Options

Dublin crew!!!

Comments

• Options
    chimechime Posts: 7,838
    UKDave wrote:
    chime wrote:
    PHOTOS!!!!!!

We're collecting them... that's part of the story though I'm afraid... Martha wasn't well and completely lost it after the ceremony so the initial photo opportunities were limited and then she ran into a door and had a horrendous bruise on her forehead which lasted 4-5 days... Awaiting photos from various family members...

:( poor Martha

Had my cousin's wedding the day before yours and her daughter (3) piped up 5 minutes into the ceremony with 'Mummy I'm bored' :shock: :P
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    UKDave wrote:
    chime wrote:
    PHOTOS!!!!!!

We're collecting them... that's part of the story though I'm afraid... Martha wasn't well and completely lost it after the ceremony so the initial photo opportunities were limited and then she ran into a door and had a horrendous bruise on her forehead which lasted 4-5 days... Awaiting photos from various family members...

Congratulations!

Those will be 'interesting' wedding pics!!! :mrgreen:

Hope Martha doesn't look like a battered child anymore!
  • Options
    UKDave wrote:
    chime wrote:
    PHOTOS!!!!!!

Wait, I'm lost... did you elope to get married?? :o
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Options
    UKDave wrote:
    chime wrote:
    PHOTOS!!!!!!

Nah no eloping for Dave ;) Wedding was a couple of weekends ago.
  • Options
    chime wrote:
    UKDave wrote:

Nah no eloping for Dave ;) Wedding was a couple of weekends ago.

Well, that shows what I know... and serves me right for staying away for a while :lol:
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Options
    'morning lovelies.
  • Options
    Mornin' Rita! :mrgreen:

Congrats to Dave and, um... Mrs Dave? :P :mrgreen:

Sun's still shining here so I'm still in epicly good mood mode 8-)
    ...London Doesn't Call Anymore... (rip joe)

Yes, I have been to some Pearl Jam concerts. Several of them.
  • Options
    UKDaveUKDave Posts: 5,557
    redrock wrote:
    UKDave wrote:
    chime wrote:
    PHOTOS!!!!!!

Congratulations!

Thankyou :)

She's had a real run of it over the last 2 weeks but fingers crossed (and not wanting to jinx it) she's scratch and bruise free at the moment, just so full of energy and fast without the sense to control it at the moment!!

PJ20 soundtrack arrived last night, was listening to it on the way to work this morning, highlights so far Last Exit, Thumbing My Way, Crown Of Thorns, Say Hello To Heaven... still got a lot of disc 2 to get through though...

As I'm "out of touch" can someone confirm if there are different DVD versions coming out as if so I will hold on for the one with the most extras!! :D
    Astoria Crew
    Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight...
    Astoria, Dublin, Reading 06
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    This is just g'bye for now...
  • Options
    [quote="chime"
    Nah no eloping for Dave ;) Wedding was a couple of weekends ago.[/quote]

Might have been easier... :roll:
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
  • Options
    UKDave wrote:
    redrock wrote:
    UKDave wrote:

Congratulations!

Thankyou :)

She's had a real run of it over the last 2 weeks but fingers crossed (and not wanting to jinx it) she's scratch and bruise free at the moment, just so full of energy and fast without the sense to control it at the moment!!

PJ20 soundtrack arrived last night, was listening to it on the way to work this morning, highlights so far Last Exit, Thumbing My Way, Crown Of Thorns, Say Hello To Heaven... still got a lot of disc 2 to get through though...

As I'm "out of touch" can someone confirm if there are different DVD versions coming out as if so I will hold on for the one with the most extras!! :D

Dave if you look in goods you should see them all. There is the normal one that you can buy anywhere. Then there is a dvd or blu ray deluxe version only available through 10c that has two extra discs one is 'The Kids are Twenty' which I think is the main film but mainly the performances and not interviews and their homage to 'The Kids are Alright' and then one disc is 'The Fans are Alright' so about the fans and their relationship with the band.
  • Options
    chime wrote:
    Dave if you look in goods you should see them all. There is the normal one that you can buy anywhere. Then there is a dvd or blu ray deluxe version only available through 10c that has two extra discs one is 'The Kids are Twenty' which I think is the main film but mainly the performances and not interviews and their homage to 'The Kids are Alright' and then one disc is 'The Fans are Alright' so about the fans and their relationship with the band.

That'll be the one then ;) Thankyou :) Lovely new pic by the way!!

The Kids Are Alright is a fab DVD, probably the best of the 5 or 6 :roll: Who DVD's I possess...
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
  • Options
    JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    Hottest day of the year in Dublin was yesterday, and I was stuck in fuckin' Galway :lol: Today is lovely too but no doubt it'll be cooler by the time I get out at half 5.

Dave, congrats on getting the deed done!
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    Ordered an electric guitar gig bag for G (a bit more padded than the one she has now). Received an ENORMOUS box from Amazon with a................... Tuba gig bag!!!!

Anyone here play the tuba? :mrgreen:
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Irish Al wrote:
    V I think we all knew you'd be in a mag someday...dunk hoped it would be a different "type" of mag than the rest of us though ;)

clearly you have never seen Milf Monthly April 2009 edition :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: ;)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    Red, you could probably fit a person inside a tuba bag, best keep it safe :lol:
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    It's mega Jenny! Could EASILY fit G in..

