Dublin crew!!!

Comments

• redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Adam's (Rob's brother) funeral later today. If you could spare s lil' thought for him and his family at around 1.30 this afternoon... Being sent off with 'A wonderful life' by Alter Bridge!
  • dottlesdottles Posts: 9,138
    redrock wrote:
    Adam's (Rob's brother) funeral later today. If you could spare s lil' thought for him and his family at around 1.30 this afternoon... Being sent off with 'A wonderful life' by Alter Bridge!

Huggles and thoughts xx
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    Thinking of you and yours, Red <3
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Hi all... Jill's granny died last night. :( :(

she was 88 .. she was absolutely fine one day and next morning she had suspected pneumonia and 8 hours later she passed away.

so sad.... Jill devastated as you'd expect.... they were amazingly close. :cry:
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    hugs to you Rita... and your family x
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    Aww nyooo... give Jill a huuuge hug from me!
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    Jennytree wrote:
    Aww nyooo... give Jill a huuuge hug from me!

aye, sad news all round in here... :cry:
    thinking of you all - Rob, Rita, Dunk, Jill - consider yourselves hugged (if the thought of a hug from me doesn't make you feel ill...)
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • UKDaveUKDave Posts: 5,557
    Evening all, just popping in to catch up, thoughts to all those losing loved ones, my nan was being assessed today to see if she is capable of looking after herself as losing her grip on things at the moment and having to move Sam out of shared house at Uni due to problems I won't go into here, so that and Emma and her mum not talking to each other plus Martha not sleeping due to hacking cough is making things great around here :roll:

Oh... and looks like my tick for first night at manchester is now not happening as the lovely Aussie girl is no longer coming... so... any spares out there???

Dave xx
    Astoria Crew
    Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight...
    Astoria, Dublin, Reading 06
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    This is just g'bye for now...
  • vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861
    (((((hugs)))))) I lost my grandad in November. He was 89, but had been unwell and declining very quickly in the last year. Dementia is a bitch :cry:

I have spent the past 2 nights with Soundgarden. WOW! Matt is a machine!
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
    edited January 2012
    Big hugs to Jill. xxxxx

Soupy... not talking to you! :mrgreen:

Dave.. seems all is peachy in your life! Hope your nan gets properly assessed and gets the help she needs.
    I'm still expecting two tickets for you. Have received the ones for M2 so would think the M1 ones should arrive soon. I'm sure you will be sorted for a M1 tix for you (just the one?). Put feelers out on the Euro thread.

Love to all.
    Post edited by redrock on
    Good vibes heading to you all!

I've nothing planned for the weekend, might do some holiday investigation and maybe... just maybe... book a flight!
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
    About a month before he died, my grandmother covered my grandfather's back with lard. After that, he went downhill very quickly.
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
    redrock wrote:
    Big hugs to Jill. xxxxx

Soupy... not talking to you! :mrgreen:

Dave.. seems all is peachy in your life! Hope your nan gets properly assessed and gets the help she needs.
    I'm still expecting two tickets for you. Have received the ones for M2 so would think the M1 ones should arrive soon. I'm sure you will be sorted for a M1 tix for you (just the one?). Put feelers out on the Euro thread.

Love to all.

Hey Rita,

Yeah sounds like everyone's going through the mill a bit at the moment :( Got my M2 through the post this week so yes it's just the one of M1, hopefully get fixed up soon but if not there's always on the night... :?
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    jrd wrote:
    About a month before he died, my grandmother covered my grandfather's back with lard. After that, he went downhill very quickly.

:roll: :lol:
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    Hi everyone! Hopefully things are/will be settling down for everyone!
  • Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    Hey folks sorry I haven't been round much lately...work has been ridiculously mental!

So sorry to hear of all the sadness for you all..hope you and your families are doin ok!

Had a wonderful weekend with wife and kids!
    I need a coffee!
  • -Buru--Buru- Posts: 1,292
    Sending good vibes to those that need them!

Lots of work and little play for me. But Europe in the summer will be so much fun! :D
    I am just a dreamer, but you are just a dream...
    If I knew where it was I would take you there.

Hello my lovelies. :wave:
    Greetings crew! Hope yer all keeping a little better now!
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
    Got two lil' plecos and four sweet lil' angel fish today. Hopefully one of the plecos will be female as we want babies. Same with the angel fish.
    Why are the two bands I REALLY want to see doing Download (to which I REALLY don't want to go to)??????? Aaaarrrgggghhhhhhhhhh! :evil:

And on a less frustrated note.... Hello all! :wave:
    Got a wonderfully random mail this morning:

"You are now entitled to an extra days holiday as you have 5 years service... your holiday entitlement is now 21 days per annum"

I never knew that I was due an extra day now :lol:
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
    I get 5 days after 5 years (not until March next year though...) 8-) But anything extra is good! :mrgreen: Use that day wisely!
    redrock wrote:
    I get 5 days after 5 years (not until March next year though...) 8-) But anything extra is good! :mrgreen: Use that day wisely!

aye, go and get shitfaced... :twisted:
  • Jennytree wrote:
    Got a wonderfully random mail this morning:

"You are now entitled to an extra days holiday as you have 5 years service... your holiday entitlement is now 21 days per annum"

I never knew that I was due an extra day now :lol:

We get one extra day each quarter we don't take any sick leave... plus an extra day if we don't go sick all year.
    Bumps me up to 30 days a year (plus Bank Hols) if I don't pull a sickie :mrgreen:

(Also, we're advertising for an IT/Systems admin... ;) )
    ...London Doesn't Call Anymore... (rip joe)

Yes, I have been to some Pearl Jam concerts. Several of them.
    Well I can earn 1 flexiday a month too, which comes in very handy if, for some strange reason, I want to take off driving around Norway for a few days :lol:

Less of the job temptation too! I'm in a bit of a rut where I am at the moment. The job is grand, and the people and conditions are awesome, but there's no room for advancement at all as the place I had hoped to advance to was outsourced last year. I could maybe aim for a team lead role, but I'm not very good with people :lol: I'm just gettin' a bit sick of resetting fuckin' network passwords :|
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
    Why would anyone want to name a lil' angel fish 'Howling Jimmy Jefferson'? A bit of a mouthful. But then again, that's my daughter's mind working in her own weird way!

'morning all!
    That's an awesome name for a fish :lol:
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
    We've got three more angel fish to name, if you want. Open for suggestions... Please... before G names anymore! :lol:

Also have a couple of lil' plecos but I'm waiting to name them until we can see what sex they are.
  • eldarion75eldarion75 Posts: 2,488
    Hullo all. Hope you're all well.