Comments

• Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Hello my lovelies! Taking it easy this afternoon.... :mrgreen:
  • Options
    jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    redrock wrote:
    Hello my lovelies! Taking it easy this afternoon.... :mrgreen:

I'm trying to, but people seem to expect me to work! On a Friday afternoon! :roll:
    Still... almost beer-o'clock... ;)
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • Options
    EvolutionaryEvolutionary Posts: 880
    Eeeps! Nearly on page 3! :shock:

Mornin' all! Only three more mondays to go after today! :P
    ...London Doesn't Call Anymore... (rip joe)

Yes, I have been to some Pearl Jam concerts. Several of them.
  • Options
    JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    Good morning my lovelies!

I had a feckin' deadly weekend :) I had cocktails on Saturday night for a friends birthday, then off to the local rock an' roll pub for some dancing to welcome back a friend that is home from Australia for a few weeks before moving to Canada, and to well-wish another friend that is moving TO Australia. I'll miss her muchly :(

Aaaanywho, yesterday was the day for meeting t'other halfs family at his nieces christening. Think that went well enough! Then back to my emigrating friend last night for a few hugs and story-telling.

Totes late for work this morning but it was worth it :D
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    Sounds fairly epic Jen :D

Handsdown beats my weekend of sofa lounging :P

• Options
    eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    :wave: Went away for the weekend, had fun, it was very very warm though! :shock: Especially in my friend's apartment. Back home now, looking out into the rain. :lol:
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • Options
    Hello my crew!

You sure know how to pack a week-end Jenny!!!

I'm a bit happy because I saw that Alter Bridge will be playing Wembley Arena in November (I know.... long time from now). Been wanting to see them for ages... :mrgreen:

Daughter sending out her CV to loads of places hoping for part time work. Unfortunately, not many are hiring 16 year olds - even in the 'traditional' young student jobs... :(
  • Options
    Whoop! Stickies being removed! We've been promoted back to the front page! :mrgreen:

• Options
    dottlesdottles Posts: 9,136
    Whoop! Stickies being removed! We've been promoted back to the front page! :mrgreen:
    Just in time for all the new EV shows to start ;)
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Options
    Early morning to you lovelies!

Yep... stickies removed but will fill up quickly again!
  • Options
    Bejaysis, Frank Turner is on the radio!

Hope we're all well today :thumbup:
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    'morning!

No stickies but all these Ed threads are just as bad!

Hope all is well in the crew world!
  • Options
    Haven't heard from Pipsicle or Sián in a few days...

My feckin' bunny woke me up at half 5 this morning dancing about on the bed like a lunatic. Ye'd want the patience of saint around him sometimes, and he's only tiny :roll:

Hope yer feeling better Rita!
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    Jennytree wrote:
    Haven't heard from Pipsicle or Sián in a few days...
    They're alive and well... the ransom demands will be posted in good time :shifty: :shh:

Mornin' all... nice to be back at the top of the forum :mrgreen: :P

Erm.. bunny on the bed? People say I'm crazy cos the dog sleeps on my feet! :shock: :lol:

• Options
    Erm.. bunny on the bed? People say I'm crazy cos the dog sleeps on my feet! :shock: :lol:

...and bunny isn't even a euphimism for anything. He usually sleeps under the bed on his own pillow, but since I did the clearout he's been a little hyper for no reason.
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    Yay... got myself some tix for Alter Bridge at Wembley Arena in November! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Aawww... lil' bunny missing the fluff bunnies under the bed maybe? I'll trade a bunny dancing on the bed for a cat dropping a freshly caught, dead bird on my face at 6am on a Sunday morning! :lol:
  • Options
    Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    Yo yo yo peeps!

Been home at reasonable times all this week and last and feel like a new man...mrs al reckons she's gonna be sick of the sight of me by Friday :lol:

I had a listen to alter bridge...tbh I wasn't pushed...not meaning to offend you wonderful ladies but they reminded me of creed/nickleback :o

Still waiting for my hard rockin bands jen!!!

So what's the news?
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    Irish Al wrote:

I had a listen to alter bridge...tbh I wasn't pushed...not meaning to offend you wonderful ladies but they reminded me of creed/nickleback :o

REALLY?!
    Alter Bridge is an American rock band that was formed in 2004 in Orlando, Florida by then-former Creed members, lead guitarist Mark Tremonti, bassist Brian Marshall, and drummer Scott Phillips.[1]

:lol::lol:

Well, if yer not pushed by them, then I dunno what direction to send ye in really. Have ye ever heard of Pearl Jam? They were around the same time as Nirvana, but they're still going. :thumbup:
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    -Buru--Buru- Santa Barbara, CA Posts: 1,292
    Jennytree wrote:

Well, if yer not pushed by them, then I dunno what direction to send ye in really. Have ye ever heard of Pearl Jam? They were around the same time as Nirvana, but they're still going. :thumbup:

I heard they are pretty amazing live.
    Maybe I will check them out some time.
    I am just a dreamer, but you are just a dream...
    If I knew where it was I would take you there.

• Options
    'morning all!

Marina!!!!! :mrgreen: How have you been??

Al... regular hours? Home at a reasonable time? Hmmmmm.... don't get used to it - you might just be getting lulled into a false sense of security!

