Dublin crew!!!

Comments

• jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    eMMI wrote:
    jrd wrote:
    afternoon/evenin' all - page two again... :roll:
    just bought a Wii as a Christmas pressie for the sprog (no, not for me, i certainly won't be using it... ;) :oops: ).
    wonder if i'll manage to keep it hidden and unused until Christmas day...

it's not even the middle of OCTOBER!!! :evil: :shock: :?

I don't want to think about Christmas yet. I refuse. :twisted: just the other day I was looking at all the Christmas choccies creeping their way into the stores. feck off!! at least wait until November!!!!

(rant not directed at you jrd. :D)

saw one of my bestest friends today after quite a while. I luurrrrve her. :)

i know, i know...! :oops:

just a good 'special' offer on the Wii so i thought i'd use Christmas as the excuse for buying it. but if i bought it for Christmas do i (and i mean 'i') have to wait until Christmas to use it... ? or can i set it up to 'evaluate' it and make sure it's working OK before then...? hmmmm...?

Tesco was selling mince pies a month ago - expiry date was some time in October...!!! :shock:
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
    redrock wrote:
    Hello... I feel a bit crappy today... cold/flu symptoms - bummer.

hey rita - lemsip max, sofa and a PJ DVD should sort you out for a while... ;)

p.s. were you in Kingston last Saturday afternoon...? :?:
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • Hello all *waves*

How are we today?

Rita, make sure you get your head over a bowl of boiling water and Albas Oil. It did me and Dave the world of good when we were ill a couple of weeks ago :D
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    jrd wrote:
    redrock wrote:
    Hello... I feel a bit crappy today... cold/flu symptoms - bummer.

hey rita - lemsip max, sofa and a PJ DVD should sort you out for a while... ;)

p.s. were you in Kingston last Saturday afternoon...? :?:

Well... left work a bit earlier (11ish) thinking I would just cocoon myself for a couple of hours (Rob out for an art class) but.... almost home when the lady helping me with the cleaning called saying she couldn't come today. Bummer because my inlaws are arriving tomorrow and the house needs to be clean so.... No cocooning, sofa nad PJ DVD but cleaning :(

And yes, I think I was in Kingston. I suppose you were too since you are asking but you were too rude to come and say hello! I was the harrassed looking one with the nearly 15 year old poo-pooing every single raincoat and coat she saw (and that were at a reasonable price). Told her she needed to get one because she wasn't going away at half-term with just a cardy/hoodie. She got one!

Sian.... I love olbas oil. Works a treat.
    redrock wrote:

And yes, I think I was in Kingston. I suppose you were too since you are asking but you were too rude to come and say hello! I was the harrassed looking one with the nearly 15 year old poo-pooing every single raincoat and coat she saw (and that were at a reasonable price). Told her she needed to get one because she wasn't going away at half-term with just a cardy/hoodie. She got one!

ha! as if i wouldn't come and say hello when i can just spy from a distance... :shock:
    was standing at the 111 bus stop outside the Bentall Centre and saw you crossing over from John Lewis (?), but was with a whining 5-year-old going "oh where'sssssss the bussssssss???" so didn't feel like leaving the bus stop at that point!
    had been to see 3D Up which was jolly good, BTW... :D
    jrd wrote:
    redrock wrote:

ha! as if i wouldn't come and say hello when i can just spy from a distance... :shock:
    was standing at the 111 bus stop outside the Bentall Centre and saw you crossing over from John Lewis (?), but was with a whining 5-year-old going "oh where'sssssss the bussssssss???" so didn't feel like leaving the bus stop at that point!
    had been to see 3D Up which was jolly good, BTW... :D

Kids :roll: Whatever age they are! ooOOoo 3D Up!!! Want to go see that!
  • eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    jrd wrote:
    i know, i know...! :oops:

just a good 'special' offer on the Wii so i thought i'd use Christmas as the excuse for buying it. but if i bought it for Christmas do i (and i mean 'i') have to wait until Christmas to use it... ? or can i set it up to 'evaluate' it and make sure it's working OK before then...? hmmmm...?

Tesco was selling mince pies a month ago - expiry date was some time in October...!!! :shock:

'evaluate' away my good man!

just googled 'mince pie'. I have no comment on that really. :D silly to be selling Christmassy food well ahead of time though.. that said, I am glad glogg (or I guess you could call it mulled wine?) has made its way to the shelves already. :oops: it's soooo good.

so, Friday again - what the hell goes on in this world?! where did the rest of the week go, huh? HUH?!

