Options

Dublin crew!!!

Comments

• Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Off to go see Much Ado About Nothing with Tennant and Tate tonight, with a bite to eat before. Knackered though!
  • Options
    Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    Jennytree wrote:

Musical differences eh! ;)

"Anthony those songs you're writing are shite" "Well if you dont like them John, fuck right off" "ok, bye...oh and just so you know, I fucked your mother and am the father of your child"
    There's always something...

You know me too well ;)
    I reckon I'll wait until I get back from PJ20 and if there's tickets left for RHCP I'll go.

Saw them in '94, '95 and '02 I think.

:lol::lol::lol::lol: you so will have no money by then :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Saw them those dates as well I think, was slane 02? Was at Slane as well, anyway. The dvd from that gig is pretty boring, although the album was just ok that they were touring.
    redrock wrote:
    Off to go see Much Ado About Nothing with Tennant and Tate tonight, with a bite to eat before. Knackered though!

Enjoy dearest Redtent :twisted:
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    stankratzstankratz Posts: 183
    Sorry for interrupting the flow here, I just wanna take a quick moment to announce a gig. On Sunday August 28th me and my band 'Pearl Jem' will be playing the Academy 2 on middle abbey street. It'd be great to see a strong PJ contingent there when we hit the stage at 8pm. We'll be playing 'Ten' followed by another set of random PJ tunes,
    Thank you ;)
  • Options
    JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    Irish Al wrote:
    "Anthony those songs you're writing are shite" "Well if you dont like them John, fuck right off" "ok, bye...oh and just so you know, I fucked your mother and am the father of your child"

I hope that's how it went cos John is a hero in my eyes... that Can't Stop video... :think:

stankratz wrote:
    ...me and my band 'Pearl Jem'

Your band?!

Oooo two Louth men in one PJ thread? I can die happy :lol:
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    Thierry HenryThierry Henry Posts: 2,654
    Play.com have the Pearl Jam Twenty book for Euro 27.49 and cd for Euro 18.99.

Not too shabby! I will be getting mine there as there is free shipping.

Release dates are 13th Sept for book & 19th for cd.
    Dublin '96, '00, '06, '10
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
  • Options
    Hello my lovelies.

Had a great time yesterday at the theatre! David Tennant is fantastic and quite a sexy lil' bugger (though a bit skinny). Looks fantastic in drag!

I'll be there Bank Holiday!!!! :mrgreen:

Alfred...... 080508-124012-109007.jpg
  • Options
    jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    Play.com have the Pearl Jam Twenty book for Euro 27.49 and cd for Euro 18.99.

Not too shabby! I will be getting mine there as there is free shipping.

Release dates are 13th Sept for book & 19th for cd.

I'm waaay too busy (i.e. lazy 8-) ) to trawl around to find out myself, so

(a) is there anything special about the 10c versions of the book or CD to make it worthwhile ordering
    from them instead of Amazon/Play/wherever ?

(b) is there a track listing for the CD anywhere yet ?

have to admit, i didn't even know there WAS a book and a CD coming out... :oops:
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • Options
    Handsome John, there has been no mention of any differences between the books from 10C and play.com.
    They are both hardback and 384 pages. Thats all the info I can find

The tracklisting hasn't been released but it does say it's rare and unreleased tracks from their 20 year history.
    Could be a few live tracks, b-sides and instrumentals.

And one more thing...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXIslSp3E60
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
  • Options
    Al, I saw RHCP in Lansdowne road in 2002 (i think). Never saw them in Slane. Was that in 2003?

I checked (out of interest) the presale tickets yesterday and they were all sold. Doesn't say a whole lot but I wouldn't be surprised if the gig sold out quick.
    I'd like to go (for old times sake) but money is tight until I get bk from Chicago.

I guess we'll see what kind of set they do from Aug 9th. It's possible they could do a second date as they have free days between Dublin & London.
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
  • Options
    Wow... 3 in a row... Is there anybody out there?

Nearly time to go and get me some dollars!! :P
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
  • Options
    chimechime Posts: 7,838
    I'm not getting any dollars. Will wait until I'm out there as my cc doesn't charge cash machine fees.

I did however get a RHCP pre-sale ... going with a few friends so it's more for the social thing the gig. Weird thing is tickets are like Foos at Wembley Stadium a few years ago. GA tickets are for the floor and for the whole of the lower tier of seats.

I too shall purchase PJ20 swag from play or amazon.

Three responses in one past Pat ;)
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Options
    chime wrote:
    I'm not getting any dollars. Will wait until I'm out there as my cc doesn't charge cash machine fees.

I did however get a RHCP pre-sale ... going with a few friends so it's more for the social thing the gig. Weird thing is tickets are like Foos at Wembley Stadium a few years ago. GA tickets are for the floor and for the whole of the lower tier of seats.

I too shall purchase PJ20 swag from play or amazon.

Three responses in one past Pat ;)

Yes, but where's your Lionel Ritchie clip? Imagine if your credit card snaped or got lost :shock:
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
  • Options
    UKDaveUKDave Posts: 5,557
    Afternoon all, great to see the best thread still going strong ;)

How's everyone?
    Astoria Crew
    Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight...
    Astoria, Dublin, Reading 06
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    This is just g'bye for now...
  • Options
    Dave!!!

This thread has a life of it's own... when the cockroaches rule the earth, it will still be around!

