Dublin crew!!!

Comments

• dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Jennytree wrote:
    Sublounge under Tara St station. Easy to find, beer garden, cheap pints and chandaliers!

T'was funny though trying to explain the whole thing. Just went in and said "I'd like to have a pre-party here for 150 or so Pearl Jam fans..." He looked bemused!

he was probably thinking "Pearl Jam are still going? and they have 150 fans!... next thing she'll be telling me some Icelandic volcano has stopped all flights or something"

or if he was a real man he'd probably be thinking about your boobs.

either or.
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Jennytree wrote:
    Sublounge under Tara St station. Easy to find, beer garden, cheap pints and chandaliers!

T'was funny though trying to explain the whole thing. Just went in and said "I'd like to have a pre-party here for 150 or so Pearl Jam fans..." He looked bemused!

LOL I had that for the Manchester pre-party... some people just don't get it :roll: :lol:

We MIGHT make an appearance Jen but we don't get into Dublin until around 10pm so it's touch and go :(
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Jennytree wrote:

LOL I had that for the Manchester pre-party... some people just don't get it :roll: :lol:

We MIGHT make an appearance Jen but we don't get into Dublin until around 10pm so it's touch and go :(

... and they BUILT a stage :shock: ... think that had us all worried about how many people may show up :lol:
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • chime wrote:
    Jennytree wrote:

... and they BUILT a stage :shock: ... think that had us all worried about how many people may show up :lol:

It was brilliant though, wasn't it? :mrgreen:
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

• redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Hey Dunk! How's mama doing today?
  • Jennytree wrote:

Interesting spot. Haven't been there for a long time.

The one thing I know about it is that it's got a big stone fireplace that has VIDI VICI VENI carved on it. First time I saw that, I thought, "they've gone & fucked it up - should be VENI VIDI VICI (I came, I saw, I conquered)". Then I thought about it for a while, and realised they'd done it deliberately....

Classy joint. ;)
    93: Slane
    96: Cork, Dublin
    00: Dublin
    06: London, Dublin
    07: London, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    09: Manchester, London
    10: Dublin, Belfast, London & Berlin
    11: San José
    12: Isle of Wight, Copenhagen, Ed in Manchester & London x2
    redrock wrote:
    Hey Dunk! How's mama doing today?

not bad. she's weak and stuff but has a lot more colour about her. still in hospital as she is due to have an echocardiogram today. she's bored stiff but hoping to get home by monday... but not sure at all yet.

thanks for asking :)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    Week-ends in hospitals are the worse. Bring her some nice stuff to eat (if she's hungry). As we all know, hospital food is yukky (except for puddings when Rob was in hospital!) and she needs to eat to gain strength!
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    Well, it won't be as big a scale as Manchester, but it should be lovely all the same.

Glad to hear Mammy Dunk is feeling a little better. Slowly but surely :D
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Jennytree wrote:
    Well, it won't be as big a scale as Manchester, but it should be lovely all the same.

Glad to hear Mammy Dunk is feeling a little better. Slowly but surely :D

Slow and steady wins the race, as they say...

Glad she's got a bit more colour Dunkles :thumbup:

... wished she could have been in Seattle last night....
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,548
    redrock wrote:
    ... wished she could have been in Seattle last night....
    +1,not becouse i get crazy for soundgarden,but is the whole feeling,atmosphere,and feel 18 again.. :lol:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    Yo beeatchesss :lol:

Just done a mean bbq 8-)

Am gonna drive to Belfast for the gig as we're hitting up lil'bro in budapest the next day....sweet :D

:thumbup: for mama dunk ;)
    I need a coffee!
    In between cooking & setting up the hall for a wedding and the wedding ceremony itself, managed a mad dash to the 'local' record shop. Bittersweet success as I got what I went for but it's for a birthday present (and could only get one). But I can hold it and look at it for a few days before parting ways.... :mrgreen:
  • After the noon all :wave:

The sun's shining gloriously here and Dave's pottering about in the garden... domestic bliss I tell thee :D

• Hey everyone!

Wow, it's been a while since I've been on here...9 years, maybe? Good to be back. :)

My sis and I have decided to take a trip to Ireland in June and will be in Dublin on the 22nd (also my birthday- could it get any better than that?!). I'm trying to find tickets for us, since our trip wasn't planned when the show went on sale and most trade sites seem to be scams. Anyone know of a legitimate site, or would anyone have an extra ticket or two we could buy from you?

See you in Dublin!
    There are tickets cropping up on www.ticketmaster.ie all the time, so keep an eye out for that.
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
    10k run today in the Phoenix park...beautiful day for it :)

hope everyone has a superb Sunday!
    I need a coffee!
    Good luck Alphonse!

Listening to the Showbox gig. Not an incredibly good recording but makes me want the REAL thing in London!
    Last and first!

Good day all!
  • Morning Rita

• dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,548
    Morning Rita
    redrock wrote:
    Last and first!

Good day all!
    Morning to both of u :)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    I'm so sick of getting up early :(
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
    Jennytree wrote:
    I'm so sick of getting up early :(

I hear ya!!!! But then again, my day is finished at 1.30pm.... Is it worth the constant tiredness?

Dunky... is mama Dunk coming out of hospital today?
    Red, in my experience, it's not worth it. If I still had to get up at 5.30 I think I'd be totally zombified by now. At least I know that this stint of getting up at 7 is only temporary!
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
    me mama got home late Saturday afternoon... she is lacking of energy, but otherwise ok. The muscle damage is not as bad as first feared but it has left the left ventricle banana shaped. On a cocktail of pills to help her through it... All i can say is thank fuck a) she's still here and b) we're not in America... hate to think what a helicopter, angiograms, echocardiographs, etc cost.... :thumbup:

nice n sunny... dunno why but i kinda think we should be seeing a cloudy dust strewn sky, but all ican see is a beautiful blue sky... is this volcano stuff see-through? I was expecting a hazy sun or sumfink?
    No place like home Dunk! Hope mama recovers her strength quickly - don't you kids go giving her a hard time! Yep.... good to be in the UK when this kind of stuff happens (speaking from experience!). Scary thing... mama Dunk is my age :o

Jenny - every morning when the alarm goes off at 5am, I'm wondering. But then I think that I'm at home in the afternoon for Rob and Gabrielle when she gets back from school (so I can kick her butt and get her to do homework!). It does make it a VERY long day as it is a bit non-stop until I dit down for dinner and I don't really go to sleep much before 11.30ish. Might try to negotiate extra holidays (unpaid, obviously!) at work.
  • vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861
    morning all...
    happy birthday to the one and only Emmi :thumbup:
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
    Yey for mama dunk!

Yey for Emmi!

Ah deck it yey for y'all!

Enjoyed the run yesterday. It was the longest distance mrs al has done and we did it in 56mins so she was over the moon :)

lil bro is still stuck in Rome (he only we for 2 days...with 2 days worth of clothes hahaha!) and it looks like they don't want him to come home, they want him to go straight to Budapest for rehersals on Friday...20hour train journey!!

Although I'm now wonderin if all the rest of the crew (Inc sir anto) are in the us, surely filming will be pushed back??

He had to go to a real life excorcism last week!!!!!
    I need a coffee!
  • jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    Dunk - :thumbup: :thumbup:

Emmi - hiccy burpday! 21 again, eh? hope you got some (more) new shoes... ;)

Al - 10k in under an hour sounds awfully fast to me, but then the idea of walking 10k makes me feel out of breath... :oops:

right... the swimming pool's open after a 3-week closure, do i go for a swim or have a cup of tea and a biccie...?
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?