Dublin crew!!!

Comments

• Jennytree wrote:
    redrock wrote:
    Tell Dave to go shoot a few turkeys while you go to MSG. :mrgreen:

:lol:

I think he'd want to come with me ;)

I've told him that we only live once, it's only money, we won't have another opportunity blah blah blah... he's not going for it :(

Sian, I guess I'm trying to convince myself to go more than anything else... but why are you in such a rush to live your future?! Dave, stop being such a spoilsport! ;)

I went to the 2 MSG shows in '08 and it was awesome. If ever there's a place to see PJ in the US, the Garden is where it's at for atmosphere! But besides that, I had the best time meeting people at the pre-parties, and generally wandering around NY. New Yorkers are SO SO nice, it's actually quite a nice place especially when I was there in June (very humid though!). The 2nd night, we were sipping drinks in the pub beer garden until about 8.45 when, after having a great day there, we decided it might be best to make a move. We got to our seats just as PJ were walking on stage, you just can't do that here! While I still prefer Euro shows, it's something different! I also had a great time in Seattle (also a very beautiful place, but it's on the otherside of the US!), if you wanted to hold out for the rumoured 20th Anniversary shows in Sept.

Flights for me to NY return (direct) would cost €400, I'm sure you'd get something similar. Hotel for 7 nights was €450 (I was on my own) the last time I went.

Thanks Jenny.

I'm not in a hurry to live my future but we talk about our life together all the time... spending money like MSG would put that back.

There's arguments for and against and I do appreciate that but it's always been a dream of mine, along with swimming with great white sharks, but at least this one seems possible... and one final fling before we settle down to a grown up future.

I don't know... It'd be nice but I can't see it happening.
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    Ah, you're just in a totally different stage of life to me. Missing a show because I wanted to settle down with a significant other would scare the bejaysis out of me :lol: I'm also one for getting all your dreams out of the way now... that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Jennytree wrote:
    I'm also one for getting all your dreams out of the way now... that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!

That's my argument for and he's not going for it! :lol:
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

• redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    As Jenny said, we're all in different stages in our lives with different priorities. This year may not be right for Sian and Dave to go to New York, but I'm sure PJ will be playing MSG again. Settling down doesn't mean you're dead either! Dreams can still be fulfilled :mrgreen:

I would also love to go but I can't. That's just the way it is!
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Hey Sian, if you want to see a show on US soil then don't worry... In London me and Al will put on 11 stone, wear a gun each and then say 'you have a nice day' a lot... you won't know the fucking difference i tell thee.

:thumbup: ;)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    In I'm just curious way :twisted: I looked up flights for doing Noblesville (my best friend from school in the States lives there) ... and Buffolo (my birthday show) ... but know I'm not going to go :oops:

Only fly back from Keef's wedding on the 5th :P
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • dunkman wrote:
    Hey Sian, if you want to see a show on US soil then don't worry... In London me and Al will put on 11 stone, wear a gun each and then say 'you have a nice day' a lot... you won't know the fucking difference i tell thee.

I'll hold you to that ;)

dunkman wrote:

So just like Scotland but instead of 'you have a nice day', it'd be 'fuck off you wee cunt'.
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
    Jennytree wrote:
    dunkman wrote:

So just like Scotland but instead of 'you have a nice day', it'd be 'fuck off you wee cunt'.

:clap: thats actually correct.

p.s. fuck off ya wee cuntess :thumbup:
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    Dunkypoos I won't be in London but I'll carry out said arrangement in Dublin and Belfast ;)

sian here's my 2 cents...I can completely see where Dave is coming from and understand his reservations....but but but but, having seen the lads in MSG (and winning lotto and getting row 10) I would say do it, the biggest issue bar money will be if and when kids come along. At the end of the day, all we have is now, the past is gone and we don't know how or where the future will take us. This trip will cost a few quid but you both will have so much fun and experience a totally different pj gig.

Dave I implore you to go, you'll both enjoy it and you'll make the money back in no time! Do it for the love of jebus!!

We actually looked up flights last night for Boston as it's on mrs Als birthday...but then we realised we just couldn't afford it! Sian if you can afford it go :)
    I need a coffee!
  • veddertownveddertown Posts: 5,260
    Thanks Jenny.

I'm not in a hurry to live my future but we talk about our life together all the time... spending money like MSG would put that back.

There's arguments for and against and I do appreciate that but it's always been a dream of mine, along with swimming with great white sharks, but at least this one seems possible... and one final fling before we settle down to a grown up future.

