Dublin crew!!!

Comments

• chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Sp glad it went well Ms V :) ... am sure you were splendid ;)
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    V V wrote:
    hahaha soon ! ; )

i did shimmy n roll how intuative of you my dear !
    and I'm glade to say I did trip over in my new too long trousers Phew!!

hey jrd I'm teaching a begginers class in a couple of weeks, I think you should get ur butt down here !!!! :p

Thank you emmi :) I meet the other emmi last night she was amazing but not as lovely as you !

sounds grand. :D

haha. it's a tough task to reach my level of loveliness. :o;)
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • eMMI wrote:
    sounds grand. :D

haha. it's a tough task to reach my level of loveliness. :o;)

you are just so lovely miss emmi! ;)
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
    you are just so lovely miss emmi! ;)

thank you. I'm going to completely ignore any sarcasm you might have had in that. :D
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • eMMI wrote:
    I'm going to completely ignore any sarcasm you might have had in there. :D

no sarcasm, you said it yourself...
    and it is 2.30am here, and i am drinking beer, so defiantly no sarcasm! just loveliness!! :D
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,

• JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    howiye all! Good to hear from Ms. Red :)

I have a brand new baby nephew - born on Thursday night.
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Jennytree wrote:

that was 2 days ago... hardly brand new :rolleyes:

p.s. mucho congrats Auntie Tree :):)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    Jennytree wrote:

congratulashoons!! :)
  • V V wrote:
    :) I'll cut n paste some words from RR
    Aug. 1st.
    Well... another week-end coming and Rob home again. I'm hoping he will be in neuro rehab sometime next week as he is next on the list - that will do him a world of good. It would also give me peace of mind as I will be going to France with Gabrielle and some friends on the 8th for two weeks. Breaks my heart to leave him but we are both exhausted and need a break. Rob's parents will be staying at my place and will be visiting him. Also, if he is in rehab, it is in Wimbledon which is much closer to home and friends can go visit too.

Rob's not doing too bad - every day there is a lil' improvement, though he is terribly 'down in the dumps' at the moment. I take him out every afternoon, but it is getting more difficult to cheer him up - home visits help a lot but Sunday evenings are difficult for him (having to go back to the hospital). Hopefully, once he is in the rehab unit it will be very different as it is not a hospital environment - more like a boarding school!

Love to all
    xxxx

Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:00 pm

Rob in rehab Monday!!!! Could have gone in tomorrow but that meant he wouldn't have been able to be home for the week-end - he's here now and a happy bunny (even if he is a bit apprehensive!). One less worry for me when I am in France. I can concentrate on petits pains au chocolat, Kouing-aman (the yummiest breton cake EVER!), cider, etc.

that was her last post , so things are getting better :)

still sending you tons of love RR XXXX

Good to hear that Rob is getting slowly better. Love and hugs to Rita, Rob and Gabrielle
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • Stoney! long time since you have been around these parts! :)
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,

• V VV V Posts: 5,191
    soooooo what about this jack white alicia keys 007 track ???
    only heard it once hummmm very mixed in music sounds really not sure what i think about it.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Z464JQ5gwKw
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
    V V wrote:
    soooooo what about this jack white alicia keys 007 track ???
    only heard it once hummmm very mixed in music sounds really not sure what i think about it.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Z464JQ5gwKw

i really like it... totally different and goes with the new launch of the Bond franchise..
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    dunkman wrote:
    i really like it... totally different and goes with the new launch of the Bond franchise..

it def. has a Bond sounds to it I dont dislike it, there is alot going on in it which I like. hahaha

umm and Mr. Dunkiepoo's how about the new KOL album out today u getting/got it ?
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • Thanks for the update V :)

Congrats Jenny :)

Hi all!
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    It's been so long since I've come here to give a lil' update - same old excuse really - lack of time. I get up at 4.30am and don't get home until 7.30-8.00pm, then all the usual 'domestic' stuff has to happen as well as trying to spend some quality time with Gabrielle (seeing we don't get 'quantity' at the moment) and I am totally exhausted when all that is done! But I have been graciously reminded that I am neglecting you so here goes....

As you are aware that I was going on holiday - this was restful. I managed to convince myself that all was well back in London (when way down deep, I knew that wasn't quite right) and everytime I spoke to Rob, he did a good job making me believe it.

