Dublin crew!!!

Comments

• eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    Yey indeed for ma Dunky! :)

And thank yous for the lovely birthday wishes (on here and Facebook :lol: ). What an exciting plan I have for today! First I gotta tidy the place up a bit, then go to the shops to get more kitty litter and then mum and 3/4 of sibs are coming over. Hooray! :D

Oh (Dunk), I've been reading lots about this volcano business (it irks me, by the way) and the ash won't (not at this point anyway) have much effect on the weather. :think: Sunsets and sunrises may be redder than usual.

Well, gotta get to the tidying of things!

*checks post for mistakes and hits Submit* "At least one new post has been made to this topic. You may wish to review your post in light of this."

So, jrd - 21-ish, yes. ;) And thankee. :) Also, go for a swim and then have tea and a biccie. Or two!
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • satansbedsatansbed Posts: 2,139
    any body like the pixies,

heres a link for tickets in london

http://www.lalapixiesloveyou.com/
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Irish Al wrote:
    lil bro is still stuck in Rome (he only we for 2 days...with 2 days worth of clothes hahaha!) and it looks like they don't want him to come home, they want him to go straight to Budapest for rehersals on Friday...20hour train journey!!

He's gonna be all stinky!!
    Irish Al wrote:
    He had to go to a real life excorcism last week!!!!!

Cool!!!

Emmi - will say it here too... HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    Happu birdaii... that sounds Finnish to me :lol:
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,548
    Jennytree wrote:
    Happu birdaii... that sounds Finnish to me :lol:
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Glad Mother of Dunklington is home.

Congrats Alphonse and Mrs Alphonse on the run :)

Happiest of Birthday wishes to young Emmi :mrgreen:

... and if everyone would like to start trying to blow the ash cloud away as I was on the future Mrs Keithos' hen night this weekend and she is getting a touch stressed that her year of planning may have been in vain :(
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
    All will be well for future mrs Keithos. It's this coming week-end or next one?
  • Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    Heres to the Keithos wedding 8-)

I cannot stop listening to this cover....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGgjmfgl0n0
    I need a coffee!
    Half eaten mouse strewn all over the kitchen floor; I'm guessing 'something' still around as cat going nuts and staring at a corner.... all I need at 5 in the morning! I think I'll leave the cleaning to the 7am lot in my house!

Good morning to all!

Starting driving lessons (again!) this afternoon!

Astorians.... 4 years ago today,I met you crazy lot!!! :mrgreen: And had the most magical day/evening/night. Damn... what a show!
  • Glad Mumma Dunk is home :thumbup:

Congrats on the run Al! :D

Happy birthday, once more for yesterday Emmi :mrgreen:

Hi everyone :wave:
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Don't it make you smile (all the more) when the sun does shine?

Good morning, folks.

Happy birthday for yesterday, Emmi! And happy anniversary, fellow Astorians!

A small hand(half)ful of pictures here: http://s774.photobucket.com/albums/yy24 ... PJ%20Live/
    93: Slane
    96: Cork, Dublin
    00: Dublin
    06: London, Dublin
    07: London, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    09: Manchester, London
    10: Dublin, Belfast, London & Berlin
    11: San José
    12: Isle of Wight, Copenhagen, Ed in Manchester & London x2
    Morning all!

I'm in a different office today and I'm very, very bored!

I remember trying to get tickets to the Astoria show being quite hungover, sitting in my pj's on the stairs in my old house and failing miserably! The only show I wanted to go to that I couldn't get tickets to :lol:
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
    Hi wolfy!

I was lucky and got the free tix for the Astoria. Was sitting on my bed shaking and couldn't believe it when I got through on the third dial and spoke to someone with a beautiful voice telling me that I had a pair of tix!!!! My heart was going boom boom!
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    redrock wrote:
    My heart was going boom boom!

and they have a guy called Boom in the band!! even cooler!!!

best gig i've ever been to. no question.

booked my train tickets home from London at the awesome price of £14.50 each.. still to fooking get there mind you :mrgreen::mrgreen:
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • redrock wrote:
    Hi wolfy!