Rita, are you feeling any better yet? :?

watched X-Men Origins: Wolverine last night. *dreamy* I just hope no one asks me if it's any good. cause my answer will be totally biased and based on the fact that Hugh Jackman is hot. :geek:

in conclusion, I want to win the lotto, pack up some things (and miss cat) and travel somewhere. :mrgreen:
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    I had my first mince pie of this season last night 8-) ... what could I do there were a box sat in the kitchen when I got home :mrgreen:
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
    eMMI wrote:
    'evaluate' away my good man!

excellent, thankyou :D
    in fact i've just heard that a large Amazon box has arrived at home... think i know what i'll be doing this weekend... ;)
    ...that said, I am glad glogg (or I guess you could call it mulled wine?) has made its way to the shelves already. :oops: it's soooo good.

no, i think i'll be calling it 'glogg' from now on because i think that's an excellent name for it! :lol:
    so, Friday again - what the hell goes on in this world?! where did the rest of the week go, huh? HUH?!

don't care. i'm just glad that it IS Friday... :mrgreen:
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    ew mince pies!
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • We're having a homemade Christmas this year so our mince pies will be hand cooked! :D

Any tips will be welcomed :oops:
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

• Hola!!
    Dublin '96, '00, '06, '10
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
  • ilockyerilockyer Posts: 2,269
    chime wrote:
    I had my first mince pie of this season last night 8-) ... what could I do there were a box sat in the kitchen when I got home :mrgreen:

Good restraint to only eat one!
    The secret to a happy ending is knowing when to roll the credits
    We're having a homemade Christmas this year so our mince pies will be hand cooked! :D

don't use mince.
  • jrd wrote:
    We're having a homemade Christmas this year so our mince pies will be hand cooked! :D

don't use mince.

What, ACTUAL mince? as in minced cow?! :shock:

Sian... make the pastry really short and don't bother even trying to make your own mincemeat - it's too late for that now anyway... get some good quality stuff from the supermarket (you might just want to add a drop or two of brandy in it!).

Emmi... not all that better but cold & flu tablets and neurofren keeping me going. Too much to do, inlaws coming today for a long week-end....

I love mulled wine, pears poached in mulled wine, dried fruit poached in mulled wine, mulled wine just for drinking, mulled wine over my cereals in the morning (just joking about that one though I did have an uncle who poured Grand Marnier over his cereals!).

Pip... as ilockyer said... good restraint. I do like a good mince pie (will mulled wine!). I love Christmas!
    jrd wrote:

don't use mince.

yeah, don't use Real (tm) mince. i know it gets confusing them being called mince pies and supermarkets selling mince made from cows etc but, and you'll have to trust me on this, you don't make mince pies with mince, you make 'em with mincemeat.

there, glad i could help clear that one up for you. :roll:

just let me know when i stop being helpful.

does the word 'mince' now sound odd to you...?
    redrock wrote:
    I love glogg, pears poached in glogg, dried fruit poached in glogg, glogg just for drinking, glogg over my cereals in the morning (just joking about that one though I did have an uncle who poured Grand Marnier over his cereals!).

just edited your post for ya, Red, you made a few minor errors... ;)
  • jrd wrote:
    jrd wrote:
    don't use mince.

yeah, don't use Real (tm) mince. i know it gets confusing them being called mince pies and supermarkets selling mince made from cows etc but, and you'll have to trust me on this, you don't make mince pies with mince, you make 'em with mincemeat.

there, glad i could help clear that one up for you. :roll:

just let me know when i stop being helpful.

Oh I know not to use MINCE mince! I love mincemeat... silly fool! :P :lol:

I was looking for more tips along the lines of Rita's, but thanks for your input ;)

mince mince mince mince mince mince mince mince mince mince mince mince mincey mince....

hmm yes, it is kinda strange now... :|

• redrock wrote:
    Sian... make the pastry really short and don't bother even trying to make your own mincemeat - it's too late for that now anyway... get some good quality stuff from the supermarket (you might just want to add a drop or two of brandy in it!).

I do like a good mince pie (will mulled wine!). I love Christmas!

Thanks Rita! :D

I won't make my own mincemeat (although it did cross my mind, thanks for pointing it out it's too late now :oops: ), i'll just add plenty of port to shop bought instead. We don't like brandy... icky stuff :?

