Dublin crew!!!

Comments

• Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    Rita I'm sure you've checked it out but I was pretty sure you could vote after X amount of years in the country??? If it means as much to you as it seems why not apply for citizenship?

Jen I know your gonna be queuing but for those of us up for pintage, maybe the jurys inn bar or something, it's fairly close. Meself and lil bro hit there before the 00 gig, jaysus we were balubous, did the top row of shots...ah good times!

Or maybe you know another decent bar round there Jen cause I know it's all changed up that direction?
    I need a coffee!
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    Irish Al wrote:
    big b good to see ya dude, how's the land of chopsticks?

I'm doing o.k in the land of chopsticks. Will be back to Blighty next year in the Spring.
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Irish Al wrote:
    Rita I'm sure you've checked it out but I was pretty sure you could vote after X amount of years in the country??? If it means as much to you as it seems why not apply for citizenship??

Nope. I can vote in the local elections, but not the General. If I apply for British citizenship (which I am entitled to), it causes problems with my other two.
    Irish Al wrote:
    maybe the jurys inn bar or something, it's fairly close. ?

That's where we're staying!!! Well.. in a room.. not just the bar. 8-)

Big B back here in spring :mrgreen: A 'welcome back' drink will be in order!
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    redrock wrote:
    Big B back here in spring :mrgreen: A 'welcome back' drink will be in order!

Yeah, a London meet up/piss up will be on the cards.
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    Irish Al wrote:

Or maybe you know another decent bar round there Jen cause I know it's all changed up that direction?

Haven't a clue! I know the Green Room is open around there, but I think it's more of a wine bar type place! I haven't been down that way in quite a while. Also, the bar inside the O2 is quite well stocked, but very expensive (I think it was about €6 or €7 for a Smirnoff Ice-type drink) but they do shorts and pints of other drinks besides Heino!
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    jugs

368.jpg368.jpg
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    Well said, Dunkleton! 8-)
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    Irish Al wrote:
    Jen I know your gonna be queuing but for those of us up for pintage, maybe the jurys inn bar or something, it's fairly close. Meself and lil bro hit there before the 00 gig, jaysus we were balubous, did the top row of shots...ah good times!

i'm not getting in 'til fairly late - should be landing in Dublin at 15:30 (ash cloud permitting :shock: ) - and then have to get to me hotel, check in AND collect my tickets so beers at a bar near the venue sounds good to me, i think it's safe to say that i won't be queuing! ;)
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861
    i_love_tits_birds_mug-p1680077253675331302l95r_400.jpg
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • belfast1belfast1 Posts: 788
    haha i see the humour on this thread is as strong as ever!!
    dublin 1996 london 2000 dublin 2006 prague 2006 copenhagen 2007 london 2007 rotterdam 2009 london 2009 dublin 2010 belfast 2010 vienna 2014 amsterdam 2014 london 2018
    Low, Dylan. Low... not strong! :lol:
  • eboweddieeboweddie Posts: 1,004
    a few of us are going to 'Doyle's pub on d'olier street before. start there before every pj gig in dublin since 1996. it has top guinness and great tunes. and its not too far from the bus that goes to the o2 off o connell bridge!!

i wish i wish i wish i wish, i guess it never stops
  • Thierry HenryThierry Henry Posts: 2,654
    Jennytree wrote:
    Irish Al wrote:

Haven't a clue! I know the Green Room is open around there, but I think it's more of a wine bar type place! I haven't been down that way in quite a while. Also, the bar inside the O2 is quite well stocked, but very expensive (I think it was about €6 or €7 for a Smirnoff Ice-type drink) but they do shorts and pints of other drinks besides Heino!

We got onboard this ship near the O2 for Neil Young. Good pints!!

Do you know it?? Could be just a summer thing.
    Dublin '96, '00, '06, '10
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14

Can't say that I do! Sounds wonderfully odd!
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
    Jennytree wrote:

Can't say that I do! Sounds wonderfully odd!

