Dublin crew!!!

Comments

• vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861
    Jennytree wrote:
    Thankoo Chris! Sorry to hear what happened, I was afraid to ask why you had the spares :oops:

I'm also planning on going on a roadtrip after the Oslo show. I'd love to go to Bergen, so might take the long way there! I've had a look at some of the roads on google maps and the streetviews look amazing. If I can get the cash together, I'm doing it!

Bergen is awesome, i got some pics on the facebooks of it :ugeek:
    i wouldn't mind scabbing a lift from Oslo to Copenhagen if available Mr Evolutionary :thumbup:
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
    Just for JRD.... i know how much le loves this song

Hello.....
    http://vimeo.com/35055590
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,

• EvolutionaryEvolutionary Posts: 880
    edited January 2012
    Jennytree wrote:
    Thankoo Chris! Sorry to hear what happened, I was afraid to ask why you had the spares :oops:

I'm also planning on going on a roadtrip after the Oslo show. I'd love to go to Bergen, so might take the long way there! I've had a look at some of the roads on google maps and the streetviews look amazing. If I can get the cash together, I'm doing it!

Bergen is awesome, i got some pics on the facebooks of it :ugeek:
    i wouldn't mind scabbing a lift from Oslo to Copenhagen if available Mr Evolutionary :thumbup:

No probs bud, be glad for the company :D

Babs now has the Oslo ticket, still one Copenhagen spare before it goes to the randoms who pm'd me... :mrgreen:
    Post edited by Evolutionary on
    ...London Doesn't Call Anymore... (rip joe)

Yes, I have been to some Pearl Jam concerts. Several of them.
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Chris - sorry about your 'matters of the heart' problems :(

I'm not sure whether I want to drive to the Man1 gig or take the train. Driving gives me the freedom and flexibility but on the other hand, I need to drive whether I'm tired, hung over, etc.

Taking the train is a pain in the butt 'coz I have to go to Euston by public transport (either bus and tube or train and tube) and that can take ages and I am tied to a timetable but on the other hand I can just sit back and relax on the journey.

What to do????????????????????????

Oh.. and Bergen IS awesome. Loved it when I went there (admittedly this was probably 30 years ago!!!!)
    Cheers Chris :D 3 countries in 1 day, and potentially trip over this
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C3%98resund_Bridge (sorry if this is blocked for a day due to wikipedia shutting down :ugeek: )

oresund-bridge.jpg?w=600
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,

• Cheers Chris :D 3 countries in 1 day, and potentially trip over this
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C3%98resund_Bridge (sorry if this is blocked for a day due to wikipedia shutting down :ugeek: )

oresund-bridge.jpg?w=600

Indeed! I'm doing the bridge twice (once on way to Stockholm and then back :) ) looking forward to it :mrgreen:

Hello people.

I hate crossing bridges.
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    Chris, whats yer journey like before Stockholm?
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Not too shabby... Over to Harwich for the ferry to Hook of Holland, then heading for Hamburg... Undecided on whether to drive up through Denmark or jump on a ferry between Fehmarm and Rødby, but either way will head through Copenhagen, over the bridge into Malmo and cruise up to Stockholm :)

• eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    Thanks all for the kindness. :) xxxx
    redrock wrote:
    You guys are awesome support....

You can say that again.

Today I figured that I might go/have gone insane, but I'll never be as crazy as some people on, say for example, the Other Music forum. :shock:

Also, my legs and sides are killing me from bellydancing last night, but it's all good.

This concludes another almost completely pointless post from Yours Truly. Thank you for reading and I'll see you later!
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
    Sounds awesome Chris! I feckin' love driving, just a pity I drive a 20mpg car :roll: :D I hope you'll have a little dash-cam set up!

Emmi, chin up :D
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • Not too shabby... Over to Harwich for the ferry to Hook of Holland, then heading for Hamburg... Undecided on whether to drive up through Denmark or jump on a ferry between Fehmarm and Rødby, but either way will head through Copenhagen, over the bridge into Malmo and cruise up to Stockholm :)

Sounds awesome :D

Maybe I'll see you in Stockholm...
  • eldarion75eldarion75 Posts: 2,488
    ok.
    i know im goin but cant decide where to..wanna get me arse in gear either way...
    Hey all...

