Dublin crew!!!

Comments

• satansbedsatansbed Posts: 2,139
    right im thinking of sorting out a preparty/wishlist fundraiser/auction for the night before the dublin gig, ive sweet feck all experience with anything like this so i woulding mind getting feedback on what i should do,
    i was thinking of getting a pub or club booked and booking a tribute band for the night (thinking of pearl jem) would this be a good idea, what else should i do
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    edited December 2009
    Jennytree wrote:
    Did you all get sorted for the shows you wanted?

I got HRC. Will try for two tickets for Dublin in the general sale. If I don't get them, I will come and beg here. As Rob wants to come, we will need a hotel.... any suggestions near the 02? (If he wasn't coming, I would be asking for bed/sofa/floor space which, by the way, I have for HRC). I will have some space for those needing a place to crash in London. I live in Twickenham - not central London, but not too much hassle to get to HRC.
    Post edited by redrock on
  • We just booked our flights for Ireland...

Me too! And then I realised I already lived here!

The excitement of the day has just gotten the better of me...

I've gotten to like putting things on my credit card over the past few hours.

Which makes the imminence of Christmas an unwelcome and frightening prospect...

We're exactly the same! God bless selling our souls to credit card companies! :lol:
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Hi. i´m looking for a 10 club spare for Dublin. If someone has one please send a mail:

<!-- e --><a href="mailto:pedromanuelmoreira@gmail.com">pedromanuelmoreira@gmail.com</a><!-- e -->

Thank you. I will buy you a gift. ;)
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    satansbed wrote:
    right im thinking of sorting out a preparty/wishlist fundraiser/auction for the night before the dublin gig, ive sweet feck all experience with anything like this so i woulding mind getting feedback on what i should do,
    i was thinking of getting a pub or club booked and booking a tribute band for the night (thinking of pearl jem) would this be a good idea, what else should i do

I was thinking this too, only would there actually be many people around on a Monday night in Dublin? All the pubs close at half 11, then it's only niteclubs open.

You'd have to ask Stankratz about getting Pearl Jem in ;) I'm sure if we got something sorted, we could get Phantom to announce it a time or two, if donations were going to the Wishlist Foundation. Ian Dempsey and Paul McClune seem to like PJ too, so I'm sure they'd read out a text or two if we asked! We'd also need people to donate merch, albums etc for the cause as well as get Wishlist stuff sent over (the tshirts and other random goodies they sell) - could be worth speaking with FoxyMop about that one.

As for location - somewhere central! Flowing Tide, Bruxies, Foggy Dew, the bar in Whelans...
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Have to say - that was a shambolic pre-sale, site crashing, pages too slow to load etc etc etc etc
    Just gave up and will have to take my chances tomorrow with Ticketmaster
    A complete let down :? :cry:
    Jacky08
  • eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    good morning all. :)

pre-party/fundraiser sounds like a great idea! I know I'll probably be in Dublin a day or two before the gig. :D

I woke up today with the thought "ow! I need to clip miss kitty's claws soon!" as she was (very lovingly, mind you) smacking my face in. :lol: then as soon as I opened the 'puter, I had to check my order history. :oops: :D
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
    We just booked our flights for Ireland...

£11.96 return for both of us. :shock: :o :shock: :o :shock: :o :shock:

:mrgreen: :geek: 8-)

I'm finding dirt cheap flights too but once you add airport taxes..... (would be flying from Heathrow)
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    well done you lot... I'm kinda glad i didnt have to go through all that shit again! :thumbup:

see you in London 8-)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    I'm not very sure about going to London this time. :? I don't know why exactly.

I hate having to decide now what I'm gonna do six months later. I can barely decide what I wanna do next week!
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    I can only do London because of lack of holiday time and such and such.

but me and the missus plan to make a weekend of it... which basically involves me getting drunk and trying to get her to allow me to watch strippers.

:thumbup:
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    dunkman wrote:
    I can only do London because of lack of holiday time and such and such.

but me and the missus plan to make a weekend of it... which basically involves me getting drunk and trying to get her to allow me to watch strippers.

:thumbup:

I'm really on the fence with London. I'd love to go, too see both friends and the band. but.. hrm..

also, I feel like an awful person now. :o I offered my Dublin spare to one of them friends I mentioned. she said she might be interested. BUT now I'm getting second thoughts. I've never travelled with anyone. and this is a Pearl Jam thing - meetups and stuff. ugh. I'm kinda selfish and want all my PJ peeps all for myself. :mrgreen:

ah well, I still hope she can go. :) (it's not like I'm gonna tell her she can't have the ticket!)
  • danleridanleri Posts: 497
    Please let me know if I can help with the preparty and fundraiser and all the rest!

I'd say Whelan's is a good place for what we want to do.
    Verona '00 | Dublin '06 | Barcelona '06 | London '07 | Copenhagen '07 | Berlin '09 | Dublin '10 | Belfast '10 | Berlin '10 | Toronto1 '11 | Toronto2 '11 | Amsterdam1 '12 | Stockholm '12 | Oslo '12 | Copenhagen '12 | Brooklyn1 '13 | Brooklyn2 '13 | Amsterdam1 '14 | Amsterdam2 '14 | Vienna '14 | Berlin '14
    Well, I've been to a few of the fundraisers in the States and they were great fun! Only thing holding me back is that it would have to be on the night before the show, as people will spend the next day queuing. Manchester gave me hope that it CAN be done... :?
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    I know I'll fly in the night before. Depending on a hotel costs I may need floor space if I'm going to be there for 2 nights though :oops:

Think if you let people on The Porch know you're planning it soonish then people will book their flights accordingly.

