Dublin crew!!!

Comments

• dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    jrd wrote:
    ..."His name is Rio and he watches from the stand..."

8-)

you stealing my pal's jokes? :mrgreen::mrgreen:;)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    dunkman wrote:
    jrd wrote:
    ..."His name is Rio and he watches from the stand..."

8-)

you stealing my pal's jokes? :mrgreen::mrgreen:;)

aye, i can never think of my own - or remember where i heard them in the first place...! :oops:
    i'll buy him a half of shandy before the Hyde Park show to make up for it ;)
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • V VV V Posts: 5,191
    morning !
    nothing more to say realy. :?
    shld I do some paper wk OR dancing OR sand the filler in the Bathroom ???? ummmmmmmm :|
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Dance... much more fun.
  • BergfallBergfall Posts: 115
    Hey Dublin crew,
    I'm trying to scramble-organize the Dub->Bel->Lon->Berlin thingy,
    and (at least I'm not starting two days before leaving Oslo....like last year...mmmmm...MegaBus :? :D :shock: )
    wonder if you lot could give me a quick pointer to what's cheapest and available now to avoid
    hitchhicking/swimming to get around the island's....

Got seriously overwhelmed my the googles answer, and the 2000+ pages here, so I beg your pardon
    if this has been answered to the n-th degree....

Dublin (btw. spent four days there visiting an art school friend a couple of years back, which ended up
    with me alone and confused most of the time ;-) so cheers to all sociable and nice people of Dub, a friendly
    lot, indeed) to Belfast is pretty easy, but getting from Belfast to London is really the question, I guess,
    so sorry if I should have gone straight to the Belfast Crew (I'm guessing there's some "overlap"..;-) )...

Saw some nice looking train/boat overnight 24->25 thing, but tried ordering, and got the usual "no tickets
    for you"-message that slackers like me tend to get when facing what has been postponed...

That seemed like such a much more awesome way, than flying straight....but is it to late to even think
    to much about alternatives? Do I have to just book the cheapest air fare I can find Bel->Lon asap?

Thanks!
    Bergfall,
    Oslo
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    I think most of us are flying Belfast -> London (other than those heading back to Dublin night of the show and then flying from there on the Thurs/Fri)

I know people who have booked Aer Lingus and BMI. Sure ryanair and easyjet may have reasonable priced flights too.
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • I was sent THE BEST joke today:

I walked past the fridge earlier and thought I heard an onion singing a Bee Gee's song. I opened the fridge door and it turns out it was just a chive talking.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    I was sent THE BEST joke today:

I walked past the fridge earlier and thought I heard an onion singing a Bee Gee's song. I opened the fridge door and it turns out it was just a chive talking.

Funnily enough I was sent it too :P
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • chime wrote:

Odd that :shifty:
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

chime wrote:

Odd that :shifty:

it's hard to take you lot celery-ously...
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
    OK, dumbass question alert... :oops:

as a UKcitizen, travelling London Heathrow to Dublin to Belfast and back to London Heathrow... do i need my passport or is it OK to just photo ID like my drivers license ?

Air Fungus say only photo ID is needed but should i trust 'em...?!
  • jrd wrote:
    OK, dumbass question alert... :oops:

as a UKcitizen, travelling London Heathrow to Dublin to Belfast and back to London Heathrow... do i need my passport or is it OK to just photo ID like my drivers license ?

Air Fungus say only photo ID is needed but should i trust 'em...?!

Ehhhhhhh I flew to Belfast a couple of years ago with BMI and they said they were getting rid of the photo ID policy and that you would have to have a passport in future... I know for a fact you can't get to Dublin without one.

Aer Lingus lie.

• redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Jenny!!!!! Found it!!! :mrgreen:
  • mateymatemateymate Posts: 291
    I would say passport is king in that sort of situation.