What's up my lovely????? Haven't heard from you in ages!
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    Dave!!!

This thread has a life of it's own... when the cockroaches rule the earth, it will still be around!

What's up my lovely????? Haven't heard from you in ages!

Hey Rita :D

Just working from home so thought I'd seize the opportunity ;)

Crazy busy as usual, wedding countdown to 16th Sept... work hectic still, still expanding, still recruiting, potentially selling next year (which will be a nice pay day but will still need to stay on), Martha a whirlwind 8-) Stag do the other weekend at Latitude festival with the boys and best man, wig party this weekend... :?

How's you and yours?
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
  • Options
    Wig party???????

'Ello you ;)

What's up with me?? A month 'til I hop over the pond to see a little group :mrgreen:
  • Options
    chime wrote:
    Wig party???????

'Ello you ;)

Yeah... don't ask me... :wtf:

40th birthday of hubby of Emma's mate....

...and hello you ;)
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
  • Options
    chime wrote:
    Wig party???????

'Ello you ;)

What's up with me?? A month 'til I hop over the pond to see a little group :mrgreen:

I did track a couple of pages back and saw something about dollars... PJ20 thingy??
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
  • Options
    UKDave wrote:
    chime wrote:
    Wig party???????

'Ello you ;)

I did track a couple of pages back and saw something about dollars... PJ20 thingy??

Yep :D .... some how managed to get talked into it. Need a holiday so I'm not complaining.

p.s. you have to revisit here post wedding to show us pics :mrgreen: I'm in Lincoln for a wedding day after yours.

Honeymoon?
  • Options
    chime wrote:
    UKDave wrote:
    chime wrote:
    Wig party???????

'Ello you ;)

Yep :D .... some how managed to get talked into it. Need a holiday so I'm not complaining.

p.s. you have to revisit here post wedding to show us pics :mrgreen: I'm in Lincoln for a wedding day after yours.

Honeymoon?

I guess that could be arranged :geek:

Honeymoon is in Dorset, another hotel in the same chain... Martha with us so choice a little limited ;)
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
  • Options
    Won't ask about the wig party then... :?

Date is getting close! Good to hear work is good for you, even if hectic. Maybe lots of benefit out of all this work soon. Hope all is well with the boys too! Here things OK but a bit stressful. G starting A levels in September (she's gonna have to work for a change!). No money for over the pond but will be at the 'those that can't make it' meet up Bank Holiday week-end! Do hope to see the photos too... Why don't you let lil' Martha 'enjoy a bit of bonding with her grandparents/other nice person' while you guys have a bit of a honeymoon??? :mrgreen:
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    Won't ask about the wig party then... :?

Date is getting close! Good to hear work is good for you, even if hectic. Maybe lots of benefit out of all this work soon. Hope all is well with the boys too! Here things OK but a bit stressful. G starting A levels in September (she's gonna have to work for a change!). No money for over the pond but will be at the 'those that can't make it' meet up Bank Holiday week-end! Do hope to see the photos too... Why don't you let lil' Martha 'enjoy a bit of bonding with her grandparents/other nice person' while you guys have a bit of a honeymoon??? :mrgreen:

Not really got anyone we can leave her with that long and Granma doesn't do nappies so until she's potty trained can't even leave her overnight... Where we're going has creche facilities and listening services and good restaurant quality food so it will be fine :)
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
  • Options
    Grandma doesn't do nappies! Bummer... I'd offer my daughter's services but she's back at school!

'morning all!

Painted our lil' front garden wall the same blue as the external walls of our extension bit. Looks good! G is going to do a little Banksy style thingy somewhere on the wall. It's a compromise from a full graffiti art wall... :?
  • Options
    Morning all!

Good to hear from ye, Dave! Tis always all-go with your life... even reading it stresses me out a little :lol:

Went to see Horrible Bosses last night, got to see Mr McCready's name on the big screen, t'was very exciting 8-)

Bank holiday weekend here this weekend \o/
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    Dave me auld mucker great to hear from ya :wave:

So was the movie funny Jen??

Rita you know I loves ya really ;)

Just for those that didnt see, I got an email from MCD the other day telling me about the PJ20 movie and that I need to keep an eye on pj20.com for the irish cinema release....DUBLIN CREW MEET & PISS UP ME THINKS...YEAH BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last day of work for over 2 weeks...jesus I am so happy :D
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    Irish Al wrote:

So was the movie funny Jen??

T'was indeed! Wouldn't be the funniest I've ever seen, but t'was a good two hours entertainment alright! Jennifer Aniston was :o
    Irish Al wrote:
    Just for those that didnt see, I got an email from MCD the other day telling me about the PJ20 movie and that I need to keep an eye on pj20.com for the irish cinema release....DUBLIN CREW MEET & PISS UP ME THINKS...YEAH BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got such a heart flutter when they sent that mail, thought MCD were telling us about a tour date that wasn't announced or the likes... :( Deffo up for a pish up though :D
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,859
    jrd wrote:
    don't start that Lionel Richie stuff again! just read your post and now can't get that damn song out of my tiny brain... grrrrr... :x

Hello.... :lol:
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Options
    'morning on this fine morning!
  • Options
    Good morning again! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Morning Rita :)

Having a terribly boring long weekend so far. Haven't even had a drink! Off to my sisters this afternoon to mind her kids while herself and hubby have dinner, might need a drink after that :lol:
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!