Rob has been in rehab now for six weeks. He is making incredible progress. He still has his short term memory problems, though it seems he's remembering 'important' things (and not what he has had for breakfast!) and his shoulder is still giving him a lot of grief. I've asked them to look into acupunture for this. His speech is soooooo much better. He is still searching for words sometimes and every once in a while what comes out is a bit strange but most of the time, it is perfect though he does have problems 'switching' topics (may get hung up on a idea). He is still a bit disorientated and still needs some prompting for things (ie he may be making a cup of tea but doesn't always remember in which order to do things). His reading is still quite muddled up in his brain. He can read a few sentences (uncovering them one at a time) and make sense of them, but more and it the sense goes. He can read the words and understand them perfectly but it's when there is a lot together that it doesn't work. He has been coming home every week end and that has been a blessing. The really downside at the moment is that he is VERY depressed, to the point it may hinder his recovery as he is less cooperative and is just putting his hands down. I have asked the doctor to give him something for that but, when the doc asks Rob about it, he says things are OK as he doesn't like to talk about those things with 'strangers' (bloody british men with their stiff upper lip!). But when he is in tears for nothing, you know something is wrong. The problem is that his intellect is as it was before and he is very frustrated and sad he's not functioning as he thinks he should. Things are taking way to long in his opinion. But we shall see.

One great bit of news is that he will be coming home for good on 5th November. Then there is another set of challenges but at least he will be home. For me it is really something to look forward to and it sort of keeps the adrenaline going (only six more weeks of this 'life'). For Rob it seems an eternity.

So this is it for the moment. Thank you all so much for your continued messages, cards, txts, posts, etc. You offers of baby sitting, cleaning, being my slave, etc. It really helps a lot. I've missed so much in these past weeks/months - I can't catch up on this thread but I's sure there are congratulations, wishes and hugs to be given.

I hope you are all well. Lots of love, kisses and hugs to you all.

V.. do you have anything on youtube or myspace?

One thing.. I think the fairies past me by because I just wasn't around. Any bit of fairy dust would be welcome (here I am, no posting for months, and now demanding!).
  • Rita :o so good to hear from ya. My offer still stands if and when you need!

Good that he's coming home soon though. It must be seriously frustrating for both of you :(
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Stoney! long time since you have been around these parts! :)

I know! I thought I should check in. Lots been happening but I thought I would say hi to my PJ friends! :D

How you doing soupy?

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • redrock wrote:
    It's been so long since I've come here to give a lil' update - same old excuse really - lack of time. I get up at 4.30am and don't get home until 7.30-8.00pm, then all the usual 'domestic' stuff has to happen as well as trying to spend some quality time with Gabrielle (seeing we don't get 'quantity' at the moment) and I am totally exhausted when all that is done! But I have been graciously reminded that I am neglecting you so here goes....

As you are aware that I was going on holiday - this was restful. I managed to convince myself that all was well back in London (when way down deep, I knew that wasn't quite right) and everytime I spoke to Rob, he did a good job making me believe it.

Rob has been in rehab now for six weeks. He is making incredible progress. He still has his short term memory problems, though it seems he's remembering 'important' things (and not what he has had for breakfast!) and his shoulder is still giving him a lot of grief. I've asked them to look into acupunture for this. His speech is soooooo much better. He is still searching for words sometimes and every once in a while what comes out is a bit strange but most of the time, it is perfect though he does have problems 'switching' topics (may get hung up on a idea). He is still a bit disorientated and still needs some prompting for things (ie he may be making a cup of tea but doesn't always remember in which order to do things). His reading is still quite muddled up in his brain. He can read a few sentences (uncovering them one at a time) and make sense of them, but more and it the sense goes. He can read the words and understand them perfectly but it's when there is a lot together that it doesn't work. He has been coming home every week end and that has been a blessing. The really downside at the moment is that he is VERY depressed, to the point it may hinder his recovery as he is less cooperative and is just putting his hands down. I have asked the doctor to give him something for that but, when the doc asks Rob about it, he says things are OK as he doesn't like to talk about those things with 'strangers' (bloody british men with their stiff upper lip!). But when he is in tears for nothing, you know something is wrong. The problem is that his intellect is as it was before and he is very frustrated and sad he's not functioning as he thinks he should. Things are taking way to long in his opinion. But we shall see.

One great bit of news is that he will be coming home for good on 5th November. Then there is another set of challenges but at least he will be home. For me it is really something to look forward to and it sort of keeps the adrenaline going (only six more weeks of this 'life'). For Rob it seems an eternity.

So this is it for the moment. Thank you all so much for your continued messages, cards, txts, posts, etc. You offers of baby sitting, cleaning, being my slave, etc. It really helps a lot. I've missed so much in these past weeks/months - I can't catch up on this thread but I's sure there are congratulations, wishes and hugs to be given.

I hope you are all well. Lots of love, kisses and hugs to you all.

V.. do you have anything on youtube or myspace?

One thing.. I think the fairies past me by because I just wasn't around. Any bit of fairy dust would be welcome (here I am, no posting for months, and now demanding!).

Sooo glad to hear that things are getting better Rita. I can't even begin to imagine how hard things are for you and all your family, especially Rob. I'm sure that once Rob comes home it may begin to get even easier, being around things that are familiar will help, I'm sure.

If there is any thing that I can do to help I will do. We're always here for you, you know that. Much love and hugs to all you guys xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • I know! I thought I should check in. Lots been happening but I thought I would say hi to my PJ friends! :D

How you doing soupy?
    oooohh what's been happening then? I want some gossip :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • oooohh what's been happening then? I want some gossip :)

yeah, whats the goss in stoneys world?
    being in a very different timezone means that the drunken phone calls i used to receive no longer happen!
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,

• Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    Hey all,

Firstly Red, great to hear from you and glad rob is making progress. All our thoughts and love are with you all ;)

V delighted all went well, was never worried for ya!

Congrats Jen and best of luck hells.

Soupy and emmi....get a feckin room :p

Dunk + jrd....get a feckin room too!!

Hols were great. Lots of sun, sea and drinkkkkkkkkk...oh and a bit of hows-ur-father for good measure!!! Have come home to veryyyyy hefty cc bills and overdraft that is currently threatening to overwhelm me but fingers x'd I'll have a nice expenses check soon to help with that.

We had our first scan today and all is well. It was mad, we could see the baby moving its mouth and hands, much more than with A-M, so over the moon that all is well. I suppose those of you with kids know that, while you're sure that everything is going to be fine, until you get that first scan out of the way, there is always something in the back of you mind going..."what if..."

So glad to be back and hope you're all keeping well

Oh and Pip tnx again for the cd, am likin it!!
    I need a coffee!
  • al - drink some paddy's for me! i'm all out! :eek:
    I love to turn you on
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    Thanks all for the congrats :)

I've been off the smokes now for a whole month - yey :D

Hope the move went well Hells!
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
    Congrats Jenny on the nephew and on gving up the cigs :)

Welcome back Al ... hope you missed us :p
    :D yeah congrats Auntie Jen !
    and well done keep off them fags !

Al so glad you had a nice holiday hope the moneys sort themselves out.

Stoney update on ur life ???

i'm thinking of getting some KOL tix for Cardif :) and taking Mali to her first non festival gig, my babys so grown up now shes in big school.

trying to find insurance for my teaching though I dont have any teaching certs hummm hoping I can be coverd under massage qulifications.

OOOOOoooo woke up very happy as had a PJ dream last night, watching them at a fest. then having to go and tell them their lunch was ready backstage at the accustic stage !!!!!! hahahahahahahahahaha

DUNK i'll ask u again (and everyone else) the new KOL album has anyone heard/have it any good??
    Morning V ... I haven't listened to/got it yet :o ... am going to see them in December though :D

Bet Mali will love it if you go :cool:
    Chime wrote:
    Morning V ... I haven't listened to/got it yet :o ... am going to see them in December though :D

Bet Mali will love it if you go :cool:

coool

yes she has been playing them non stop since Glasto. !!!

hoping to get tix for that Black keys gig too :)
    and poss. last minuet mighty boosh !!! hehe Mali's other obsession :p
    V V wrote:
    i'm thinking of getting some KOL tix for Cardif :) and taking Mali to her first non festival gig, my babys so grown up now shes in big school.

DUNK i'll ask u again (and everyone else) the new KOL album has anyone heard/have it any good??

I've listened to it about 4 or 5 times.

Its good, but the other 3 albums are much better imo.

some songs on the new album, i just cant recall... they are just a bit ehhh non-descript?

I'd still go and see them live at every opportunity though...

as i said, its a good album... perhaps another few listens will show its class to me..
    dunkman wrote:
    I've listened to it about 4 or 5 times.

Its good, but the other 3 albums are much better imo.

some songs on the new album, i just cant recall... they are just a bit ehhh non-descript?

I'd still go and see them live at every opportunity though...

as i said, its a good album... perhaps another few listens will show its class to me..

thanks

yes that was my feeling from the snipetts I've heard.
    I did love Crawl at glasto. :)

have you seen any of the home movies ? some are very funny.

(trying to upload resent belly wobble for ur amusement ! hehe)

chime are u going to wembley or O2 ?
  • Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    Cheers all :D

Have to say, I do like the KOL tunes I've heard but never picked up an album. Do like the new tune tho, very funky!

Any fairies wanna help me out??? ;) (Not you chimey, you've done your duty!!)

:D
    I need a coffee!