I am flying into Dublin on the 21st from East Midlands and get there for about 8am, I will be on my own and my hotel doesn't check in until 2pm, could you residents recommend any must see sights to see in this time?
    Reading 2006, Paris 2006, Wembley 2007, Manchester 2009, London 2009, Dublin, Belfast, London 2010, Manchester x 2 2012, London x 2 2018.
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    redrock wrote:
    Jenny!!!!! Found it!!! :mrgreen:

Good woman ;)
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Ok, quick SERIOUS question now, is it wise for me to take an England flag to Belfast for the England match?

• Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    I'd say it's safe enough at the match. Just don't go waving it about in the town square or whatever ;)
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • I'd say it's safe enough at the match. Just don't go waving it about in the town square or whatever ;)

Thanks. I wasn't gonna be brazen enough to wave it around the streets, just in the pub :)

I'm only asking because everyone at work thinks it's a really bad idea and i'm gonna end up in a bloody pulp on Belfast's streets for waving it at an England game...

• dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Ok, quick SERIOUS question now, is it wise for me to take an England flag to Belfast for the England match?

serious answer.

depends on where in Belfast you are staying... some areas can be very pro or anti UK.
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • dunkman wrote:
    Ok, quick SERIOUS question now, is it wise for me to take an England flag to Belfast for the England match?

serious answer.

depends on where in Belfast you are staying... some areas can be very pro or anti UK.

We're at the Premier Inn on Waring street.

Is everyone meeting at the pub for the match or have I made that up? :think:

• dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,548
    I WOULD LOVE TO WATCH A MATCH IN A PUB,I WANNA SEE HOW U SEE,REACT IN A FOOTBALL MATCH..EXEPT DRINKING I MEAN.. :D
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • audiodaveaudiodave Posts: 1,623
    dunkman wrote:

serious answer.

We're at the Premier Inn on Waring street.

Is everyone meeting at the pub for the match or have I made that up? :think:

Depending on the reaction to your flag, we may have to arrive at the hotel at different times. No sense in us both ending up in a bloody pulp is there ;)
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

I don't wanna think, I wanna feel

Dublin 23/08/06 Lisbon I 04/09/06 Lisbon II 05/09/06 Paris 11/09/06 Verona 16/09/06

London 18/06/07 Dusseldorf 21/06/07 Copenhagen 26/06/07 Nijmegen 28/06/07
  • I'd say it's safe enough at the match. Just don't go waving it about in the town square or whatever ;)

Thanks. I wasn't gonna be brazen enough to wave it around the streets, just in the pub :)

I'm only asking because everyone at work thinks it's a really bad idea and i'm gonna end up in a bloody pulp on Belfast's streets for waving it at an England game...

:lol:

Yeah should i wear my England shirt? :think:
    I'd say it's safe enough at the match. Just don't go waving it about in the town square or whatever ;)

I think you should paint the England flag on your face :P
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

Dublin 23/08/06 Lisbon I 04/09/06 Lisbon II 05/09/06 Paris 11/09/06 Verona 16/09/06

• audiodave wrote:

I think you should paint the England flag on your face :P

I'll wear my shirt, paint my face, have a flag tied round my neck with a fog horn in my hand singing 'Vindaloo' in Belfast City Centre.

You in?
    I'll wear my shirt, paint my face, have a flag tied round my neck with a fog horn in my hand singing 'Vindaloo' in Belfast City Centre.

You in?

I'll go one better. I'll quietly cheer if England score/win. That way, I get to be English AND alive :mrgreen:

Your idea would be hillarious though :lol: I'm sure Sian would join ya.
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

• audiodave wrote:

You in?

I'll go one better. I'll quietly cheer if England score/win. That way, I get to be English AND alive :mrgreen:

Cool. Just put the lyrics to 'Three Lions' on our Tombstones will ya :P
  • audiodave wrote:

You in?

Cool. Just put the lyrics to 'Three Lions' on our Tombstones will ya :P

Deal!! :D

My Dave's a pussy :P :lol:

(love you poppet ;) xxx)

• JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    Go Ireland! *waves teeny flag made of potatoes*
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Jennytree wrote:
    Go Ireland! *waves teeny flag made of potatoes*

*cough* Ireland aren't in it *cough* ;)