Options

Dublin crew!!!

Comments

• Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Jennytree wrote:
    So what is the best way to get from Manchester to London?

oh and the MEN and Manchester travelodge are within half a mile of Manchester Victoria rail station...

i'm soooo excited.... any of you guys coming for a Sunday 16th pre-meet party booze up thingamajiggy????? 8-)8-)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    dannymcdannymc Posts: 36
    Theres also the megabus thing for a quid - if you book it early enough. There are people over on the NIN forums doing the same thing as in July they play MEN / O2 back to back...theres also national express from Chorlton Street Bus Station, or virgin trains to London every hour or so from Piccadilly station - earlier you book the cheaper it is. Try virgin or thetrainline.com. Also dont travel peak hour, which is before ten am i think. Only takes 2 1/2 hrs max to get to London Euston.
  • Options
    JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    dunkman wrote:
    Jennytree wrote:

oh and the MEN and Manchester travelodge are within half a mile of Manchester Victoria rail station...

i'm soooo excited.... any of you guys coming for a Sunday 16th pre-meet party booze up thingamajiggy????? 8-)8-)

If I'm going to Manchester, then I'll defo go! Although I'll just be flying in from Berlin that day :twisted:
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    dannymcdannymc Posts: 36
    dunkman wrote:
    Jennytree wrote:

Nice idea - but more than likely not as we will more than likely have to stay over after the gig as last train for Liverpool (where I live now) leaves Victoria at 1109...ive never seen a band break curfew but i aint hopping on my dodgy back for that train! One of us could drive, though not very fair on one staying sober, so may book in and make a night of it...its all good!
  • Options
    LoDoubleULoDoubleU Posts: 80
    See you guys in London :-)
    Can't afford Manchester too, just bought Download tickets and WWE tickets!!!!
    My credit card company are gonna love me!! hahaha!!
    xxx
    How to be happy and true....
    Is the quest we're taking together...
  • Options
    dannymc wrote:
    Theres also the megabus thing for a quid - if you book it early enough. There are people over on the NIN forums doing the same thing as in July they play MEN / O2 back to back...theres also national express from Chorlton Street Bus Station, or virgin trains to London every hour or so from Piccadilly station - earlier you book the cheaper it is. Try virgin or thetrainline.com. Also dont travel peak hour, which is before ten am i think. Only takes 2 1/2 hrs max to get to London Euston.

Ok so just did a quick check there, train ticket cost £120 :shock:
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    Jennytree wrote:
    dannymc wrote:

:shock:
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • Options
    chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Jennytree wrote:
    dannymc wrote:

Jenny it's too far in advance. Cheap train fares usually released 8-10 weeks before travel.

Keep an eye on here to see when they become available

http://www.virgintrains.co.uk/buy_ticke ... fault.aspx
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Options
    Feck, I dunno whether to go to Manchester or not :cry:
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    Jennytree wrote:
    Feck, I dunno whether to go to Manchester or not :cry:

well.. I don't know anything.. :?
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    "Pearl Jam have announced a short European tour for this Summer.

Four dates have been announced for August, including Manchester and London, with a full-scale 2009 tour expected following the release of the band's new album in Autumn."

(from some news item - googled - there are several sources stating this)

So... there may still be hope for me?
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    "Pearl Jam have announced a short European tour for this Summer.

Four dates have been announced for August, including Manchester and London, with a full-scale 2009 tour expected following the release of the band's new album in Autumn."

(from some news item - googled - there are several sources stating this)

So... there may still be hope for me?

oh I hope so! I don't see 4 dates being enough. for anybody. :D
  • Options
    wash_wash_ Posts: 1,073
    Cor blimey, what a chore it is to message in all these threads and on facebook, never mind texting!!!

I'm looking for 2 spares for London. My 2 very dumb mates forgot to renew their 10c! Pm if you can help me out.

So hoping they come back after Sep for you guys that can't make it. x
    2006 ░▒▓ Astoria, Dublin, Leeds, Reading, Lisbon, Paris, Verona, Athens
    2007 ░▒▓ London, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009 ░▒▓ Manchester, London
    2010 ░▒▓ Hyde Park

*§* Music is all the juice i'll need *§*
  • Options
    wash_ wrote:
    Cor blimey, what a chore it is to message in all these threads and on facebook, never mind texting!!!

I'm looking for 2 spares for London. My 2 very dumb mates forgot to renew their 10c! Pm if you can help me out.

The thing is, unless you go seating (with the hope of good seats to the side), the standing 10C don't offer early entrance it would seem. Your friends could try with the General Sale and their tix would be the same as yours.
  • Options
    wash_wash_ Posts: 1,073
    redrock wrote:
    wash_ wrote:

The thing is, unless you go seating (with the hope of good seats to the side), the standing 10C don't offer early entrance it would seem. Your friends could try with the General Sale and their tix would be the same as yours.
    Yeah, that is another option. Taking me a while to sort they're tickets out so I might just get them to sort it!
    2006 ░▒▓ Astoria, Dublin, Leeds, Reading, Lisbon, Paris, Verona, Athens
    2007 ░▒▓ London, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009 ░▒▓ Manchester, London
    2010 ░▒▓ Hyde Park

*§* Music is all the juice i'll need *§*
  • Options
    nutmeg81nutmeg81 Posts: 627
    hope to make it manchester and london!!!

thought it two weeks before Electric Picnic
    26/10/96 dublin
    01/06/00 dublin
    23/08/06 dublin
    11/09/06 paris
    18/06/07 london
    17/08/09 manchester
    18/08/09 london
  • Options
    danleridanleri Posts: 497
    I JUST GOT 2 FOR BERLIN!

Guys I can't believe this is happening!

I come back home, I switch on my laptop, I check my emails and facebook... and I SEE!

Went straight to Goods section and saw the dates... I got an inspiration and I bought Berlin!
    I was in London Astoria in 2006 so maybe that's why I decided to go for the Berlin gig... I was there with my gf in 2005 and it's a beautiful city... and now I'll go back there to see Pearl Jam!

I can't believe it! I am going out rite now to celebrate PEARL JAM back in EU!

Thank you guys!
    Verona '00 | Dublin '06 | Barcelona '06 | London '07 | Copenhagen '07 | Berlin '09 | Dublin '10 | Belfast '10 | Berlin '10 | Toronto1 '11 | Toronto2 '11 | Amsterdam1 '12 | Stockholm '12 | Oslo '12 | Copenhagen '12 | Brooklyn1 '13 | Brooklyn2 '13 | Amsterdam1 '14 | Amsterdam2 '14 | Vienna '14 | Berlin '14
  • Options
    Redrock, got a spare room?

I am working on it, will let ya know (which means I may have extra tix too)??

Not 100%.....
    Cheers,
    NEWAGEHIPPIE

Keep your eyes open, eventually something will happen....
  • Options

Not 100%.....

she leaves for Italy (?) on the 16th (?). :(

(it's in this thread a few pages back.)

welcome to Europe again though! and to Dublin Crew!
  • Options
    Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    Jennytree wrote:
    In the car with us :D ROAD TRIP! And you can inflict your music on us this time :mrgreen:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    UKDaveUKDave Posts: 5,557
    I'll be doing road trip too I think, do we need to co-ordinate??? ;)
    Astoria Crew
    Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight...
    Astoria, Dublin, Reading 06
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    This is just g'bye for now...
  • Options
    Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095

Not 100%.....
    :D oh you have to come if you can. We'll find you a couch somewhere :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    foxymop79foxymop79 Posts: 460
    Well - it's been along time since I said hi to some you guys! Sorry, its been a crazy couple of years with so much going on (including a new baby girl, she's 11 weeks old now and of course loves PJ!) and haven't been online much!

But - I got Manchester tix - even though I didn't even know about this tour til a little while ago and thought there was no way I would get tickets!

Really hope to catch up with the Astoria/Dublin crew!

xxx
    Wembley 1996
    Glasgow 2000
    Astoria 2006
    Leeds Festival 2006
    Dublin 2006 (Wooooot!)

*Astoria Crew in Dublin 2006*
  • Options
    Jennytree wrote:
    In the car with us :D ROAD TRIP! And you can inflict your music on us this time :mrgreen:

Hehe... we'll have to see about that! I can drive (legally) btw, that'll make me useful n'such if I don't end up getting a train :D
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,859
    4 shows is not enough for me to make it :cry::cry::cry::cry:
    i want to, but the money i save on this will get me a lot more shows in the US.
    As much was i want to rock with the euro crew again, it will have to wait till next year! :D more shows, bigger tour :D
    Enjoy
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Options
    foxymop79 wrote:
    (including a new baby girl, she's 11 weeks old now and of course loves PJ!)

xxx
    :o:o:o:D:D:D

Foxy!!! Congratulations :D:D
  • Options

Not 100%.....

:o:o:o:o My god!!! You guys are all coming out!!!! Casey :D How have you been doing????

I'm not around for PJ - I'm in Italy. But anytime before the 15th..... :)
  • Options
    As much was i want to rock with the euro crew again, it will have to wait till next year! :D more shows, bigger tour :D
    Enjoy

Soupy... there are rumours of a full european tour later this year..... Come to Europe later instead of going to the US!
  • Options
    Enjoy

It won't be the same without ye there, but we'll be rockin' out again in a few months on some random continent :D
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,859
    redrock wrote:
    Enjoy

Soupy... there are rumours of a full european tour later this year..... Come to Europe later instead of going to the US!

i would think next year. they would do some big money making festy dates
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!