Dublin crew!!!

Comments

• redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Awww Jenny... that's so sweet! A leprechaun museum.. I would have loved that as a kid!
  • jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    jaysus al, we do not need to hear about your rapid bowel movements :?

MFC - mini fast craps

:oops:
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • After the noon... :wave:
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
    Oh no! There is 'essential' work on the sytem at work and tomorrow there will not be any network connection from 12:15 to 1.00pm... How will I waste my time??????

Hi Sian!
  • redrock wrote:
    Oh no! There is 'essential' work on the sytem at work and tomorrow there will not be any network connection from 12:15 to 1.00pm... How will I waste my time??????

Hi Sian!

It's only 45 minutes... firstly, don't panic.

Maybe take a book into work and read for the time?
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

redrock wrote:

Hi Sian!

Maybe take a book into work and read for the time?[/quote]

Pfft..... :roll: When I'm wasting time on the PC, people think I'm working. If I read, it's obvious that I'm farting about!
  • redrock wrote:
    redrock wrote:

Hi Sian!

Maybe take a book into work and read for the time?[/quote]

Pfft..... :roll: When I'm wasting time on the PC, people think I'm working. If I read, it's obvious that I'm farting about!

ahhhh good point... maybe design us a badge? :P

• dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Rita... you should do some cartoons!!! :lol:
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    dunkman wrote:
    Rita... you should do some cartoons!!! :lol:

How can I compete against the Great Dunk? I am not worthy. And I don't have any graphics type programmes at work.. only powerpoint with a bit of clip art!
    Aawwww.... the yanks are getting all excited again :mrgreen:
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    I noticed this place is getting busy.

I'm being good :angel: ... already turned down the offer of accommodation in NY ... and will ignore the fact I have friends in Noblesville if that date comes to fruition ... my bank manager will be pleased :twisted:
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
    Even if I could, I couldn't afford it anyway. Looking at driving schools... damn it's expensive!
  • Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    Yo :?
    I need a coffee!
    Yo... how are you feeling?
  • Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    Bit better thanks Rita :) Glad I took the day off...would be in seriously bad shape if I hadnt!
    I need a coffee!
    Might have been a bit messy....
  • jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    Time for beer! 8-)
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    still no flights booked...

ack... why can't I just say 'no'?! My own greed is depressing!
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861
    well this US thingamyjig looks to be happening at a time where i was planning on being in the US anyway.
    looks like i might be forced into attending a select few shows :lol:
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
    What a coincidence Soupy...

Jenny... easy... n o... no!

Quiet morning.
  • I wanna go to MSGII but convincing Dave is like getting blood out of a stone... :(

Tell Dave to go shoot a few turkeys while you go to MSG. :mrgreen:
  • redrock wrote:

:lol:

I think he'd want to come with me ;)

I've told him that we only live once, it's only money, we won't have another opportunity blah blah blah... he's not going for it :(

• Housing JimHousing Jim Posts: 644
    redrock wrote:

I've told him that we only live once, it's only money, we won't have another opportunity blah blah blah... he's not going for it :(

You should definitely go if you have any kind of chance. The two shows Gen and I saw at MSG in 2008 were the best concerts we've ever been to, especially the second night....the energy, the band, the atmosphere just blew any european show (expect for perhaps the Astoria) clean away.

We'd be going again in a heart beat if you know, we didn't have a seven month old and weren't saving all our pennies to move house.
    A democracy on paper, apparently well ordered, regularly subverted by irrational chaos.

Manchester - 4/6/2000
    London - 20/4/2006
    Dublin - 23/8/2006
    London - 18/6/2007
    New York City - 24/6/2008
    New York City - 25/6/2008 - we will be "what is up" New York
    Manchester - 18/8/2009
    Manchester - 20/6/2012
    Leeds - 6/7/2014
    London - 18/6/2018
    redrock wrote:

Make it your summer holiday (or is that already the European tour?) and eat rice for a month.
  • redrock wrote:

You should definitely go if you have any kind of chance. The two shows Gen and I saw at MSG in 2008 were the best concerts we've ever been to, especially the second night....the energy, the band, the atmosphere just blew any european show (expect for perhaps the Astoria) clean away.

We'd be going again in a heart beat if you know, we didn't have a seven month old and weren't saving all our pennies to move house.

Would you like to text the passage highlighted in bold to Dave please? :lol:

I know he's being sensible and looking out for our future and I love him for that, but I've ALWAYS wanted to see PJ on US soil and I really do believe this is our only chance :(

Rita - The Euro tour is already our summer holiday... MSGII would be a weekend break :oops:

Hmmm... I like rice...

Domestication and family responsibilities!!! Sure changes your life!
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    redrock wrote:

Sian, I guess I'm trying to convince myself to go more than anything else... but why are you in such a rush to live your future?! Dave, stop being such a spoilsport! ;)

I went to the 2 MSG shows in '08 and it was awesome. If ever there's a place to see PJ in the US, the Garden is where it's at for atmosphere! But besides that, I had the best time meeting people at the pre-parties, and generally wandering around NY. New Yorkers are SO SO nice, it's actually quite a nice place especially when I was there in June (very humid though!). The 2nd night, we were sipping drinks in the pub beer garden until about 8.45 when, after having a great day there, we decided it might be best to make a move. We got to our seats just as PJ were walking on stage, you just can't do that here! While I still prefer Euro shows, it's something different! I also had a great time in Seattle (also a very beautiful place, but it's on the otherside of the US!), if you wanted to hold out for the rumoured 20th Anniversary shows in Sept.

Flights for me to NY return (direct) would cost €400, I'm sure you'd get something similar. Hotel for 7 nights was €450 (I was on my own) the last time I went.
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
    Jennytree wrote:
    Flights for me to NY return (direct) would cost €400, I'm sure you'd get something similar. Hotel for 7 nights was €450 (I was on my own) the last time I went.

I reckon a grand or so....

Sian... start with the rice.