Hey Sian, me and the missus have three of the kids still living with us and although it took a bit of organizing we're going on the tour for 3 dates and holding out for Seattle in Autumn hopefully if we can stretch to it. Not trying to convince you one way or another but think of the experience you could have. We're not the wealthiest by any stretch but we've decided to do these things while we're still young. Well at least she is! :lol: By the way I'll be 40 in September 2011 and for my birthday we're going to South Africa to dive with great whites!! :D Anything is possible and realistic if you want it enough and you're commited to it. I really hope you make it because we all know PJ won't be around forever. You've got your whole life to pay the bank manager back. :lol:
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
    Dunk is that the outfit that Al wears in your dreams (fantasies) :? :mrgreen:
    Dunk... if one gets mentioned in your comics, does that mean they have reached a certain status? A bit like being a guest in the Simpsons? If so, why am I not in your comics? or Sian? or Pip? Do you not love us? Al got in them TWICE!
  • jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    Jennytree wrote:

:lol:

I think he'd want to come with me ;)

I've told him that we only live once, it's only money, we won't have another opportunity blah blah blah... he's not going for it :(

Sian, I guess I'm trying to convince myself to go more than anything else... but why are you in such a rush to live your future?! Dave, stop being such a spoilsport! ;)

I went to the 2 MSG shows in '08 and it was awesome. If ever there's a place to see PJ in the US, the Garden is where it's at for atmosphere! But besides that, I had the best time meeting people at the pre-parties, and generally wandering around NY. New Yorkers are SO SO nice, it's actually quite a nice place especially when I was there in June (very humid though!). The 2nd night, we were sipping drinks in the pub beer garden until about 8.45 when, after having a great day there, we decided it might be best to make a move. We got to our seats just as PJ were walking on stage, you just can't do that here! While I still prefer Euro shows, it's something different! I also had a great time in Seattle (also a very beautiful place, but it's on the otherside of the US!), if you wanted to hold out for the rumoured 20th Anniversary shows in Sept.

Flights for me to NY return (direct) would cost €400, I'm sure you'd get something similar. Hotel for 7 nights was €450 (I was on my own) the last time I went.

Thanks Jenny.

ditto to what Jenny said.

so MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!! :D:D
    managed to persuade the missus to go to NY for the second MSG show in 2008 and we had a fantastic 3/4 days - even managed to get the Granma to look after the sprog while we were away! :twisted:

you don't want to be sitting there in 5 years time in your grown-up life regretting you didn't go... do you? it's only money... and rice every day for a couple of years...

in the words of Mrs Doyle "Go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, GO ON!"

;)
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
    dunkman wrote:

punctuation/spelling mistake in the second frame, should "she's". :ugeek:
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
    p.s. i laughed so much i think i just wet myself... :oops: :shock:

:lol::lol::lol:
    Hahahahahahahahaha...

I am actually laughing out loud in work!
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
    redrock wrote:
    Dunk... if one gets mentioned in your comics, does that mean they have reached a certain status? A bit like being a guest in the Simpsons? If so, why am I not in your comics? or Sian? or Pip? Do you not love us? Al got in them TWICE!

I wouldn't see it as a status symbol red... plus Al looks good in that outfit. ;)

Pip... he doesnt just wear it in my fantasies... its all the time! :shock: :oops: :twisted:
    A quick last word before the network goes down at work... nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.................

EDIT: I'm back... **phew**
  • Thierry HenryThierry Henry Posts: 2,654
    dunkman wrote:

Arseflaps??

I feel so dirty. I need a shower. :shock:
    Dublin '96, '00, '06, '10
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
    redrock wrote:
    A quick last word before the network goes down at work... nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.................

EDIT: I'm back... **phew**

and look, nothing happened while you were away...! :shifty:
    Arseflaps??

it's OK, no-one really knows what Dunk's ever talking about... :roll:
    smile and wave, boys, just smile and wave. ;)
    Just noticed Al's hand down his trousers :shock: :twisted: :lol:
    Dunk, have you been making cartoons again?? :wtf:
    chime wrote:
    Just noticed Al's hand down his trousers :shock: :twisted: :lol:

:o :shock: Dirty boy.....
  • Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    :shock:
    I need a coffee!
    Don't :shock: me... you know very well it's true....
    redrock wrote:
    Don't :shock: me... you know very well it's true....

I think the :shock: is at being found out ;)