Dublin crew!!!

Comments

• danleridanleri Posts: 497
    dunkman wrote:
    I will not be queueing for any shows. Never have and never will. I much prefer the luxury of going to the pub before the show, being able to leave whenever I like, not having a stranger scribble a number on my hand and not being shouted at by Sandra for 'jumping the queue' because i've moved forward slightly with a sneeze.

I'm almost tempted to queue just so that I can annoy Sandra... I remember sitting with Helen at Manchester and we just walked to the front and sat down, well i lay down cos i was still pissed and I could feel the onset of an almighty hangover coming on and we were sitting laughing about what would happen if we got a row about where we had just sat down... but nobody said a word... but I think i had that "if you're going to bug me it better be fucking worth it" kinda face on me that day.... :lol::lol:

actually i'm not sure if no-one said a word... I think Helen might have had someone ask her why we were there? I can't remember....

makes me want to get drunk reliving that. :mrgreen:
    You had to go mention the war :evil: in fact somebody *cough*einat*cough* ratted me out to Sandra who then asked if anyone could vouch for me :roll: so this wonderful display of affection from people I considered friends lead me to think 'fuck em fuck em all' and give up on the queueing altogether... like they've never skipped a fuckin queue in their lives... fuckers! Fuckin motherfuckin fuckers! Ahhhhh... that felt good.

Anyway, helluuuuuuu all :D how's everyone?

ahah and once again here we go... the "q" factor! that's why i always try and get to venues early... but i also do understand the point of view of who cant be bothered q'ing! and i hate the bithcing and moaning! we're all going to a gig to see the best band in the world and to meet some friends while we're at it! i look forward to it, see u all there!
    Verona '00 | Dublin '06 | Barcelona '06 | London '07 | Copenhagen '07 | Berlin '09 | Dublin '10 | Belfast '10 | Berlin '10 | Toronto1 '11 | Toronto2 '11 | Amsterdam1 '12 | Stockholm '12 | Oslo '12 | Copenhagen '12 | Brooklyn1 '13 | Brooklyn2 '13 | Amsterdam1 '14 | Amsterdam2 '14 | Vienna '14 | Berlin '14
  • Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    danleri wrote:

ahah and once again here we go... the "q" factor! that's why i always try and get to venues early... but i also do understand the point of view of who cant be bothered q'ing! and i hate the bithcing and moaning! we're all going to a gig to see the best band in the world and to meet some friends while we're at it! i look forward to it, see u all there!
    :D See ya in the queue. Ya going out the night before too?

Ah the skateboard incident :mrgreen: that was cool... can't believe it's been 4 years already :shock: To think before that year, I'd never seen them :oops:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • danleridanleri Posts: 497

Well I'd like to make it and have a few with you all :-) but since I'm totally nuts I might just go to the O2 a couple days before the gig with a sleeping bag and a few sambos... :-)
    Verona '00 | Dublin '06 | Barcelona '06 | London '07 | Copenhagen '07 | Berlin '09 | Dublin '10 | Belfast '10 | Berlin '10 | Toronto1 '11 | Toronto2 '11 | Amsterdam1 '12 | Stockholm '12 | Oslo '12 | Copenhagen '12 | Brooklyn1 '13 | Brooklyn2 '13 | Amsterdam1 '14 | Amsterdam2 '14 | Vienna '14 | Berlin '14
    danleri wrote:

Well I'd like to make it and have a few with you all :-) but since I'm totally nuts I might just go to the O2 a couple days before the gig with a sleeping bag and a few sambos... :-)
    :mrgreen: well don't tell too many people or they'll get there first. And you forgot to mention the beer.

If ya decide to do that, hopefully I'll see ya inside then, if not see ya the night before :mrgreen: nutter!
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,548
    someone didnt woke up today? :roll:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    Crap nights sleep :(
    I need a coffee!
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    someone didnt woke up today? :roll:
    :mrgreen:

Good Morning all! A day off today but I still got up early (ish) 'cause I have to go do the food shopping. Getting that over and done with early then we can do a 'family' thing later. Lovely day... maybe go to Windsor?
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    Irish Al wrote:
    Crap nights sleep :(

Me too. What's your excuse?

I cannae seem to stay asleep for a whole night. I think the fact that it's still a little bright at 11pm is throwing me off completely when I'm on earlies and really need to be in bed at 10!
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Me too!

I get woken at about 4.30 most mornings by the dawn chorus. May have to invest in a kestrel to scare them away :twisted: ... or perhaps I should try going to bed before midnight :shifty:
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    redrock wrote:
    Irish Al wrote:
    I'm with sian :D

pub for me thanks ;)

Did someone say pub???? Near the venue? We arrive at the airport at 3.30pm... Time to get to Dublin, will you guys still be pubbing?
    !

hey Rita, that's about the time i should be getting in... fancy splitting a taxi if flights are on time and we can coordinate things...?

meanwhile, am currently on hols in Italy where the weather is... 'English'... bummer... :(
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • V VV V Posts: 5,191
    I just don't know where leading ladies come from,
    I just don't know where they can be found

KILLING IN THE NAME ....................................................... :mrgreen:
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
    jrd wrote:
    redrock wrote:
    Irish Al wrote:
    I'm with sian :D

pub for me thanks ;)

Did someone say pub???? Near the venue? We arrive at the airport at 3.30pm... Time to get to Dublin, will you guys still be pubbing?
    !

hey Rita, that's about the time i should be getting in... fancy splitting a taxi if flights are on time and we can coordinate things...?

meanwhile, am currently on hols in Italy where the weather is... 'English'... bummer... :(

Was thinking about bussing it but taxi sounds better. We're staying at the Jury's Inn nearish the venue. Which airline/flight are you on? We're on Aer Lingus EI165, leaving Heathrow at 2.15, arriving in Dublin at 3.35.
    chime wrote:
    Me too!