Arranged for pick up. If I could go through the trouble (and if I weren't so honest :angel: ), I would sell it (as it's worth over 4x the price of the guitar bag, get a new guitar bag and have a bit of profit! But too much hassle....
  • Options
    jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    afternoon all.

*yawn*

back froma 2-day jolly in Lyon thanks to Mr Dell and Mr Intel.
    most enjoyable....errr...networking took place... somewhat less enjoyable talks and presentations :roll:
    feeling a little 'tired and emotional' today.

must. sleep. must. get. to. bed. before. midnight.
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • Options
    chime wrote:

so should I order the 3-disc DVD or Blu-Ray ?

we have a DVD player but it's playing up, most of the time all it seems to play is my Tom And Jerry DVD (!), so it needs replacing...

...so should I get a new DVD player/recorder or a Blu-Ray ? or is Blu-Ray already dead before it's really got going ?
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • Options
    So many questions jrd, so little time to ponder! :mrgreen:

Mmmmmm Lyon.... nice restaurants in Lyon!
  • Options
    I don't get the bluray buzz, but that's just me!

I've had a cack day in work - felt like shite this morning and only starting to come to now after a head-on-desk powernap :oops: I did get to go for a walk at lunchtime in Herbert Park though, that was nice :D
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    Blu-ray... It's smexy, shiny and uber-licious :mrgreen: (also it's not dying... it's already oiled off hd-DVD and there's nothing planned to supersede it, unless you go fully digital with a streamer, but that requires huuuuge hard drives and monster bandwidth... In short, go blu-ray :D )

Weather is properly ossums in t'midlands... Off out night riding in the forest tonight on le bike... Epics funs ahead :mrgreen:
    ...London Doesn't Call Anymore... (rip joe)

Yes, I have been to some Pearl Jam concerts. Several of them.
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    Mmmmmm Lyon.... nice restaurants in Lyon!

indeed... and so much nicer when someone else is paying! :twisted:
  • Options
    Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    Congrats dave!!!

Dunk, is that the one that you sent me with jrd's face stuck over V's head (with superglue I hope!!)?

Have Scott Matthews tomorrow night, can't wait :D

Hey jen I have that spare ticket to Kates lunchtime show on the 8th...wanna cone with?
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    'morning all. Sooooooooooooooooo tired! A bit of a lie in tomorrow ('til 8.30).

I think my cats belong to the mexican drug cartel. Today a lovely little blue tit, beheaded (head 'placed' next to body) and dismembered (legs 'scattered'). My early mornings are so exciting :roll:
  • Options
    Irish Al wrote:
    Hey jen I have that spare ticket to Kates lunchtime show on the 8th...wanna cone with?

I'll have to get back to ye Alfred - I think it's one of those times when I said I'd do something but I've no idea why! I haven't marked it in my calendar though which also suggests it wasn't that important :lol:

Sian, hope yer gearing up for a good weekend :D
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    is it Sians hen do tonight?

it's my youngest daughter's 8th birthday today :) we are staying in Lancaster tonight and having a meal and then off to sunny Blackpool for the day on Saturday... i hate Blackpool... but thats where she wanted to go so i just go where i'm told :D
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    'morning all. Sooooooooooooooooo tired! A bit of a lie in tomorrow ('til 8.30).

I think my cats belong to the mexican drug cartel. Today a lovely little blue tit, beheaded (head 'placed' next to body) and dismembered (legs 'scattered'). My early mornings are so exciting :roll:

Cats are just bloody evil...The Rite was right :lol::lol::lol:
    Jennytree wrote:
    I'll have to get back to ye Alfred - I think it's one of those times when I said I'd do something but I've no idea why! I haven't marked it in my calendar though which also suggests it wasn't that important :lol:

Yeah no worries Jen, sure let me know how you're fixed. :thumbup: Looks like I have a spare for Scott Matthews tonight but not sure if he's your thing...still not sure if i'm gonna go, just had to bring eldest home from school as shes got some sort of bug so Mrs Al is gonna stay home but I'm not sure if I'll go...but if I am, would ya be up for it??
    dunkman wrote:
    is it Sians hen do tonight?

it's my youngest daughter's 8th birthday today :) we are staying in Lancaster tonight and having a meal and then off to sunny Blackpool for the day on Saturday... i hate Blackpool... but thats where she wanted to go so i just go where i'm told :D

Enjoy Blackpool Dunk..Happy Birthday to baby dunk 8-)

Sian I'll see ya later ;) Am currently shavin me back just for you :lol:
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    Irish Al wrote:

Yeah no worries Jen, sure let me know how you're fixed. :thumbup: Looks like I have a spare for Scott Matthews tonight but not sure if he's your thing...still not sure if i'm gonna go, just had to bring eldest home from school as shes got some sort of bug so Mrs Al is gonna stay home but I'm not sure if I'll go...but if I am, would ya be up for it??

Cannae do tonight unfortunately, and anywho I have sniffles of doom and I wouldn't want to be the one to give ye manflu ;)
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    Jennytree wrote:

Cannae do tonight unfortunately, and anywho I have sniffles of doom and I wouldn't want to be the one to give ye manflu ;)

No worries...although I think I may have caught it off you through the pit :? :( ;)
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    Irish Al wrote:
    Jennytree wrote:

No worries...although I think I may have caught it off you through the pit :? :( ;)

... and by the power of time machine I think I caught it off you a month ago :(

:shock: it's been a month :shock: :cry: