Options

Dublin crew!!!

Comments

• Options
    Thierry HenryThierry Henry Posts: 2,654
    Irish Al wrote:
    redrock wrote:
    Hello all my lovelies? How have things been? Been away WITHOUT internet! And no reception on phone at the place we were staying either! Talk about the dark ages! :lol:
    Thought something wasnt right :lol: missed you honey!
    I missed you more Rita!! ;)
    Dublin '96, '00, '06, '10
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
  • Options
    Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    Irish Al wrote:
    redrock wrote:
    Hello all my lovelies? How have things been? Been away WITHOUT internet! And no reception on phone at the place we were staying either! Talk about the dark ages! :lol:
    Thought something wasnt right :lol: missed you honey!
    I missed you more Rita!! ;)

Course you did big boy :roll: ;)
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    ooOOoo.... young men missing me :mrgreen: That makes a change! (Did someone say 'big' boy?!?!?!?!!?)
  • Options
    EvolutionaryEvolutionary Posts: 880
    Mornin all! Apologies for my protracted absence, been off on holibobs and then doing new job related stuffs.
    Not been sent anywhere foreign yet, although I may be off somewhere in the next week or two :D
    Anyway, I went and helped Sian do one of her wedding video things yesterday - twas a Zimbabwean wedding... Very colourful and with muchos dancing :shock: :D
    Now I'm sat with tea and toast in the house of Shave, mentally preparing myself for Sian to tattoo me :shock: :mrgreen:
    ...London Doesn't Call Anymore... (rip joe)

Yes, I have been to some Pearl Jam concerts. Several of them.
  • Options
    ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    Sians tattooing you?? Never knew she did that!

It'll be fine, just get a stick to bite on (I have no experience of having a tattoo - that's my imagination talking)
  • Options
    chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Hi Rita! .... folks my phone broke so if you can text me numbers it would be helpful ... ta muchly ;)
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Options
    Jennytree wrote:
    Ooo very exciting! Have you ever tattooed anything before e.g. pigskin?
    I have tattooed a few pig skins, oranges and some fake skins... and my own leg :wtf:

I'm finishing my own leg tomorrow... a lovely cherry blossom and a bee design :D
    Irish Al wrote:
    Jennytree wrote:
    Ooo very exciting! Have you ever tattooed anything before e.g. pigskin?

That is a terrible thing to call Dave...HIS NAME IS DAVID :evil:

Hi Mrs Of the Dead :wave: miss ya sweet cheeks (and you do have mighty fine sweet cheeks) ;)
    Was just thinking, its probably for the best that I cant make your big day (although a little disappointed I didnt get invited to the hen party :lol: ) cause I have been known to storm the alter/stage and grab the bride and say "dont do it, our love cant be kept apart"...even with complete strangers...you should see peoples faces :D ...and I most certainly would be storming your stage and grabbing dave and repeating the above words :wtf: :crazy: :think: :silent: :shifty: :lolno:

Hello Alphonse!! How the devil are you? I miss you too lovely, I've been so busy of late (sucks having two jobs and doing art pieces for an exhibition and learning to tattoo... I literally have no time) I swear people have stopped talking to me as they believe i'm being ignorant :( so apologies for my assumed ignorance ;)

I would pay good money to see you storm that stage and say that to Dave... :mrgreen: and yeah, tough shite abouyt the hen night... no way ina million years i'd trust you in a room with 40 odd women... they'd never get out alive! ;):lol:
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Options
    JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    I had a lovely light beverage or two yesterday evening with Helen and Dave. Tis lovely catching up with folk - sometimes it's hard to do when there's no Euro tour happening!

Only a few weeks now till I'm London-bound :D
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    Jennytree wrote:
    I had a lovely light beverage or two yesterday evening with Helen and Dave. Tis lovely catching up with folk - sometimes it's hard to do when there's no Euro tour happening!

Only a few weeks now till I'm London-bound :D

So Hels is over for a visit :) ... guess Dave was floating on cloud 9 ;)

I was out last night too ... with Keith (and Mrs Keith), Hinn, Fleur, Sian, Dave and Leanne seeing MMJ .... thought I'd find out what all the hype was about ... apologies to all the fans (like my opinion counts for anything :P ) ... but definitely not my thing ...
  • Options
    Hello all!

MMJ 'ok' for me. If I had a free ticket, maybe.... But then again, meeting up with mates is worth it! :mrgreen:

Can't wait for end of August. Sorry you guys can make it Sian :( Post pics of the tattoo!

Alfred - you just like to take center stage, don't you? :lol:
  • Options
    chime wrote:

So Hels is over for a visit :) ... guess Dave was floating on cloud 9 ;)

A flying visit for Hells Bells, she flew back this afternoon. Feckin' delighted for Dave though, tis nice to hear of stories about people you actually know :lol:
    chime wrote:

I was out last night too ... with Keith (and Mrs Keith), Hinn, Fleur, Sian, Dave and Leanne seeing MMJ .... thought I'd find out what all the hype was about ... apologies to all the fans ... but definitely not my thing ... I agree with the description Dave sent me of them :lol: :P

At least you gave 'em a go, can't say fairer than that!
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    Emmi today in Finnish I learnt 'Hyvää kesää'

I keep getting out of office replies from Finnish folks and then having to go to google to translate them :P
  • Options
    http://db.tt/jKWR7Cx
    http://db.tt/itM68SO
    http://db.tt/5UKP7bM
    :mrgreen:

Soon there will be some more appearing... A big one with red infill higher up and then some smaller ones in an, as yet, unknown pattern linking down the side of my back 8-)

• Options
    Not bad at all for a first try on a 'real' victim (your thigh doesn't count Sian)! Need a bit more 'straight' on the straights but looking good! Also, hardly any redness - a gentle touch :mrgreen: Can't wait to see more.
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    Not bad at all for a first try on a 'real' victim (your thigh doesn't count Sian)! Need a bit more 'straight' on the straights but looking good! Also, hardly any redness - a gentle touch :mrgreen: Can't wait to see more.

Ahhh yes.. the 'straights'... well, most are straight, it was mainly the first 4 lines were wobbly as I was so nervous I nearly cried. I had to accomodate those so it isn't perfect :(
    I have a couple of better pictures and will upload when I get chance. I'm really pleased with it and looking forward to doing more... it ended up far better than it started! :lol:

Doing more on my own leg tonight and then Chris is pencilled in this weekend... but that depends on whether I do another friend or not (she wants a cat doing on her foot)... I'm not too certain I'm up to it yet so we shall see; don't want to be scarring people for the sake of practice.

I figured MMJ weren't your thing Pip... but never mind! You've seen them now and I thought they were cockin' brilliant :mrgreen: Great seeing peeps too... sooooooooo gutted about August bank holiday :cry:
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

• Options
    Ahhh yes.. the 'straights'... well, most are straight, it was mainly the first 4 lines were wobbly as I was so nervous I nearly cried. I had to accomodate those so it isn't perfect :(

Well... it can't be perfect with your first go - that's why you start on willing guinea pigs (or young Christopher!). Must be nerve wracking and you didn't seem to be in a very comfortable position either!
  • Options
    don't want to be scarring people for the sake of practice.
    Am I not people? :shock: :P
    redrock wrote:
    Well... it can't be perfect with your first go - that's why you start on willing guinea pigs (or young Christopher!). Must be nerve wracking and you didn't seem to be in a very comfortable position either!
    It wasn't too comfy for me either ;) Although I did move later and jam my arse in her face, so it was probably better in the first instance :roll: :P

• Options
    don't want to be scarring people for the sake of practice.
    Am I not people? :shock: :P
    redrock wrote:
    It wasn't too comfy for me either ;) Although I did move later and jam my arse in her face, so it was probably better in the first instance :roll: :P

That's ok, Saturday i'm gonna have you sprawled out across the table ;)

• Options
    That's ok, Saturday i'm gonna have you sprawled out across the table ;)
    Oh dear god... The neighbours will have a field day! :shock:
    :P

• Options
    edited July 2011
    So Sian leaves her curtains open for all to see inside?!?!?!