Oh mulled wine! :mrgreen:

How do I make that then? :oops:

it's what Google was invented for... ;)

or the quick, though not as nice way, is to buy mulled wine sachets from Sainsbury's (note: there are other supermarkets) and red wine and follow the instructions. or buy bottles of ready-made mulled wine.

i have a feeling Rita will have a more useful reply for you... i'm feeling... kinda... Friday-afternoon-ish... :oops:
    jrd wrote:

does to me. :?
    jrd wrote:
    excellent, thankyou :D
    in fact i've just heard that a large Amazon box has arrived at home... think i know what i'll be doing this weekend... ;)

8-)
    jrd wrote:
    no, i think i'll be calling it 'glogg' from now on because i think that's an excellent name for it! :lol:

well, the reason I threw the word out there is cause the stuff we buy here, doesn't actually have wine in it or anything. and all in all, from what I've read, it's somewhat different from mulled wine so, glogg. :D (or in Finnish, 'glögi'.)

of course there is the stuff made of wine and whatnot. but I like mine non-alc too. :mrgreen:
    jrd wrote:
    don't care. i'm just glad that it IS Friday... :mrgreen:

oh I don't mind it being Friday at all. I'm just wondering how the week went by and I didn't seem to do much. hah. gotta work tomorrow morning though. but then seeing friends in the evening. and was happily surprised to find out today that I don't actually have to work on Sunday. I was sure I had the night shift. :geek:
    redrock wrote:
    Emmi... not all that better but cold & flu tablets and neurofren keeping me going. Too much to do, inlaws coming today for a long week-end....

aww. well I hope you feel better soon! xx *hugs*
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • Hola :roll:
    Dublin '96, '00, '06, '10
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
    Hola :roll:

iHola! Cómo estas? :mrgreen:

EDIT: oops, sorry we ignored you back there. :?
  • V VV V Posts: 5,191
    CHRISTMAS !!!! why are you talking about Christmas we haven't had HALLOWEEN yet !!!!! you should be planning spirder pies and ghoast cakes !! :lol:

oh dear been in a dance bubble and missing my Pearl Jam world, got them on nice n loud this morning though, house to me sen for a bit.
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
    redrock wrote:

I do like a good mince pie (will mulled wine!). I love Christmas!

Thanks Rita! :D

I won't make my own mincemeat (although it did cross my mind, thanks for pointing it out it's too late now :oops: ), i'll just add plenty of port to shop bought instead. We don't like brandy... icky stuff :?

Port is good too (I guess :) ) What about Cointreau or Grand Marnier? That's good in the mince pies too!

Mulled wine.... dead easy. Wine (cheap or good stuff), sugar, an orange poked with a few cloves, a sliced orange (with the zest separate), a sliced lemon (with the zest separate), a stick or two of cinnamon, a bit of crushed ginger, a scrunched up bay leaf and a bit of brandy (which you don't like) or Cointreau - NO PORT!!!! If you don't like the Cointreau either, you don't need to add it.

Put it all in a pot and let simmer for a while (not boil or the alcohol will totally evaporate and it will lose it's taste). Once all nicely simmered and the flavours have mixed, take out all the bits and pieces (if there is still 'juice' left in the orange and lemon slices, squish them in the wine). Strain the mulled wine (to get all the last little bits and pieces out). When you serve, you can add a lil' slice of orange & lemon or the zests or whatever takes your fancy.

Proportions for the above are really dependant on taste and how much wine you start with and how cheap or not the wine is (the cheaper wine will probably need a bit more sugar!). If you're not making much, maybe use a satsuma or a couple of clementines instead of the oranges. Clementines (the little ones...) are REALLY nice - I prefer them to oranges in the mulled wine.

mmmmmm... mulled wine......
    V V wrote:
    CHRISTMAS !!!! why are you talking about Christmas we haven't had HALLOWEEN yet !!!!! you should be planning spirder pies and ghoast cakes !! :lol:

oh dear been in a dance bubble and missing my Pearl Jam world, got them on nice n loud this morning though, house to me sen for a bit.

Mulled wine is good any time V!!!! Once the weather cools, must have mulled wine :mrgreen:

I not only have halloween spider and ghost cakes to think of but straight after Alice in Wonderland stuff to plan and make!
  • V VV V Posts: 5,191
    me thinks u should conbine Alice and halloween baking !!!

Asda do a fab range of halloween stuff got 4 clear plastic skull wine glasses and beer jugs last yr, this yr added to them with a jusg and shot glasses :mrgreen: , nice bit of steamy mulled wine in them would look fab :mrgreen:
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
    Might do V... Gabrielle is away next week so I might get ahead and bake and put the stuff in the freezer, ready to take out and decorate....

Must check out ghouly drink vessels!
  • UKDaveUKDave Posts: 5,557
    Afternoon all... :D

In serious countdown mode now.. due date is November 9th... and 2-3 weeks later we're moving house!! :shock:

Hope you're all well? 8-)
    Astoria Crew
    Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight...
    Astoria, Dublin, Reading 06
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    This is just g'bye for now...