I was lucky and got the free tix for the Astoria. Was sitting on my bed shaking and couldn't believe it when I got through on the third dial and spoke to someone with a beautiful voice telling me that I had a pair of tix!!!! My heart was going boom boom!

Hiya Rita,

I was one of the many who lost out to the touts. but a good samaritan PMed me after I posted a big anti-tout rant on here. I didn't want to get excited about it in case it was a counterfeit ticket, & couldn't actually believe I was really going to get in until I was in.

What a day though!
  • Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    Hey y’all, just gonna hijack this thread for a minute and see if anyone has a spare ticket for the Dublin show. Got a friend who needs one.  :)
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
    Have my eyes gone wonky or are you just being weird Hitch? :mrgreen:

Wolfy.. a number of people got in without having tickets to start with. What with the 'stolen' ones and those that came back to the box office. Some were lucky!

EDIT: Oh.. if I quote you Hitch, I can see what you wrote! Being mysterious, are we? :lol:
    ooOOoo Pippa... my cdwow purchase has been despatched! Hope it's the 'good stuff'!!!
    Sorry bout that, my font went weird and i have no idea why.
    Just asking everyone if there's any spare Dublin tickets floatin about. I'm tryin to help out a friend who's never seen Pearl jam, but is just as insane as us.
  • Sorry bout that, my font went weird and i have no idea why.
    Just asking everyone if there's any spare Dublin tickets floatin about. I'm tryin to help out a friend who's never seen Pearl jam, but is just as insane as us.

I think my sister may have one. Not 10C but I'll check. Would be good to help a fan pop his live cherry.
    Sorry bout that, my font went weird and i have no idea why.

I think my sister may have one. Not 10C but I'll check. Would be good to help a fan pop his live cherry.
    Legendary! that'd be deadly if you get it. Y'know, I kind of envy those who haven't seen them before. You only get that first concert once.
  • Sorry bout that, my font went weird and i have no idea why.

Legendary! that'd be deadly if you get it. Y'know, I kind of envy those who haven't seen them before. You only get that first concert once.

The girl next to me in London last year was a longstanding fan who'd never seen them before and it was as much fun buzzing off her excitement as it was seeing Pearl Jam. So much fun, in fact, that she's now my girlfriend.

So watch out, HH, you might end up falling in love with your friend...
    So much fun, in fact, that she's now my girlfriend. ..

:o:D
    ...but is just as insane as us.

I doubt that!
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • Jennytree wrote:
    ...but is just as insane as us.

I doubt that!

I think he meant "on average". So, don't worry Jen - as an individual, you're probably still more insane.
    The girl next to me in London last year was a longstanding fan who'd never seen them before and it was as much fun buzzing off her excitement as it was seeing Pearl Jam. So much fun, in fact, that she's now my girlfriend.

That could be awkward. It's actually my friends little sister :P
  • The girl next to me in London last year was a longstanding fan who'd never seen them before and it was as much fun buzzing off her excitement as it was seeing Pearl Jam. So much fun, in fact, that she's now my girlfriend.

Hahaha! Then, really, watch out!
  • vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861

what your firend does not find out does not hurt them :lol:
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • mateymatemateymate Posts: 291
    Does anybody know the best way/website for Dublin to Belfast on the train please? I found one website but that doesn't take bookings yet.
    Reading 2006, Paris 2006, Wembley 2007, Manchester 2009, London 2009, Dublin, Belfast, London 2010, Manchester x 2 2012, London x 2 2018.
  • mateymate wrote:
    Does anybody know the best way/website for Dublin to Belfast on the train please? I found one website but that doesn't take bookings yet.

That's the one i'm afraid. We're all waiting to book tickets for the trains :)
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.