Dublin crew!!!

Comments

• belfast1belfast1 Posts: 788
    Happy st patricks day everyone - looking forward to seeing you all in June!!!!
    dublin 1996 london 2000 dublin 2006 prague 2006 copenhagen 2007 london 2007 rotterdam 2009 london 2009 dublin 2010 belfast 2010 vienna 2014 amsterdam 2014 london 2018
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    jrd wrote:
    .... or a couple of gingernuts...? :

Hehe... a friend has cat named like that... :mrgreen:

Hey Dylan! Are you doing Dublin too?
  • Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    Buru I wasn't bein cheeky...I was kinda hopin she'd talked Dave into it!!

I CANNOT get over the bitchin that's goin on over on the porch...the diff between us is, we get shut out, we start askin friends etc for spares, the yanks seem to think bitchin is the best use of their time...karma people, karma!

Great paddys day so far, took the eldest to the parade, met mrs al and the baby and inlaws in a local hotel, few VERYsweet pints of Arthurs finest...home and currently watchin Angelina balerina...ah parenthood! Gonna cook in a bit and maybe have a couple of wife beaters this eve...I LOVE paddys day! It's great seein everyone dressed in green and havin fun, esp the kids!
    I need a coffee!
  • -Buru--Buru- Posts: 1,292
    Happy Paddy's day!! :mrgreen: (a green smile for you all)

I missed the bitchin, I never visit The Porch.

I am hungry, and I had lunch an hour and a half ago, not cool.
    I am just a dreamer, but you are just a dream...
    If I knew where it was I would take you there.

• chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Just about to leave work and go meet Jason for drinks. Enjoy your evenings everyone :D
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • HinnHinn Posts: 1,517
    For fucks sake, it's not been one whole week and he's picked out the Maple Leaf? Jeez.
    115 bucks for half a haircut by a novice? I want my money back!
  • UKDaveUKDave Posts: 5,557
    Anyone around? :roll:

edit: sees all the bitchin americans and beats a hasty retreat... :?
    Astoria Crew
    Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight...
    Astoria, Dublin, Reading 06
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    This is just g'bye for now...
  • Drum Machine89Drum Machine89 Posts: 2,157
    UKDave wrote:

I just made it out of the porch!!!! :mrgreen:

I have been around it because i am atually going to New york in may for my 21st!!! :)
    Let them wash away
    All those yesterdays
    All those yesterdays
    All those paper plates
    Good Morning all....

Hi Dave!

Nice 21st Drum!!! :mrgreen:
  • UKDave wrote:

I just made it out of the porch!!!! :mrgreen:

I have been around it because i am atually going to New york in may for my 21st!!! :)

Niiiiiiiice :thumbup:

Morning all :wave:

Al - No, as you've guessed, we're not going to NY. And to be completely honest, it was joint decision after a very loooooong conversation about it. When I sat down and really thought about it, I wasn't that bothered... I was just being a spoilt child. I'm glad it didn't work, I'd much rather have a fucking blast in Europe and save for more important things in the future... like moving house... or getting married... or summat :oops: :mrgreen:

I ventured over to the porch briefly yesterday, put a few bitchin' yanks in their place and then retreated... glad to see all the whingy threads have been deleted this morning though :thumbup:
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    I am also very glad I didn't go for NY - I would have been skint for the Euro shows and wouldn't have enjoyed it as much! Maybe if they do some Autumn shows, I can have another go. But for the moment, the next PJ show for me will be Dublin with all you muthafuckaaahs!

Back in work this morning. Housemates had a houseparty which sounded like fun till it turned out the place was full of D4 Blackrock school heads who still live with their Mammies and Daddies. :roll: I went to bed soon after.
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • belfast1belfast1 Posts: 788
    redrock wrote:
    jrd wrote:
    .... or a couple of gingernuts...? :

Hehe... a friend has cat named like that... :mrgreen:

Hey Dylan! Are you doing Dublin too?

