Dublin crew!!!

Comments

• UKDaveUKDave Posts: 5,557
    redrock wrote:
    'morning!

Fine Art.... Don't let Sam speak to Gabrielle. She wants to do some creative 'thing' at uni. We're trying to guide her to getting her academic stuff first THEN doing creative.

I know... V is going to kill me next time she sees me! But... we're thinking that she needs a good base to fall back on if 'creative' doesn't pay the bills. Art/photography, etc. is talent and feeling and that can't be taught (it can be harnessed and focussed). Of course one learns techniques but.... She is still doing Art as GCSE and will be doing ART at A level but with biology, maths, chemistry, etc.

I'm trying to justify myself, aren't I?

Morning! To be honest Rita I agree, he was also considering Marine Biology which I was much more in favour of but I think you've got to let them follow their chosen path and support them as much as you can, within the realms of the "real world" anyway... :?
    Astoria Crew
    Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight...
    Astoria, Dublin, Reading 06
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    This is just g'bye for now...
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    UKDave wrote:
    redrock wrote:
    'morning!

Fine Art.... Don't let Sam speak to Gabrielle. She wants to do some creative 'thing' at uni. We're trying to guide her to getting her academic stuff first THEN doing creative.

I know... V is going to kill me next time she sees me! But... we're thinking that she needs a good base to fall back on if 'creative' doesn't pay the bills. Art/photography, etc. is talent and feeling and that can't be taught (it can be harnessed and focussed). Of course one learns techniques but.... She is still doing Art as GCSE and will be doing ART at A level but with biology, maths, chemistry, etc.

Morning! To be honest Rita I agree, he was also considering Marine Biology which I was much more in favour of but I think you've got to let them follow their chosen path and support them as much as you can, within the realms of the "real world" anyway... :?

I think she is OK with it - I wouldn't force her into anything - not worth it if she would be unhappy. She is also considering zoology or wildlife conservation/biology (apart from 'creative's stuff which includes 'artist' in general, photographer and fashion designer!). She can see herself combine wildlife conservation with wildlife photography! See, she is just as good at maths & science as as she is creative so I guess for kids like that, it's difficult to choose really.
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    UKDave wrote:

How's your son getting on in China Dave? Is he still here?
    Byrnzie wrote:
    UKDave wrote:

How's your son getting on in China Dave? Is he still here?

Hey Byrnzie, yeah he came back for xmas but back out there until July or maybe May as he's trying to get into Guildhall and if he is successful he'll call it a day in May... How's you?
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    redrock wrote:
    UKDave wrote:
    redrock wrote:
    'morning!

I think she is OK with it - I wouldn't force her into anything - not worth it if she would be unhappy. She is also considering zoology or wildlife conservation/biology (apart from 'creative's stuff which includes 'artist' in general, photographer and fashion designer!). She can see herself combine wildlife conservation with wildlife photography! See, she is just as good at maths & science as as she is creative so I guess for kids like that, it's difficult to choose really.

Sam's doing English & Biology so I guess could end up going down that route... If that last Biology paper hasn't screwed things up anyway!! :roll:
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    UKDave wrote:
    If that last Biology paper hasn't screwed things up anyway!! :roll:

Oh dear... a lil' blip then?
    redrock wrote:
    UKDave wrote:

It was on the news this week - they started up a facebook campaign on it... 10,000 members... paper was awful by all accounts...
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
  • GetALifeGetALife Posts: 563
    hey guys!

almost a heart attack - my flights from Hamburg to Dublin and back (going to Dub and Bel) had been cancelled...will be refunded and get money for reaching alternative flights... so I booked a new one (out of 2 and 4 seats left ... *phew*)... Ryanair... goes out from Dublin on 24th, 9:20 ... as far as I can see, no train from Belfast will arrive there early enough ... does anyone know about busses or can anyone from there offer a ride or give any hint? that'd be great ... PM please ... thanks :-)

Chris
    2000: Hamburg
    2006: Berlin
    2007: Munich * Düsseldorf
    2009: Berlin * Manchester * London
    2010: Dublin * Belfast * Berlin
    2012: Amsterdam I & II * Berlin I & II * Stockholm * Oslo * Copenhagen
    EV 2012: Amsterdam I & II
    2014: Amsterdam I & II * Milan * Trieste * Vienna * Berlin
    EV 2017: Berlin
    2018: Amsterdam I & II * Prague * Krakow * Berlin
    2022: Berlin- Vienna - Prague - Amsterdam I - Amsterdam II #
    2024: Berlin I & II

~~~

“It is curious that while good people go to great lengths to spare their children from suffering, few of them seem to notice that the one (and only) guaranteed way to prevent all the suffering of their children is not to bring those children into existence in the first place.”
    ― David Benatar - Better Never to Have Been: The Harm of Coming into Existence

• GetALifeGetALife Posts: 563
    I was panicing too early :D ... I found something...
    2000: Hamburg
    2006: Berlin
    2007: Munich * Düsseldorf
    2009: Berlin * Manchester * London
    2010: Dublin * Belfast * Berlin
    2012: Amsterdam I & II * Berlin I & II * Stockholm * Oslo * Copenhagen
    EV 2012: Amsterdam I & II
    2014: Amsterdam I & II * Milan * Trieste * Vienna * Berlin
    EV 2017: Berlin
    2018: Amsterdam I & II * Prague * Krakow * Berlin
    2022: Berlin- Vienna - Prague - Amsterdam I - Amsterdam II #
    2024: Berlin I & II

~~~

“It is curious that while good people go to great lengths to spare their children from suffering, few of them seem to notice that the one (and only) guaranteed way to prevent all the suffering of their children is not to bring those children into existence in the first place.”
    ― David Benatar - Better Never to Have Been: The Harm of Coming into Existence

GetALife wrote:
    I was panicing too early :D ... I found something...

