone!
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
    :wave: Hello!