Dublin crew!!!

Comments

• redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Up early for a Saturday. Must tidy a bit just in case someone knocks at the door in a few hours ;):mrgreen:

Tzaziki.... mustn't forget to make that!

A cup of coffee of two before though!

Lovely day today, very excited for tomorrow, even if they talk of a bit of rain passing by. :D
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,548
    redrock wrote:
    Up early for a Saturday. Must tidy a bit just in case someone knocks at the door in a few hours ;):mrgreen:

Tzaziki.... mustn't forget to make that!

A cup of coffee of two before though!

Lovely day today, very excited for tomorrow, even if they talk of a bit of rain passing by. :D
    tzaziki??..please dont forget this: no kiss people after eat tzaziki.. :mrgreen:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    Lone Wolf wrote:
    :oops: If you don´t mind me asking...where do I get tickets? At the airport? Or the bus?

You can buy tickets on the bus. There's also a ticket machine beside the bus stop.

For local busses (these busses that go from the Airport into Dublin city centre but will stop at every stop along the way, the 747 goes direct) you will pay €2.20 which you can pay on the bus but you'll need the exact change.

16a - goes to Nutgrove Avenue, but you can get off on O'Connell St (ye can't miss O'Connell St., it's the one with the big metal spike thingy on it :lol: )
    41/41b go to Lower Abbey St.
    746 goes to Dun Laoghaire but it'll bring you to O'Connell St too. Lower Abbey St. is just a side street off O'Connell St.

There's always an inspector there outside the airport. You can ask him any questions you want :D
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
    i read that to go from airport to my hotel,Anchor Guesthouse ,take Dublin Bus # 41 and go out at the last stop
    Lower Abbey Street,and its 200 metres from there..€2.20. but not the best way when u carry big bag..
    Yep, that sounds about right... can't confirm the bus number but if you go to http://www.dublinbus.ie it will tell ya which bus to get where. I presume it's one of the buses that go from straight outside arrivals... they usually have some baggage space and then you only have to walk 200m with your bag :P

Sure, the aircoach may be a bit quicker and if ya don't mind paying the extra go ahead... but Dublin bus is fine too and gives you another option.

If yas aren't sure where to get off either... ask the driver when you're getting on and sit close to him and he'll give you a shout... sometimes it's best to remind him or stay where he can see ya though :D
    Thanks Helen,see you soon :)
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • GetALifeGetALife Posts: 563
    ONE SPARE 10C TICKET FOR LONDON! - PM please.
    2000: Hamburg
    2006: Berlin
    2007: Munich * Düsseldorf
    2009: Berlin * Manchester * London
    2010: Dublin * Belfast * Berlin
    2012: Amsterdam I & II * Berlin I & II * Stockholm * Oslo * Copenhagen
    EV 2012: Amsterdam I & II
    2014: Amsterdam I & II * Milan * Trieste * Vienna * Berlin
    EV 2017: Berlin
    2018: Amsterdam I & II * Prague * Krakow * Berlin
    2022: Berlin- Vienna - Prague - Amsterdam I - Amsterdam II #
    2024: Berlin I & II

~~~

“It is curious that while good people go to great lengths to spare their children from suffering, few of them seem to notice that the one (and only) guaranteed way to prevent all the suffering of their children is not to bring those children into existence in the first place.”
    ― David Benatar - Better Never to Have Been: The Harm of Coming into Existence

• Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    Jaysus, the way we're all goin on here, you'd think Dublin actually has decent public transport :D
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • -Buru--Buru- Posts: 1,292
    Tour is almost here.... anyone excited yet? ;)

I saw more rumors about Pearl Jam in South America in coming months, and I want to bash my head in... I am leaving in August, so it looks like I will miss them, unless they come in December (since I will be returning to Argentina for the holidays in mid-December)

I don't want to curse myself yet but *#%&/*&*()!*!#$#%&**!!!!
    I am just a dreamer, but you are just a dream...
    If I knew where it was I would take you there.

• chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Hey guys ... my spare 10c ticket for HRC is now available if you know anyone who needs one :mrgreen:
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    chime wrote:
    Hey guys ... my spare 10c ticket for HRC is now available if you know anyone who needs one :mrgreen:
    Not me anyway ;)
    I need a coffee!
    Irish Al wrote:
    chime wrote:
    Not me anyway ;)

My ticket not good enough for ya :twisted: :P

... enjoy your trip to see lil bro ;)
  • jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    dunkman wrote:
    I'm up for meeting in London before the show! :thumbup:

We're not getting into London until 12:30 and we'll have to check into the hotel so it won't be 'til the afternoon though. :(

yeah, we're the same ... any time after 3pm and i'm good to go on the sauce :thumbup:

sounds good to me...! :roll:
    will be 'at work' on Friday after 3 days off doing Dublin and Belfast but should hopefully be able to slope off by 4pm or so, no interest in the support bands so a few beers should do nicely! ;)
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    redrock wrote:
    Any more Dublin spares floating around? Turns out the OH is able to come after all :D .

Dave I wouldn't mind hearing Oceans at all :)

So what's ya all up to for the weekend?[/quote

jrd had one earlier today.... a Dublin and a Belfast. Quick!
    Got sorted... he's finally gonna get to see what the big deal is all about :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
    Jaysus, the way we're all goin on here, you'd think Dublin actually has decent public transport :D
    Compared to where i'm livin now it's like the feckin metro :mrgreen:

In all honesty though, I think Dublin is one of the easiest and cheapest airport-city transfers... certainly the easiest I've been to.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • AnarionKingAnarionKing Posts: 170
    depending on the driver, you could get charged 25 -30 euro straight to your door.
    Or you could get the direct bus for 6 euro if i remember correctly. Then you're about a 5 -10 minute walk to your hotel.

it is possible to get an honest taxi driver, but not likely.

I will be taking a cab, as long as me and the driver agree on 20€ before I get in the cab.
    chime wrote:
    My ticket not good enough for ya :twisted: :P

... enjoy your trip to see lil bro ;)

of course it is ;)

thanks again JRD you're a legend :D

got a lil jealous when I saw pip's photos from today on facebook...hope you all had a great day :)
    I need a coffee!
    Tired........................................................ zzzzzzzzzzz
    ............zzzzzzzzzzzzz....same here..morning Rita,morning all :)
    Rage last night, D. No sleep. Three/four coffees and I'm feeling better!
    Bank holiday in ireland today...sweet :D
    I need a coffee!
  • likcialikcia Posts: 10
    i need a dublin ticket !!!! please help!
    thanks;)
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Irish Al wrote:

i'm surprised you feckers still have banks, never mind bank holidays. ;);)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    dunkman wrote:
    Irish Al wrote:

Of course we have banks...the taxpayer has bailed them all out to the tune of €50billion odd...and according to our finance minister...we can afford it...the same man looking for €2 billion in public sector savings through paycuts, bot replacing doctors, nurses, teachers...etc...fuckers!
    I need a coffee!
    Irish Al wrote:

got a lil jealous when I saw pip's photos from today on facebook...hope you all had a great day :)

T'was a lovely weekend altogether 8-)

Was an awesome gig too :mrgreen: ... enjoy your day off! i'm enjoying mine :D ... still in bed :oops: :P
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Irish Al wrote:
    dunkman wrote:
    Irish Al wrote:

Of course we have banks...the taxpayer has bailed them all out to the tune of €50billion odd...and according to our finance minister...we can afford it...the same man looking for €2 billion in public sector savings through paycuts, bot replacing doctors, nurses, teachers...etc...fuckers!

save it for the Moving Train bitch

;);):lol:
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    I was this () close to getting a tix for Dublin, but things didn't go my way. Anyone out there need to get rid of one yet? Thank you.
    Saw the pics.. looks like a great weekend was had by all :D Saw one of the tshirts in Worcester today!

I've to go to the afters of a wedding tomorrow :oops: don't really wanna... it's a Tuesday and it's way out of the way and there's a very good chance I could get stranded or way too drunk for a Tuesday night :twisted:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Hello all! :mrgreen: Had a blinding weekend with everyone... but knackered and achey as hell now :(

May I just take this post to personally thank Rita and family for giving us fantastic hospitality and company in their home this weekend.
    Rita, you really are the Hostess with the Mostess. We felt so comfortable and welcome at your place, we didn't want to leave! Thank you so much for everything, you're one hell of a woman, a real inspiration to me and a beautiful person. You get 11 out of 10 stars in our 'PJ accomodation' review for sure ;):D Thanks again! xx

P.S. Dave waved... I think that means 'Hello'. :roll: :lol:
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
    You're making me blush. :oops: **waves back to Dave**
    'twas lovely having you guys. Kitty boys and girls agree too!

I had a bit of a nap this afternoon so feel better. Probably won't be able to sleep because of the nap!! :mrgreen:

A couple more weeks! Though we do have the french exchange arriving Saturday for the week...
    redrock wrote:
    Probably won't be able to sleep because of the nap!! :mrgreen:
    ill be watching in the morning... :lol:
    redrock wrote:
    Probably won't be able to sleep because of the nap!! :mrgreen:
    ill be watching in the morning... :lol:
    Pervy voyeur! :mrgreen: