Options

Dublin crew!!!

Comments

• Options
    Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    redrock wrote:
    good for the south though... cos the north's soooooooooooooooo far away from them... and the east and west for that matter :roll:

Whaaaat???? :? :?

"The North is to South what the clock is to time
    There's east and there's west and there's everywhere life"

Are you trying to rewrite the lyrics to I am Mine?
    :D not that I was aware of :D

he's playing memphis and atlanta... aren't those south?
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    Lets all sit back and relax - wait for the bitching to commence. Cocktail, anyone?
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861
    i had the great pleasure of meeting our friend Mr Ben Harper tonight :D
    made what was always going to be a great gig even better
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Jennytree wrote:
    Lets all sit back and relax - wait for the bitching to commence. Cocktail, anyone?

Wait for it to commence? It's been full swing since the announcement!
  • Options
    Hello everyone... hope you are enjoying the start of the long week-end!

Have MTV 2 on (for some reason) while I am doing very mundane things.... Watching Zane Lowe's top Guitar Legends. Evenflow was just on with Mr. Mike McCready at nr. 31 - I would put him higher up!
  • Options
    eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    well I finally managed to sort out the strangeness that covered my logging in process (thanks to some advice on the hippie board) and now I'm back here. :geek:

I see none of you missed me. :cry:

anyway, it's about 3 AM and I'm wide awake. have to go to work in around 7 hours and am not very pleased about that. on the other hand, I've got some friends coming over later tomorrow (or today - whatever) and that should be fun.

right, guess it's time to try and get back to sleep. talk to yous all laters. xxx
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • Options
    jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    april 8th.
    my birthday.
    Liverpool stuffed by Chelsea.
    bummer.
    april 9th.
    went to Bornemouth for a night away for my birthday.
    cold.
    wet.
    windy.
    and so was the weather (boom boom!)
    memo to GF - never go away at Easter, or any Bank Holiday.
    april 10th.
    cold.
    wet.
    windy.
    go home.
    april 11th.
    back home.
    cold.
    wet.
    windy.
    stay at home.
    Liverpool win.
    all is well with the world again...

here endeth the lesson.

Happy Easter....
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • Options
    V VV V Posts: 5,191
    jrd !!! you should have come to the west country apart from thursday its been sunny

check this out ppl
    http://www.plastichead.com/catalogue.as ... =MAMA024LP
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • Options
    eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    V V wrote:
    jrd !!! you should have come to the west country apart from thursday its been sunny

check this out ppl
    http://www.plastichead.com/catalogue.as ... =MAMA024LP

yeah, I read that the vinyl is red and thought "I must have it!" :lol:

ugh, feeling a little under the weather today, lonnnng night last night. but it's nothing a little tuna and ice cream (eaten separately!) couldn't fix. :D doesn't look very sunny outside which is a shame cause it was absolutely gorgeous yesterday!
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • Options
    so, who's heading state-side mid August?! I dunno whether to do that or hold out for Europe possibly next year some time :?
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    not me cant do such long distance shows!

have just been asked to work downloads though :D got to check that Mr V can work and do the school run!
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • Options
    jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    Jennytree wrote:
    so, who's heading state-side mid August?! I dunno whether to do that or hold out for Europe possibly next year some time :?

can't do it this time... :(
    too far, too expensive given the exchange rate, i don't really like festival shows, and just too expensive whatever the exchange rate is...! well, those are my lame excuses anyway.
    hmmm... i'm just going to check my lottery ticket... ;)
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646

he's not MY friend... i think the guy sucks elephants through a straw... if i had the option of meeting him or the rotting carcass of a dolphin i'd choose the dolphin. :oops:

good for you though chief! 8-)8-)8-)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861
    dunkman wrote:

he's not MY friend... i think the guy sucks elephants through a straw... if i had the option of meeting him or the rotting carcass of a dolphin i'd choose the dolphin. :oops:

good for you though chief! 8-)8-)8-)

:o:o:o:o

The new stuff sounds great!
    rockin to say the least

hope to see some more shows later in the year somewhere

in PJ news there is a very very good chance that you will see me westside this year.
    Just when i was thinking of making a move to those parts so it suits me very well
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Options

rockin to say the least

in PJ news there is a very very good chance that you will see me westside this year.
    Just when i was thinking of making a move to those parts so it suits me very well
    For what it's worth, I'M extremely jealous :D

People I could REALLY do with some good luck one of these days... I wouldn't normally ask but there's been some shit things going on that I won't get into... and I need things to turn around or things could get really bad... so if you've any spare good vibes hanging around, I could do with them.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    *throws some good vibes at Helen's face*

Tis feckin' freezin in work, and I'm sick. I'm not booking any flights yet - random festivals don't suit me really. Just holding out for the west coast dates and make a decision then.
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    Jennytree wrote:

Tis feckin' freezin in work, and I'm sick. I'm not booking any flights yet - random festivals don't suit me really. Just holding out for the west coast dates and make a decision then.
    :D no need to fucking blind me with them :mrgreen: but thanks

Hang on for something you see and think... 'I have to go to that one'. If you're iffy.. don't be going spending a fortune.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    Jennytree wrote:

:D no need to fucking blind me with them :mrgreen: but thanks

Hang on for something you see and think... 'I have to go to that one'. If you're iffy.. don't be going spending a fortune.