I am indeed - this will be the first tour where I'm not flying anywhere to see them since 1996 - just a bit of drivin - bliss

Are you coming to Rub-a-dub-dub too?
    dublin 1996 london 2000 dublin 2006 prague 2006 copenhagen 2007 london 2007 rotterdam 2009 london 2009 dublin 2010 belfast 2010 vienna 2014 amsterdam 2014 london 2018
    belfast1 wrote:

I am indeed - this will be the first tour where I'm not flying anywhere to see them since 1996 - just a bit of drivin - bliss

Are you coming to Rub-a-dub-dub too?

Yep but it will be a quick 'in and out'. Arriving mid/late afternoon the day of the show and leaving mid-day the next day!
  • jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    ... I was just being a spoilt child. I'm glad it didn't work, I'd much rather have a fucking blast in Europe and save for more important things in the future... like moving house... or getting married... or summat :oops: :mrgreen:

i edited your post for you... 8-) :twisted:
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861
    hint hint dave :lol:
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    4443125922_d883846df0_o.jpg

thoughts?

also, thanks to the muthahfucking JRD i have now watched the London show whilst i enjoyed a nicebottle of red wine... I have to say i'll probably stick to the bootleg audio from now on as I cannot watch Ed during that whole gig... its his poor choice of attire... it's abominable.. camel coloured dessert boots with high white socks and really ill fitting short things... just fucking horrible.

;)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    What are the letters you can half see in the background??

Glad you enjoyed the dvd ;)

The sock/boot combo was not a good look.
    chime wrote:

oh aye, ignore them... they are the badge template instructions, just that the layer was visible when i made the jpeg.

oh i loved it really... just that he looks like so weird..
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    chime wrote:
    Definitely not.

Yeah Dunk... what is written in black? EDIT: your post says it all.
    Sorry Dunk... not too sure about that design.... :oops:
    redrock wrote:
    Sorry Dunk... not too sure about that design.... :oops:

no probs... i liked the guitar as bum cheek effect! :lol:

i'm still liking that Banksy one i stoled ;)
    I must have a pure mind because I didn't even see the guitar/bumcheek thing!

I like your previous attempts at designs :mrgreen:
    dunkman wrote:

I figured you did ... it was Tim Robbin's Dad dancing that did it for you wasn't it ;)

I like the Banksy

I had noticed the guitar / bum cheek :oops: think that design is a bit more 'for the boys' :P

But as always we will take what we are given :ugeek: ;)

EDIT: National Trust is having a free weekend this weekend. You can download a voucher form their website 8-)
    chime wrote:
    dunkman wrote:

I figured you did ... it was Tim Robbin's Dad dancing that did it for you wasn't it ;)

can anyone else be spotted back/side stage ? i wondered if Mrs T Robbins was there but if she was she's let herself go a bit... :D

i spotted the bum cheeks on the badge immediately... :oops:
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
    jrd wrote:
    chime wrote:
    dunkman wrote:

can anyone else be spotted back/side stage ? i wondered if Mrs T Robbins was there but if she was she's let herself go a bit... :D

i spotted the bum cheeks on the badge immediately... :oops:

I believe Mr and Mrs T Robbins are separated :shock: ...though that may have occured after the gig :? :oops:
    I see bumcheek, although at first I did also see what appears to be someone celebrating having a huge ...erm... *girly giggles*
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
    Jennytree wrote:
    I see bumcheek, although at first I did also see what appears to be someone celebrating having a huge ...erm... *girly giggles*

Dunk's been photoshopping himself again...
    dunkman wrote:
    chime wrote:

oh aye, ignore them... they are the badge template instructions, just that the layer was visible when i made the jpeg.

i think after the night before, when it was so fecking hot in Manchester, that he just thought "screw this, i'm wearing shorts... shit, are these all i've got...well i'm wearing them anyway..." :D

incidentally, are 'dessert' boots edible ?

:roll:
  • -Buru--Buru- Posts: 1,292
    hint hint dave :lol:

that was hardly a hint. :P
    I am just a dreamer, but you are just a dream...
    If I knew where it was I would take you there.

Ooo the tickets for Simply Reds farewell tour go on sale tomorrow! Guess he must have gotten wind of Dunks evil plan :lol:
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!