It was well cool. They were playing Neil Young music too.
    Would be cool if it was happening for Pearl Jam in June.
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
  • V VV V Posts: 5,191
    ooOOOOOooooooOOOOOooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooo

we're on the guest list for Cocorosie tonight got the kids in too !!!! yay and I happen to be at the venue today viewing it for a dance event and they were doing there sound check :mrgreen::mrgreen:
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
    How cool V!!! Hope you all have a great time!
    RIght Theirry our mission should we choose to accept it is to sort out pints pre gig ;)

or we could just meet up with eboweddie :lol:
    I need a coffee!
    'morning all.
    Mornin rita, mrs al was askin who was comin to Dublin gig and she's lookin forward to finally meetin you :) she also lookin forward to seein those she's met before..well apart from theirry but that's a whole other story :lol:
    I need a coffee!
  • Sian-of-the-deadSian-of-the-dead Posts: 8,963
    Morning peeps!

How are we all? :)
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
    edited May 2010
    Irish Al wrote:
    Mornin rita, mrs al was askin who was comin to Dublin gig and she's lookin forward to finally meetin you :) she also lookin forward to seein those she's met before..well apart from theirry but that's a whole other story :lol:

I never met Mrs. Al!!!! Or did I briefly see her last time, but not 'offically' met? But I'm not doing drinks the evening before :(
    Post edited by redrock on
    Are we all sworn to secrecy when speaking with Mrs Al?!

Sian, I was thinking you hadn't been around here in a while, welcome back :D
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
    Irish Al wrote:

Ya, tell her to stop ringing me at night.

Good set list last night. Hope we get a good one in Dublin.
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
    38 seats left to declare. The conservatives will need 37 of those for an overall majority. Highly unlikely.

Edit: Now officially a hung parliament. Will be interesting to see how it pans out.
    Very interesting set alright. They don't seem to be varying the amount of BS stuff played though, which is disappointing as it's nice to hear something different sometimes!
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • Sian-of-the-deadSian-of-the-dead Posts: 8,963
    Jennytree wrote:
    Are we all sworn to secrecy when speaking with Mrs Al?!

Sian, I was thinking you hadn't been around here in a while, welcome back :D

Thanks.

Hope you're well Jenny?

I'm all caught up in the election shinanigans, I'm sooooooooooooo glad the Tories haven't got majority *happy dance* :mrgreen:
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    no majority but they'll still have the power... Clegg will side with them.

Brown needs to step down and then David Milliband will take up the reigns.

oh and the lottery numbers for saturday are 4, 15, 22, 24,34, 48

:thumbup:
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    Thanks for the numbers Dunk :mrgreen:

Why, oh why is there not proportional representation in the UK? I know it would make politicians work together (which is difficult!), but it would at least represent the 'people' properly! As it stands now, there is not a big difference between percentage of votes between conseratives and labour & labour and Lib Dems.

I just really hope that the Lib Dems don't hop in bed with the Conservatives.
  • GetALifeGetALife Posts: 563
    Alright guys...after the Belfast show and a few beers (til 1am when pub's are closing ^^) I will depart to Dublin airport at night, where my plane leaves at 9am...busses are going out every hour from Belfast, so I'd probably take the one at 1 or 2am...anyone with me hangin around at Dublin city and/or airport and have a few beer more? :mrgreen:
    2000: Hamburg
    2006: Berlin
    2007: Munich * Düsseldorf
    2009: Berlin * Manchester * London
    2010: Dublin * Belfast * Berlin
    2012: Amsterdam I & II * Berlin I & II * Stockholm * Oslo * Copenhagen
    EV 2012: Amsterdam I & II
    2014: Amsterdam I & II * Milan * Trieste * Vienna * Berlin
    EV 2017: Berlin
    2018: Amsterdam I & II * Prague * Krakow * Berlin
    2022: Berlin- Vienna - Prague - Amsterdam I - Amsterdam II #
    2024: Berlin I & II

~~~

“It is curious that while good people go to great lengths to spare their children from suffering, few of them seem to notice that the one (and only) guaranteed way to prevent all the suffering of their children is not to bring those children into existence in the first place.”
    ― David Benatar - Better Never to Have Been: The Harm of Coming into Existence