Dublin crew!!!

Comments

• JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    Don't call me baby, baby!

Had a great weekend of doing absolutely fuckin' nothing. The top hasn't come down on the '5 juuuust yet :D
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    Jennytree wrote:
    Don't call me baby, baby!

Had a great weekend of doing absolutely fuckin' nothing. The top hasn't come down on the '5 juuuust yet :D

listen at least I didn't call you what you prefer me to call you in front of everyone ;)

You better make sure your top doesn't come down at all missy :p
    I need a coffee!
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Morning :D

Everyone have fun in the sun this weekend?? ;)

I also had my first bbq of the year
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • chime wrote:
    Morning :D

Everyone have fun in the sun this weekend?? ;)

I also had my first bbq of the year

I suspect a lot of BBQs happened last weekend :mrgreen:

We did lots of gardening and spring cleaning... sorting it all out for BBQs later in the year! :lol:;)

The sun's shining again today! I do like the Spring :D

I can't believe it's less than 10 weeks 'til we go to Ireland for PJ :shock:
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
    I still can't believe I actually don't have to go ANYWHERE for my next PJ show!

The price of the flights for RATM are stacking up, don't think I'll be able to stay an extra night so I'll be arriving sometime on the Sunday 8-)
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Jennytree wrote:

wish i could say the same i tell thee!!!

thinking of just getting rid of my tickets to HRC and giving the whole thing a miss... train tickets are coming in at £184 return for us both... £130+ for 2 nights travelodges.... thats £300 before i've even fucking got there.

plus i've gotta admit that some of pj's fans are simply too mental for me.
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Good morning all. Beautiful day and I'm off (though laundry, etc.)!

Dunky don't!!!!!

Jenny (and Dunk), if you want to make your way to twickenham, there's always a spare bedroom if you want to keep costs down.

Dave - my new Slash was waiting for me when I got home. I'm loving it - how about you?
    dunkman wrote:
    Jennytree wrote:

thinking of just getting rid of my tickets to HRC and giving the whole thing a miss... train tickets are coming in at £184 return for us both... £130+ for 2 nights travelodges.... thats £300 before i've even fucking got there.

:(

p.s. when did you last check the trains?? the cheap(er) tickets were released at the end of last week if you haven't checked since then :?
    chime wrote:
    dunkman wrote:
    Jennytree wrote:

:(

p.s. when did you last check the trains?? the cheap(er) tickets were released at the end of last week if you haven't checked since then :?

about 8 minutes before making my post Pip... I go to Egypt the weekend after it so i'm not wanting to spend hundreds upon hundreds.. I'd have been better off flying into Belfast for that show in retrospect.

I'll keep checking but it's strange... my sister just got a train booked to Manchester Airport which cost her £10... i wonder if i could get a train from Manchester to London?
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    dunkman wrote:
    about 8 minutes before making my post Pip... I go to Egypt the weekend after it so i'm not wanting to spend hundreds upon hundreds.. I'd have been better off flying into Belfast for that show in retrospect.

I'll keep checking but it's strange... my sister just got a train booked to Manchester Airport which cost her £10... i wonder if i could get a train from Manchester to London?

It's definitely worth a look. I'm guessing you'd have to change somewhere anyway ;)
    dunkman wrote:

Yeah, but they'll all be up the front, the cool ones like us will be chillin' down the back :D
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861
    i will buy you a shandy if you come dunk
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
    chime wrote:
    dunkman wrote:

It's definitely worth a look. I'm guessing you'd have to change somewhere anyway ;)

nah... the west coast line goes from Carlisle right into London. I don't need to change anywhere normally.
    I'm all sorted for a room for HRC, thanks Rita! I booked a family room in a travelodge (for £34), so if anyone wants to kip in with me, it's there :)
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
    edited April 2010
    dunkman wrote:
    chime wrote:
    dunkman wrote:

nah... the west coast line goes from Carlisle right into London. I don't need to change anywhere normally.

Ah didn't realise you got the train from Carlisle. There must be a way :twisted: ... when you trying to travel??
    Post edited by chime on
    friday 25th ... return sunday 27th.
    dunkman wrote:
    friday 25th ... return sunday 27th.

pm'd ya :oops:
    dunkman wrote:
    I'd have been better off flying into Belfast for that show in retrospect.

MIght have a spare Belfast ticket if you can get cheap flights ;)
    I need a coffee!
    Irish Al wrote:
    dunkman wrote:

Actually, I have a spare for Belfast too, unless I promised it to someone else here and I forgot...
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    dunkman wrote:
    train tickets are coming in at £184 return for us both...

feck! :(
    you could probably fly for less than that!
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
    Irish Al wrote:
    dunkman wrote:

If he takes your spare ticket does he have to share your room too :? ... or was that all part of the plan :twisted: ;)
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Just been told by G that when Rob and I fly out to Dublin, we are 'abandonning' her during exam week :?
    Pfft, ye'd think she'd be delighted to get rid of ye for a while :lol:
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • Dunk don't sell your tickets! :(

oh wait... are we some of the mental fans? :?
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
    Dunk don't sell your tickets! :(

oh wait... are we some of the mental fans? :?

of course not!!!! you lot are awesome! 8-)

i'll just share this with my buddies on here. My mum was flown by helicopter to a hospital in Glasgow today after suffering a heart attack this morning. Me and my sisters have been up to see her this afternoon and she appears "ok"... as much as ok can mean... tubes everywhere, blood everywhere... she's only 53.

I'm worn out. It's been an emotional day. She has an MRI scan tomorrow at 7am to see if its inflammation of the heart muscles as her angiography results showed her to have no narrowing of the arteries and what not.

I'm having a glass of wine.

Stay cool amigos and keep well.

Dunk
    :( Scary stuff!

All my good vibes are heading towards Mammy Dunk and clan.
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • HinnHinn Posts: 1,517
    At this rate, with so many people offering Belfast spares, I might have to revise my plans and go to Belfast, even if I do miss half the show cos of World Cup committments.
    115 bucks for half a haircut by a novice? I want my money back!
    chime wrote:
    If he takes your spare ticket does he have to share your room too :? ... or was that all part of the plan :twisted: ;)
    not sure whether I'm gonna stay up or not, might see if I can thump a lift with jennilicious...bit will wait til closer :)

Dunk me auld flower so sorry to hear about the ma...am keepin the fingers crossed everything turns out so well, she's so feckin young :(

keep the faith me amigo!
    I need a coffee!
    thanks al & jen. :thumbup:

me and my sisters have had a tough day but my dad is holding up well... hopefully tomorrows scan will show the cause n stuff.

thanks also for offers of belfast tix... just hoping london trains will come down a bit... we'll be there :)
    Irish Al wrote:
    chime wrote:
    not sure whether I'm gonna stay up or not, might see if I can thump a lift with jennilicious...bit will wait til closer :)

I drive a two-seater car! One will have me in it, the other will have Hitch! I could try fit you in the boot if ye like?!
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!