Sure there are plenty like me that are doing Dublin, Belfast, London that will be booking a week off work anyway :mrgreen:
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • redrock wrote:
    We just booked our flights for Ireland...

£11.96 return for both of us. :shock: :o :shock: :o :shock: :o :shock:

:mrgreen: :geek: 8-)

I'm finding dirt cheap flights too but once you add airport taxes..... (would be flying from Heathrow)

That was everything included (taxes and fares, one piece of hand luggage each). BMI baby have a sale flights were £2.99 each, each way... oh and we're flying into Belfast Intl from E.Midlands on 21st June... that's how it's so cheap!

We're getting the train down to Dublin if we manage to get show tickets and then training it back up for the Belfast show the next day. If we don't get Dublin tix, we're just gonna spend the day going round Belfast :)

It's gonna cost us a grand total of £30 to travel to, from and round Ireland for both shows :geek:
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

• Just booked one night at Jurys Inn Parnell Street in Dublin, hope it's a good location :)
  • 14:40 at 21th June OUZO will be landing in Dublin :mrgreen:
    now give me info for hotels,to see where ill put my beautiful small body :o:lol:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    edited December 2009
    That was everything included (taxes and fares, one piece of hand luggage each). BMI baby have a sale flights were £2.99 each, each way... oh and we're flying into Belfast Intl from E.Midlands on 21st June... that's how it's so cheap!

We're getting the train down to Dublin if we manage to get show tickets and then training it back up for the Belfast show the next day. If we don't get Dublin tix, we're just gonna spend the day going round Belfast :)

It's gonna cost us a grand total of £30 to travel to, from and round Ireland for both shows :geek:

Looked at BMI baby.... more expensive than some others for me! I guess it's choice of airports and timings....
    Post edited by redrock on
  • redrock wrote:
    [

It really is... we attempted to get flights from Birmingham to Dublin: over £30 each :shock:

Sorry, hun, I wasn't rubbing it in.

• redrock wrote:

Looked at BMI baby.... more expensive than some others for me! I guess it's choice of airports and timings....
    bmi is my connection flight via London
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Anchor Guesthouse..anyone know it?
    redrock wrote:
    [

It really is... we attempted to get flights from Birmingham to Dublin: over £30 each :shock:

Sorry, hun, I wasn't rubbing it in.

It's not rubbing it in... I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing out on anything! Anyway, will worry about flights and hotels a bit later... once I know I have tickets.
  • danleri wrote:
    Please let me know if I can help with the preparty and fundraiser and all the rest!

Can't imagine getting Whelan's booked to be honest. We'd need to go for something a bit less in demand. Not sure if The Underground at Kennedy's (behind trinity) is still operational, but that would be perfect. Or maybe whatever they're calling the venue at the Isaac Butt these days.
    93: Slane
    96: Cork, Dublin
    00: Dublin
    06: London, Dublin
    07: London, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    09: Manchester, London
    10: Dublin, Belfast, London & Berlin
    11: San José
    12: Isle of Wight, Copenhagen, Ed in Manchester & London x2
  • Just booked one night at Jurys Inn Parnell Street in Dublin, hope it's a good location :)

It's pretty damn central - 2 minute walk to O'Connell Street - though not the nicest area in the world.
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Well for about £70 all in I got my flight to Dublin and from Belfast to London. Same as you Rita I need Heathrow and that puts the price and taxes up.

For those flying into London of the London airports if the prices are similar for flights go for Heathrow as you can get straight onto the tube without having to pay the expensive trains from the airports to London.
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • chime wrote:
    Well for about £70 all in I got my flight to Dublin and from Belfast to London. Same as you Rita I need Heathrow and that puts the price and taxes up.

For those flying into London of the London airports if the prices are similar for flights go for Heathrow as you can get straight onto the tube without having to pay the expensive trains from the airports to London.
    what flight from belfast to london ?+for sure via Heathrow
    danleri wrote:

Can't imagine getting Whelan's booked to be honest. We'd need to go for something a bit less in demand. Not sure if The Underground at Kennedy's (behind trinity) is still operational, but that would be perfect. Or maybe whatever they're calling the venue at the Isaac Butt these days.

Excellent suggestions! The Underground is still going alright, and I thought of the Isaac Butt but it looks like a coffee shop at the moment! If there's still a pub in it, it'd be perfect for it as most would be in or around the northside anyway!
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • satansbedsatansbed Posts: 2,139
    Jennytree wrote:

Excellent suggestions! The Underground is still going alright, and I thought of the Isaac Butt but it looks like a coffee shop at the moment! If there's still a pub in it, it'd be perfect for it as most would be in or around the northside anyway!

the underground looks deadly i must say
  • Jennytree wrote:
    danleri wrote:

My friend's band played the Isaac Butt the other night, so it's still going.