Hehe... always lookin out for ye ;)

I'm thinking my essential show this year will be Seattle - but it'd be like what I did last year in NY - a week there, lots of tourist things and a PJ show somewhere in between. I'll do the 20 cities in 3 weeks thing for the next Euro round, cos it's a hella cheaper!
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    JimNasticsJimNastics Posts: 679
    Hopefully the rumour that they're playing at that Portugese festival in July 2010 is true, obviously it'd be part of a Euro tour. Though I hope they don't just do festivals... I'd love to go over to Dublin again for the Point! Wembley again would be good as well :D
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646

rockin to say the least

For what it's worth, I'M extremely jealous :D

People I could REALLY do with some good luck one of these days... I wouldn't normally ask but there's been some shit things going on that I won't get into... and I need things to turn around or things could get really bad... so if you've any spare good vibes hanging around, I could do with them.

good vibrations to Helen... i hear jenny has lots of good vibes hanging around... :roll:

oh dont get me wrong... i think its get Soupster met one of his heroes n stoof... i too would be delighted if i met one of mine... 8-)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    Back in the ol' UK after a few days in Brussels.

Helen... good vibes your way if I'm not too late!

Hope all is well with everyone else.

AND..... I'M LOOKING FOR 2 TIX FOR HYDE PARK - BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN IF ANYONE HAS SPARES!!!! THANK YOU.
  • Options
    pink fluffy vibes for helen ((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((HH)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

big kisses for the rest of you, had a nice couple of days in devon with me dad. shame easter hols will soon be over and have to get up earliy but looking forward to having house to myself !!!! THEN I will watch PJ unpluggged all by my self :mrgreen:;):o :shock: :oops: :lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    Thanks all :D it may have worked.

I'd two interviews today and just after the 2nd one the 1st company called me offering me the job :o:mrgreen: so of course I've said yes. No contract yet and she hasn't called me back to let me know when I'd be starting yet BUT it's looking pretty good.

The 2nd interview was with an agency (but for a MUCH better job with GREAT pay and just down the road) and she was well impressed with me and is sending my cv in so I could have an interview with them next week hopefully. She has a few friends working there so I reckon she wouldn't recommend me unless she thought it was good. Cos I'm to presume I'm not starting the other one next week so I may as well keep all options open. So that's SOME of what I was worried about and hopefully it will work out. Even if I end up with the first one (crap money and only part time) it's still a job and, once I've started, I can look for something to fill the other hours and get more money.

I'm starting my dressmaking course on Wednesday too :mrgreen:

So thanks all and happy Friday :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    redrock wrote:

AND..... I'M LOOKING FOR 2 TIX FOR HYDE PARK - BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN IF ANYONE HAS SPARES!!!! THANK YOU.
    If this job doesn't work out I could well end up having to sell my 2 Bruce AND my 2 Neil tickets... hopefully not but they're yours if you haven't got yourself sorted by then.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    redrock wrote:

If this job doesn't work out I could well end up having to sell my 2 Bruce AND my 2 Neil tickets... hopefully not but they're yours if you haven't got yourself sorted by then.

Job will work out... I have Neil ones and I think I have scored Springsteen ones... Obviously, for Springsteen I won't know until I have them in hand (got them via gumtree at face!). So I think I am a happy bunny for the moment!
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    redrock wrote:

Job will work out... I have Neil ones and I think I have scored Springsteen ones... Obviously, for Springsteen I won't know until I have them in hand (got them via gumtree at face!). So I think I am a happy bunny for the moment!
    Good good... I'll see ya there then :D birthday weekend too :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    Good good... I'll see ya there then :D birthday weekend too :D

ooooOOOOooooo
  • Options
    UKDaveUKDave Posts: 5,557
    Morning all, quick update (why is life so hectic.....?!!)

We have the date through for the scan now, 29th April, so fingers crossed for that!! :)

...oh and David jnr is heading over to China for a year teaching English to a Kindergarten activity class!! :D
    Astoria Crew
    Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight...
    Astoria, Dublin, Reading 06
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    This is just g'bye for now...
  • Options
    Dave!!! Wow... it's all go in the Dave household! Lots of excitement :D First scan is really something! And China for David! Hope he enjoys it :D

Morning to all!
  • Options
    wow yes Dave that ALL sounds very exciting ! :D

monday !!!!! school started phew to getting back into the flow (I can hardly work tho. did dance workshops all day sat, too many lunge squats :o and party sat night, it was so much fun)