Yep.. some need to get their arse in gear whilst others are almost packed, ready to go! :mrgreen:
    Hurrah for Friday!

Off to see A Pale Horse Named Death this evening - although I'm more excited about getting an awesome salad in Boojums burrito place before hand :lol:
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
    :wave:
    Morning Dublin crew.
    First of 3 Soundgarden shows in 2 days time :D
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,

• veddertownveddertown Posts: 5,260
    Can someone here give me some advice for good eating places in central Dublin where the Veddertown's can go for our post marriage meal with Pke and his good lady wife? We didn't really have time to explore much last time we were there. Thanks in advance.... :D

P.S. My favourite foods are generally the messy ones, shellfish still in shells, ribs, chicken on the bone, corn on the cob, fat steaks and fat burgers, potato wedges with dips etc so it doesn't neccesarily need to be very posh just tasty! I've never been a fan of cutlery... ;)
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
    veddertown wrote:
    Can someone here give me some advice for good eating places in central Dublin where the Veddertown's can go for our post marriage meal with Pke and his good lady wife? We didn't really have time to explore much last time we were there. Thanks in advance.... :D

P.S. My favourite foods are generally the messy ones, shellfish still in shells, ribs, chicken on the bone, corn on the cob, fat steaks and fat burgers, potato wedges with dips etc so it doesn't neccesarily need to be very posh just tasty! I've never been a fan of cutlery... ;)

go the good ole dirty chicken, guaranteed to make you spew once you get back to the hotel. Wake up in the morning with a full irish, complete with guiness
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,

Post wedding meal, Soupy... not 'I've been on the piss and need to stuff my face' meal!

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo tired today!
    redrock wrote:
    Post wedding meal, Soupy... not 'I've been on the piss and need to stuff my face' meal!

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo tired today!

depends on what happens at the wedding :lol:;)
    I will leave the answer to the meal to a Dubliner, not myself who has not been there in nearly 6 years!
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,

• V VV V Posts: 5,191
    Hello ! :D been away working hard on my dance this friday in London, still lots to do but thought I'd check in with U's.

I just looked at train tix for Bath Manc. went for furthest possible date late april and the week days needed for PJ, just wanted to get an idea flipping £75 singles or £150 return pfffffffit !!!!!! will keep an eye on it hope the price drops.

So whats the new tweety bird thing supposed to be Ed solo where ?? US or Europe ???
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
    veddertown wrote:

Herro! I don't eat out much in Dublin, aside from some nice fast food-type places but I assume you'd want something a bit better than that :P

Here's a link to a place I've heard good things about: http://www.menupages.ie/Dublin/City_Cen ... ixty6.aspx, and I've been to The Farm before, t'was lovely: http://www.menupages.ie/Dublin/City_Cen ... urant.aspx.

Explore the menupages site as you can organise by reviews, price, type of cuisine etc so that'll be the best place to find a nice restaurant. Let me know if you have any questions!
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
    Bloody hell V... that's expensive!!!! Made me look and it would seem that, depending on travel time, I can get a return for £24 (£12 each way). Add about a tenner on top of that to get from home to central London! Will see what the prices are closer the time. Still haven't made up my mind whether i was going to train it or drive.
  • jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    redrock wrote:
    Bloody hell V... that's expensive!!!! Made me look and it would seem that, depending on travel time, I can get a return for £24 (£12 each way). Add about a tenner on top of that to get from home to central London! Will see what the prices are closer the time. Still haven't made up my mind whether i was going to train it or drive.

looking at the Virgin site it appears that you can't book more than 13 weeks in advance so we can't book for Manchester until March 22nd or so. that's right isn't it or am i missing some other way of doing it...? :shock: :oops:
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
    You are correct John. We were just looking at prices to the point they would let you book.
    V V wrote:

So whats the new tweety bird thing supposed to be Ed solo where ?? US or Europe ???

Both ;)
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
    Jennytree wrote:
    V V wrote:

Both ;)

US.

But then again, I'm not really feeling 'hyper' about Ed solo anymore. His uke album really didn't do it for me.... I think it 'spoilt' Ed a bit for me :oops:
    I don't think all the dates have been announced!
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
    He might just stay on a bit after PJ have finished....