:mrgreen::mrgreen:
    UKDave wrote:
    redrock wrote:
    UKDave wrote:

It was on the news this week - they started up a facebook campaign on it... 10,000 members... paper was awful by all accounts...

OH!!! That one.....
  • V VV V Posts: 5,191
    'makes note to kill red'
    I hear ya money first eh!!!! Haha
    think it also depend on the person their other intrest (of which I had none) and the college Chelsea was crap for helping with making a career out of uni but st martins is very good at preparing u. Another way of doing it is to get a place at uni on English maths whatever and defer the place for 1yr do a art foundation then take up the degree. I know a few ppl who did this cos they cldnt choose between subjects.
    G has many talents and uni is better then it used tone for setting u up for work !!! Xxx
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
    V V wrote:

I hear ya money first eh!!!! Haha

She needs to be able to take care of her old, decrepid parents when the time comes!!! :mrgreen::mrgreen:

Anyway... before uni, G still has three years. Plenty of time to change her mind 100 times!

Actually V... she made me think of you. She is working on a project which is loosely self portraits/portraits. They have to present 4 ideas. One of them had to do with stuff in a handbag... sounds familiar? Are you sure she's not your daughter? :mrgreen:

Ladies... feast your eyes and ears.... http://grungereport.net/2010/01/30/vide ... s-angeles/
  • V VV V Posts: 5,191
    handbags !!!!!!!! hehe
    still hope to get that of the ground one day!
    if she ever wants help to discuss an idea i'm more then happy to help :D

I'm trying to make a new costume but its not going so well , eek wish i could sew :roll:
    *off to drowl over cc*
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
    Send your stuff and your ideas to me and I will sew for you!

The handbag thing will be one of her ideas, but will not be the one she will develop. Great idea but this will mean it will be a 'sculpture' and a bit too complex to have a a piece for school.
  • hey,whats the traditional drink in ireland?,this guinness??
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861
    hey,whats the traditional drink in ireland?,this guinness??

jameson 8-)
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • hey,whats the traditional drink in ireland?,this guinness??

jameson 8-)

this???

Jameson_1780_Whiskey.jpg

or this???
    jenna-jameson.jpg
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236

jameson 8-)

this???

Jameson_1780_Whiskey.jpg

or this???
    jenna-jameson.jpg

Hahahaha!!! Well done D ;)

our drink is Guinness all the way baby!!!!!!

Lil bro has had a very surreal couple of days in LA...I'll tell y'all all the goss when I get talkin to him tonight (and if I'm allowed ;))...let's just say he sent me a photo of him chattin with a famous singer in a veryyyyyyy famous actress' house :shock: :)
    I need a coffee!
  • vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861
    Irish Al wrote:
    Lil bro has had a very surreal couple of days in LA...I'll tell y'all all the goss when I get talkin to him tonight (and if I'm allowed ;))...let's just say he sent me a photo of him chattin with a famous singer in a veryyyyyyy famous actress' house :shock: :)

her house??
    jenna-jameson.jpg
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
    Irish Al wrote:

ooOOoo.... lil' bro is 'networking'! Give us the goss... even if lil' bro says not to. Just PM me. I won't tell anyone.... promise! Hope all this is getting him where he wants to be! Will we be seeing him in Dublin for PJ?
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Al you're just a big tease ;) :twisted:
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340

All drink is traditional in Ireland :D
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Jennytree wrote:

All drink is traditional in Ireland :D
    i know.see it last year
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646

Guinness i would say...

although these days the 'kids' in Ireland are into jaeger bombs arent they? which is a step up from the seventies when they were into petrol bombs. ;);)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    dunkman wrote:

Guinness i would say...

although these days the 'kids' in Ireland are into jaeger bombs arent they? which is a step up from the seventies when they were into petrol bombs. ;);)

Heeeeeeeey... that was the nordies, they're a different breed :lol:

And whats with the Scotsman slagging the Irish?! Aren't we supposed to be united in English hatred?!

I will now introduce you to the Irish Car Bomb. :D
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    UKDave wrote:

That just made me think of one of the funniest episodes of Seinfeld... "The Marine Biologist" where George has to pretend to be a (guess what?) marine biologist to impress a woman, and ends up rescuing a whale by removing a golf ball from it's blowhole. :shock: :D

"The sea was angry that day my friends, like an old man trying to return soup at a deli..."

oh well, i guess you had to be there... :oops: :ugeek:
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
    jrd wrote:

oh well, i guess you had to be there... :oops: :ugeek:
    I guess you did.... :mrgreen:
  • satansbedsatansbed Posts: 2,139

yup guiness or murphys down south, and harp in the north but you dont want to drink that unless you want to be found standing over your cousin with a shovel

jameson is our spirit although theres alot of other great irish whiskeys
  • Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    Sorry cant dudes but am gonna chat to him soon so might have more news in a bit...am watchin berlin thanks to D 8-)
    I need a coffee!