Dublin crew!!!

Comments

• JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    Hey Wolfy, I'm still safe with your sisters spare ticket yeah?

Wait... for Dublin?! Are you taking that one for someone else?
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • wolfamongwolveswolfamongwolves Posts: 2,414
    Jennytree wrote:

if I'm not mistaken it's for his friend's little sister...
    93: Slane
    96: Cork, Dublin
    00: Dublin
    06: London, Dublin
    07: London, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    09: Manchester, London
    10: Dublin, Belfast, London & Berlin
    11: San José
    12: Isle of Wight, Copenhagen, Ed in Manchester & London x2
  • After the noon :wave:

On the subject of Euros/pounds... we have to use Euros in Dublin, Pounds in Belfast and London and then Euros again in Nijmegen and Berlin... we have absolutely no idea how to go about this and how much to get :wtf:

Dave said the price is good at the min though, so I might hike into town one afternoon next week and drive a hard bargain iwth the Bureau De Change... :twisted:
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    Jennytree wrote:

if I'm not mistaken it's for his friend's little sister...
    yeah that's right. Don't worry Jenny, I'm still taking your ticket for me :)
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    edited June 2010
    For the Brits exchanging money check this site first http://travelmoney.moneysavingexpert.com/

Based on which debit/credit cards you have etc it will tell you whether you're better to get money out straight from ATMs in the foreign country or exchange first http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/travel ... avel-money ... and will also tell you the best deals you will get on exchanging money.

For me when I went to Malta my best deal happened to be to print off a voucher and take it to a Bureau De Change I walk past every day on my way to and from work :thumbup:
    Post edited by chime on
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    After the noon :wave:

On the subject of Euros/pounds... we have to use Euros in Dublin, Pounds in Belfast and London and then Euros again in Nijmegen and Berlin... we have absolutely no idea how to go about this and how much to get :wtf:

Dave said the price is good at the min though, so I might hike into town one afternoon next week and drive a hard bargain iwth the Bureau De Change... :twisted:

or you get a CaxtonFX Global traveller card and then you don't worry about the different currencies ever again :thumbup:
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    any of you guys meeting up in London? like a pub on the day near the venue n stuff?

I can't remember seeing anything being organised and such-like?
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    redrock wrote:
    jrd wrote:

meanwhile, am currently on hols in Italy where the weather is... 'English'... bummer... :(

Was thinking about bussing it but taxi sounds better. We're staying at the Jury's Inn nearish the venue. Which airline/flight are you on? We're on Aer Lingus EI165, leaving Heathrow at 2.15, arriving in Dublin at 3.35.

OK, i *think* that's the flight that i'm on but don't have the details to hand... i know it's Air Fungus from Heathrow and the times sound familiar...

and i can't remember where i'm staying except it's not the Jurys Inn... :oops: (think you got the last 'cheap' room there!)
    will get back to you Sunday or after, back in England on Saturday evening.
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
    edited June 2010
    :P
    Post edited by chime on
  • jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    right, i have a spare for Dublin and for Belfast.

first come, first served.

i don't get land in Dublin until about 15:30 so won't get the ticket until...errr...sometime after that so will just have to meet in a pub (shame) rather than the queue.
    getting the 11:00 train to Belfast the next day.

PM me if interested but i'm currently in Italy so probably won't check messages until Sunday... ;)
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
    jrd, hope you're having a good time! Best of luck trying to get rid of the Dublin ticket :roll: :lol:
    yeah that's right. Don't worry Jenny, I'm still taking your ticket for me :)

Panic over so!
    dunkman wrote:
    any of you guys meeting up in London? like a pub on the day near the venue n stuff?

I don't get into London until maybe 3 or so on the Friday, but definitely on for pintage before PJ starts. No interest in seeing the support bands!
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
    Anyone heard anything from UKDave - is he around for the shenanigans?
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
    Jennytree wrote:
    Anyone heard anything from UKDave - is he around for the shenanigans?

He was texting me yesterday about sorting his plans for getting home post Hyde Park! Think he may be driving down on the day with eldest son, youngest son has an exam on the day so last I heard was making his own way.
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Dave's definitely around for Hard Rock Calling (arriving on the day) as he has my spare!
    jrd wrote:
    (think you got the last 'cheap' room there!).

I did :mrgreen:
    dunkman wrote:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=133327

Somewhat organised!
    redrock wrote:
    dunkman wrote:

Somewhat organised!

That's the day before though I think
    redrock wrote:
    dunkman wrote:

Somewhat organised!

thanks Rita.. I'm not there the night before so i was wondering if people from this thread mainly were planning on somewhere for on the actual day? My wife and my pal Don are coming also...
    chime wrote:
    redrock wrote:
    dunkman wrote:

Somewhat organised!

That's the day before though I think

Duh..... I should take a bit more time to read!!!!
  • Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    JRD take this as your pm...I'll take your spare, thank you please :D

today I am mostly rockin out my shebu tshirt with a side order of philly boots
    I need a coffee!
    dunkman wrote:
    redrock wrote:
    dunkman wrote:

Somewhat organised!

thanks Rita.. I'm not there the night before so i was wondering if people from this thread mainly were planning on somewhere for on the actual day? My wife and my pal Don are coming also...

I would like to know as well. Trying to arrange a time and place to meet up with Dave and if people are going to the pub, it would be so much easier!
    Still haven't received my badges :( Spoke to the guys, they said they had some material supply problems. I was hoping to give some out on Sunday. Told them I needed them by the 19th at the very latest!!!! They're going to add some for free because of delay. Just hope I do get them on time.
    redrock wrote:
    I would like to know as well. Trying to arrange a time and place to meet up with Dave and if people are going to the pub, it would be so much easier!

aye, a pub near the place would be great... I'm not planning on going in at 4 or whenever the doors open... most likely I'd be heading in around 6 or so... so 3 hours in the boozer beforehand would be awesomes. :thumbup:
  • Thierry HenryThierry Henry Posts: 2,654
    Guns n' Roses in Sept...... do we dare??

How many more gigs can I do this year. I'm flat out!
    Dublin '96, '00, '06, '10
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
    Saw G'n'R twice in '06. Totally shite and would be hard pushed to listen to Axl squeal his way through another gig :lol:
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
    I absolutely love the old G'n'R. Not sure about the current one though.

I want to see Slash **stomps foot**
    To those thinking of getting a taxi from Dublin airport - you will be fleeced. fair warning.
    Really Hitch???? What kind of price should it be? Bus then?
    depending on the driver, you could get charged 25 -30 euro straight to your door.
    Or you could get the direct bus for 6 euro if i remember correctly. Then you're about a 5 -10 minute walk to your hotel.

it is possible to get an honest taxi driver, but not likely.
  • I'm up for meeting in London before the show! :thumbup:

We're not getting into London until 12:30 and we'll have to check into the hotel so it won't be 'til the afternoon though. :(

Oh and we may have three stragglers in the form of my ex, our little dead friend and Dave's sister :lol:
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.