'Parted ways' with Rob's carer yesterday - she was starting to really take the piss. Now all the hassle in sorting stuff out.... could do without all this stress! But then again, day off tomorrow!
    Post edited by redrock on
  • Options
    eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    chime wrote:
    Emmi today in Finnish I learnt 'Hyvää kesää'

I keep getting out of office replies from Finnish folks and then having to go to google to translate them :P

Coolio! :mrgreen: I know from experience how baffled google translating Finnish can leave one, hope you're getting along nicely. :lol:

We've got Kirk's sister and her friend visiting for a week (arrived yesterday), kitty's loving all the attention. I'm not loving all the extra teacups I need to wash. :twisted: :P
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    'Parted ways' with Rob's carer yesterday - she was starting to really take the piss. ow all the hassle in sorting stuff out.... could do without all this stress! But then again, day off tomorrow!

Ah no, that's crap. Hugs'n'love for you all!
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    So Sian leaves her curtains open for all to see inside?!?!?!

'Parted ways' with Rob's carer yesterday - she was starting to really take the piss. Now all the hassle in sorting stuff out.... could do without all this stress! But then again, day off tomorrow!

Only if Chris is here... I like to keep the gossips busy ;)8-)

'Parted ways'? Did you sack her and stamp on her toes? :P

In all seriousness, hugs to you all, must be stressful :(

• Options

'Parted ways'? Did you sack her and stamp on her toes? :P

Didn't stamp on her toes....
  • Options
    Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    Well done Mrs of the dead...not easy...but lets be honest..more cudos goes to the bauld Chris...what a trooper you are my son :lol:

Seriously though, maybe some day I'll let you scar me Sian (and not mentally this time ;) )

Hi too all you other motherfuckers...red sorry you have shit to sort out :(

Emmi why the fook are you using google translator for Finnish, can you STILL not speak the language???? :twisted:

I find myself repeatedly smiling when I think of Dave's trip to the US...its class that one of the crew got that trip and that its not some random mofo that we dont know :thumbup:

We're doing a photography programme for the kids this summer in work and I am bloody loving it....I managed to get funding to buy 4 Nikon & 1 Canon cameras that are fooking legendary..I think I got my new love. I've been feckin about with my lomo camera for a bit and using the hipstamatic app on the iphone but just love the different effects Im getting with all the different cameras. Ordered some hipsta-prints from the phone and they came out absolutely brilliant...defo recommend it to all those with smart phones :D

Right have to take the kids to tennis...slan :wave: :yawn:
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    Irish Al wrote:
    I find myself repeatedly smiling when I think of Dave's trip to the US...its class that one of the crew got that trip and that its not some random mofo that we dont know :thumbup:

What did I miss here?

Irish Al wrote:
    I find myself repeat
    We're doing a photography programme for the kids this summer in work and I am bloody loving it....I managed to get funding to buy 4 Nikon & 1 Canon cameras that are fooking legendary..I think I got my new love:

Awesome!
  • Options
    Irish Al wrote:
    Emmi why the fook are you using google translator for Finnish, can you STILL not speak the language???? :twisted:

Ha ha. :P I know the language, (Puhun suomea itse asiassa täydellisesti!) I just happen to have a boyfriend who doesn't.
    Irish Al wrote:
    We're doing a photography programme for the kids this summer in work and I am bloody loving it....I managed to get funding to buy 4 Nikon & 1 Canon cameras that are fooking legendary..I think I got my new love. I've been feckin about with my lomo camera for a bit and using the hipstamatic app on the iphone but just love the different effects Im getting with all the different cameras. Ordered some hipsta-prints from the phone and they came out absolutely brilliant...defo recommend it to all those with smart phones :D

Coolio! :thumbup: Wish I had a camera. :lol:
  • Options
    vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861
    May i be the first to wish a happy wirthday to the loverly Rita :D

well apart from these folk... viewtopic.php?f=14&t=164185
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Options
    Thank you soupy!

'morning all! Been REALLY lazy and just got up (after breakfast in bed). Got really spoilt too - though did get loads of cake making/decorating stuff... wonder if there is something behind that???? Lovely jewelry and smellies too! My cats gave me oven gloves :? Thank you for your wishes and cards too. xxxx
  • Options
    That's awesome Red, hope you get a whole lazy day with treats along the way :D
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!