Options

Dublin crew!!!

Comments

• Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    eMMI wrote:
    :thumbup: for lil' G. To be honest, though, to me she's always gonna be 12 years old. :P

Between you and me, without make up and hair braided, depending on what she's wearing, she doesn't look much older! I would die of a slow and painful death if she knew I said this! :shock: But I shall redeem myself by saying that all done up and 'properly' dressed, she can look much older too! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    redrock wrote:
    eMMI wrote:
    :thumbup: for lil' G. To be honest, though, to me she's always gonna be 12 years old. :P

Between you and me, without make up and hair braided, depending on what she's wearing, she doesn't look much older! I would die of a slow and painful death if she knew I said this! :shock: But I shall redeem myself by saying that all done up and 'properly' dressed, she can look much older too! :mrgreen:

Don't worry, my lips area sealed. :lol:

It's sometimes a bit crazy how old/grown up some kids can look nowadays. (Emphasis on 'kids'.) :shock: But I suppose most of them don't mind. :mrgreen:
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • Options
    Extreme posting! Sitting outside! Whoo! 8-)

Of course, I'm only on the balcony. :P And even this was a bit of a hassle, since my dear old computer-tron needs to be plugged in all the time. :roll: :lol:

'Tis nice and sunny though, and there are loads of birds around. They like to hang out in a tree/bush/thing that's right next to our balcony. In fact, some of it's branches reach over. It's flowering so I'm just glad it hasn't attracted many/any bees. *knocks on wood*
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • Options
    'morning lovely crew! Hopefully weather will get better soon - have next week off and going to Norfolk!
  • Options
    JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    I have no holidays till the end of August... dunno how I thought that was a good idea :cry:
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    V VV V Posts: 5,191
    Hi ... seems like an age since I got in here !

glasto was fun the washing after has not been so great !!! :lol: QOTSA was the only band I saw hahaha

still catching up on my sleep, all that fresh air is not good you one you know !

so hows life ???? *now not sure if I have been in here since glasto or not Scratches head*
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • Options
    Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    Yo yo yo peeps :)

Had two days off and it's been great chillin out with the family :D

Mrs al is goin to Dublin for the night with her sis' so I'll be on me Todd and I have to say I'm quite lookin forward to it! Get the kids to bed and then lash on some DVDs that mrs al isn't into...happy days!!

Hope you're all well m'dears ;)
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    Ok things are bad if I'm the last in and first back....or maybe I'm just the saddest :(

Watched a great iconoclasts with Quentin Tarantino and Fiona Apple...can you believe I've never seen the Ed one :shock:

JRD where's me dvd????

Jen where's me cd?????

I'll get me coat!!!
    :mrgreen:
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    Alfred, the CD's are exactly where I left them last Sunday morning before I left the house :roll: I'll send 'em onto ye next week :D

A Saturday night in for me... and I actually don't mind! I'm working long hours lately so it's nice to get the lie-in!
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    Jennytree wrote:
    I have no holidays till the end of August... dunno how I thought that was a good idea :cry:

Thats absolutely fine m'dear. ;)

I'm home alone...well sort of..Mrs Al is on the piss in Dublin for the night so I'm with the kids...but I have to say its been kinda nice having the evening to myself...plus the bottle of vino I've just downed (against my own will obviously) has helped. Right I'm off to bed...sweet dreams peeps...I wish the crew were all here :(
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    Irish Al wrote:
    Ok things are bad if I'm the last in and first back....or maybe I'm just the saddest :(

I've just got nothing to say. :P
    Irish Al wrote:
    Watched a great iconoclasts with Quentin Tarantino and Fiona Apple...can you believe I've never seen the Ed one :shock:

I haven't either.. :think:
  • Options
    eMMI wrote:
    Irish Al wrote:
    there's a first ;)
    emmi wrote:
    yeah but you're not a superfan like me :p
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    Irish Al wrote:
    eMMI wrote:
    there's a first ;)

Oh shut up. :P Even if I did say something, you'd all just probably ignore it. :( :lol:
    Irish Al wrote:
    emmi wrote:

yeah but you're not a superfan like me :p

Oh hell no. :lol: I couldn't afford to be as super a fan as you. :roll:
  • Options
    I gotta say, I feel like such a succesful little farmer now that our lil' basil is growing nicely and starting to smell like the real deal too. 8-):mrgreen:
  • Options
    chimechime Posts: 7,838
    I was camping for Keithos' birthday this weekend in the New Forest.

Lovely weekend ... nice that you missed us Alphonse ;)
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Options
    eldarion75eldarion75 Posts: 2,488
    18 years to the day since PJ's first ever gig here at Slane

Why Go
    Jeremy
    Even Flow
    Rearviewmirror
    Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town
    Once
    Glorified G
    Daughter
    Alive
    Porch
    Baba O'Riley
  • Options
    I think my sister was at that gig, although she has no recollection of seeing PJ :roll:

Alfred, wasn't Mrs Al at that?! :lol:

I was 6, I didn't quite make it there that day!
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    chime wrote:
    I was camping for Keithos' birthday this weekend in the New Forest.

Lovely weekend ... nice that you missed us Alphonse ;)
    ;) Glad you had a good weekend..can't believe Keith is 40 :o:o :shock: :lol:
    eldarion75 wrote:
    18 years to the day since PJ's first ever gig here at Slane
    Don't remind me :evil:
    Jennytree wrote:

Alfred, wasn't Mrs Al at that?! :lol:

I was 6, I didn't quite make it there that day!
    :evil: Funny though when I say Dave's post I said it to Mrs Al and she nearly fell over, she got a hell of a shock. (plus she was in ribbons from the night before :lol: ) She says she remembers everything about the day what she was wearing, drinking and most of all how her heart nearly stopped when ed came out in a mask...I too was too young....or working or some shit like that...shut up I dont want to talk about it :evil:
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    eldarion75eldarion75 Posts: 2,488
    I was allowed go to one gig that summer...PJ at Slane or U2 doing Zoo tv..

i went with U2...which was fine at the time

now i'm still angry about it..
  • Options
    eldarion75 wrote:
    I was allowed go to one gig that summer...PJ at Slane or U2 doing Zoo tv..

i went with U2...which was fine at the time

now i'm still angry about it..

Oh dear :?

I couldn't get the day off work, was in a stroppy teenage fouler all day, came home from work and walked in the door. My ma and our next door neighbour jackie were havin a cuppa at the table and Jackie asked what was wrong with me, me ma says "oh he's just pissed off he couldnt go to this gig today", to which she got the death stare, then Jackie turns around and says, "is that the gig on out in Slane", I muttered "yes" quite possibly followed by a "fuck sake", to which Jackie replied, oh I had two VIP tickets to that but had no-one to go with.... :shock: was closely followed by :cry: and then a bit of :evil: and finally a bit of :sick: ...as I'm sure you can image, my mood significantly picked up after that :lol:

I have a good friend who was a radio DJ who continues to take great pleasure in talking me through watching the gig from the side of the stage...wanker :lol: ..I tried to rob his laminate when I was at a party in his house, but felt too guilty :lol:
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    I remember when they played in 2000, I was only 15 or so and my friend in school who was mad into them at the time (I wasn't a fan, the name sounded familiar but that was it) was in a strop cos her Ma wouldn't let her take the day off school and go to Dublin on her own for the gig. We spent the whole day takin' the piss out of her and kept telling her to get over it, it was only a fuckin' band and they'd probably play again next year :lol:

A few weeks ago, a good friend of mine emigrated and she gave me the drum cover thingy from the gig that night 8-)
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Jennytree wrote:
    drum cover thingy

Skin ;) ... you're really gonna help with Al's jealousy/anger issues :mrgreen: :P
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Options
    Jennytree wrote:
    I remember when they played in 2000, I was only 15 or so and my friend in school who was mad into them at the time (I wasn't a fan, the name sounded familiar but that was it) was in a strop cos her Ma wouldn't let her take the day off school and go to Dublin on her own for the gig. We spent the whole day takin' the piss out of her and kept telling her to get over it, it was only a fuckin' band and they'd probably play again next year :lol:

A few weeks ago, a good friend of mine emigrated and she gave me the drum cover thingy from the gig that night 8-)

Great gig that one...only problem was me an lil bro "called in" to the bar in jurys up the road and did the whole top shelf along with a shit load of pints :lol: we met Mrs lil bro and Daddy Al and they were just looking at us going, "should you not find a corner and die or something" and we said "NO...WE'RE HERE TO ROCK" and rock we did, very drunkenly....one thing I regret is that I only have a vague recollection of ed stage diving during black. :?
    chime wrote:
    Jennytree wrote:
    drum cover thingy

I'm fine with that 8-)

Skin ;) ... you're really gonna help with Al's jealousy/anger issues :mrgreen: :P
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    Back when I was young, every fella I cornered to yap about Pearl Jam to when I was pissed either never heard of them or caught Eddie Vedder that day. Either way, it didn't work out very well for them :lol:
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    Jennytree wrote:
    Back when I was young, every fella I cornered to yap about Pearl Jam to when I was pissed either never heard of them or caught Eddie Vedder that day. Either way, it didn't work out very well for them :lol:
    :lol: I'd say it didnt alright!!!

Yeah I was on the opposite side, by mike that night (he jumped from Stone's side...I'm pretty sure :oops: )
    :lol:

Friday people and I have vowed to myself not to let alcohol to pass my lips til August..but there are 4 very inviting bottles of wine in the cupboard talking to me :twisted:
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    After the noon.

How are we?

Apologies for my absense, i've been rather ill of late and extremely busy... it's not that i've forgotten you, I want to post more and I miss you all but such is life...

Anyhoo, plans are afoot for me to tattoo my first victim next week... exciting but rather scary times :shock: :mrgreen:
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Options
    Ooo very exciting! Have you ever tattooed anything before e.g. pigskin?
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    Jennytree wrote:
    Ooo very exciting! Have you ever tattooed anything before e.g. pigskin?

That is a terrible thing to call Dave...HIS NAME IS DAVID :evil:

Hi Mrs Of the Dead :wave: miss ya sweet cheeks (and you do have mighty fine sweet cheeks) ;)
    Was just thinking, its probably for the best that I cant make your big day (although a little disappointed I didnt get invited to the hen party :lol: ) cause I have been known to storm the alter/stage and grab the bride and say "dont do it, our love cant be kept apart"...even with complete strangers...you should see peoples faces :D ...and I most certainly would be storming your stage and grabbing dave and repeating the above words :wtf: :crazy: :think: :silent: :shifty: :lolno:
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    Hello all my lovelies? How have things been? Been away WITHOUT internet! And no reception on phone at the place we were staying either! Talk about the dark ages! :lol:
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    Hello all my lovelies? How have things been? Been away WITHOUT internet! And no reception on phone at the place we were staying either! Talk about the dark ages! :lol:

Thought something wasnt right :lol: missed you honey!
    I need a coffee!