AB are really good - Myles is a fantastic singer. Gotta just forget this 'Creed' thing. Nothing like them at all....
  • Options
    -Buru--Buru- Santa Barbara, CA Posts: 1,292
    redrock wrote:
    'morning all!

Marina!!!!! :mrgreen: How have you been??

Al... regular hours? Home at a reasonable time? Hmmmmm.... don't get used to it - you might just be getting lulled into a false sense of security!

AB are really good - Myles is a fantastic singer. Gotta just forget this 'Creed' thing. Nothing like them at all....

I'm doing good. So sorry I have neglected the Dublin crew!!
    Hope you are all doing fantastic.
    I am just a dreamer, but you are just a dream...
    If I knew where it was I would take you there.

• Options
    Greetings folks!

Yesterday was a strange day in Dublin. It WAS sunny when I left work yesterday afternoon, so I went into Merrion Sq (beside where I saw Stone last year :lol: ) for the Street Performance World Championship for a little while. T'was going grand till it started lashing rain, and the performer got abandoned on a unicycle and we all had to hide under trees.

Then I went to this super posh place with expensive pints cos I got invited to a free party by a radio station here (the one I made ye's all listen to when I was driving to/from Galway). Loads of free drink and food at that so that was good. And then we went to see Senna which was fuckin' brilliant.

It was such a strange day in Dublin though. I walked passed one pub, and everyone was dressed up in bowler hats and suitscos of Blooms Day and singing happy birthday , and then I saw a dwarf dressed as a leprechaun on Grafton St. 8-)
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    V VV V Posts: 5,191
    Jennytree wrote:

:lol::lol::lol:

just keep listening and think more Cornell then blood creed !!!

wooo I had THE BEST TIME at download *sigh* still getting over it and washing n repacking for Glasto, we leave on monday. not much (from the stuff I know) worth watching QOTSA a MUST and I would like to check out U2, I also got meself a gig in the Snake Pit at Shangri-la, which is the crazy alnight area everyone goes to when the stages stop. It will be my first time performing there so I'm dead chuffed :mrgreen: just got choose what to do, dont want to do the death dance and give them headonist a bad trip hahahaha might try a little Drumcoprs ~ do check him out if you've not heard I Friggin LOVE his music.
    so EV solo's are rolling in again. who's seen the DVD ?
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • Options
    V, just looking at the line-up there, you should go see:

Biffy Clyro, Elbow, Momford & Sons, Jimmy Eat World, Newtown Faulkner, Imelda May, Flogging Molly... I stopped looking after that cos there's too many stages :lol:
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    ooOOoo ... V performing at Glasto!!! :mrgreen:

Yeah... Biffy... they're good fun. But you must come down to London on 29th November and get a bit more of lovely Myles, V!!!!!
  • Options
    jrd wrote:

no, not really, but i can do you a copy of the PJ in Belfast DVD if you want (once i get some dual-layer DVDs, that is)?

That would be exceptionally spiffing of you my good man...get thee to a currys pronto ;)
    Jennytree wrote:
    Alter Bridge is an American rock band that was formed in 2004 in Orlando, Florida by then-former Creed members, lead guitarist Mark Tremonti, bassist Brian Marshall, and drummer Scott Phillips.[1]

:lol::lol:

:shock: Jaysus I genuinely didnt know they were in creed...don't know if I could get over it..sorry girlies.
    Jen you are the rockiest chick I know...give me some of your good rock...PLEASEEEEEEE!!! :twisted:

Just watched Blood into Wine, Maynard's dvd about his vineyard...it was pretty cool, am about to head off and check out some Pusifer, had not really listened to them, I didnt know that Mila Jovovic (sp?) was singing with them :? But fuck me Maynard had one of the best voices ever....I keep trying to find a band like tool (bar a perfect circle) but I have yet to find anything as good..maybe thats why they're the best in the world...after PJ of course.
    :ugeek:
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    Irish Al wrote:
    jrd wrote:

no, not really, but i can do you a copy of the PJ in Belfast DVD if you want (once i get some dual-layer DVDs, that is)?

That would be exceptionally spiffing of you my good man...get thee to a currys pronto ;)

Got Some.

i'll see what i can do... burnt one and and got an error on verification so will play it just to check... i'm just so dedicated to quality... :ugeek:
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • Options
    Just looked at Amazon to see how much Ed's new album is...and saw this review:
    I was looking forward to this release, since I really enjoyed Eddie Vedder's first album, the Into The Wild Soundtrack. I was expecting something similar, but was dissapointed when I heard this album. It is an overdose of Ukulele on each and every track. If he played different instruments, the album might have turned out better.

like, durrrrhhh... what's the title of the album again...? :think:
  • Options
    :lol: that is hilarious :lol:

So how is the DVD???
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    jrd wrote:
    Just looked at Amazon to see how much Ed's new album is...and saw this review:
    I was looking forward to this release, since I really enjoyed Eddie Vedder's first album, the Into The Wild Soundtrack. I was expecting something similar, but was dissapointed when I heard this album. It is an overdose of Ukulele on each and every track. If he played different instruments, the album might have turned out better.

like, durrrrhhh... what's the title of the album again...? :think:

I must admit..... I find it a bit boring.. :oops: