Dublin crew!!!

Comments

• JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    it is possible to get an honest taxi driver, but not likely.

My friend is a taxi driver, and would recommend you get a taxi from the departures instead of arrivals. A taxi into Dublin city centre would cost about €20 anyway.

As mentioned though, you would be just as handy getting the 747 outside the Arrivals hall for €6, which will leave you at the main bus station (Bus Aras).

Red, it would take maybe 5 minutes or so to walk from the bus station to Jurys. Not sure if that would suit you/Rob or not :)
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • eldarion75eldarion75 Posts: 2,488
    Need your help lads. Its silly but I noticed somebody in the band or their camp has being paying attention to peoples requests and ideas for songs that age being posted here. I started a thread over in the porch about playing oceans in dublin. Go give it some love will yis please? We're a small nation surrounded by oceans and with good surf. You know its the right thing to do. Plus im takin names so if you dont, ill bug you endlessly about it when I see you in dublin. Thats all..thanks lads x
  • eldarion75 wrote:
    thanks lads x

Fine then... us women won't support you! :P
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Jennytree wrote:
    it is possible to get an honest taxi driver, but not likely.

My friend is a taxi driver, and would recommend you get a taxi from the departures instead of arrivals. A taxi into Dublin city centre would cost about €20 anyway.

As mentioned though, you would be just as handy getting the 747 outside the Arrivals hall for €6, which will leave you at the main bus station (Bus Aras).

Red, it would take maybe 5 minutes or so to walk from the bus station to Jurys. Not sure if that would suit you/Rob or not :)

Hmm.... considerations! If jrd and I split costs then it should be comparable to bus.
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    I'm up for meeting in London before the show! :thumbup:

We're not getting into London until 12:30 and we'll have to check into the hotel so it won't be 'til the afternoon though. :(

yeah, we're the same ... any time after 3pm and i'm good to go on the sauce :thumbup:
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • dunkman wrote:

We're not getting into London until 12:30 and we'll have to check into the hotel so it won't be 'til the afternoon though. :(

yeah, we're the same ... any time after 3pm and i'm good to go on the sauce :thumbup:

3pm is Bonza. Sounds good to me :thumbup:
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
    dunkman wrote:

3pm is Bonza. Sounds good to me :thumbup:

Agus mise :wave:
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • eldarion75eldarion75 Posts: 2,488
    Lads refers to ladies and gents where im from..how about folks instead? Better? Who WOULDNT wanna hear oceans to start off the european tour?? Cmon..we all would!
  • Thierry HenryThierry Henry Posts: 2,654
    eldarion75 wrote:
    Lads refers to ladies and gents where im from..how about folks instead? Better? Who WOULDNT wanna hear oceans to start off the european tour?? Cmon..we all would!

I'm a "Release" man and always will be. Oceans or Wash would be next on my list.
    We've seen:

1996 Release
    2000 Sometimes
    2006 Inside job
    2010 ?
    Dublin '96, '00, '06, '10
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
  • Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    Hi Helen! Haven't seen hide nor hair of you for a long time.
    Hello there :) presumably I'll see ya in a couple of weeks? I'm just doing Dublin though :oops: but I'm doing the whole week and I'm doing it well :D . Can't feckin wait... haven't been out in Dublin since I moved to this shitehole :D

How you been? We've probably got quite a bit of catchin up to do!
    Indeed. Can't believe you're only doing Dublin. Oh well. Just like me in '06.

We'll have to catch up at the Sub Lounge, cos I'll be bussing off to Belfast, London & Berlin after that... :mrgreen:
    :shock: bussin to Berlin????
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
    Any more Dublin spares floating around? Turns out the OH is able to come after all :D .

Dave I wouldn't mind hearing Oceans at all :)

So what's ya all up to for the weekend?
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • If any kind kind soul could grab me an "Ireland Only" tee (if one exists) from the upcoming Dublin show, I would be eternally grateful!!

I am American, but nearly 100% Irish, by descent... and would really covet two of my favorite things ever (Pearl Jam, and being Irish) being combined into one entity! I always thought that Ireland poster w/ the leprechaun was one of the best PJ gig posters ever.

Enjoy the show - you lucky European bastards!!!

Sláinte,

Sean
    Camden - 5/28/06; Camden - 6/20/08; MSG - 6/25/08; Newark - (Ed Solo) 8/7/08; Philly - (Ed Solo) 6/12/09; Philly - 10/30/09; Philly - 10/31/09; Newark - 5/18/10; MSG - 5/20/10; MSG - 5/21/10
    If any kind kind soul could grab me an "Ireland Only" tee (if one exists) from the upcoming Dublin show, I would be eternally grateful!!

I am American, but nearly 100% Irish, by descent... and would really covet two of my favorite things ever (Pearl Jam, and being Irish) being combined into one entity! I always thought that Ireland poster w/ the leprechaun was one of the best PJ gig posters ever.

Enjoy the show - you lucky European bastards!!!

Sláinte,

Sean

I guess it'd be most practical for me to offer! PM me with info :) I can't promise anything as I'll aim to be at the front, but if there's anything left afterwards (I'll be aiming for one myself) I can get you one too!
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,548
    1996 Release
    2000 Sometimes
    2006 Inside job
    2010 Gonna see my friends
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Lone WolfLone Wolf Posts: 1,023
    Jennytree wrote:
    ]

20 euros for a taxi drive from Dublin airport to city centre? That´s not too bad!
    Apparently I have to wait for nearly two hours until the shuttle bus departures...
    Dream the dreams of other men,...You´ll be no ones rival,...
    Dream the dreams of others then,... You will be no ones rival,...
    Lone Wolf wrote:

20 euros for a taxi drive from Dublin airport to city centre? That´s not too bad!
    Apparently I have to wait for nearly two hours until the shuttle bus departures...

Which shuttle bus?
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
    Jennytree wrote:
    Lone Wolf wrote:

Which shuttle bus?

To Gardiner Street, staying at Isaacs hotel
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Any more Dublin spares floating around? Turns out the OH is able to come after all :D .

Dave I wouldn't mind hearing Oceans at all :)

So what's ya all up to for the weekend?[/quote

jrd had one earlier today.... a Dublin and a Belfast. Quick!
    Lone Wolf wrote:
    Jennytree wrote:
    Lone Wolf wrote:

Which shuttle bus?

To Gardiner Street, staying at Isaacs hotel

You would be better off just getting the Airlink bus. Costs €6 and goes every 10mins or so! It'll leave you off around the corner from Gardiner St.

http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Your-Journey ... ables/747/
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
    Jennytree wrote:
    Lone Wolf wrote:
    You would be better off just getting the Airlink bus. Costs €6 and goes every 10mins or so! It'll leave you off around the corner from Gardiner St.

Awesome! Thanks for that!!
    Jennytree wrote:
    Lone Wolf wrote:

:oops: If you don´t mind me asking...where do I get tickets? At the airport? Or the bus?
    Lone Wolf wrote:
    Jennytree wrote:
    Lone Wolf wrote:

:oops: If you don´t mind me asking...where do I get tickets? At the airport? Or the bus?
    When you come through arrivals, go straight out the door in front of you and the bus is there on the left. I'm pretty sure there's a ticket machine just outside the door.

Also, anytime I've been going from the airport to the city centre, the normal Dublin buses go from around the same place and is only about 2euro. I've always got into town really quickly on that... never a problem... and it was usually in rush hour. The times you lot will be getting in, there should be no traffic at all.

Rita, thanks a mil... pm dropped :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Lone Wolf wrote:
    When you come through arrivals, go straight out the door in front of you and the bus is there on the left. I'm pretty sure there's a ticket machine just outside the door.

Also, anytime I've been going from the airport to the city centre, the normal Dublin buses go from around the same place and is only about 2euro. I've always got into town really quickly on that... never a problem... and it was usually in rush hour. The times you lot will be getting in, there should be no traffic at all.

Thank you Helen!
  • Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    Sorry D but they're gonna kick off with whipping :D
    I need a coffee!
    i read that to go from airport to my hotel,Anchor Guesthouse ,take Dublin Bus # 41 and go out at the last stop
    Lower Abbey Street,and its 200 metres from there..€2.20. but not the best way when u carry big bag..
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    i read that to go from airport to my hotel,Anchor Guesthouse ,take Dublin Bus # 41 and go out at the last stop
    Lower Abbey Street,and its 200 metres from there..€2.20. but not the best way when u carry big bag..

Looks like there´s plenty of choice then...Anchor Guesthouse isn´t too far from my hotel...

Thanks everyone :thumbup:
    Yep, that sounds about right... can't confirm the bus number but if you go to http://www.dublinbus.ie it will tell ya which bus to get where. I presume it's one of the buses that go from straight outside arrivals... they usually have some baggage space and then you only have to walk 200m with your bag :P

Sure, the aircoach may be a bit quicker and if ya don't mind paying the extra go ahead... but Dublin bus is fine too and gives you another option.

If yas aren't sure where to get off either... ask the driver when you're getting on and sit close to him and he'll give you a shout... sometimes it's best to remind him or stay where he can see ya though :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Lone Wolf wrote:

Looks like there´s plenty of choice then...Anchor Guesthouse isn´t too far from my hotel...

Thanks everyone :thumbup:
    when u arrive?what time?
    If all goes well 09.55
    Oh, forgot..on Monday June 21st