I get woken at about 4.30 most mornings by the dawn chorus. May have to invest in a kestrel to scare them away :twisted: ... or perhaps I should try going to bed before midnight :shifty:
    have they invented ear plugs yet that you can plug into your alarm? I'd soooooooooooooo buy them :D Not lookin forward to the very hot weather... makes me tired and grumpy :evil:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • GetALifeGetALife Posts: 563
    heyho..can anyone tell me about the acceptance of Euros in Belfast - or should I exchange it into pounds? thinking about the cheapest way...
    2000: Hamburg
    2006: Berlin
    2007: Munich * Düsseldorf
    2009: Berlin * Manchester * London
    2010: Dublin * Belfast * Berlin
    2012: Amsterdam I & II * Berlin I & II * Stockholm * Oslo * Copenhagen
    EV 2012: Amsterdam I & II
    2014: Amsterdam I & II * Milan * Trieste * Vienna * Berlin
    EV 2017: Berlin
    2018: Amsterdam I & II * Prague * Krakow * Berlin
    2022: Berlin- Vienna - Prague - Amsterdam I - Amsterdam II #
    2024: Berlin I & II

~~~

“It is curious that while good people go to great lengths to spare their children from suffering, few of them seem to notice that the one (and only) guaranteed way to prevent all the suffering of their children is not to bring those children into existence in the first place.”
    ― David Benatar - Better Never to Have Been: The Harm of Coming into Existence

Euro's are not legal tender in Belfast, you'll have to get Pounds before you go :) The cheapest way for me is to take cash out at an ATM or use my card everywhere, dunno if you can do that though. Next best option would be to change it in a bank in Dublin.
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
    Jennytree wrote:
    Euro's are not legal tender in Belfast, you'll have to get Pounds before you go :) The cheapest way for me is to take cash out at an ATM or use my card everywhere, dunno if you can do that though. Next best option would be to change it in a bank in Dublin.

thanks for the info :) ... I think I'll exchange my Euros here in Germany.

~~~

“It is curious that while good people go to great lengths to spare their children from suffering, few of them seem to notice that the one (and only) guaranteed way to prevent all the suffering of their children is not to bring those children into existence in the first place.”

GetALife wrote:
    Jennytree wrote:

thanks for the info :) ... I think I'll exchange my Euros here in Germany.
    ill do it in airport in Athens before i fly to Dublin..
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    Less than 3 weeks!!! WOOOOOPP :)
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
    'morning. Feels weird having to go to work today. Yesterday felt like Saturday (I took the day off), so today should be Sunday. But no.... it's Friday and I had to get up early!
    redrock wrote:
    'morning. Feels weird having to go to work today. Yesterday felt like Saturday (I took the day off), so today should be Sunday. But no.... it's Friday and I had to get up early!
    Awwww... but it's still Friday though :D that's something!
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    This time three weeks I'll still be in my own bed having seen Pearl Jam twice. Awesome :lol:
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
    Breakfast with Philly box ... hmmmm.... 8-)

~~~

Good morning...!!so happy the days pass and ill visit one of the countries that inspire me!!! :)
  • wolfamongwolveswolfamongwolves Posts: 2,414
    Jennytree wrote:
    This time three weeks I'll still be in my own bed having seen Pearl Jam twice. Awesome :lol:

I'll be (hopefully) sunning myself in Hyde Park.
    93: Slane
    96: Cork, Dublin
    00: Dublin
    06: London, Dublin
    07: London, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    09: Manchester, London
    10: Dublin, Belfast, London & Berlin
    11: San José
    12: Isle of Wight, Copenhagen, Ed in Manchester & London x2
    Hi Helen! Haven't seen hide nor hair of you for a long time.
    Hello there :) presumably I'll see ya in a couple of weeks? I'm just doing Dublin though :oops: but I'm doing the whole week and I'm doing it well :D . Can't feckin wait... haven't been out in Dublin since I moved to this shitehole :D

How you been? We've probably got quite a bit of catchin up to do!
    Indeed. Can't believe you're only doing Dublin. Oh well. Just like me in '06.

We'll have to catch up at the Sub Lounge, cos I'll be bussing off to Belfast, London & Berlin after that... :mrgreen:
    I've got to make plans for Hyde Park!

What time is everyone planning to meet up and where?
    Off-topic: I just logged the 40,000 view of this thread. How can the thread have more replies than views?!

Rita, I dunno yet. I'm just liking the idea of hanging in the park all day (though I am basing that on the tenuous assumption that it's going to be a glorious cloudless summer day.).
  • Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    Hey Wolfy, I'm still safe with your sisters spare ticket yeah?
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Wolfy we lost some views (but luckily not replies :P ) in the move from the old board to here :mrgreen:
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
    Hey Wolfy, I'm still safe with your sisters spare ticket yeah?

Yessir, of course.

:shock: :? Um... just let me check... :roll:

Thanks for the info, Pippa